Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 09:35:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Reddit’s science forum banned climate deniers.  (Read 636405 times)
KFCBTC

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 01:55:27 AM

Good, these fucking retards wont be happy untill our planet looks like venus from greenhouse gasses. Im all for free speach but if its my message boards that i own and i see idiots speading bullshit that hurts humanity im allowed to strop it if i want too. reddit is not a government organization they dont owe you anything they are allowed to have opinions. I share this opinion with them, science denyers are whats wrong wit hthe world right now. idiots with a voice
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 02:07:41 AM

Good, these fucking retards wont be happy untill our planet looks like venus from greenhouse gasses. Im all for free speach but if its my message boards that i own and i see idiots speading bullshit that hurts humanity im allowed to strop it if i want too. reddit is not a government organization they dont owe you anything they are allowed to have opinions. I share this opinion with them, science denyers are whats wrong wit hthe world right now. idiots with a voice

Wow, now we're talking Venus.  There's no relation between atmospheric dynamics on Venus and Earth.

I got some news for you.  It's the religious Warmers that are the science deniers. 

But there's no need to call them fucking retards.  Just call them Climate Tards.
KFCBTC

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 02:18:00 AM

Wow, now we're talking Venus.  There's no relation between atmospheric dynamics on Venus and Earth.

I got some news for you.  It's the religious Warmers that are the science deniers. 

But there's no need to call them fucking retards.  Just call them Climate Tards.

Venus is the way it is because of a runaway greenhouse gas effect caused by a volcano that spewed methane. I'm indirectly quoting Neil Degrasse Tyson here.
(Youtube search  Neil Tyson - Venus)

and no fuck them, because i study in scientific fields and I understand how science comes to be and the kind of conspiracy they are inferring is rediculous and soemhow alluring to other idiots and it has to be stopped!

independent people who do their own research compare findings from all over the world that show results and even if the analyses of those results is wrong its not up to idiots in forums to decide. do proper research or at least research the system of getting the answers you hear before you question them

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 02:51:46 AM

Venus is the way it is because of a runaway greenhouse gas effect caused by a volcano that spewed methane. I'm indirectly quoting Neil Degrasse Tyson here.

and no fuck them, because i study in scientific fields and I understand how science comes to be and the kind of conspiracy they are inferring is rediculous and soemhow alluring to other idiots and it has to be stopped!

independent people who do their own research compare findings from all over the world that show results and even if the analyses of those results is wrong its not up to idiots in forums to decide. do proper research or at least research the system of getting the answers you hear before you question them

Lol, Venus has 20 km of sufuric acid and co2 before you hit the planet.  That co2 is under so much pressure it is basically liquid at the surface.

There's no comparison between that mix and it's dynamics and what we have on Earth.  Don't just blah stuff you read or heard, use your brain.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4606
Merit: 1276

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 03:33:52 AM

Lol, Venus has 20 km of sufuric acid and co2 before you hit the planet.  That co2 is under so much pressure it is basically liquid at the surface.

There's no comparison between that mix and it's dynamics and what we have on Earth.  Don't just blah stuff you read or heard, use your brain.

But, my dear Spendy, we could have 20 km of sulfuric acid here on earth also if we don't give the oligarchs at the UN $315 TRILLION dollars to save us and let them design and operate a new global economic system.  Don't you know this?

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
KFCBTC

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 03:42:05 AM

Wow, now we're talking Venus.  There's no relation between atmospheric dynamics on Venus and Earth.

I got some news for you.  It's the religious Warmers that are the science deniers.  

But there's no need to call them fucking retards.  Just call them Climate Tards.

(Youtube search  Neil Tyson - Venus)

Lol, Venus has 20 km of sufuric acid and co2 before you hit the planet.  That co2 is under so much pressure it is basically liquid at the surface.

There's no comparison between that mix and it's dynamics and what we have on Earth.  Don't just blah stuff you read or heard, use your brain.

no bullshit being spewed here the reason that Co2 is there is because its got trapped and couldn't get out, hense the term "runaway greenhouse gas effect". Maybe you should look up that term and then check out the video im reffering too before you criticize it, Wink
KFCBTC

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 03:45:51 AM

Lol, Venus has 20 km of sufuric acid and co2 before you hit the planet.  That co2 is under so much pressure it is basically liquid at the surface.

There's no comparison between that mix and it's dynamics and what we have on Earth.  Don't just blah stuff you read or heard, use your brain.

But, my dear Spendy, we could have 20 km of sulfuric acid here on earth also if we don't give the oligarchs at the UN $315 TRILLION dollars to save us and let them design and operate a new global economic system.  Don't you know this?

am i allowed to post videos on here? ill gladly send it to you

Edit* if you search youtube for Neil tyson Venus is the second video and its 2.49 seconds long he says at 2.09 seconds exactly what i just said, I trust him more than you
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 03:52:11 AM

But, my dear Spendy, we could have 20 km of sulfuric acid here on earth also if we don't give the oligarchs at the UN $315 TRILLION dollars to save us and let them design and operate a new global economic system.  Don't you know this?

Post the link.  If you want to get fancy, highlight it and use the little globe looking tool.  It's always interesting to see the pseudo-science and psychological methods used by the scare-mongers.  Nye, Gore, etc are true bottom feeders.  Tyson is at least one notch above them in the little bit that I've seen of his work.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
KFCBTC

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 04:01:05 AM

Post the link.  If you want to get fancy, highlight it and use the little globe looking tool.  It's always interesting to see the pseudo-science and psychological methods used by the scare-mongers.  Nye, Gore, etc are true bottom feeders.  Tyson is at least one notch above them in the little bit that I've seen of his work.

Your entitled to think that but I disagree, Neil Tyson is a renowned astrophysicist who got to where his through being loved by all his students and alumni alike. He is very well educated and there are many other scholars in his field. that's the thing about science its a consensus of peoples interpretations of Data. Its not flawless, it makes mistakes but its really hard to just blatantly make shit up because...
"The truth remains true weather or not you believe it" - Neil Degrasse Tyson

The consensus of the entire scientific community is that Venus is actually in the life giving zone of our star system where it could have hypothetically contained water at some point, and it did not in fact reach that temperature due to its proximity to our sun. It was a run away green house gas effect caused naturally from gas releasing deep with in the planets core thus trapping the suns heat and not letting it escape.
Altitude

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 04:41:54 AM

Your entitled to think that but I disagree, Neil Tyson is a renowned astrophysicist who got to where his through being loved by all his students and alumni alike. He is very well educated and there are many other scholars in his field. that's the thing about science its a consensus of peoples interpretations of Data. Its not flawless, it makes mistakes but its really hard to just blatantly make shit up because...

The consensus of the entire scientific community is that Venus is actually in the life giving zone of our star system where it could have hypothetically contained water at some point, and it did not in fact reach that temperature due to its proximity to our sun. It was a run away green house gas effect caused naturally from gas releasing deep with in the planets core thus trapping the suns heat and not letting it escape.

Im afraid hes right guys, i watched the video. Venus was heated with greenhouse gas (according to MR Neil)

Altitude,
Simplicity in everything
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 04:45:47 AM

Your entitled to think that but I disagree, Neil Tyson

I said 'at least'.  I'm simply not all that familiar with his work.

is a renowned astrophysicist who got to where his through being loved by all his students and alumni alike. He is very well educated and there are many other scholars in his field. that's the thing about science its a consensus of peoples interpretations of Data. Its not flawless, it makes mistakes but its really hard to just blatantly make shit up because...

So the guy is a truther?

That could happen here in a few billion years.  Or tomorrow.  It simply will not happen due to humans using fossil fuels.  Indeed, we could probably burn every ounce of fossil fuel we could possibly dig up and not impact the climate or mean global temperature in a noticeable way, or at least in a noticeable way which would last for more then a few decades.  There is simply not enough carbon sequestered as fossil fuel to do so.

If we learn how to burn carbonate rocks in an energy positive manner and turn half the earth into a huge open pit strip mine, then maybe we could do so via CO2.  Or we figure out how to get the deep ocean to release it's sequestered CO2 and for some reason do it, that could also create the proposed atmospheric CO2-as-greenhouse-gas  problem.  The amount of CO2 sequestered in this manner is something like 40,000/400 relative to the total carbon storage of all potential fossil fuel reserves.

The only reason CO2 is 'in the public mind' relative to climate is that CO2 has a relationship to how humans use energy and a relatively small group of people have recognized that controlling energy means controlling human populations.  These people are the same ones who fund academia, own the corporations who publishing journals, own the actual fossil fuel reserves which contain energy who's value will explode when supply is artificially constrained, etc, etc.

Altitude

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 04:52:30 AM

Your entitled to think that but I disagree, Neil Tyson

I said 'at least'.  I'm simply not all that familiar with his work.

is a renowned astrophysicist who got to where his through being loved by all his students and alumni alike. He is very well educated and there are many other scholars in his field. that's the thing about science its a consensus of peoples interpretations of Data. Its not flawless, it makes mistakes but its really hard to just blatantly make shit up because...

So the guy is a truther?

That could happen here in a few billion years.  Or tomorrow.  It simply will not happen due to humans using fossil fuels.  Indeed, we could probably burn every ounce of fossil fuel we could possibly dig up and not impact the climate or mean global temperature in a noticeable way, or at least in a noticeable way which would last for more then a few decades.  There is simply not enough carbon sequestered as fossil fuel to do so.

If we learn how to burn carbonate rocks in an energy positive manner and turn half the earth into a huge open pit strip mine, then maybe we could do so via CO2.  Or we figure out how to get the deep ocean to release it's sequestered CO2 and for some reason do it, that could also create the proposed atmospheric CO2-as-greenhouse-gas  problem.  The amount of CO2 sequestered in this manner is something like 40,000/400 relative to the total carbon storage of all potential fossil fuel reserves.

The only reason CO2 is 'in the public mind' relative to climate is that CO2 has a relationship to how humans use energy and a relatively small group of people have recognized that controlling energy means controlling human populations.  These people are the same ones who fund academia, own the corporations who publishing journals, own the actual fossil fuel reserves which contain energy who's value will explode when supply is artificially constrained, etc, etc.

Sorry chiming in from the peanut gallery here... in the new movie Cowspiracy, they say that all burning of fossil fuels actually only makes up less than 15% of contribution to global warming, its actually being caused mostly by our diet. its animal agriculture releasing methane run off that's causing climate change.

Altitude,
Simplicity in everything
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 05:17:41 AM

Sorry chiming in from the peanut gallery here... in the new movie Cowspiracy, they say that all burning of fossil fuels actually only makes up less than 15% of contribution to global warming, its actually being caused mostly by our diet. its animal agriculture releasing methane run off that's causing climate change.

Crazy as that sounds off hand, it is technically not all that crazy in a back-of-the-envelope sort of way.  Imagine the weight of the gas in a can that one puts into a car daily.  Imagine picking up the amount of grass that a cow munches down on a per-day basis.  Comes down to the number's count.  But before one goes into a panic, note that the grass (or alternate plant which WILL be growing there) is not destined to become a carbon rich fossil absent the cow.  It would rot and 'pollute' the atmosphere with carbon anyway.

I've heard that among the largest contributors to CH4 are termites and beavers.  The latter due primarily to environmental impacts which create 'wetlands'.  The former hosts more or less the same microbes which can break down cellulose as do ruminates.

This comes back to the suggestion I made earlier that we humans probably made our greatest contribution to global atmospheric carbon about 100,000 years or so ago when we started lighting environments on fire.

It's worth note that the impacts of any greenhouse gas is not linear.  The higher the concentration (of various constituents), the greater the 'atmospheric opacity'.  The analogy I uses earlier is that if one is already behind a sheet of bullet-proof glass, strapping on some body armor is not going to make that much difference since something else will already have stopped the bullet.  I'd have to look again, but I recall methane, while being a 'powerful greenhouse gas', is also especially prone to this principle.  Water vapor has already absorbed most of the energy on the spectra in which methane is most active.  The same principle applies to CO2 but just not as much.

Altitude

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 05:22:29 AM

Crazy as that sounds off hand, it is technically not all that crazy in a back-of-the-envelope sort of way.  Imagine the weight of the gas in a can that one puts into a car daily.  Imagine picking up the amount of grass that a cow munches down on a per-day basis.  Comes down to the number's count.  But before one goes into a panic, note that the grass (or alternate plant which WILL be growing there) is not destined to become a carbon rich fossil absent the cow.  It would rot and 'pollute' the atmosphere with carbon anyway.

I've heard that among the largest contributors to CH4 are termites and beavers.  The latter due primarily to environmental impacts which create 'wetlands'.  The former hosts more or less the same microbes which can break down cellulose as do ruminates.

This comes back to the suggestion I made earlier that we humans probably made our greatest contribution to global atmospheric carbon about 100,000 years or so ago when we started lighting environments on fire.

It's worth note that the impacts of any greenhouse gas is not linear.  The higher the concentration (of various constituents), the greater the 'atmospheric opacity'.  The analogy I uses earlier is that if one is already behind a sheet of bullet-proof glass, strapping on some body armor is not going to make that much difference since something else will already have stopped the bullet.  I'd have to look again, but I recall methane, while being a 'powerful greenhouse gas', is also especially prone to this principle.  Water vapor has already absorbed most of the energy on the spectra in which methane is most active.  The same principle applies to CO2 but just not as much.

But with our population growing exponentially our farts have to be considered too. Its our farts and poop plus all land animals on earth which includes all our food. At some point wouldn't it start to penetrate the glass in your analogy? or is that like only after a million years of growth? (asking because i honestly don't know the math)

Altitude,
Simplicity in everything
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 05:43:39 AM

Crazy as that sounds off hand, it is technically not all that crazy in a back-of-the-envelope sort of way.  Imagine the weight of the gas in a can that one puts into a car daily.  Imagine picking up the amount of grass that a cow munches down on a per-day basis.  Comes down to the number's count.  But before one goes into a panic, note that the grass (or alternate plant which WILL be growing there) is not destined to become a carbon rich fossil absent the cow.  It would rot and 'pollute' the atmosphere with carbon anyway.

I've heard that among the largest contributors to CH4 are termites and beavers.  The latter due primarily to environmental impacts which create 'wetlands'.  The former hosts more or less the same microbes which can break down cellulose as do ruminates.

It's worth note that the impacts of any greenhouse gas is not linear.  The higher the concentration (of various constituents), the greater the 'atmospheric opacity'.  The analogy I uses earlier is that if one is already behind a sheet of bullet-proof glass, strapping on some body armor is not going to make that much difference since something else will already have stopped the bullet.  I'd have to look again, but I recall methane, while being a 'powerful greenhouse gas', is also especially prone to this principle.  Water vapor has already absorbed most of the energy on the spectra in which methane is most active.  The same principle applies to CO2 but just not as much.

But with our population growing exponentially our farts have to be considered too. Its our farts and poop plus all land animals on earth which includes all our food. At some point wouldn't it start to penetrate the glass in your analogy? or is that like only after a million years of growth? (asking because i honestly don't know the math)

Sure.  Overpopulation of anything will 'harm' the environment and/or result in harm to one another.  It's a perfectly valid argument that even at our current population levels humans already have crossed that point, but to have this argument one must agree on the meaning of 'harm' among other things.  This seems to me to be the point where many of the 'scientists' often start to become quite 'religious' in their definitions.  More like high priests than like rational engineers, and more and more that is how they are marketed to the plebs.

The way I see it 'we' still have plenty of time to figure out reasonable ways to modulate human population before 'the danger' becomes to great.  Again though, this is simply a values judgement involving my own personal ethics and what-not.  The proposals put forth by 'sustainability' crowd vis-a-vis energy use are flat out genocidal in practice by my estimation, and I think it is a refection of the values judgement of others which differ from my own.

Again, it is beyond absurd that CO2 from human fossil fuel use will be the big problem, but there are plenty of other things that will rupture at certain critical population densities.

SuperShill

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 05:50:50 AM

Climate change is real! Reddit has the right to ban whoever they want if it annoys them. Also this is old news why is this in my thread lol?
dwma

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 09:37:47 AM

It is always interesting to see what you guys label as "interesting". Very telling about your psychological makeups.
SgtMoth

Activity: 910
Merit: 1004

buy silver!

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 07:04:54 PM

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/aug/10/physicist-who-foresees-global-cooling-says-other-s/
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 07:37:59 PM

Post the link.  If you want to get fancy, highlight it and use the little globe looking tool.  It's always interesting to see the pseudo-science and psychological methods used by the scare-mongers.  Nye, Gore, etc are true bottom feeders.  Tyson is at least one notch above them in the little bit that I've seen of his work.

It is always interesting to see what you guys label as "interesting". Very telling about your psychological makeups.

The anthropogenic climate change hoax is a key element of what is basically the oligarchs attempt to  are 'steal earth.'  If successful, it will constitute the biggest theft in history and the payout in monetary terms alone will be enormous.  Yes, it's quite fascinating to see the various ways the implementation is attempted.

Corbett has done an outstanding job of documenting the efforts leading up to where we are now.  I can hardly wait for his promised part-II.  In the mean time, we can watch Nye, Gore, Tyson, etc at work on certain elements of the project which is, as I say, interesting to me.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 09:00:34 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2016, 09:22:11 PM by Spendulus

Edit* if you search youtube for Neil tyson Venus is the second video and its 2.49 seconds long he says at 2.09 seconds exactly what i just said, I trust him more than you

I'm afraid you don't quite understand, so let me explain.  I understand quite well that you have accurate repeated Tyson's words.  You have heard me refute him.  I have invited you to actually use your brain.  

This means that I've rejected your argument from Authority.  I have not asked you for trust and never would.  I have invited you to look at the rather simple chemistry and physics at work here.  Science is not based on trust, but on critical thinking, which is if you like, the exact opposite of trust.

Here is the reflected energy, in bold is the non-reflected energy.

Venus 2601x.77=2002, 599
Earth  1361x.306, 416

The reason Venus is so bright is that the outer atmosphere layer is sulfur oxide gas (SO2) which is very white, reflective substance.  However, the underside of that layer reflects light also, but in the downward direction. 

Were the SO2 layer not there you could argue about CO2 and Venus.  But you cannot, because it is there.  There is no CO2 effect driving "runaway greenhouse" on Venus.

Here are relevant facts.

http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/planetary/factsheet/venusfact.html

Venus          Earth     Ratio (Venus/Earth)
Mass (1024 kg)                      4.8675         5.9724         0.815
Volume (1010 km3)                  92.843        108.321          0.857
Equatorial radius (km)              6051.8         6378.1          0.949     
Polar radius (km)                  6051.8         6356.8          0.952
Volumetric mean radius (km)        6051.8         6371.0          0.950
Ellipticity (Flattening)            0.000          0.00335        0.0 
Mean density (kg/m3)               5243           5514            0.951
Surface gravity (eq.) (m/s2)        8.87           9.80           0.905
Surface acceleration (eq.) (m/s2)   8.87           9.78           0.907
Escape velocity (km/s)             10.36          11.19           0.926
GM (x 106 km3/s2)                   0.32486        0.39860        0.815
Bond albedo                         0.77           0.306          2.52
Visual geometric albedo             0.65           0.367          1.77 
Visual magnitude V(1,0)            -4.40          -3.86             -
Solar irradiance (W/m2)            2601.3         1361.0          1.911
Black-body temperature (K)          226.6          254.0          0.892
Topographic range (km)               13             20            0.650
Moment of inertia (I/MR2)           0.33           0.3308         0.998
J2 (x 10-6)                         4.458       1082.63           0.004 
Number of natural satellites          0              1
Planetary ring system                No             No
Pages: « 1 ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 »
  Print  

Jump to: