Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:03:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 [142] 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 ... 230 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Reddit’s science forum banned climate deniers.  (Read 636401 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 03:19:41 PM

Global tax to help fund a global government...the beginning of the end

Don't forget the space police...

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-climatechange-summit-space-idUSKBN0TT33A20151210

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 03:24:51 PM

Thank you all for keeping the discussion alive. And I do mean ALL, unlike reddit....

MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 04:47:17 PM

Video: Senate Hearing: Climatologist Exposes "Bullying," "Groupthink;" Scientists Turned "Lobbyists"

"Dr. Judith Curry, Professor and former Chair of the School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at the Georgia Institute of Technology, delivers remarks to last week's US Senate Commerce Committee Hearing on "Data or Dogma? Promoting Open Inquiry in the Debate Over the Magnitude of the Human Impact on Earth’s Climate."
SgtMoth

Activity: 910
Merit: 1004

buy silver!

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 04:25:29 AM

...so what happens when it keeps getting colder?  Like I said, this is to help fund a world government. 
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 04:55:06 AM

...so what happens when it keeps getting colder?  Like I said, this is to help fund a world government. 

I'm genuinely surprised you ask this question.  We all know that when it keeps getting colder, this means that more of that excess heat is being bottled up deep in the ocean.  And this is scary stuff, really scary stuff.  Because it means that when the pressure cooker blows up, it is that much more powerful.

Doubleplusgood, don't forget that when it keeps getting colder for you, three other places are getting hotter.  See?  You think the absence of the problem invalidates the problem, when in fact the absence of the problem is, as every person with some understanding of science knows, absolute proof of the problem.

Smiley  I belong on reddit....
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 02:03:47 PM

I'm genuinely surprised you ask this question.  We all know that when it keeps getting colder, this means that more of that excess heat is being bottled up deep in the ocean.  And this is scary stuff, really scary stuff.  Because it means that when the pressure cooker blows up, it is that much more powerful.

Doubleplusgood, don't forget that when it keeps getting colder for you, three other places are getting hotter.  See?  You think the absence of the problem invalidates the problem, when in fact the absence of the problem is, as every person with some understanding of science knows, absolute proof of the problem.

Smiley  I belong on reddit....

/r/gonewildclimate ?

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 02:18:36 PM

Father of Global Warming Calls UN Climate Deal “Bullshit,” “Fake,” “Fraud”…

The man considered to be the father of climate change awareness has some thoughts on the global deal struck by almost 200 nations yesterday, and they’re not exactly positive.

James Hansen is a former NASA scientist who testified to Congress back in 1988 about global warming being caused by a greenhouse effect. He is considered one of the leading experts on the matter and has become a strong activist attempting to push for the world to address the issue head-on. One of the stipulations in the deal is setting a target that the global temperature increase does not exceed 2 degrees Celsius.

Well, yesterday, many, many nations came together to tackle the matter, but Hansen isn’t impressed.

He told The Guardian, “It’s a fraud really, a fake. It’s just bullshit for them to say: ‘We’ll have a 2C warming target and then try to do a little better every five years.’ It’s just worthless words. There is no action, just promises. As long as fossil fuels appear to be the cheapest fuels out there, they will be continued to be burned.”

http://www.mediaite.com/online/man-regarded-as-father-of-climate-change-awareness-calls-global-deal-bullshit/

---------------------------------------------
For a second I thought he was describing himself there...

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 02:21:36 PM

Think Tank: Paris Global Warming Agreement Is ‘Paper Tiger’

The energy industry is already saying Saturday’s Paris global warming agreement is “unenforceable, underfunded, and non-binding.”

“There is nothing historic about this deal,” said American Energy Alliance President Thomas Pyle in an email to the Daily Caller News Foundation. “The Obama administration clearly doesn’t have the support of Congress or the American people—making the agreement nothing more than a paper tiger. Unfortunately, this won’t stop the president from pursuing a domestic climate agenda that will raise energy prices on American families, but will have no impact on the climate.”

The Obama administration states that the deal will encourage nearly 200 countries to reduce carbon dioxide emissions, slowing global warming. Despite the doubt, President Obama is already celebrating the deal, as shown by the Tweet.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/12/13/think-tank-paris-global-warming-agreement-is-paper-tiger/

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 02:26:40 PM

Obama: I Just Want To Be Remembered As The Man Who Saved The World . . . From Global Warming…

Barack Obama wants to be remembered as the president who saved the world from climate change. But the 195-nation accord aimed at curbing global warming may be the most fragile of his presidential achievements so far.

More than any of his other top accomplishments—economic recovery, health care reform, the Iran deal, all of which involved Congress to some extent—Obama’s environmental legacy rests on the exercise of executive power over the objections of Republican lawmakers.

In announcing the deal from the White House on Saturday, the president used pointed language to note that his administration laid the groundwork without help from Congress. He cited new limits on power plant emissions, investments in renewable technologies and an agreement with China to do the same — all actions he took on his own.

“Today thanks to strong, principled American leadership,” he said, we’ll leave our children “a world that is safer and more secure, more prosperous and more free, and that is our most important mission in our short time here on this earth.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/12/climate-change-obama-paris-216716

flagpara

Activity: 756
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 02:31:07 PM

Global warming will not be solved. Why? Because the people impacted by it are not the people in power.

Europe is rather safe from natural disasters. You may say that's not the case for America, yes but America is the land of the free people  Grin
It means as long as the people in power can protect themselves from natural disasters they won't do a thing.

Kyoto protocol was a mess, the only way the world change is if one of the nuclear country says "you got the choice, you stop fucking the environment or we nuke you".
That would work.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 03:49:10 PM

Global warming will not be solved. Why? Because the people impacted by it are not the people in power.

Europe is rather safe from natural disasters. You may say that's not the case for America, yes but America is the land of the free people  Grin
It means as long as the people in power can protect themselves from natural disasters they won't do a thing.

Kyoto protocol was a mess, the only way the world change is if one of the nuclear country says "you got the choice, you stop fucking the environment or we nuke you".
That would work.

Kerry: Public Shaming is ‘Most Powerful Weapon in Many Ways’ to Enforce World Climate Agreement

Secretary of State John Kerry said on Sunday that international shame and condemnation is “the most powerful weapon in many ways” to ensure countries comply with the newly-signed climate change accord reached in Paris, which is meant to lower greenhouse gas emissions around the world.

Appearing on NBC’s Meet the Press, Kerry defended the merits of the climate agreement, but host Chuck Todd challenged him on how the deal will be implemented.

“There’s a lot of pledges. There’s a lot of promises. But there seems to be no mechanism for getting countries to comply other than wagging your finger at them and shaming them. Am I wrong?” Todd asked.

“Well that’s the most powerful weapon in many ways,” Kerry replied, “but it’s not the only weapon. And, in fact, we think that there are other powerful weapons.”

Kerry said President Obama has been able to move action on climate change in the United States not just by enforcement mechanisms but also “by setting policy,” which he says took place in Paris with this agreement.

“Here we set policy,” Kerry said, with 186 countries each submitting their own proposal to reduce emissions based on their capabilities.

Kerry then cited a “mandatory, legally binding reporting mechanism,” which requires participant countries to update their plans every five years so they can meet the deal’s goals and do more if necessary.

“People understand this issue,” Kerry said. “This is not a question of just doing it because it seems nice or politically it’s good. It’s because it’s [climate change] having a profoundly  negative impact on nations. They need to respond, and that’s perhaps the most compelling reason of all.”

Todd pushed Kerry on what exactly will happen if a country does not fully adhere to the agreement.

“Okay, so somebody doesn’t comply. Again, what’s this law that you’re going to hit them with, other than international shame?” Todd asked.

Kerry explained that a mechanism is being set up under the framework of the agreement “that will promote compliance,” in which nations will help “bring them on board.”

“You don’t always need a sledgehammer,” Kerry said. “If you can provide people with technology, or you provide them with technical assistance, or you’ve discovered a new means of reducing emissions…at least cost, more efficiency, there will be a huge sharing of these kinds of experiences through the reporting mechanism of the agreement. And that’s going to have a profound impact on a lot of countries, Chuck.”

Kerry admitted that all of this is not necessarily enough “to get us there,” but it will “send a powerful message to the global marketplace.” He said on Fox News Sunday that there would not have been a deal at all if there were actual penalties for not meeting emissions standards.

Kerry said it is expected that the world will invest about $50 trillion into energy over the next 30 or 40 years, and that will be one of the main factors causing countries to “spontaneously move in this direction, because there’s jobs to be created, money to be made, and there’s a population to respond to in terms of the demand of their citizens.”

http://freebeacon.com/issues/kerry-public-shaming-most-powerful-weapon-in-many-ways-enforce-climate-agreement/

flagpara

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 03:58:51 PM

Idealistic point of view if I may...

Problem being that not respecting the agreement and not doing any kind of effort to reduce pollution will give a strong concurential advantage. Imagine everyone respects the agreement and tries to reduce its country pollution. Then it needs only ONE government in ONE country to say "just fuck off, climate change is just a Chinese invention" (I'm not aiming anyone  Grin ) and the incredible advantages it will get will lead the whole world to get back to our current status.

Not polluting means less consuming means less growth means more problem in our capitalistic and liberal countries.
The only way we can save earth is first by finding an economic system that is sustainable, and not just based on an absurd theory of infinite growth in a finite universe.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 04:11:13 PM

Problem being that not respecting the agreement and not doing any kind of effort to reduce pollution will give a strong concurential advantage. Imagine everyone respects the agreement and tries to reduce its country pollution. Then it needs only ONE government in ONE country to say "just fuck off, climate change is just a Chinese invention" (I'm not aiming anyone  Grin ) and the incredible advantages it will get will lead the whole world to get back to our current status.

Not polluting means less consuming means less growth means more problem in our capitalistic and liberal countries.
The only way we can save earth is first by finding an economic system that is sustainable, and not just based on an absurd theory of infinite growth in a finite universe.

https://twitter.com/JunkScience/status/675860410172637184

Cool

flagpara

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 06:10:36 PM

That's the point yeah  Cool

It doesn't matter. You can't beat the argument of "competitivity" right now, we've got to get rid of the "consumer path" first!

notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 06:29:59 PM

Problem being that not respecting the agreement and not doing any kind of effort to reduce pollution will give a strong concurential advantage. Imagine everyone respects the agreement and tries to reduce its country pollution. Then it needs only ONE government in ONE country to say "just fuck off, climate change is just a Chinese invention" (I'm not aiming anyone  Grin ) and the incredible advantages it will get will lead the whole world to get back to our current status.

https://twitter.com/JunkScience/status/675860410172637184

Cool

They need the coal fired power plants to produce the fly ash used as the base for chemtrail spray mix so they can fight global warming produced by the coal fired power plants.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 11:30:36 PM

You mean, that these Astute World Leaders are bumbling idiots about basic economic theory that any woman in a supermarket knows?

And then you conclude that the only fix is World Fascist Eco Totalitarianism?

How about that.
flagpara

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 10:05:26 AM

You mean, that these Astute World Leaders are bumbling idiots about basic economic theory that any woman in a supermarket knows?

How about that.

"bumbling idiots"? I don't understand why you're saying that.
These "Astute World Leaders" are the same that are financing their election campaigns with shady funds, that are sending their own people to war without even asking for their consent first. The same that are allowing the wealth gap to become larger and larger. The same that allow banks to rule the market by letting them spend more than 10 times the money they actually have, then give them money back when they go bankroute.

I don't think they're stupid, I think they don't have the same interest than us. And that it would be stupid to count on them.

[/quote]And then you conclude that the only fix is World Fascist Eco Totalitarianism?[/quote]

So that's your only choice? Our current system or a Fascist Totalitarism?  Tongue
Cause I never said so, I just said that our current economic system is so dumb than even a child can understand it doesn't work...

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 02:07:23 PM

How about that.

"bumbling idiots"? I don't understand why you're saying that.
These "Astute World Leaders" are the same that are financing their election campaigns with shady funds, that are sending their own people to war without even asking for their consent first. The same that are allowing the wealth gap to become larger and larger. The same that allow banks to rule the market by letting them spend more than 10 times the money they actually have, then give them money back when they go bankroute.

I don't think they're stupid, I think they don't have the same interest than us. And that it would be stupid to count on them.

And then you conclude that the only fix is World Fascist Eco Totalitarianism?[/quote]

So that's your only choice? Our current system or a Fascist Totalitarism?  Tongue
Cause I never said so, I just said that our current economic system is so dumb than even a child can understand it doesn't work...
[/quote]

Yeah, you are right.  I'll retract "bumbling idiots" and replace it with something like "corrupt manipulators."

And there are other possible future outcomes than WFET, but that's the direcion these guys seem to be drifting....
flagpara

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 02:13:03 PM

Yeah, you are right.  I'll retract "bumbling idiots" and replace it with something like "corrupt manipulators."

And there are other possible future outcomes than WFET, but that's the direcion these guys seem to be drifting....

Yeah much better description of our governments  Grin

In my country (I'm French btw) all the media and politics are like "omg nobody goes voting, fascist political parties are going up and up wtf people? Why?"
Why? Well if our votes had the slightest impact maybe we'd do something xD
that's why only extremists parties appeared as a solution... And France is just one country, the whole world is going this direction.

I just regret people choose fascism, I prefer the left wing. Personal point of vew though.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 04:42:41 PM

So that's your only choice? Our current system or a Fascist Totalitarism?  Tongue

Yeah, you are right.  I'll retract "bumbling idiots" and replace it with something like "corrupt manipulators."

Yeah much better description of our governments  Grin

In my country (I'm French btw) all the media and politics are like "omg nobody goes voting, fascist political parties are going up and up wtf people? Why?"
Why? Well if our votes had the slightest impact maybe we'd do something xD
that's why only extremists parties appeared as a solution... And France is just one country, the whole world is going this direction.

I just regret people choose fascism, I prefer the left wing. Personal point of vew though.

Lol, don't forget Fascism .... "National Socialism...." birds of a feather, it seems.

But more to your point some historian once noted that significant social change, such as "revolution," was the work of tiny, militant minorities.  I think that is true, objectively.  

According to Noam Chomsky, the democratic process isn't working efficiently, unless it's "managed, and guided" by the proper propaganda.  According to him, that's when socialism is at its best.

But there's nothing "liberal" about socialism as we're seeing it emerge in the last decade.  In the USA, during the years of Obama, the perception-ordered-from-up-high of Libertarianism, was that it was not "Left," but "Far Right."

Go figure.
Pages: « 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 [142] 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 ... 230 »
  Print  

Jump to: