Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 09:30:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EAC] EarthCoin *SEEKING NEW EXCHANGES - HUGE VOLUMES BEING MISSED!  (Read 840288 times)
Nanolucas

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 03:44:11 AM

Either there has been a flood of new members into the Alt coin section because of this coin or someone went on a serious account creation binge. Based on the interaction and attention I think it it is the former.

I personally have been a reader but not participant of the forums for weeks now... I missed some of the boat with DOGE, got in just before Crypsy and solo mined a few mil coins (which I converted to LTC)... that said I found its in my best interest to be attentive to all new coins and the market in general.  I feel this coin has a better chance at success then DOGE (as I think others do as well) so you have a flood of new people participating in the discussion.  At least that's my story.

Personally, I've only really been involved in crypto currencies since Thanksgiving (there was a lot of media attention that got many new people like myself engaged)... As we go thru our learning curve of digesting information (as I  have done over many late night hours), I now want to be part of the conversation.

I'm starting to sound repetitive.

Need more beer.... that will fix it.

This is pretty similar to me. I only started mining altcoins about a week and a half ago and have been having a lot of fun trying to find the most efficient routes / gambling with the newer coins.

This one has nice presentation which helped with adoption and since I was able to get in early I'm going to support it as it has the most potential for me. I'm even looking at setting up a dedicated mining rig soon since it seems like a fun hobby
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kongkai0000

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 03:49:16 AM

I shall be established in accordance with the prompt “earthcoin.conf” file, then open the wallet, prompt error 15678 port, how to do with this?
earthcoin (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 03:54:31 AM

It's great there is this much interested in mining it, but when will it be listed on an exchange and coinmarketcap?

The major exchanges don't normally list coins released as a vehicle to enrich the devs with a scandalous premine. Don't hold your breath.

Would like to address this again.

Limbaugh, thank you for your critique and I understand/hear the criticism loud and clear. Nothing I say here can make you feel at ease but I'm going to try anyway.

People have been trying to launch the ultimate balance of maths/coins/volume/premine/etc. since the alt scene hit. Some have premined 0%, 1%, 10%, 50% and recently 98%. None have really managed to get it right and all can be looked at as Limbaugh describes if one chooses to. If we did absolutely no premine, nobody would have incentive and we'd be doing everything in-house. If we did 10% people would freak out way more, 50% to 90% and ok you got yourself a very risky situation.

This balance of everything that we chose to try to enter the market with, and the rate we steadily see the coins being distributed/mined = by the time any exchanges open up - we hope there will be way more mined, bountied, givenaway than any of the bigger holders can dump on. I personally do NOT want to see anyone sell any for a long time but that's human nature, some will sell all fast - some won't. This project has personally been extremely taxing on my time/stress/dealing with the growth this fast/I don't think I could go down this journey again. Thus this one has to count and we will be doing anything we can to ensure that nobody has the ability to simply kill it, including anyone in the internal team.

While I can't preach that 'we got it right' just yet, a lot of thought went into how to roll out and no matter what the combo of variables I think we would still get some critics so no harm no foul. Just part of the process of entering an exploding industry that deserves criticism due to the risk involved.

Actions speak louder than words and we're trying our best to show you guys good strategy and a safe long term journey with good damage control for unforeseens and critics. However until that happens naturally - I welcome skeptics and critics to watch from the sidelines with eyebrow raised and let time tell if you'd like to be involved or not. Until then there is no need to assume anything negative please - give us a chance and at least some benefit of doubt before throwing this under the bus, and you just might be pleasantly surprised by this projects results in 2014.

Thank you.

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
BC-Trader

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 04:06:02 AM

It's great there is this much interested in mining it, but when will it be listed on an exchange and coinmarketcap?

The major exchanges don't normally list coins released as a vehicle to enrich the devs with a scandalous premine. Don't hold your breath.

Limbaugh, thank you for your critique and I understand/hear the criticism loud and clear. Nothing I say here can make you feel at ease but I'm going to try anyway.

People have been trying to launch the ultimate balance of maths/coins/volume/premine/etc. since the alt scene hit. Some have premined 0%, 1%, 10%, 50% and recently 98%. None have really managed to get it right and all can be looked at as Limbaugh describes if one chooses to. If we did absolutely no premine, nobody would have incentive and we'd be doing everything in-house. If we did 10% people would freak out way more, 50% to 90% and ok you got yourself a very risky situation.

This balance of everything that we chose to try to enter the market with, and the rate we steadily see the coins being distributed/mined = by the time any exchanges open up - we hope there will be way more mined, bountied, givenaway than any of the bigger holders can dump on. I personally do NOT want to see anyone sell any for a long time but that's human nature, some will sell all fast - some won't. This project has personally been extremely taxing on my time/stress/dealing with the growth this fast/I don't think I could go down this journey again. Thus this one has to count and we will be doing anything we can to ensure that nobody has the ability to simply kill it, including anyone in the internal team.

While I can't preach that 'we got it right' just yet, a lot of thought went into how to roll out and no matter what the combo of variables I think we would still get some critics so no harm no foul. Just part of the process of entering an exploding industry that deserves criticism due to the risk involved.

Actions speak louder than words and we're trying our best to show you guys good strategy and a safe long term journey with good damage control for unforeseens and critics. However until that happens naturally - I welcome skeptics and critics to watch from the sidelines with eyebrow raised and let time tell if you'd like to be involved or not. Until then there is no need to assume anything negative please - give us a chance and at least some benefit of doubt before throwing this under the bus, and you just might be pleasantly surprised by this projects results in 2014.

Thank you.

Roll Eyes

are you this guy?

https://twitter.com/CryptoBoomer

I am glad you guys settled for only ~300million coins at 2% instead of 1.5Billion at 10% lol.....

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
eac15678

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 04:08:27 AM

please claim your giveaway if you have not already done so  Wink
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=380010.0

Earthcoin (EAC) is one of the best coin!
limbaugh
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 04:09:57 AM

Thank you.

You better plan on a whole lot of transparency if you hope to salvage an already damaged reputation.
dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 04:10:09 AM

what's the word on a working linux client?
flasheart

Activity: 140

90% of being smart is knowing what you are dumb at

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 04:22:01 AM

You have been very helpful tonight flasheart...care to post exactly what the .bat file should look like for starting the wallet?   i have cgminers down...but not the wallets

I did in my previous post.  Mine looks like this.... earthcoin.bat

earthcoin-qt.exe -server
pause

that's it.  put in your directory that has earthcoin-qt.exe and a shortcut to your desktop or whatever.

and thanks  Cheesy

FLASHEART COMPUTRONIC AND CRYPTOGRAPHIC MINING DISPENSARY

EAC: ejivtoN3m1FmNvN8N3E4gSh8AX6XNMhzB2 | LTC: LVqAT6xBbxytnZ4ndVgD2BQNUtb6Dv59Cn | BTC: 187P7jMH5VeFCFRNBQcePZkAvEMDZ2JXsb  Anything else isn't worth keeping.
note235

Activity: 193

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 04:24:48 AM

caN't open QT/client
this is the error I get

" Run time Error!

This program has requested the Runtime..."

FIXED by deleting .conf file
already backed up wallet.dat
earthcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 04:25:00 AM

what's the word on a working linux client?

Coming now - we'd love someone to verify it asap once they test it please.

Will post a link in the next 10-20min.

educatedwarrior

Activity: 221

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 04:46:31 AM
Last edit: December 23, 2013, 05:01:08 AM by educatedwarrior

New Pool
http://eac.cryptoculture.net

Prop 0% Fee
VARDIFF
STRATUM

Cryptoculture Mining Pools - http://cryptoculture.net      Follow us on Twitter - https://twitter.com/cryptoculture
earthcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 04:48:27 AM

Linux wallet:

EDIT: wrong link - brb -

This is the correct version - has both 32+64bit - thanks and bounty going out to groucha for doing this.

http://earthcoin.biz/earthcoin_linux.tgz

Smiley Confirmation that it's fine would be appreciated (perhaps you'll get a tip too, so include your eac addy).

EDIT2: STILL NEED A MAC WALLET - BOUNTY 100,000 EAC

bettercoinpool

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:00:23 AM
Last edit: December 27, 2013, 02:29:59 PM by bettercoinpool

pool hacked & closed

jerrybusey

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:14:58 AM
Last edit: December 23, 2013, 05:29:27 AM by jerrybusey

Thank you.

It's pretty easy to make a premine transparent if you really want to do so. Don't shift coins around and post on your website a ledger of all the withdrawals/transfers with transaction ids and purpose (linking to giveaway threads for instance). You could dump most of that info out of the wallet so it would really only take an hour or two to setup. Once all your books were completely public I think most people would shut up about the premine and your coin would even be seen as setting a new standard in transparency and professionalism.

Actually you could do this in 5 minutes if you're worried about the effort. Click on the export transactions button in the wallet or wallets holding all the premined coins and post that CSV file along with links to the threads where you did giveaways or bounties. Put up a modest bounty for organizing this into a readable, semi-pretty form and you're done. This will give your coin an innovative feature (transparent premine) to set it apart from the rest. Even if the devs are planning on taking some of it later I don't think people would flip out as much if it were transparently done at a later date (so that people know that you have incentive to keep developing and not abandon the coin).

BTC love: 13pBauoSCJBF5Vdb1AuMYg1kDvrKzNSthU
Lovethecoins

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:31:13 AM

please if you hate send me coins!!! I am actually on the ball for one!! hoping too get ahead just lost 200k doge Sad

efm8k19wpWjyS4JA2oSSfYojXetJXKZL6H

ttsean

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:34:49 AM

FQriPFF4zLNbp7AecZDMkyW5pFSUKT39T4
thks
Nanolucas

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 05:39:48 AM

It's pretty easy to make a premine transparent if you really want to do so. Don't shift coins around and post on your website a ledger of all the withdrawals/transfers with transaction ids and purpose (linking to giveaway threads for instance). You could dump most of that info out of the wallet so it would really only take an hour or two to setup. Once all your books were completely public I think most people would shut up about the premine and your coin would even be seen as setting a new standard in transparency and professionalism.

Actually you could do this in 5 minutes if you're worried about the effort. Click on the export transactions button in the wallet or wallets holding all the premined coins and post that CSV file along with links to the threads where you did giveaways or bounties. Put up a modest bounty for organizing this into a readable, semi-pretty form and you're done. This will give your coin an innovative feature (transparent premine) to set it apart from the rest. Even if the devs are planning on taking some of it later I don't think people would flip out as much if it were transparently done at a later date (so that people know that you have incentive to keep developing and not abandon the coin).

This sounds like one of the most sensible things said so far in this thread. Earthcoin, are you willing to do this?
BitcoinTate

Activity: 224

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 06:19:01 AM

This sounds like one of the most sensible things said so far in this thread. Earthcoin, are you willing to do this?
+1 Put the nay sayers to rest once and for all!

- aka The "DigiMan"
BC-Trader

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 06:21:37 AM

Will never happen  Cool

Prove us wrong Earthcoin...account for the 300million coin pre-mine..bring your coin to be something other then a pump and dump scheme  Wink

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 06:33:22 AM

Someone send me a few Coins please!

eitw3cF5AXw7xAb85JbKpeFpPEYr8sxivu

I will try to make a faucet. If i dont succeed in 1-2 days i will giveaway them.
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 579 »
  Print  

Jump to: