Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:16:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 200 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SKY] Skycoin Launch Announcement  (Read 381515 times)
ehugh66

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

alt fans!

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 04:06:11 AM

have some change or just copy?
xzhybbs

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 04:34:59 AM

Excuse me, what time can be IPO! Looking forward to SKY for a long time!
yshuifejng

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 08:58:56 AM

I look forward to a test version  works on machines running windows,Because I can't run that beta version of Linux(Or can provide an easy run version).I want to experience this coin as soon as possible .

I like free distribution      CoolCoin - Free+IPO POS. CJ5pCML7uAMDvgT514pwFvwB1ZzvxeoNPF  TheSmurfsCoin. TZxXFT6CJ8p7LHSaM8mWQtqveejzvpEusu       [ANN] PixxCoin | PoS | Wallet with built in Exchange Dice Game And Fa | Free IPO       Get GiveawayCoin(GC)? (Free 100%NO IPO NO POW,PURE POS. G*********      ShareCoin Free and Fair Distribution.   Let's flower the moon.     Coffeecoin- 100% FREE Distribution    FootballCoin(FBC):FXf6Xy5hof6GJZZhC9B5TkBi7kKKojusde   Freebiescoin- 100% Free Distribution.       Energycoin - Save Energy, Pure POS (Free IPO).
Jr.peng

Activity: 155

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:41:23 PM

exciting news ,thanks for updata .
td services

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

black swan hunter

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 06:15:32 PM

I look forward to a test version  works on machines running windows,Because I can't run that beta version of Linux(Or can provide an easy run version).I want to experience this coin as soon as possible .

You can download Virtualbox and install for Windows, then install Ubuntu 13.04. It is tricky, and does not go according to the instructions, but see Craig's and my posts above. I used 12.04 but think 13.04 is more compatible based on Ethereum.
genjix
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1076

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 07:13:44 PM

the obelisk name might cause confusion with a darkwallet related project. the blockchain server in darkwallet is called obelisk:

https://github.com/spesmilo/obelisk
olh

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 08:11:47 PM

Thanks! I ended up on the Ethereum installation instructions doing a google search for "ubuntu libgmp" when it wouldn't install with "sudo apt-get install libgmp" and just installed all the dependencies listed there. Ethereum prefers Ubuntu 13.04 over 12.04, maybe Skycoin does as well. For some reason, Ubuntu gmp is under libgmp-dev instead of libgmp.

I want to migrate over to arch linux for Beaglebone and other SoC devices (R-Pi isn't quite strong enough for the entire stack of personal cloud/self hosting of Indiebox and the wish list at http://p2pconnects.us/2013/12/30/assembling-my-personal-cloud/), thought Ubuntu would be more complete for a quick and easy install - think I might as well have went with arch linux since that is the goal for a low powered, always on device with network access.

Is there any Skycoin test coin available and a test net? My client came up with a bunch of addresses but no transactions. I'm not sure what I would use as a receiving address. Any docs on how to use?

https://i.imgur.com/RZmvkTI.jpg

How did you create wallets?

"New address" button seems doesn't work for me.

https://i.imgur.com/StwCYYA.png
CraigM

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 10:18:23 PM

I had the same issue. I assume its related to the bug I filed here: https://github.com/skycoin/skycoin/issues/16

Basically the current version  ( 5afc6d2105b29c59e2259d1a842ad6f6458417ec ) doesn't seem to work, and there hasn't been a commit in the last ~6 days, so its just been in this broken state for a while. As least thats how it seems to me.

Even if I had a fixed version, I couldn't distribute it due to licencing issues (So I'm not going to spend time looking into it further): I still haven't found where the license is specified so I can comply with the terms if distributing. Knowing it's "Its either GNU or MIT" is nice, but I can't comply with even the MIT terms without knowing the copyright... (Note, GNU isn't even a license, its just not unix. GNU GPL version 2 is a license (so is GNU GPL v3 or GNU LGPL). And that seems like a rather silly duel license choice anyway)

Apparently there is a license for it on github somewhere: has anyone found it? I looked through the repo, readme and wiki, and searched the github pages: nothing to be found.
KyLins

Activity: 438

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 12:22:53 PM

Hello, may I ask what time SYC on-line!

WavesBank:www.wavesbank.com

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
qbd1313

Activity: 332

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 02:54:26 PM

Problems with mining
- in CPU coins, all coins go to people with botnets
- in GPU coins, all coins go to people with GPU farms
- in SHA256 coins, all coins go to people with ASICs
- mining gives all new coins to a small cartel of already wealthy miners
- most miners are invested in coins for the short term and not really part of the community

The vast majority of mined coins today are extremely well organized pump and dumps.

THIS IS A SCAM. I WANT FREE COINS.

I wont address criticisms by two week old socket puppet accounts which are pumping Catcoin.  

Anyone can read the Skycoin source code and determine if Skycoin is a scam.

The exciting thing is not where the coin is today, but what it will be.
+1
QBTC

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 03:11:56 PM

Watching this with interest and waiting for easy to test client / wallet.
qbd1313

Activity: 332

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 03:38:25 PM

Looks interesting.
great
session056

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 03:41:03 PM

Fly in the sky,that is a perfect feel. Grin Grin
benjyz

Activity: 140
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 06:04:02 PM

this is on the few interesting altcoin projects at the moment. as far as I understand this is not a currency which can be used on the internet. you should make that more clear. trying to bootstrap the entire internet is not feasible in the short term. capital costs of darknets are many billions of dollars. to pull such a thing off I think you need a very good strategy to establish a use case.
dadao888

Activity: 24

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 06:17:40 PM

interesting.skycoin has potential to be a success.
aristaios

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 06:27:36 PM

always liked golang myself, is there a decision on launch date and coin distribution yet?
allwelder
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:42:17 AM

Interesting,wait to test with easy client or GUI. Smiley

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
skycoin (OP)

Activity: 498
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 06:15:01 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2014, 09:51:54 AM by skycoin

I had the same issue. I assume its related to the bug I filed here: https://github.com/skycoin/skycoin/issues/16

Basically the current version  ( 5afc6d2105b29c59e2259d1a842ad6f6458417ec ) doesn't seem to work, and there hasn't been a commit in the last ~6 days, so its just been in this broken state for a while. As least thats how it seems to me.

Even if I had a fixed version, I couldn't distribute it due to licencing issues (So I'm not going to spend time looking into it further): I still haven't found where the license is specified so I can comply with the terms if distributing. Knowing it's "Its either GNU or MIT" is nice, but I can't comply with even the MIT terms without knowing the copyright... (Note, GNU isn't even a license, its just not unix. GNU GPL version 2 is a license (so is GNU GPL v3 or GNU LGPL). And that seems like a rather silly duel license choice anyway)

Apparently there is a license for it on github somewhere: has anyone found it? I looked through the repo, readme and wiki, and searched the github pages: nothing to be found.

One developer merged in the new wallet RPC and the wallet GUI developer has not updated the wallet to use the new RFC yet. There is a --web command line option for running GUI in browser, for debugging. Its better for development than the QT client. You can inspect the javascript and see the errors.

The new wallet JSON interface allows loading and using multiple wallets in the same client, but broke the wallet GUI.

update: wallet dev will fix it tomorrow

Most of the work in last week has been in the new wire protocol repo. Should be on github soon.

Skycoin License:

The license will be a standard open source license. Current license is
- you can distribute code for non-commercial use
- you can modify code for non-commercial use
- You agree to copyright assignment under the to be determined open source license
- you grant perpetual license to use, distribute and modify any contributed code

We might have terms like "no forking coin without permission for 24 months after date X" and then license is MIT or GNU after that. We have already had to remove build scripts from the repo because someone tried to fork and launch the coin before us.

Skywire: Skycoin Wire Protocol:

The wire protocol is almost done.

The new connection pool has "channels" (uint16). Each channel expose a "service" (a thing that sends/receives packets within a channel). Each connection between two peers in the connection pool can support multiple services running over the same TCP connection.

This is implemented by a connection pool and length prefixed messages with a "dispatcher" that handles the messages for each channel. Raw bytes can be read and written from channels, but gnet has a default dispatcher that allows you to register structs as network messages. When a message is received, the .Handle(...) method of the corresponding struct is called on the receiving end. The struct fields on receiving end are already set to the values that were transmitted. This makes building distributed P2P services very easy (summary: you put data in struct, hit send and on receiving end the .Handle() function is called on the struct).

Current services:
- block chain relay server
- transaction relay server
- emergency messaging server
- obelisk node server

There are tools for finding peers running particular servers using DHT (distributed hashtable) and exchanging peer lists between peers (PEX, peer exchange). Example, If you have a blockchain genesis hash, you can use the hash to find peers running a blockchain server for that chain and download the blocks from them.

If a user wants to create a new, more efficient system for blockchain replication, they can create their own service/server and put it on github and other people can use it. Its extremely modular and not monolithic like the Bitcoin wire protocol.

Darknet Service Example:

This service architecture is the starting point for many of the darknet services. I will write a tutorial with code snippets, for creating a new darknet service.

This is a toy example for creating a distributed exchange through the Skycoin wire protocol, in a few hundred lines of code. You define structs for "check balance" and buy/sell commands and order book listing command. You run the exchange service and it automaticly connects to peers running the exchange service. You say "I want to sell 5000 dogecoin for 1 Skycoin", someone takes the order. The service negotiates the receiving address, receives the Skycoin and sends the 5000 Dogecoin.

That is a fully functional distributed exchange, but does not address cheating. What if you send coins, but do not receive coins? You could
- use a white list and only send coins to trusted exchange services (simpliest and works right away)
- use a more complicated protocol

To prevent cheating you might both agree "I will send 5000 dogecoin to address A within one hour. You will send 1 skycoin to address B within one hour". You both sign the hash of the agreement. If the person does not send the coins, you publish the transaction to Bitcoin talks and everyone can verify it and prove he is a scammer.

Or You both have coins in escrow with mutually agreed upon third party C. The signed agreement is given to C. If one side fails to execute the agreement, the amount is taken out of escrow and C executes that person's side of the agreement at current price.

Skycoin has a protocol under development, called the "gateway protocol" that will simplify these types of transactions. This is an outline for doing a simple distributed exchange with a "raw" service on top of what is implemented right now.

provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:50:24 AM

Basically the current version  ( 5afc6d2105b29c59e2259d1a842ad6f6458417ec ) doesn't seem to work, and there hasn't been a commit in the last ~6 days, so its just been in this broken state for a while. As least thats how it seems to me.

One developer merged in the new wallet RPC and the wallet GUI developer has not updated the wallet to use the new RFC yet. There is a --web command line option for running GUI in browser, for debugging. Its better for development than the QT client. You can inspect the javascript and see the errors.

The new wallet JSON interface allows loading and using multiple wallets in the same client, but broke the wallet GUI.

Most of the work in last week has been in the new wire protocol repo. Should be on github soon.

Skycoin License:

The license will be a standard open source license. Current license is
- you can distribute code for non-commercial use
- you can modify code for non-commercial use
- You agree to copyright assignment under the to be determined open source license
- you grant perpetual license to use, distribute and modify any contributed code

We might have terms like "no forking coin without permission for 24 months after date X" and then license is MIT or GNU after that. We have already had to remove build scripts from the repo because someone tried to fork and launch the coin before us.

Skywire: Skycoin Wire Protocol:

The wire protocol is almost done.

The new connection pool has "channels" (uint16). Each channel expose a "service" (a thing that sends/receives packets within a channel). Each connection between two peers in the connection pool can support multiple services running over the same TCP connection.

Current services:
- block chain relay server
- transaction relay server
- emergency messaging server
- obelisk node server

There are tools for finding peers running particular servers using DHT (distributed hashtable) and exchanging peer lists between peers (PEX, peer exchange). Example, If you have a blockchain genesis hash, you can use the hash to find peers that are replicating the blockchain and download the blocks from them.

The wire protocol may support darknet services such as routing, chat and messaging in the future.

thanks for the Update!

really like this coin!
Painful Truth

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:14:16 PM

very interesting.. seems like an underrated project!  Shocked
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 200 »
  Print  

Jump to: