Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:15:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 8th Alt coin thread. Or what to do now that asics are all over the place.  (Read 81543 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
TheHas

Activity: 616
Merit: 167

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 12:33:30 AM

I've got two rigs of 570's that I have basically dismantled. Whilst I could run them for the sake of it, at 16ct/kwh it's a zero-sum game. If someone rocked up giving me £50 for each 570 I'd give them the whole batch (14 of'em).

We've basically hit economic equilibrium. People keep mining as long as there is a profit, and stop when there isn't.

So with electricity costs most people are coming out at roughly zero. But I don't really sell what I mine anyway, so I don't pay too much attention to day to day profits. My thinking is even if mining is marginal, I have the equipment so I should use it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rs1x

Activity: 284
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 12:35:23 AM

You know your tools are getting old when
1. Your Ryzen 5 2600 shows up in HWiNFO with a 108 Degrees core temp..  like wtf
2. Your Vega 64 reference shows up in GPU-Z with 8 Gig of Micro memory.  like wtf.  I know it has Samsung..
3. ATI pixel clock patcher complains that the driver file is too large.
Luckily all above items were resolved by upgrading the corresponding tool...
Time to overhaul the software repo..
Goes to show you the amount of innovation going on in this field called mining..

Perhaps I should mention that I needed to upgrade OverDrivenTool to 0.2.8. beta1 after I upgraded my AMD driver to 19.4.1 and lost fan control on my RX 570s...
Then I had to upgrade my Teamviewer to 14 something after it complained that the machine I tried to connect to had 14 something....

BTW does anyone know of a replacement for TeamViewer?  I am getting tired of its ways..  I can only stay connected a few minutes at a time now it suspects business use...

I still have a license for RemoteAdministrator 2.1; and its my fallback for when I need to double wrap a session, or don't have the ability to install TeamViewer;   it's basically windows RDP before windows had RDP.

If you know how to properly filter/restrict your traffic;  just use windows RDP;  just be absolutely sure you know how to configure the machine to only respond to you.   There are many ways to do this....

would you mind sharing a few ways.  I could always use a few tips.
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2019, 03:11:01 AM

1. Your Ryzen 5 2600 shows up in HWiNFO with a 108 Degrees core temp..  like wtf
2. Your Vega 64 reference shows up in GPU-Z with 8 Gig of Micro memory.  like wtf.  I know it has Samsung..
Goes to show you the amount of innovation going on in this field called mining..

Perhaps I should mention that I needed to upgrade OverDrivenTool to 0.2.8. beta1 after I upgraded my AMD driver to 19.4.1 and lost fan control on my RX 570s...
Then I had to upgrade my Teamviewer to 14 something after it complained that the machine I tried to connect to had 14 something....

BTW does anyone know of a replacement for TeamViewer?  I am getting tired of its ways..  I can only stay connected a few minutes at a time now it suspects business use...

I still have a license for RemoteAdministrator 2.1; and its my fallback for when I need to double wrap a session, or don't have the ability to install TeamViewer;   it's basically windows RDP before windows had RDP.

If you know how to properly filter/restrict your traffic;  just use windows RDP;  just be absolutely sure you know how to configure the machine to only respond to you.   There are many ways to do this....

would you mind sharing a few ways.  I could always use a few tips.

for linux you can use xterm, or for windows you can use the built in RDP or a 3rd party such as my commented remote administrator;   there are countless how-to's on remote desktop protocol stuff out there....  TV is just nice because they have a 3rd party reporting/relay server.

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
KaydenC

Activity: 610
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2019, 03:23:18 AM

Have anyone had experience trying to do international RMA with AMD Gpu brands? Because I'm looking to grab a rig or two of Vega 7, mine for 2 years, sell it for $450.

For other brands, in my experience there's no issues with EVGA and Corsair, and thermaltake doesn't allow it.
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 03:37:37 AM

BTW does anyone know of a replacement for TeamViewer?  I am getting tired of its ways..  I can only stay connected a few minutes at a time now it suspects business use...

I still have a license for RemoteAdministrator 2.1; and its my fallback for when I need to double wrap a session, or don't have the ability to install TeamViewer;   it's basically windows RDP before windows had RDP.

If you know how to properly filter/restrict your traffic;  just use windows RDP;  just be absolutely sure you know how to configure the machine to only respond to you.   There are many ways to do this....

for linux you can use xterm, or for windows you can use the built in RDP or a 3rd party such as my commented remote administrator;   there are countless how-to's on remote desktop protocol stuff out there....  TV is just nice because they have a 3rd party reporting/relay server.

During the farm heydays circa 2016/17 .... someone suggested this MOBATEK utility, google "MobaXterm" -- it was a gem of a multi-purpose utility.

It has built in viewer - Win, Linux etc, FTP, scripting --- I managed to create scripts to automate custom mod flashing. I got it to work on all 240 x RX470s for the ETH farm in just a couple of hours.

I can also use 3rd party views like RemoteAdmin etc. as plugins

Its a bit heavyweight due to the many features - if you are looking for pure viewer TV is simple and reliable.

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
Dennicex

Activity: 393
Merit: 1

Coinsbit exchange

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2019, 08:43:29 AM

for linux you can use xterm, or for windows you can use the built in RDP or a 3rd party such as my commented remote administrator;   there are countless how-to's on remote desktop protocol stuff out there....  TV is just nice because they have a 3rd party reporting/relay server.
I tried different services and applications, but most of all I personally like TeamViewer. I think this is the most successful, stable and reliable solution for organizing a remote desktop.

Coinsbit is a new trading platform that provides businesses and individual traders with Low commissions, Multi-Support, Strong Security, and Open API.
bobben2

Activity: 279
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 12:05:29 PM

I am using RDP and Reminna (Ubuntu)  on my LAN.  I have also tried MobaXterm and Visionapp, but didnt like them too much.  It is for the remote location I currently use Teamviewer, because I have not wanted to open my router at the remote location for direct connections on the port that RDP, for example, is using.   If someone could point me to a good tutorial on how to make port forwarding on routers  acceptably secure then I am all ears.

Fellow miners, get your thens and thans in order and help other forum readers understand what you are writing. Remember the grammar basics:  B larger THAN A (comparator operator). If something THEN ....
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2019, 02:23:37 PM

for linux you can use xterm, or for windows you can use the built in RDP or a 3rd party such as my commented remote administrator;   there are countless how-to's on remote desktop protocol stuff out there....  TV is just nice because they have a 3rd party reporting/relay server.
I tried different services and applications, but most of all I personally like TeamViewer. I think this is the most successful, stable and reliable solution for organizing a remote desktop.

teamviewer is paid program (and way too expensive imo)
you can cheese it, but it will notice you using it for professional purpose and kick u off eventually
what a headache
i use: https://remotedesktopmanager.com/home/download (basic RDP connection no port stuff needed)
free, easy, no license shit
people using teamviewer in 2019 :O  

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 03:49:32 PM

for linux you can use xterm, or for windows you can use the built in RDP or a 3rd party such as my commented remote administrator;   there are countless how-to's on remote desktop protocol stuff out there....  TV is just nice because they have a 3rd party reporting/relay server.

you can cheese it, but it will notice you using it for professional purpose and kick u off eventually
what a headache
i use: https://remotedesktopmanager.com/home/download (basic RDP connection no port stuff needed)

Don't have many rigs to monitor so Teamviewer still works. I did get kicked out by them after I used my TV account to help out a friend setting up his rigs... But a couple of emails to their support and all was good and the free account was re-activated.

If you do scale though, you'll certainly get done. And yeah, there would be cheaper alternatives out there.
shotgun1969

Activity: 723
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 04:44:25 PM

for linux you can use xterm, or for windows you can use the built in RDP or a 3rd party such as my commented remote administrator;   there are countless how-to's on remote desktop protocol stuff out there....  TV is just nice because they have a 3rd party reporting/relay server.

what a headache

for windows to windows i use remoteutilities you get like up to 10 connections without a licenes and for windows to linux i use tigerVNC. both programs work alright
in linux you have to do some fiddling to get it to work but  it dont take to long read the readme.
chup

Activity: 736
Merit: 262

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 01:34:48 PM

Chrome remote desktop is good enough temporary replacement when TV starts limiting usage.

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 11:10:45 PM

You can probably use teamviewer for over 100 rigs as long as your location is a local one and not remote.

Basically I've read the disclaimer saying you can't use it for business purposes and if you use it for too many (they don't state how many) different computers they will lock you out. However I never had any issues. I like the program and was basically going to pay if they ever required payment since its convenience and the cost isnt too much. However most of my rigs were local network.

I think what they are talking about is if you have rigs in multiple locations and you tried to access them from 1 location. Because they realize that if you are already physically there with your rigs, you can always just locally connect a monitor and keyboard and do your work.

If its a remote location where you would have to drive too then they limit those because they know that people would obviously pay for the program rather than have to drive back and forth whenever they want to check on their rigs.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
May 07, 2019, 12:34:43 PM

You can probably use teamviewer for over 100 rigs as long as your location is a local one and not remote.

Basically I've read the disclaimer saying you can't use it for business purposes and if you use it for too many (they don't state how many) different computers they will lock you out. However I never had any issues. I like the program and was basically going to pay if they ever required payment since its convenience and the cost isnt too much. However most of my rigs were local network.

I think what they are talking about is if you have rigs in multiple locations and you tried to access them from 1 location. Because they realize that if you are already physically there with your rigs, you can always just locally connect a monitor and keyboard and do your work.

If its a remote location where you would have to drive too then they limit those because they know that people would obviously pay for the program rather than have to drive back and forth whenever they want to check on their rigs.
It's funny how their algo works. At one point they would prevent me to access rigs from my main PC, but I could still log into them using my mobile phone.

So it was the PC I was trying to log FROM that was busted by their digital mole.

A couple of emails and this was solved, however.
molivil

Activity: 72
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 07, 2019, 03:58:19 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

Have anyone had experience trying to do international RMA with AMD Gpu brands? Because I'm looking to grab a rig or two of Vega 7, mine for 2 years, sell it for $450.

For other brands, in my experience there's no issues with EVGA and Corsair, and thermaltake doesn't allow it.

This reminded me. In USA & Canada, EVGA has recently modified their warranty terms for 2nd hand graphics cards that were purchased after May 25th 2018. Under the new terms you need a receipt as proof of purchase from an original EVGA authorized reseller. Older cards don't need a receipt, and would go off factory warranty based on the serial number, as long as all the labels were present. They will ask for a receipt, but it's not strictly required.
philipma1957 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 7851

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2019, 03:33:57 PM

Evga is harder then they were for rma's as are most card sellers/builders.

this is test info

https://www.nicehash.com/miner/1JdC6Xg3ajT3rge3FgPNSYYFpmf53Vbtje

https://www.nicehash.com/miner/146UJM5kgzLVUV23CXCf33KQKHckoX1gx3

https://www.nicehash.com/miner/16yLHLoeyuCLPMXkVpC3gyrRYvwRGwjKJr

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2019, 02:40:13 AM

Yeah, all the machines i have teamviewer on.   most of them are on the same network;  some are on nested subnets....   but generally speaking when I use TV;  I initiate a VPN to my main network, and initiate a direct-connect....     Only when I just need access to one little bit that's not sensitive, will I TV into lets say my game PC, cellular network router, or a media storage pc to do whatever task or fetch whichever file/detail.

once in a blue moon, ill connect to help a friend;  but if i do it more than once, i add their machine ID to my list;  which takes it off the radar a bit I would think.

Also it helps that my main network my VPN is attached to, is hosted from a private IP;  not a hosting company.

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
May 11, 2019, 07:31:57 AM

Its pretty crazy how bitcoin is going bonkers but the alts are either trading sideways or going down. So if you are a GPU miner, profitability hasn't really improved since the last few months.

Really would like to see ETH above $200 and maybe it might be worth powering up my rigs again. I am sure the people with the SHA256 sure are happy this month, since Bitcoin is the only coin accelerating in the last couple of weeks.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
sNaKeyz0r91

Activity: 131
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2019, 06:59:18 PM

Yea, saw that myself too.
I've powered up a 1080ti rig about a month ago, mining x16r and now mining eth on nicehash and since last month, although bitcoin is going up a lot, I get the same revenue per day.. but I will hold for the moment and focus on btc/eth.

I've mined last year a lot of BCI when it was over 1$ and now after more than 6 months of holding it is 0.09$ Smiley))
I will keep holding a lot of coins, maybe they will go up someday.. but right now I'm focusing on nicehash (btc) and eth.
What's your strategy for these days?
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
May 11, 2019, 08:56:51 PM

Its pretty crazy how bitcoin is going bonkers but the alts are either trading sideways or going down. So if you are a GPU miner, profitability hasn't really improved since the last few months.

Really would like to see ETH above $200 and maybe it might be worth powering up my rigs again. I am sure the people with the SHA256 sure are happy this month, since Bitcoin is the only coin accelerating in the last couple of weeks.

This is probably because a lot of people are selling alts to put into bitcoin as it rises.  Combine that with the massive amount of altcoins that are either complete shitcoins or really do not have much of a future.  Unfortunately the most profitable coins to mine are the ones that have the least potential. I regret not selling every single alt I had when the prices started to crash.  In the long term I don't forsee any alts that will outperform Bitcoin or Eth in terms of % gains
Mashy81

Activity: 225
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 11, 2019, 10:05:14 PM

I think we are starting to see an alt coin thining. Won't hurt there are soo many useless ones.
XMR has been looking nice also. Will BTC breach $7K....  if it does I think we are off to around $9-10K
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 »
  Print  

Jump to: