Bitcoin Forum
March 30, 2024, 05:54:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANNOUNCE] SolidCoin - new and improved block chain. Secure from pools  (Read 85445 times)
ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1343

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2011, 03:51:20 AM

I have about 10500 in holdings currently.

this is getting ridiculous...

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wolftaur

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 03:56:45 AM

Why?

And for that matter why is it when people put their money where their mouth is everyone complains, and when people don't put their money where their mouth is everyone complains?

Not trying to just bash here, mind you. It's just that I think I'm missing what it is there is to be upset about here.

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
ThomasV
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2011, 04:26:59 AM

Why?

because the same guy writes, a few posts above, that he moved all his USD and BTC into solidcoins:

I couldn't care less about "gaining money" from SolidCoins, I don't need any extra money. However I'll give them to people and businesses and do my part to support a growing economy. I'm not going to give them to BTC trolls or people that aren't supportive of SolidCoin. I get a lot more joy from helping out people that don't have much and helping them gain financial freedom.

I've moved all my BTC and USD into SolidCoins (not that much anyhow, only about $10,000) simply because I'm unsure about Bitcoin's future and don't want to be left with worthless coins in a few weeks. The sites I have generating BTC go straight into SolidCoins. If I lose it all it doesn't impact me financially as this is more like a hobby, especially given the insecurity surrounding Bitcoin and p2p currencies recently. I'm not investing any more into it besides what I generate from the sites themselves.

soo, explain me, how come that about $10,000 were turned into 10500 solidcoins Huh?
can you seriously believe that ? at the current exchange rate, he would get 10 times more.

anyway, there are so many things that are inconsistent in his story, it just smells like your usual scam.

read his quote: it begins with "I couldn't care less about gaining money" (he must be the new Mother Theresa), and in the next paragraph he explains that he moved his BTC to SC because he was unsure about Bitcoin's future value (hmm, could not care less, but still trying to preserve it).

And yet, the outcome of that wealth preservation operation is a missing zero in his wealth !!! $10000 became 10500 SC !!!
Perhaps he's going to explain that this is because he gives away so many to "people and businesses who support the economy"

Come on, these are lies, lies, and lies.

Remember that people receive bounties from him when they blog positively about solidcoin, or when they accept it on their websites...
When people get paid to advertise something, do not expect them to tell you the truth.

Chris Acheson

Activity: 266
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 04:37:08 AM

And if you got the chip off your shoulder hopefully you can also be a part of it.

I think investing in these trivially-modified clone currencies is a bad idea, and I think your promotional tactics are dishonest at best.  That means I have a chip on my shoulder?  Alright then.

By the way, you never told us where you got that "10,000 owners of solidcoins" number from.  One would think that if it were true, you'd be more than eager to provide evidence for such a claim.  Was it just a lie?
wolftaur

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 04:39:14 AM

soo, explain me, how come that about $10,000 were turned into 10500 solidcoins Huh?
can you seriously believe that ? at the current exchange rate, he would get 10 times more.

Perhaps the "10500" was his holdings in USD, and not SC. The number is bare, no unit specifier.

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
simonk83

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 04:40:58 AM

He said he couldn't care less.  I, however, could care less, so I will take some.  He said to give him a good reason.  I gave him one.   I'll at least help spread it around.  That way, he can be virtuous and keep some money, I can be virtuous and keep some money, and you get some too.  You can be 2nd on my list.

I've moved all my BTC and USD into SolidCoins (not that much anyhow, only about $10,000) simply because I'm unsure about Bitcoin's future and don't want to be left with worthless coins in a few weeks.

Yeah, good move dude.   Sorry but that's completely ridiculous.
ThomasV
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2011, 04:42:11 AM

Perhaps the "10500" was his holdings in USD, and not SC. The number is bare, no unit specifier.
no. please read his whole post. there is absolutely no ambiguity about that. he is talking about solidcoins. he is answering a question about how many SC he holds.

coblee
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1651
Merit: 1284

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 04:45:09 AM

Well, it definitely doesn't add up. Unless he paid 0.1 BTC per SC. Or he bought them at the peak gave away 2/3 of his solidcoins to people. I call bullshit. CoinHunter, you either did not invest $10k as your claimed or you have a lot more SC. Which is it?

caston

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2011, 04:52:29 AM

With volatility and the price falls at the moment its interesting to watch. I would not recommend anyone buy solidcoin not even coin hunter at this stage.

I guess a falling market is like a rising market in reverse. It's a pass the parcel game.

bitcoin BTC: 1MikVUu1DauWB33T5diyforbQjTWJ9D4RF
bitcoin cash: 1JdkCGuW4LSgqYiM6QS7zTzAttD9MNAsiK

-updated 3rd December 2017
CoinHunter (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 05:18:31 AM

Well, it definitely doesn't add up. Unless he paid 0.1 BTC per SC. Or he bought them at the peak gave away 2/3 of his solidcoins to people. I call bullshit. CoinHunter, you either did not invest $10k as your claimed or you have a lot more SC. Which is it?

Haha doesn't add up? Jeez. I bought most of my SC at a relatively high price (0.03ish) after transferring from gox, I have donated quite a lot, I have also lost some through trading. Like I said, I don't value BTC anymore and I'm pretty much doing whatever I want with them. I also didn't say how much BTC I have in the exchange either. Oooo it's such a mystery, better get your detective hats on and find out the "truth". Haha. Kids are funny.

Try SolidCoin or talk with other SolidCoin supporters here SolidCoin Forums
pantherqs

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 05:21:09 AM

First Solidcoin sale...  the only thing that seems to be a hassle is getting all of this converted into USD/CDN funds.  Ended up eating some cost from the market fluctuation, but it worked out somewhat good in the end.  Setting up another wallet was also painless, hate banks so much.

In any case, crypto currencies seem to work for us, haven't had a BTC sale yet but I'm sure those will come too.
CoinHunter (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 05:23:22 AM

First Solidcoin sale...  the only thing that seems to be a hassle is getting all of this converted into USD/CDN funds.  Ended up eating some cost from the market fluctuation, but it worked out somewhat good in the end.  Setting up another wallet was also painless, hate banks so much.

The developer tools coming out soon will make it very easy to get funds straight into USD or some other fiat currency. This is needed until SolidCoin is more accepted worldwide and to help with price fluctuations.

I'll be working closely with an exchange, it will be announced within two weeks hopefully

ThomasV
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2011, 05:30:02 AM

Haha doesn't add up? Jeez. I bought most of my SC at a relatively high price (0.03ish) after transferring from gox, I have donated quite a lot, I have also lost some through trading. Like I said, I don't value BTC anymore and I'm pretty much doing whatever I want with them. I also didn't say how much BTC I have in the exchange either. Oooo it's such a mystery, better get your detective hats on and find out the "truth". Haha. Kids are funny.

that was a funny post.

coblee
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 05:46:12 AM

Fine. I will bite.

I've moved all my BTC and USD into SolidCoins (not that much anyhow, only about $10,000) simply because I'm unsure about Bitcoin's future and don't want to be left with worthless coins in a few weeks.

Let's say your estimate of $10,000 is when BTC was worth the most in the past 2 weeks ($12). That's 833 BTC.

I didn't take my money out of Mtgox until after speaking with them (around .035 price). I have about 10500 in holdings currently.

At a price of 0.035 BTC/SC, you would have gotten 23,800 SC. It's so nice of you to give away 13,300 SC to others! And that's my most conservative estimate.

CoinHunter, the ball is in your court. Either make the claim that you have indeed given >13k SC to others, OR admit that you were not truthful about your actual SC holdings, OR admit that you exaggerated when you said you invested $10k in SolidCoins.

coblee
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 05:52:57 AM

Oh, I forgot. You also said you lost some through trading. You will only lose SC if you buy high and sell low. What? You don't believe in your own coin? When the market price drops in half, you panic and sell them just like other speculators? What a joke.

FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 05:55:02 AM

Stupid and uncalled for..

Why are you mad ?
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 06:00:54 AM

Based purely on the way coinhunter responds to postings put here on this thread is giving me doubt in his ability to not let his thoughts or feelings get in the way of producing/maintaining (over long periods of time) a reliable network from a development point of view.

Coinhunter you would gain more respect by myself and probably the community if you just address issues concerning the technical aspect of solidcoins and not your personal investment or feelings.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

pantherqs

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 06:02:47 AM

It's kinda cute how much hate's being thrown around here, so much rage.

Way I see it, is this is working.  It's working for us, and it's working for other online AND retail establishments.  I'm talking about cryptocurrencies in general.  So honestly, chill the fuck out and go outside every once in a while or something.
CoinHunter (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 06:12:11 AM

At a price of 0.035 BTC/SC, you would have gotten 23,800 SC. It's so nice of you to give away 13,300 SC to others! And that's my most conservative estimate.

CoinHunter, the ball is in your court. Either make the claim that you have indeed given >13k SC to others, OR admit that you were not truthful about your actual SC holdings, OR admit that you exaggerated when you said you invested $10k in SolidCoins.

Lol, keep going this is funny. What about the btc in the exchange? What does that add up to you think? Keep the guesses coming! Smiley

CoinHunter (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 06:18:31 AM

Based purely on the way coinhunter responds to postings put here on this thread is giving me doubt in his ability to not let his thoughts or feelings get in the way of producing/maintaining (over long periods of time) a reliable network from a development point of view.

Coinhunter you would gain more respect by myself and probably the community if you just address issues concerning the technical aspect of solidcoins and not your personal investment or feelings.

Geez we're just having a bit of fun, stop being a buzz kill. If you don't want to use SolidCoin because I have a personality then you don't have to, you're move, BAM. Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: