Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:00:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANNOUNCE] SolidCoin - new and improved block chain. Secure from pools  (Read 85445 times)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 08:53:47 AM

smoothie, you are starting to embarrass yourself.  Please just shut up before it is too late. Smiley
One more thing, Smoothie, because money means everything to you, I just like to point out that your earnings trading coin are mediocre at best. Smiley Please, keep the day job making milkshakes and pealing bananas. Only real losers brag how much money they made (and usually this gain is imaginary) 

Solidcoin dude(s), please get yourself a better spoke person and keep this delusional programmer guy away from the public. Let him program, hes is probably good at it.
If he starts telling you, he is the best in the world and starts admiring hes reflection in the monitor, let him go and find another one.
Last thing you need is shitty PR. Honestly, your product is good. Do not let it get fucked up buy your own teams bloated egos.

Less yapping, more coding (BTC team, this for you too)!  Keep up the good work!

PS! Solidcoin dude(s), if you are just a one guy with a multiple personality disorder, please get better meds and keep the good You around. Dump the rest, thy shit where they eat.

Wow I did not realize I could get FREE counseling from a retarded eskimo on this forum. LOL

Yeah I suppose making 427 BTC in 3 weeks is mediocre when cashing them out at $10 roughly that's $4270 for what 20 hours of work? LOL.

Don't quit your ice-fishing job to be a counselor, you're not very effective at it. BWAHAHAHA! lol

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 09:05:36 AM

smoothie, you are starting to embarrass yourself.  Please just shut up before it is too late. Smiley
One more thing, Smoothie, because money means everything to you, I just like to point out that your earnings trading coin are mediocre at best. Smiley Please, keep the day job making milkshakes and pealing bananas. Only real losers brag how much money they made (and usually this gain is imaginary) 

Solidcoin dude(s), please get yourself a better spoke person and keep this delusional programmer guy away from the public. Let him program, hes is probably good at it.
If he starts telling you, he is the best in the world and starts admiring hes reflection in the monitor, let him go and find another one.
Last thing you need is shitty PR. Honestly, your product is good. Do not let it get fucked up buy your own teams bloated egos.

PS! Solidcoin dude(s), if you are just a one guy with a multiple personality disorder, please get better meds and keep the good You around. Dump the rest, thy shit where they eat.

Wow I did not realize I could get FREE counseling from a retarded eskimo on this forum. LOL

Yeah I suppose making 427 BTC in 3 weeks is mediocre when cashing them out at $10 roughly that's $4270 for what 20 hours of work? LOL.

Don't quit your ice-fishing job to be a counselor, you're not very effective at it. BWAHAHAHA! lol

Dude, use a degree.

Then you can make that every 20 hours for a lifetime.

It's called being rich.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 09:09:10 AM

Dude, use a degree.

It's called being rich.

Oh thanks your the advice. What are you netting right now while living in your parents' home?

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

coblee
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1651
Merit: 1284

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 09:14:22 AM

CoinHunter/RealSolid made some changes that made the SC chain more susceptible to transaction DDOS attacks and mining cartel attacks. So I thought it was surprising that Ruxum would start trading on a currency that's not even a month old... being all untested and such. Well, guess what, they just stopped: http://help.ruxum.com/customer/portal/articles/147455-solidcoin-faq
Seems like the transaction DDOS attacks has caused them a lot of pain and they've thought twice about it. So who still thinks solidcoin is going to kill bitcoin in a matter of weeks? :p

EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 09:23:23 AM

CoinHunter/RealSolid made some changes that made the SC chain more susceptible to transaction DDOS attacks and mining cartel attacks. So I thought it was surprising that Ruxum would start trading on a currency that's not even a month old... being all untested and such. Well, guess what, they just stopped: http://help.ruxum.com/customer/portal/articles/147455-solidcoin-faq
Seems like the transaction DDOS attacks has caused them a lot of pain and they've thought twice about it. So who still thinks solidcoin is going to kill bitcoin in a matter of weeks? :p

It's fixed in new version? http://solidcointalk.org/topic/124-103-released-immediate-update-required/page__fromsearch__1

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
doublec
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 09:43:40 AM

There is a new issue that prevents the bitparking exchange from opening. The new limits stop some transfers from occurring and exchanges hit these pretty easily when withdrawals are made.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 09:45:49 AM

There is a new issue that prevents the bitparking exchange from opening. The new limits stop some transfers from occurring and exchanges hit these pretty easily when withdrawals are made.

Wow. So does that mean that the update was basically a bandaid?

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 09:54:16 AM

Dude, use a degree.

It's called being rich.

Oh thanks your the advice. What are you netting right now while living in your parents' home?

HAHAHA holy shit I had no idea you were the one on this thread I made that comment to until I came back and looked.

Dude, I work in a hospital.

Later.
sd

Activity: 730
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 09:55:25 AM

The new update was a rushed and poorly thought though change that broke just as much as it fixed.

You know the right way to fix this? Copy the transaction code from BitCoin. They got it right first time and it's been proven stable.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 09:57:03 AM

The new update was a rushed and poorly thought though change that broke just as much as it fixed.

You know the right way to fix this? Copy the transaction code from BitCoin. They got it right first time and it's been proven stable.

What will likely follow is a crash of solidcoins once again. BOOOM!

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2011, 09:58:52 AM

Looks very solid  Grin
sd

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 09:59:47 AM

Yes, that's a feature not a bug. The network was meant to be unstable hence the crazy difficulty adjustment code. It's a get rich quick scheme.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 10:02:10 AM

Yes, that's a feature not a bug. The network was meant to be unstable hence the crazy difficulty adjustment code. It's a get rich quick scheme.

LOL speculation is a byproduct not a feature. But anyway since there is some issues with the latest update and bitparking has a disable on moving solidcoins, I still say having these issues with the solidcoin network is reason enough for the market to tank.

As did i0coins, so too will solidcoins.

Get ready for the crash of solidcoins as bitcoin lives on!

lol

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

sd

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 02:15:04 PM

sd

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 05:35:44 PM

Seriously, you're getting ridiculous - there were obvious malicious attacks attempted on the network they had to be stopped (and yes it could happen to BTC as well just at a heftier cost, the attackers were willing to loose incredible value to do this they would have just lost more with BTC.  So yes it was a bandaid to essentially shut them down while the permanent solution is put in place after testing and development could be performed on it.  This is akin to a suicide bomber style attack and it could have happened on the BTC network as well if not even easier if the attacker were willing to invest more since BTC transactions are prioritized by the fee, they could essentially grind the network for legitimate transactions to a near halt, whereas with Solidcoin while this was going on I was still happily sending and receiving transactions they were just occurring slower that my normally MUCH faster rate than BTC transfers.  Why don't you go and try to get an education a little bit and understand what was going on before you open your rat trap and look like a childish fool ... for that matter are you in fact a 10 year old? 8? 12? .... certainly not over 16... are you sure you should be surfing the net without your parents permission?

The attack would be infeasible on BitCoin due to the expense involved. All it would do it bloat up the blockchain and make mining more profitable due to transaction fees.

What you call a 'obvious malicious attack' happens to all peer to peer networks and the networks are expected to handle it. I used the example of bittorrent networks before, they handle all kinds of well funded attacks and the only one that half works is tracing IPs and sending lawyer letters. Fixed transaction fees don't solve any problems but they introduce new ones. SolidCoin was broken, BitCoin less so.

It was only a matter of time until someone abused the brokenness.

sd

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 05:37:51 PM

Is solidcoin dying? I heard it got de-listed from an exchange amid numerous security issues.  I hope you guys utilize a better QA process in the future and (from what I have seen on the last couple of pages) don't engage your critics with taunts or insults.  Doing so does not reflect the kind of values of a product that I would want to invest in.

Be fair - It was delisted for usability and reliability issues. It appears to have the same security as BitCoin although the threshold for 51% attacks is far lower.

John Tobey

Activity: 481
Merit: 529

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2011, 11:26:00 PM

The attack would be infeasible on BitCoin due to the expense involved.

Whether you mean it or not you are agreeing with me here, the only limiting factor is the expense, you have to remember that these attackers paid a great deal of money in BTC to do this [...]

Can you cite a source for this assertion?  It looks to me as if the attack cost less than 1SC in transaction fees and exchange fees.  A transaction (2cd9782cc39ab8b55...) took a 50sc input and divided it into 2,000 0.01sc and one 29.99sc outputs plus a 0.01 fee.  Later, a few dozen transactions moved about 2,000 inputs to 2,000 outputs, each of 0.01sc, and a 0.01 fee per transaction.  Am I missing something?  Abe query for large transactions: http://john-edwin-tobey.org/scbig.txt

Can a change to the best-chain criteria protect against 51% to 90+% attacks without a hard fork?
coblee
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 12:33:44 AM

The attack would be infeasible on BitCoin due to the expense involved.

Whether you mean it or not you are agreeing with me here, the only limiting factor is the expense, you have to remember that these attackers paid a great deal of money in BTC to do this [...]

Can you cite a source for this assertion?  It looks to me as if the attack cost less than 1SC in transaction fees and exchange fees.  A transaction (2cd9782cc39ab8b55...) took a 50sc input and divided it into 2,000 0.01sc and one 29.99sc outputs plus a 0.01 fee.  Later, a few dozen transactions moved about 2,000 inputs to 2,000 outputs, each of 0.01sc, and a 0.01 fee per transaction.  Am I missing something?  Abe query for large transactions: http://john-edwin-tobey.org/scbig.txt

Yeah, because SC transactions are fixed at .01 SC, this attack cost about 1 SC in total fees, which is about $0.10. lol

There's a reason why Bitcoin has variable fees, which makes it expensive for DDoS attacks like these. You don't just go about changing Bitcoin without truly understanding why things are the way they are. And then CoinHunter goes ahead and criticizes the Bitcoin developers for being slow. Well with so much at stake, I'm glad the Bitcoin developers spend a lot of time testing their changes before releasing them. Look what happened when CoinHunter tried to fix this "0.1 SC fixed transaction fee" feature/bug in a hurry. He broke SC even more. Look who's laughing now.

coblee
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 01:06:34 AM

How did they acquire so many SC's?  (in response to both)  I am 99.99% sure they didn't mine them, **citation (I was actively watching Ruxum and Bitparking at the same time and near instantaneously almost all the market sell orders got swept off the market, twice actually.  So the fee may not have cost them much but buying all those SCs cost a lot of BTCs.  That was where it cost more than 1SC

It's not really costing anything because he could just sell them back for BTC after he's done. The only cost is the transaction fees that he has to pay for this attack. Of course, if SC dies due to his attack, he may be left with a bunch of worthless SC. That's probably still not a lot of money, if that's all it takes to kill SC. 2000 times 0.01 SC? That's only 20 SC (or $2). He can reuse the same coins for the next large transactions, right? Even if not, I can't imagine he needed more than $20 in SC to perform this attack.

John Tobey

Activity: 481
Merit: 529

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2011, 01:14:33 AM

He can reuse the same coins for the next large transactions, right?
Yes, the samples I looked at reused the 0.01 coins.

Can a change to the best-chain criteria protect against 51% to 90+% attacks without a hard fork?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: