Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:54:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANNOUNCE] SolidCoin - new and improved block chain. Secure from pools  (Read 85448 times)
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 08:05:45 PM

ohh I never had any doubt that there was profit in these scams for someone.

IXcoin - hit hard at 16 difficulty made 600 BTC in 7 days
I0coin - Not as good 200 BTC

SC - missed it all together  Angry

We are getting way off topic here but I hope you sold your BTC too,  because it keeps melting to a puddle of dog piss... like a yellow snow.
So, can we say that all the *coins are actually a big joke on all of us? Lets hope not!
But one thing is for sure. Faster we mine the BTC, faster it will lose it's value - supply just exceeds the demand and I guess <8 USD a pop speaks in volumes.
Please,  do not tell me how it used to cost a 0.0whatever. I do not care! Important is, how it will be priced in the near future.
I know, Mr Greed will not let you do that but for the BTC sake, stop mining and flooding the market! (or find a way how a real world business can and WANTS to actually use it)
What about solidcoin? It needs a new team and only then it has a future.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sharky112065

Activity: 383
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 08:55:33 PM

IXcoin - hit hard at 16 difficulty made 600 BTC in 7 days
I0coin - Not as good 200 BTC

I am sure these profits contributed to the recent consistent losses in BTC value. The more scams and unfair profits people make and they sell off their BTC profits, this brings the BTC value down. I guess we all knew that things like this would happen when we got into it...  Undecided

I would love to see the mathematical equation on exactly how buying IXC or anything else for that matter with BTC devalues BTC?

Most people buying these fork chain coins are those that already have BTC's and are getting in some in case one of them sticks.

I have no reason to believe people are buying BTC's to purchase Fork coins.

Now. I do believe in one thing that may be effecting the price. All this crap and soap opera BS going on in the forums.

Donations welcome: 12KaKtrK52iQjPdtsJq7fJ7smC32tXWbWr
wolftaur

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 09:08:02 PM

Most people buying these fork chain coins are those that already have BTC's and are getting in some in case one of them sticks.

I mined some i0coins when they came out. Same with SolidCoins. Didn't go all in on either chain, but figured, you know, if they end up worth something later, grabbing some while the grabbing is easy isn't a bad idea. The power I threw into each one would have gotten me, like, $10 worth of Bitcoins so it's not as if I have some big loss if that never happens.

I have no reason to believe people are buying BTC's to purchase Fork coins.

Now. I do believe in one thing that may be effecting the price. All this crap and soap opera BS going on in the forums.

There's been no shortage of it, and it's not just the forks. The revelations about Bruce Wagner were a big start. The ridiculous trolling some of that turned into ain't helping. It went so far as a user being thrown off the forum for threatening others, after all, and even -that- got a couple threads of its own and has been dragging on for days.

Some of this stuff I'm perfectly willing to go voice my opinion on -- and then there's been plenty of it I don't wanna touch with a 10-hop pole. :/

I'm pretty confident that Bitcoin's fundamentals will survive this, though. And future forks still have a shot if they're done right. I do think that most outside people are at least smart enough to take some of the animosity between chains for what it is: competition. Same as how, say, IBM and HP will bash each other when they get the chance. Work at a place with both Sun and HP giant rack servers and get an IBM field tech on the premises and walk him by the not-IBM hardware, and watch the fun, -ESPECIALLY- if the problem involves, say, the HP and IBM machines not seeing each other on the network and a switch from Cisco. Smiley

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
cengique

Activity: 64

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 09:42:49 PM

It doesn't. Selling BTC for fiat is the only way BTC goes down in value.
Well, I assumed they were selling the BTC for fiat after they're done with profiting from the *coins. After all, prospects of BTC doesn't look very good ATM.
wallet.dat

Activity: 253

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 10:30:49 PM

Anybody else stuck on block 28364?  I've wiped my entire SolidCoin directory, including the AppData (saved my .conf and wallet.dat though) and started from scratch with 1.04 and it still gets stuck on that block.

"MOOOOOOOM! THE MEATLOAF!!! F**K!"
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 10:33:11 PM

Anyone notice that the solidcoin blockchain appears to be growing by about 1 MB every few hours.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

wallet.dat

Activity: 253

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 10:58:05 PM

It's growing by about 9MB every 3 or 4 seconds for me.

Edit: Oh wait, I'm referring to the logs. 

"MOOOOOOOM! THE MEATLOAF!!! F**K!"
CoinHunter (OP)

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 11:24:47 PM

Anybody else stuck on block 28364?  I've wiped my entire SolidCoin directory, including the AppData (saved my .conf and wallet.dat though) and started from scratch with 1.04 and it still gets stuck on that block.

That's when the hacker artforz began attacking the network, it will take a little time to get over his "spam" blocks.

Try SolidCoin or talk with other SolidCoin supporters here SolidCoin Forums
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 12:07:07 AM

Anybody else stuck on block 28364?  I've wiped my entire SolidCoin directory, including the AppData (saved my .conf and wallet.dat though) and started from scratch with 1.04 and it still gets stuck on that block.

That's when the hacker artforz began attacking the network, it will take a little time to get over his "spam" blocks.

I have  a feeling that 1.05 MANDATORY update will be coming in the next few days. Another major exploit has been found and is currently being executed.

What exploit is that?

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 12:11:48 AM

Anybody else stuck on block 28364?  I've wiped my entire SolidCoin directory, including the AppData (saved my .conf and wallet.dat though) and started from scratch with 1.04 and it still gets stuck on that block.

I have  a feeling that 1.05 MANDATORY update will be coming in the next few days. Another major exploit has been found and is currently being executed.

What exploit is that?

I picked up on it in IRC, it's another block chain inflation that exploits a feature in 1.04. If you will notice the block chain is increasing size a lot faster than normal.

I guess then coinhunter/realsolid just put another bandaid on the problem and someone found a way to get around it huh. Interesting.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

wolftaur

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 12:13:46 AM

I picked up on it in IRC, it's another block chain inflation that exploits a feature in 1.04. If you will notice the block chain is increasing size a lot faster than normal.

I guess then coinhunter/realsolid just put another bandaid on the problem and someone found a way to get around it huh. Interesting.

Please don't tell me you're actually surprised. Smiley

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 12:15:58 AM

Please don't tell me you're actually surprised. Smiley

I'm not. lol

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

wolftaur

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 12:18:52 AM

I'm not. lol

Hopefully 1.05 will be useful for at least a few days. Some people are making good money (as in, bitcoins) by mining SC, and selling them to the morons who think a currency will rise when all anyone wants to do is sell it for bitcoins. SolidCoin: Solid Profit for Bitcoin Miners.

sharky112065

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 01:39:11 AM

What exploit is that?

Hmm.. mine has not been. I have his 1.04 version running and it is not been increasing in size faster than normal.

wolftaur

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 01:44:39 AM

Hmm.. mine has not been. I have his 1.04 version running and it is not been increasing in size faster than normal.

What do you consider a normal rate of increase, then?

sharky112065

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 02:06:16 AM

Well for the last half hour it has stayed at 119 MB. appdata/roaming/solidcoin. I will check it again in an hour.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 02:22:34 AM

Well for the last half hour it has stayed at 119 MB. appdata/roaming/solidcoin. I will check it again in an hour.

Two hours ago it was 53MB

What is it now for you?

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

CoinHunter (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 02:24:21 AM

It still is, not sure where people are getting this idea the blockchain is blowing out....

There is a database issue that has to be fixed as it's creating excessively large log files in some instances thanks to artforz attack.

sharky112065

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 02:26:00 AM

What is it now for you?

Pretty sure I was around 90 MB yesterday (24 hrs ago). now 119 MB.

CoinHunter (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 02:28:25 AM

Pretty sure I was around 90 MB yesterday (24 hrs ago). now 119 MB.

Some people are seeing that folder consume a few gigabytes. However the actual "blocks" which are stored in blk0001.dat give you the size of the chain at the moment. You can clear the "database" directory and __db files after shutting down the client if it hasn't done so for you already and it will free up the space.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: