Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:11:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I never sold my First bitcoin. Are you also emotionally bound to bitcoin?  (Read 1876 times)
Kertmu

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2018, 04:57:37 PM

It has been 2 years that I bought my First bitcoin. I have never been able to sell or trade it. Is it only me who is emotionally binded or does this happened with anyone else?

Also, is it a good thing to be emotionally attached so much to Bitcoins?

I think it's like the first coin from Scrooge McDuck, the collection will be.
But it's better not to get attached to money, or it may be greed to come.

When the time comes, you will sell this BTC course.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
billionaireSHS

Activity: 269
Merit: 10

Decentralized Transportation Solution

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 12:33:36 PM

I know that feeling, it is okay because it's your first bitcoin but I know someday you can trade it or sell it, either of the two. For me, I sold my first bitcoin because I need money to help my mother and also my financial in my studies that's why I have no choice but to sell it. Sad

bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 12:44:02 PM

I know that feeling, it is okay because it's your first bitcoin but I know someday you can trade it or sell it, either of the two. For me, I sold my first bitcoin because I need money to help my mother and also my financial in my studies that's why I have no choice but to sell it. Sad

Generally the feeling is not that much as it is virtual . But say if it was a physical form like you have a car, bike which is owned by you for the first time the feeling is very emotional and you never want to sell it off. So in this virtual world the attachment may not be the that real.
nesty

Activity: 518
Merit: 184

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 12:44:32 PM

It has been 2 years that I bought my First bitcoin. I have never been able to sell or trade it. Is it only me who is emotionally binded or does this happened with anyone else?

It is normal to be emotionally binded because the money you used in investing is your hard earned money that is a natural feelings of a regular investor.

Vafandu

Activity: 13

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 12:50:04 PM

It's normal to feel some sort of attachment to your investments. Its yours, so what you do with it is up to you.
Yes, but maybe he need learn more to do his first investment
Jonsnowstark

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 12:50:40 PM

I know that feeling when you don't want to sell your bitcoins. Before i was so afraid to sell my bitcoins but circumstances comes in life and i needed to exchange my bitcoins. But now, i am earning bitcoins and i am not afraid anymore to sell it or not. The cryptocurrency market is slowly falling down but i believe that bitcoin will rise again.

jeffer8035

Activity: 251

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 01:04:49 PM

if it is good but I would have sold it in 20,000 if one feels really linked to bitcoin once you enter this world of cryptocurrencies you do not want to leave because you see the advantages of business investments that move in bitcoin and everything that agglomerate that thousands of coins are many exchange houses many technologies that come out new every day is an impregnable field of work where there is a community in constant growth worldwide working all day without rest 365 days a year is impressive

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 01:10:54 PM

It is normal to be emotionally binded because the money you used in investing is your hard earned money that is a natural feelings of a regular investor.
Yeah, this happen to me during my first months but when I see the peak last year, I let go my emotion and have some profit. Sometimes you need to know the market situation, holding is ok but always look for the opportunity of a dump market and sold if its pumping.
darkangelosme

Activity: 680
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 01:17:34 PM

I think it is normal to get emotionally attached by bitcointalk or something else, example if you have 10 btc then you save the 1 btc for remembrance well that's okay  Grin, but if you only have one think twice it may get worth less someday, it much bbetter for you to roll it to become bigger.
Wickedwitch28

Activity: 180

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 01:24:31 PM

It is hard for me to sell my bitcoins because i work hard just to earn it. Maybe it is normally emotionally binded because you work hard for it just like regular investors on how they invest in bitcoin. But i sold my bitcoin because i needed money for my daugther's needs. It is worth the wait to sell your bitcoins with a purpose rather than selling it without any reason.

KitToken.net                     
     ▔  Utility * Organic Growth * Sharing  ▔     
Bellator

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 01:26:40 PM

Thats true we are emotionally attached from our bitcoins,because we already know that it has great potential that it will grow more in the right time.As times passess by and adoption will increas possibilities would be demand will grow more as well as the price,and i see that its worth the wait.

Ctn

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 01:57:58 PM

No not really bound. I mean I have sold many times in terms of satoshi's whenever I needed to do so. If there is need of money or if there good high point where selling becomes more important than holding then yes I have sold them immediately. But I always refill my quota afterwards whenever the prices dump to their bottom for that specific period and thus keep the liquidity of my bitcoin. I am really not emotionally bound to the bitcoin and if I would have been there might have been many more bitcoins seating in my wallet right now.  Tongue
etron

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 02:06:34 PM

such occurrences are just a few people who experience, most likely you are wrong in determining the target market, I myself have used some of the bitcoin for use in everyday life.
Virtual miner

Activity: 728
Merit: 275

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 02:15:19 PM

Anyhow it is quite normal to have an emotional attachment with your investment. And of course Bitcoin is no exception. But getting too much attached to a thing, it creates too much troubles at times. So it is advisable to learn the art of controlling your emotions especially when in the Cryptomania. It can sometimes work in an opposite direction and you may get too much hurt then!

Working smartly in the market is always preferable than being an emotional fool in this market. I hope it helps!!
Zin-Zang

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

Killing Lightning Network with a 51% Ignore attack

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 02:23:00 PM

It does not matter as long as you don't care about making a profit.

But if profit is a motive, then being emotionally attached is the worse thing you can do.  Smiley

I was Red Tagged because Lauda Blows Theymos to get back on DT
The rest are just lauda's personal butt monkeys=> Hhampuz , Vod, TMAN , achow101
jcmansah7

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 02:23:50 PM

That emotional affection is very common especially when the coin is very valuable and in this case it is the mother of all cryptocurrencies bitcoin. Nevertheless i think you can sell some portion of it when the price goes up once again but not this time because the price is very down off late.

leonair

Activity: 1232
Merit: 390

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 02:26:07 PM

Good for you then because it has an continuous increasing in value over time so you have a wonderful investment as of now but if you are too emotional attached to it then that's a bad thing because after all Bitcoin is still money and it's the root of all evil so getting attached to money has never been good.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
CryptoLucy

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 02:26:20 PM

i have greater attachment to altcoin, than btc, even though I bought btc for less 500$. I sell Bitcoin next pump
jennyhoang293

Activity: 79

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 02:29:49 PM

I bought btc at $ 9000 and was waiting for it to come back but not selling. Btc has a lot of my emotions. emotional loss of money, very uncomfortable.
allycn

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 02:37:49 PM

I still have less than a year in the crypto world and I have set up dates of my hodling time for each coin in my portfolio (subject to change if the coins go below investment price as I would not be willing to sell at a loss). But I do have a feeling it will be hard to sell my first Litecoin as it was the first crypto currency I ever invested in.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: