Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:05:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 244 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PRT] Particle | CPU/GPU, Fast, Easy Mine, * NO PREMINE * | Official Thread  (Read 354196 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
lemfuture

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 02:53:08 PM

sell 74k

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
buzhiwuz

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:00:40 PM

We have some good discussion going, this is good!

From my perspective, changing the max # of coins is the variable that would really have a negative impact.  However, keep in mind as we've seen with a lot of other coins, Doge in particular, that fundamentals don't necessarily always equate.  Doge for instance has a massive coin supply and yet continues to see huge volume and nice prices.  Just something to keep in mind.

I understand the point of view of Jean Bax, but we need to consider the cost-benefit and impact of doing nothing.  But I get that a hardfork and change to the coin parameters is not a minor change and can be unsettling.

Now, on the other hand, what really will support the price and drive interest and attract more miners is publicity and social media marketing.  This effort will really kick in once the new wallet is out and the platform comes up behind it.

The problem is I only have so much bandwidth.  My suggestion is if we are going to make a change to the block reward, we do it now BEFORE the interest really picks up again, and make sure we get it right so we don't have to worry about another hardfork down the road when the impact would be worse.

I know everyone is pushing to have the next gen wallet _now_ Cheesy  I am working as fast as I can behind the scenes.  I am making good progress, but we need to decide what to do about the core Qt wallet and daemon before putting out the next gen wallet.

The alternative is we don't change it for now, focus on putting the next gen wallet out and marketing, and see how the market reacts.    But we would need to do as previously suggested and get people organized into mining for the sake of keeping the network hash rate at a reasonable level.

I am open to either option, and trying to be responsive to what the community wants.  So, for now, I propose that I spend the next week focusing on the next gen wallet and getting updated screenies in the hands of the graphic designers, in the meantime the communty can continue the discussion, and then we can take a decision.

Also, to answer another question from a few pages back - the next release of the next gen wallet will be a real Beta as opposed to an alpha drop - this is my goal, but requires more effort to polish before I push it out.  Need UI QA, etc. and some real release packaging.

I am very committed to seeing Particle succeed and become an established platform.  This is my real interest in Particle is longer term being able to build some entrepreneurial things around it on top of the platform.  Since this type of platform didn't exist before, I decided to build it. ;-)  If this were a client project, it's the kind of thing I'd put 5 guys on.  It is me doing the work of an entire team Cheesy  It also means I have to space things out and pace myself on purpose to avoid burnout.

I have been approached by a lot of people hitting me up to do coins and various development for them.  I have turned them all down to keep focused on Particle.

The past few weeks have been a little hectic - we've had crazy weather, the flu, etc. slowing things down a bit.  But now we're heading towards spring and things are back at full steam.  I don't know if anyone's seen some of my other posts on here but here is another piece of news:  one of the things I've been looking at over the past few weeks is Open Transactions.  I think this will be the next major activity after the Beta 1 release of the next gen wallet, to integrate and use the OT platform as the solution to a number of features we want to bring into the wallet.  This is part of the reason I was a little quiet for awhile, as I was looking into how much of this I could pull off now vs later.  As I look at the development schedule shaping up, I think this will fall in after Beta 2 time frame.  I'll get a post up on the blog today with a better breakdown of the current schedule.
You repeated deception. Chinese players have abandoned the particle number of coins. Once we let the particles currency value in a day increased 10-fold. Our efforts. And How about you. . Each said launch soon as possible as quickly as possible. Etc. is endless deception. Each will have a majority of players waiting to exit the particle currency. This is what you want to see it? Now a day's worth of particles coins are shrinking. Every day people quit particles currency. You are a full of cheaters
coinlover57

Activity: 40

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:05:43 PM

Where can we see the total hashrate of the network? I can see the hashrate of my pool but I have no idea about the network hashrate...

If the hashrate is correct, maybe we can just extend the 90 coins block reward for longer (6 months or so) instead of increasing the block reward... Because if my calculation is correct, block reward will halve again in 13 days or so. If the new wallet is not out by then and the price stays the same, more miners will leave and the network might be in troubles...
alxcoiner

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:25:35 PM

maybe we can just extend the 90 coins block reward for longer (6 months or so) instead of increasing the block reward... Because if my calculation is correct, block reward will halve again in 13 days or so. If the new wallet is not out by then and the price stays the same, more miners will leave and the network might be in troubles...

Good idea! It can please everyone - investors and miners. What you people think about prolongation instead ++award ??
gadado

Activity: 965
Merit: 515

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:07:34 PM

PPl forget a bit, or the new ones don't know it, that the Block Rewards was already adapted once. It was no drama.
If it hadn't been done the coin had been finished mining.

If the wallet alone generates enough attraction that investors buy the coin and drive the price enough hight that mineing the coin becomes attactive enough that Mineres also join...  Then yes ..doing nothing..is the ultimate solution and max profit/value generation for anyone that holds those coins right now.

However if the wallet alone isn't enough to drive the price then miners will not jump in and it will not start to generate live and value.

Adjusting the rewards might help to safer get over that hurdle. As long as the total coin stays the same it doesn't really matters.
Rising the MaxCoin is a lot more troubleing thing. I personel doesnt have such a problem with that as long as the increase is a small or moderate one.
But I know that Inverstors would never accept it nor understand why it might help to increase their profit or more exactly make their profit possible at all.

There are also other means.  As long as the trading activity is low the price can be carefully artificial driven to a bit better level where the self attraction kicks in.

I don't know what's best. It's hard to for see how the things will play out. I am confortable with anything we do or not do now.

If we need mining power for surviving a longer mining low periode I readly can set up one of my PC to do just that.
As long as the outlook is that the coin will gain attraction and value in the future this can even still payout more than expected at the end.

matauc12

Activity: 658

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:16:11 PM

We have some good discussion going, this is good!

From my perspective, changing the max # of coins is the variable that would really have a negative impact.  However, keep in mind as we've seen with a lot of other coins, Doge in particular, that fundamentals don't necessarily always equate.  Doge for instance has a massive coin supply and yet continues to see huge volume and nice prices.  Just something to keep in mind.

I understand the point of view of Jean Bax, but we need to consider the cost-benefit and impact of doing nothing.  But I get that a hardfork and change to the coin parameters is not a minor change and can be unsettling.

Now, on the other hand, what really will support the price and drive interest and attract more miners is publicity and social media marketing.  This effort will really kick in once the new wallet is out and the platform comes up behind it.

The problem is I only have so much bandwidth.  My suggestion is if we are going to make a change to the block reward, we do it now BEFORE the interest really picks up again, and make sure we get it right so we don't have to worry about another hardfork down the road when the impact would be worse.

I know everyone is pushing to have the next gen wallet _now_ Cheesy  I am working as fast as I can behind the scenes.  I am making good progress, but we need to decide what to do about the core Qt wallet and daemon before putting out the next gen wallet.

The alternative is we don't change it for now, focus on putting the next gen wallet out and marketing, and see how the market reacts.    But we would need to do as previously suggested and get people organized into mining for the sake of keeping the network hash rate at a reasonable level.

I am open to either option, and trying to be responsive to what the community wants.  So, for now, I propose that I spend the next week focusing on the next gen wallet and getting updated screenies in the hands of the graphic designers, in the meantime the communty can continue the discussion, and then we can take a decision.

Also, to answer another question from a few pages back - the next release of the next gen wallet will be a real Beta as opposed to an alpha drop - this is my goal, but requires more effort to polish before I push it out.  Need UI QA, etc. and some real release packaging.

I am very committed to seeing Particle succeed and become an established platform.  This is my real interest in Particle is longer term being able to build some entrepreneurial things around it on top of the platform.  Since this type of platform didn't exist before, I decided to build it. ;-)  If this were a client project, it's the kind of thing I'd put 5 guys on.  It is me doing the work of an entire team Cheesy  It also means I have to space things out and pace myself on purpose to avoid burnout.

I have been approached by a lot of people hitting me up to do coins and various development for them.  I have turned them all down to keep focused on Particle.

The past few weeks have been a little hectic - we've had crazy weather, the flu, etc. slowing things down a bit.  But now we're heading towards spring and things are back at full steam.  I don't know if anyone's seen some of my other posts on here but here is another piece of news:  one of the things I've been looking at over the past few weeks is Open Transactions.  I think this will be the next major activity after the Beta 1 release of the next gen wallet, to integrate and use the OT platform as the solution to a number of features we want to bring into the wallet.  This is part of the reason I was a little quiet for awhile, as I was looking into how much of this I could pull off now vs later.  As I look at the development schedule shaping up, I think this will fall in after Beta 2 time frame.  I'll get a post up on the blog today with a better breakdown of the current schedule.
You repeated deception. Chinese players have abandoned the particle number of coins. Once we let the particles currency value in a day increased 10-fold. Our efforts. And How about you. . Each said launch soon as possible as quickly as possible. Etc. is endless deception. Each will have a majority of players waiting to exit the particle currency. This is what you want to see it? Now a day's worth of particles coins are shrinking. Every day people quit particles currency. You are a full of cheaters
There has been no price increase due to Chinese exchange. Guogao has a lot of volume but always playing in the same range. I know why and when the price increased, and it wasn't from Chinese movement.

I don't know what you are complaining about, things not going fast enough? Damn boy, If a couple months is long for an investment to mature, please don't ever buy real estate or stocks.

So you feel cheated because things didn't happen in a week? And you say you had faith in the coin? What kind of faith? You mean the kind that just instantly quadruples your money? Sorry, but there is good things coming, put your faith where your mouth is and be patient.

And how about him? He's the one behind the scenes that has been doing all the work for your investment to increase 10-fold.  Pity you to dismiss that so easily.
ssshhh

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:18:51 PM

Where can we see the total hashrate of the network? I can see the hashrate of my pool but I have no idea about the network hashrate...

If the hashrate is correct, maybe we can just extend the 90 coins block reward for longer (6 months or so) instead of increasing the block reward... Because if my calculation is correct, block reward will halve again in 13 days or so. If the new wallet is not out by then and the price stays the same, more miners will leave and the network might be in troubles...

network hashrate == difficulty * 2^32 / 15       ## ( 2^32 is the max hash value the miner is looking for in 8secs ) (15sec blocks )

so at the current difficulty 720.5789057 * 65535 / 15 = 3148209.2390033 = 3.14 GH/s

needmoreprofit

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:31:29 PM

The alternative is we don't change it for now, focus on putting the next gen wallet out and marketing, and see how the market reacts.    But we would need to do as previously suggested and get people organized into mining for the sake of keeping the network hash rate at a reasonable level.

I think this is  better way.

I know everyone is pushing to have the next gen wallet _now_ Cheesy  I am working as fast as I can behind the scenes.  I am making good progress, but we need to decide what to do about the core Qt wallet and daemon before putting out the next gen wallet.
Doesn't listen everyone , we all like a little boy that want Christmas gift here and now ,and does't want to wait until Christmas morning. True fan of PRT only want to know WHEN you will realise new gen wallet Cool
I don't know if anyone's seen some of my other posts on here but here is another piece of news:  one of the things I've been looking at over the past few weeks is Open Transactions.  I think this will be the next major activity after the Beta 1 release of the next gen wallet, to integrate and use the OT platform as the solution to a number of features we want to bring into the wallet.  This is part of the reason I was a little quiet for awhile, as I was looking into how much of this I could pull off now vs later.  As I look at the development schedule shaping up, I think this will fall in after Beta 2 time frame.  I'll get a post up on the blog today with a better breakdown of the current schedule.
This is really good news . As i know no one coin use OT. OT can help PRT to be more unique , maybe much more then new-gen wallet in long run Smiley

PRT - PbmHw7wksumZhvf5EwznD26VedTQ3agEvU
coinrudar

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:08:18 PM

...It is me doing the work of an entire team Cheesy  It also means I have to space things out and pace myself on purpose to avoid burnout...

I wish I could help, but unfortunately my coding skills are at a quite basic level (comparing to yours at least  Wink ).

Call me a fool, but I'm dropping everything else and putting it all on PRT. Just don't tell my wife, she will kill me Smiley Little more investment from my side.

Trying to be of use, instead of just waiting for things to happen. I know wallet is coming, not going to ask about it anymore (but can't wait to see the development schedule). Whatever you do to the reward system is OK from my side. But while waiting, why not be an active member of community? I do what I can. Some of you remember, I've already created some splashscreen animations (you've seen those), and will try to make some more artwork that can be used for promotion. Donations are welcome (especially now when all I have is only PRT): PaXJ74wUwieuRqfQi2yR1Ue5fdqejkcx7N

Thank you!
dyask

Activity: 854
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:11:46 PM

From my perspective, changing the max # of coins is the variable that would really have a negative impact.  However, keep in mind as we've seen with a lot of other coins, Doge in particular, that fundamentals don't necessarily always equate.  Doge for instance has a massive coin supply and yet continues to see huge volume and nice prices.  Just something to keep in mind.

Change the max # of coins isn't part of the discussion.   It is just changing the block awards.   Total number of coins stays the same.
matauc12

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 07:25:46 PM

Change the max # of coins isn't part of the discussion.   It is just changing the block awards.   Total number of coins stays the same.
That's what he implied :p
moonmoon (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 08:03:16 PM

With all due respect, I have written over 10,000 lines of code in just a few weeks.  I am trying to make sure we have a stable platform and we put lipstick on a race horse and not a pig.  It is hard to change API's etc. once published, so the goal is to do the hard work up front and then let the user generated content flourish and go into maintenance mode on the platform and focus on the ecosystem and marketing.  I can do more rapid releases but then you have everybody complaining about every little thing ;-)  The graphics stuff is relatively easy, its all the under the hood stuff that takes a lot of attention and time to get right.

The point is to build something with long term value, not just a series of empty "touts" like some kind of penny stock, just to pump up the price.  Because then it won't last.

If the "Chinese players" are going to abandon a coin after just a few weeks, I don't know what to say.  In a few months when this thing is huge, they will be standing around saying "how'd that happen".  I'll tell you how it happens - from a ton of hard work.

In any event, my vision and aspiration is for Particle to be up there with the top coins like peercoin etc.  If you look at the history of those coins, it took about 6-9 months for them to really get established and then flourish.

I will do a small point release of the QT wallet with the logo update today, but for now I'll hold off on any core changes for another week or so.

On the next gen wallet front, my focus has been on completing the full encapsulation of the daemon so it is transparent to the user, auto-generating rpc user/password etc. and making it seamless, locking down and cleaning up class visibility for internal core objects (e.g. internal vs public vs protected etc.), plug-in lifecycle, handling different scenarios from the qt wallet like sending coins from encrypted wallet so prompt the user to unlock first and little things like that, detecting the first run of the wallet and showing the user the getting started page, etc. and then applying the new logo and mockup styles as best I can.  All the little things that can confuse new users, and then major core API finalization for plugin developers.  Can't publish an API, have people build apps, and then break it because then you alienate devs.

A lot of this stuff, once it is done it is done, it is the up front hurdles you have to get over and then everything gets a lot easier.

particle://prt/send/Pjh1SXpcgaQ7bbbweXU1ioQUWcNtW4yZZx
Vellu

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:05:25 PM

Come on people, show some faith and support. Moonmoon suggested this with best intentions. And again - suggested only! He asked for an opinion from a community. You didn't even wait for his response, but started to pull out and spread the bad word. Why? Use the same energy to promote PRT and raise it's value.

I am a miner and also I invested my money, energy and time in PRT. I still believe in it. Not quitting Smiley

+
d3struct

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:40:36 PM

I will do a small point release of the QT wallet with the logo update today

Awesome, cant wait to have a wallet that will fit on my screen.  Grin
Snotty

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:51:17 PM

<..>
I will do a small point release of the QT wallet with the logo update today, but for now I'll hold off on any core changes for another week or so.

On the next gen wallet front, my focus has been on completing the full encapsulation of the daemon so it is transparent to the user, auto-generating rpc user/password etc. and making it seamless, locking down and cleaning up class visibility for internal core objects (e.g. internal vs public vs protected etc.), plug-in lifecycle, handling different scenarios from the qt wallet like sending coins from encrypted wallet so prompt the user to unlock first and little things like that, detecting the first run of the wallet and showing the user the getting started page, etc. and then applying the new logo and mockup styles as best I can.  All the little things that can confuse new users, and then major core API finalization for plugin developers.  Can't publish an API, have people build apps, and then break it because then you alienate devs.

A lot of this stuff, once it is done it is done, it is the up front hurdles you have to get over and then everything gets a lot easier.

This is exciting! I really like it when moonmoon replies to this thread more often. It kind of sets everything in the right places and calms the mood down.

BTW, I'm going for a weekend vacation, so if you need icons or anything urgent from the mockup - thursday is the best time to ask.

Also, I'm going to be very picky and pushy about the GUI of the wallet. Misalignments of elements, missing paddings and blurry icons shall not pass!
moonmoon (OP)

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 09:35:07 PM

<..>

This is exciting! I really like it when moonmoon replies to this thread more often. It kind of sets everything in the right places and calms the mood down.

BTW, I'm going for a weekend vacation, so if you need icons or anything urgent from the mockup - thursday is the best time to ask.

Also, I'm going to be very picky and pushy about the GUI of the wallet. Misalignments of elements, missing paddings and blurry icons shall not pass!
Picky is fine just remember the crazy Windows 8 DPI scaling thing.  If you can send me the icons from the mockup I can include them in the wallet.  Larger icons are better so this way .NET/Windows can scale the objects up and the icons won't get blurry.  I was just trying to figure out if there was a way to extract them off of your site ;-)  I sent you a small donation too.

I've also updated the logo across the sites, I think I got all of them.

The new logo looks really nice in the wallet by the way Cheesy

I also sent a request to MintPal to have them add Particle for voting or perhaps if we're lucky they'll bypass that and add us directly.  Based on what's going on with Panda and Unobtanium I get the impression they may be getting a lot of volume/users Wink

I added a link to SwissCEX on the website as well.

particle://prt/send/Pjh1SXpcgaQ7bbbweXU1ioQUWcNtW4yZZx
jereminer

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:38:36 PM

WTS 6K PRT
matauc12

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 10:27:36 PM

WTS 6K PRT
coinedup.com
ssshhh

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 10:45:07 PM

https://www.swisscex.com/market/PRT_BTC
coinrudar

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 10:56:35 PM

I've also updated the logo across the sites, I think I got all of them.
well... you didn't update this thread Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 244 »
  Print  

Jump to: