Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:27:42 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 »
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin-trader.biz  (Read 203880 times)
bluecityste

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 03:09:11 PM

So frustrating ......luckily I only had about 1 Btc left on the site, but this was due to finish on Saturday!
I withdrew $118 dollars in September, so only about a $300 loss but still a bit of a kick to the teeth.

To be honest I probably would have reinvested, but very frustrating as I was so close to a possible withdraw.

Feel very sorry for all of you guys who stand to lose a lot more than me....one of my clients at work (who recommended the site!) had £20,000 invested so i'm hoping that he managed to diversify or withdraw!!

I'm feeling slightly less bitter as I have been lucky with my multi-arbitrage account (up 0.5Btc) so overall I am probably only slightly down in fiat terms.

Any one have any recommendations for an alternative site that offers a similar service but without the risk of a scam?!?!
fingertoe11

Activity: 57

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 03:10:55 PM

just received:

Dear Clients

Regrettably I have to announce the failure and closure of Bitcoin Trader.

While preparing for the final audit results, a task we were working on for weeks now, our bitcoin wallet has been hacked and emptied, just after exchanging our fiat holdings within the exchanges to bitcoin and transferring our entire holdings to our wallet, in order to proof our solvency.

It is a known fact that I personally opposed any proof of solvency, but agreed to conduct it for the sake of a few dozen small and medium investors.

The hacker contacted me shortly after he took advantage of our holdings and demanded a ransom in order to transfer the coins back. I have agreed to a 25% ransom of the entire sum, but haven’t heard back from him for several days now.

My aim was to create something based on trust, just as bitcoin itself is based on distributed trust. Unfortunately I must admit today, I have failed. All left to do now is to declare bankruptcy with the Panamanian authorities and to hand over all relevant files and information for further investigation.

Sincerely,
John Carley

Roll Eyes

Well that was anticlimactic, lol.

Dear Mr Carley..

That is a very sad story.   Some would find it unbelievable, but luck for you, the Blockchain never lies.   Can you please provide us the transaction ID's in which the theft took place?  Also can you provide the digital signature signed by the wallets from which the funds where taken?  You should be familiar with the process from your proof of solvency.

If you provide us with that, we do understand that sometimes shit happens.   There ought to be no reason for you to refuse this request if the story is legit..

Thanks,

Your favorite customer.
eneloop
Legendary

Activity: 1513
Merit: 1040

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 03:21:57 PM

just received:

Dear Clients

While preparing for the final audit results, a task we were working on for weeks now, our bitcoin wallet has been hacked and emptied, just after exchanging our fiat holdings within the exchanges to bitcoin and transferring our entire holdings to our wallet, in order to proof our solvency.

It is a known fact that I personally opposed any proof of solvency, but agreed to conduct it for the sake of a few dozen small and medium investors.

The hacker contacted me shortly after he took advantage of our holdings and demanded a ransom in order to transfer the coins back. I have agreed to a 25% ransom of the entire sum, but haven’t heard back from him for several days now.

My aim was to create something based on trust, just as bitcoin itself is based on distributed trust. Unfortunately I must admit today, I have failed. All left to do now is to declare bankruptcy with the Panamanian authorities and to hand over all relevant files and information for further investigation.

Sincerely,
John Carley

Roll Eyes

Dear Mr Carley..

That is a very sad story.   Some would find it unbelievable, but luck for you, the Blockchain never lies.   Can you please provide us the transaction ID's in which the theft took place?  Also can you provide the digital signature signed by the wallets from which the funds where taken?  You should be familiar with the process from your proof of solvency.

If you provide us with that, we do understand that sometimes shit happens.   There ought to be no reason for you to refuse this request if the story is legit..

Thanks,

Your favorite customer.
And if that hack happend for real then this was a planned inside job from Mr. Carley.
As already told, there is no reason to store all the money in a wallet for auditing.

The whole story is just bullshit.
hevime

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 03:24:39 PM

Perhaps something can be done if we locate them.
cmine

Activity: 22

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 03:26:43 PM

Perhaps something can be done if we locate them.

Can anyone verify any of this? : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=393570.msg9223603#msg9223603
BombaUcigasa
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 03:30:40 PM

Remember when bitcoin services were "hacked" left and right and they closed down and returned 50% of the coins? So nice of the BT guys to up that to 75% Smiley

Let me load up my only single most valuable wallet on a hot machine and check the balance lol
joystickj

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 03:31:55 PM

I guess I should join this discussion since I am possibly the biggest loser of all of you on this deal... My balance was about $37,000. I had $31,588 that I have actually invested (lost). I knew the risk going in and this is certainly not going to bankrupt me as I used "house money" from my previous Bitcoin gains to play with here. I will be monitoring this forum and will be willing to put in my share if we end up having to hire investigators/attorneys/knee breakers. I am a big fan of punishing criminals... Wouldn't mind recovering some money to if that ends up being possible.
cmine

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 03:33:31 PM

I guess I should join this discussion since I am possibly the biggest loser of all of you on this deal... My balance was about $37,000. I had $31,588 that I have actually invested (lost). I knew the risk going in and this is certainly not going to bankrupt me as I used "house money" from my previous Bitcoin gains to play with here. I will be monitoring this forum and will be willing to put in my share if we end up having to hire investigators/attorneys. I am a big fan of punishing criminals... Wouldn't mind recovering some money to if that ends up being possible.

You beat a friend of mine. Only $36k.
joystickj

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 03:38:13 PM

[/quote]

Would that friend be from Oklahoma?
Illutian

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

...The Shadow knows.

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 03:41:25 PM

just received:

Dear Clients

Sincerely,
John Carley

Roll Eyes

Dear Mr Carley..

Thanks,

Your favorite customer.

ROFL! and how does Mr. Carley prove the transaction isn't to his wallet? I, myself, have about 15 wallet addresses; some cloud, some client, and two paper....in a security deposit box.
cmine

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 03:45:31 PM

Would that friend be from Oklahoma?
[/quote]

UK
fingertoe11

Activity: 57

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 03:48:42 PM

just received:

Dear Clients

Sincerely,
John Carley

Roll Eyes

Dear Mr Carley..

Thanks,

Your favorite customer.

ROFL! and how does Mr. Carley prove the transaction isn't to his wallet? I, myself, have about 15 wallet addresses; some cloud, some client, and two paper....in a security deposit box.

It doesn't.   Many deluded people will buy his Bullshit story.   I am just posting that to prove that it is just that.   BT never had the money it was a HYIP from the Get-go.  

Nobody should ever believe a "We've been hacked and our Bitcoin stolen" story unless it can be show on the blockchain..   It discredits bitcoin and it is slanderous.    If bitcoin got stolen it should be provable.  Obvoiusly we cannot prove who the hacker is - but we can prove it was hacked or alternatively it was not hacked and this story is BS..

Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 03:52:28 PM

If you want to prove the scam, just ask who the reputable company was that was doing the audit. In the fantasy world where this company actually exists, surely they would have something to say on this.
joystickj

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 03:55:09 PM

BTW, the timing of this may have partially been caused by my first "withdrawal request"... I had consistently rolled over my earnings back into shares. The Saturday before the stoppage is when I put in for my first Bitcoin withdrawal. I was really just testing it more than anything. The timing was interesting. If I really was the biggest investor/gambler, and "John Carley" thought I was done investing and ready to start withdrawing, then it could have been a bugout trigger for him.  Undecided

Just curious, any other big investors in here?
Dingaantouwtje

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:07:11 PM

Hey y'all!
I was reading this forum throughout my whole BT-experience to keep track of the public opinion and be prepared for whatever was coming. I was in for only a few hundred euro's, 'cause I wanted to see how long it would last.
The funny thing is, though, that I was making a Dutch translation of the website and they even payed me $300 in advance. I was nearly finished and have spent some real effort in it, so I am pretty disappointed with this outcome. I had a lot of e-mail contact with 'John Carley' as well, if this will ever come in handy for 'chasing the criminals' as stated above, I would be pleased to help.
Also, this means I have HTML-files of all the non-member-areas of the website. So I still have their Terms and so on. If this ever might come in handy, just let me know.
Illutian

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

...The Shadow knows.

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 04:08:16 PM

If you want to prove the scam, just ask who the reputable company was that was doing the audit. In the fantasy world where this company actually exists, surely they would have something to say on this.

No no, you see they can't do that. Because..um......the company would be inundated with calls and emails...ya...

>_>
<_<
eneloop
Legendary

Activity: 1513

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:17:06 PM

Hey y'all!
I was reading this forum throughout my whole BT-experience to keep track of the public opinion and be prepared for whatever was coming. I was in for only a few hundred euro's, 'cause I wanted to see how long it would last.
The funny thing is, though, that I was making a Dutch translation of the website and they even payed me $300 in advance. I was nearly finished and have spent some real effort in it, so I am pretty disappointed with this outcome. I had a lot of e-mail contact with 'John Carley' as well, if this will ever come in handy for 'chasing the criminals' as stated above, I would be pleased to help.
Also, this means I have HTML-files of all the non-member-areas of the website. So I still have their Terms and so on. If this ever might come in handy, just let me know.
Put them online.
ElectricSavant

Activity: 32

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:18:23 PM

If the bankruptcy is actually filed can we dispute it and request it to be dismissed at the discharge hearing based on a fraudulent conveyance?

ElectricSavant
justGotConned

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:18:35 PM

BTW, the timing of this may have partially been caused by my first "withdrawal request"... I had consistently rolled over my earnings back into shares. The Saturday before the stoppage is when I put in for my first Bitcoin withdrawal. I was really just testing it more than anything. The timing was interesting. If I really was the biggest investor/gambler, and "John Carley" thought I was done investing and ready to start withdrawing, then it could have been a bugout trigger for him.  Undecided

Just curious, any other big investors in here?

I have joined back in summer with 4K (earned in 6 months of mining LTC / VTC with 4 computer rigs, they've cost me 10K, now I am full of R9290x video cards and can't even sell them at half price) and earned (by totally reinvesting profit) around 8.2 K until last week. Also have put my 1st withdrawal for the initial 4K last Friday since that was my ROI day.
   Most of my anger it due the fact that it all collapsed on the ROI day ... what are the odds of that. Feel like the universe is against me now, took tomorrow day off, need to recover mentally.
mmortal03
Legendary

Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:40:59 PM

And if that hack happend for real then this was a planned inside job from Mr. Carley.
As already told, there is no reason to store all the money in a wallet for auditing.

The whole story is just bullshit.

And, what about the previous "caught in a typhoon" and/or "reloading the blockchain from scratch" stories? lolol
Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 »
  Print  

Jump to: