Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:34:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 [534] 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 ... 661 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCP] Counterparty - Pioneering Peer-to-Peer Finance - Official Thread  (Read 1276301 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 07:52:21 AM

hi guys,

BTC2.0 SPV wallet compatible with XCP, GEMS, STORJ, SWARM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=761852.0

solid development with these ppl and company behind

1. Jeremie Miller  (Pinocc.io)
2. Eric Jennings  (Pinocc.io)
3. Josh Datko (cryptotronix)
4. Usman Haque (thingful.net)

That's cool!

whats the URL to test?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 01:14:54 PM

hi guys,

That's cool!

whats the URL to test?

0.0.2  mainnet is working perfectly as local XCP wallet.

try this one

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=761852.msg9875374#msg9875374
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 01:33:09 PM

hi guys,

That's cool!

whats the URL to test?

0.0.2  mainnet is working perfectly as local XCP wallet.

try this one

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=761852.msg9875374#msg9875374

i'll wait for a security clearance
pankogulo

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

Counterparty General Manager

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 03:56:48 PM

HI all, here's our usual community update: Counterparty Community Update, Jan 14: Hackathon Win, Counterwallet FAQ, Dev Updates & More http://counterparty.io/news/counterparty-community-update-jan-14/

Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 07:13:57 AM

Hoping someone can help answer a quickie as don't have any bitcoin or XCP to test this out

I want to use Counterparty as a voucher system for a kickstarter reward on a project I'm working on, but to prevent fraud and enable administration of delivery on redeemed vouchers I was hoping a message could be sent along with the transmission of assets?

Could I do this with the sign message or sign transaction feature I can see in Counterparty's online wallet?

-Customer registers their voucher (counterparty) address, along with delivery address on my site and are given a security pin.
-Customer redeems voucher by sending to my counterparty address along with the security pin they got on registration as a signed message, confirming ownership of the token relating to that shipping address.

I might be missing the point of what a signed message or transaction is so would appreciate clarification. Cheers  Smiley
mtbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 876

Etherscan.io

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 01:29:22 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2015, 04:10:02 PM by mtbitcoin

Hoping someone can help answer a quickie as don't have any bitcoin or XCP to test this out

I want to use Counterparty as a voucher system for a kickstarter reward on a project I'm working on, but to prevent fraud and enable administration of delivery on redeemed vouchers I was hoping a message could be sent along with the transmission of assets?

Could I do this with the sign message or sign transaction feature I can see in Counterparty's online wallet?

-Customer registers their voucher (counterparty) address, along with delivery address on my site and are given a security pin.
-Customer redeems voucher by sending to my counterparty address along with the security pin they got on registration as a signed message, confirming ownership of the token relating to that shipping address.

I might be missing the point of what a signed message or transaction is so would appreciate clarification. Cheers  Smiley

Unfortunately, you cannot send a message/text along with a transaction.

The recommended way is to setup unique addresses for each of these transactions and get the clients to send the token to those uniquely assigned addresses.

The message signing is more for things like verifying "address" ownership

Cheers

EtherScan::Ethereum Block Explorer | BlockScan::Coming Soon
Chang Hum

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 04:33:54 PM

I might be missing the point of what a signed message or transaction is so would appreciate clarification. Cheers  Smiley

The recommended way is to setup unique addresses for each of these transactions and get the clients to send the token to those uniquely assigned addresses.

Cheers

Thanks
baddw

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 05:10:54 PM

Cheers

Thanks

The message signing would be necessary for the "registration" part of the process.  After that, a PIN is unnecessary.

*Customer creates Counterwallet
*You generate a specifically formatted message to be signed by customer: "I am John Smith, my Kickstarter account email address is jsmith@jsmith.com, I live at 1111 Main St., Anytown, USA, and I backed Chang Hum's Kickstarter at XXX level"
*Customer signs that message with Counterwallet, thereby proving their ownership of 1XXXX Counterparty address.
*You verify the message and store the address alongside their other account info.
*You send the token(s) via Counterparty to registered addresses.
*When you receive token(s) back, you identify the owner of the 1XXXX address and send them their rewards.

It's kind of a Rube Goldberg machine, so you'd want to have a good reason for doing it this way other than novelty.

BTC/XCP 11596GYYq5WzVHoHTmYZg4RufxxzAGEGBX
DRK XvFhRFQwvBAmFkaii6Kafmu6oXrH4dSkVF
Eligius Payouts/CPPSRB Explained  I am not associated with Eligius in any way.  I just think that it is a good pool with a cool payment system Smiley
dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 05:35:14 PM

Can you go into detail what you intend to do? "Prevent fraud" and "enable administration of delivery" is a bit vague, at least for me. Maybe there is another route than pushing messages along redemption.

Anotheranonlol

Activity: 588
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 05:49:03 PM

Cheers

Won't something like your own http://pay.blockscan.com/ demo work?

--Customer registers their voucher (counterparty) address, along with delivery address on site and are given a security pin.
--Customer redeems voucher by completing invoice on site.

You would already have knowledge of the customer by their receiving BTC/CounterParty address. I'm assuming this is a once time use voucher entitling perks or discounts. Once the voucher is redeemed to issuer, it can't be re-used nor lent out, it's difficult to steal, and alone the token is a stronger authentication than a security pin, what's the requirement of a PIN?

deliciousowl

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 06:13:14 PM

The entire thing could definitely be done using smart contracts. But at the moment, it's a bit tricky.

Chang Hum

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 01:47:33 AM
Last edit: January 16, 2015, 02:21:27 AM by Chang Hum

Cheers

Thanks

The message signing would be necessary for the "registration" part of the process.  After that, a PIN is unnecessary.

*Customer creates Counterwallet
*You generate a specifically formatted message to be signed by customer: "I am John Smith, my Kickstarter account email address is jsmith@jsmith.com, I live at 1111 Main St., Anytown, USA, and I backed Chang Hum's Kickstarter at XXX level"
*Customer signs that message with Counterwallet, thereby proving their ownership of 1XXXX Counterparty address.
*You verify the message and store the address alongside their other account info.
*You send the token(s) via Counterparty to registered addresses.
*When you receive token(s) back, you identify the owner of the 1XXXX address and send them their rewards.

It's kind of a Rube Goldberg machine, so you'd want to have a good reason for doing it this way other than novelty.

Thanks for the reply, was hoping I could do something along these lines it's pretty much what I'm looking for. I understand it might seem a bit long winded but the reason for doing it this is way is I can offer a really good value proposition with tokens as I'll propose the moneys to be used for a youtube marketing campaign that depending on it's level of success will feed back increasing the value of the tokens relative to my product. Also an interesting reward that can be set to any level rather than giving away t-shirts or tat for lower tier rewards.

Can you go into detail what you intend to do? "Prevent fraud" and "enable administration of delivery" is a bit vague, at least for me. Maybe there is another route than pushing messages along redemption.

Just looking for a clean way to tie a customers personal delivery address (without making it public) to their redeemed counterparty vouchers eliminating the risk of anyone gaming it somehow. The only alternative to something like message signing that I can immediately think of would be to take it on trust people are making valid claims to addresses that they can publicly see on the Blockchain, which I don't thinks feasible.

Won't something like your own http://pay.blockscan.com/ demo work?

--Customer registers their voucher (counterparty) address, along with delivery address on site and are given a security pin.
--Customer redeems voucher by completing invoice on site.

You would already have knowledge of the customer by their receiving BTC/CounterParty address. I'm assuming this is a once time use voucher entitling perks or discounts. Once the voucher is redeemed to issuer, it can't be re-used nor lent out, it's difficult to steal, and alone the token is a stronger authentication than a security pin, what's the requirement of a PIN?

Was thinking of a pin just as a way to confirm delivery address really belongs to counterparty address holder, but was really just my first thoughts and wanted to throw it out to the community to see what you guys thought. The problem here might not be Kickstarter actually as kickstarters paid in cash but might be a problem on bitcointalk as:

On Kickstarter

-customer pays in cash on Kickstarter
-customers instructed to register delivery address and Bitcoin (as yet unknown on the blockchain relating to the crowdfund) address on my site.

seems fairly clean?

On Bitcointalk

-customer pays in Bitcoin revealing an address associated with the crowdsale on the blockchain

^ so this is the issue I'm concerned about:
a) I want peoples delivery address without making them public (hence the pin idea)
b) When they register the delivery address, I need some sort of signed message to prove the registrant is the owner of that Bitcoin address, rather than someone who's just been looking at the ledger and trying to register addresses that sent into the crowdfunding address.

pankogulo

Activity: 121

Counterparty General Manager

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 03:08:20 PM

Friday dev Update is live: Counterparty Development Update #11: Separating counterpartyd, Improved Dependency Management & More http://counterparty.io/news/counterparty-development-update-11/

mitache365

Activity: 731
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 05:51:00 PM

nice to see all theese active XCP news Smiley

BTC
ElTomeko27

Activity: 371

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 07:19:29 PM

Any updates about Medici project would be very welcome... if its possible Roll Eyes
deliciousowl

Activity: 432

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 11:41:13 PM

Any updates about Medici project would be very welcome... if its possible Roll Eyes

This is all that has been said so far:

Yes, the situation is unclear---sorry, we just can't say much at the moment. There'll be some relevant (positive) announcements very soon, though! Suffice it to say that Evan, Robby and I will all be working on Counterparty for the forseeable future.

SalimNagamato
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 03:13:45 AM

is it possible to block masterxchange's wallet on Counterparty network ?
Counterparty assets are trapped there
Requested withdrawal 3 days ago (a lot more than 48 hours) and got nothing
no answer from their support

yet another reason to use decentralized exchange...

not hashing, folding and curing (check FLDC merged-folding! reuse good GPUs)
WhalingWhales

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 03:26:17 AM

Hi Guys, just arrived here and very excited that i have found this project Smiley Well done getting it to where you have awesome project!

Question on smartcontracts please, is it already possible to create a smart contract within counterparty now? I have only just got a wallet and cannot seem to find how  Undecided

Or is it a work in progress?

Thanks
Matt Y

Activity: 647
Merit: 510

Counterpartying

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2015, 03:28:44 AM

Hi Guys, just arrived here and very excited that i have found this project Smiley Well done getting it to where you have awesome project!

Question on smartcontracts please, is it already possible to create a smart contract within counterparty now? I have only just got a wallet and cannot seem to find how  Undecided

Thanks

They are live on testnet now and will be live on mainnet around March.

penoze
Legendary

Activity: 1235
Merit: 1003

https://minepi.com/cryptomeneer

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 08:42:12 AM

Question on smartcontracts please, is it already possible to create a smart contract within counterparty now? I have only just got a wallet and cannot seem to find how  Undecided

Thanks

They are live on testnet now and will be live on mainnet around March.

Do i understand good that counterparty will implanting smart contracts?
(didn't read the page history in this thread)

Pages: « 1 ... 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 [534] 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 ... 661 »
  Print  

Jump to: