Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:27:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 362 »
  Print  
Author Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;)  (Read 907160 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rjp55

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 01:55:46 AM

I know you want to shut me up because I have pointed out Bitcoin's weaknesses and pointed out that environmentalism is a moral fraud.

TBH nobody has time to read all your articles. I havent been. at least Rpietila graces this thread with simplicity.
just saying, cos that is BS. ^^ get over yourself.

+1 again. You assume people care about what you are saying much more than anyone does. Start your own thread! Risto rules this one...

Simplicity is for simpleton surrogates who are easily manipulated by Risto's incorrect (incomplete) summaries.

The summary that says all that matters is how many BTC you have, is what I am attacking right now. That summary is very wrong and it will cost you (and Risto) dearly.

Btw, while he tells you that, he is off buying altcoins and making profits (where do you think he recent cash came from? Im guessing he sold his Auroracoin at the top).

Little shocked that Risto has let AnonyMint take over his thread. Risto use to have more balls and a bigger delete hammer. Now he's just happy letting Mr. TinFoilHat dominate the thread and turn it into his own.

No longer read this thread. Shame.

Because Risto isn't stupid. He realizes that he must adjust to new information that opens his eyes. He realizes he must be able to defend his thesis against all valid logic, else he wouldn't be wealthy.

He deletes noise.

You are trying to turn this into a political contest instead of a factual and analytical contest. I don't think Risto is that dumb.

Risto made a 10 post per day limit just for you. Now you write whole pages in one post. Just start your own thread and share all your thoughts please. No one comes here to read you.

░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░                                         
              ░░▒▓▓███▓▓░░████████████████▓░                                   
          ░▓▓▓▒██████████░ ███████████████████▒                                 
       ░▓██▒░  ███████████▓ ▒███████████████████▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓                     
  ▒▓▓▓██▒     ████████   ▒██░ ██████████▓▒░      █████████████████▓▓▒░         
 ▓█▒░░        ▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓  ░▒███░ ▓▓▓▒░░   ░░▒▒▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒       ░▒▓███████▓▒░   
 █                                               ░▒▒▓▓██████████▓▒░░░▒▓██████▓█
 █▒  ▒▓▓▒░▒▓█▓▓▓▒▒▒▒░░                                    ░▒▓▓████████▓▓▒░   ▒█
 ░█ ▒████▓  ▒▒░▒▒▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▒▒▒░                            ░▒      ░▓██ 
  ▒███▒▓▓██  ░              ▒░░█████▓▓▓▓██▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░          ░░ ▓██████▓▓▒
    ▓█▓▓▒▓█▓ ▒              ▒▒▓███  ███████████▓▓█▓░░▒▒░░░  ▓███████▓████████ ▓█
     ░█  ▓██▓▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓████████▓░   ████▒▒▓▓▓▓██████      ░ ████████▒█████▓▒  ▒█
      ▓▓▓▓████▓▒░░                ▒███ ░███▓█▓▓████░    ▓ ████████▓▓█▓▒    ▓▓▓ 
      ░▓█████▓▒▓██████▓▒░         ▒██▓ ██▒  ██▓▓████    ▒  ░            ▒██▒   
        ░▒         ░▒▓█████████▓▒  ██▒ █▓    ██▒█████    ▒▒▒░░░▒░░░█▓▒▓██▓     
                          ░▒▓█████████ ██    ▓█▒█████▓             ░▓██▓       
                                  ░▒▓█▓ ██ ░▒██░██████▓  ▒▒▒░   ▒▓███▒         
                                      █▓▒▓████░▓████▓ ▓▓▓██████████░           
                                       ▓█▓▓▓▓▓█████▓          ░▒▒               
                                         ▒▓▓██▓▒░                               

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ███████████▀     ██ ██
██ ██████████▌   ▄▄▄██ ██
██ ██████████   ██████ ██
██ ███████          ██ ██
██ ███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄██ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
|
Whitepaper
Ann Thread
Bounty Thread

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
serenitys

Activity: 126
Merit: 101

Be Here Now

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:13:58 AM

Seriously. This one was pg 104 when I went to bed...I had questions...but gave up after 15 pages of all that.

You say "anti government" like that's a bad thing...

Unfortunate times will bring out the best in good people and the worst in bad people
AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:14:14 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2014, 03:03:54 AM by AnonyMint

Risto made a 10 post per day limit just for you. Now you write whole pages in one post. Just start your own thread and share all your thoughts please. No one comes here to read you.

I am merely answering all the relevant posts that occurred while I was sleeping. What is the crime in that?

The great thing is that when you put me on ignore, all those replies combined into one post thus collapse into one line on your browser, so it is much more respectful of me than putting them in separate posts.

And once you put me on ignore, then you won't be bothered by greater opportunities, which is I think a perfect outcome that would please me very very very very very much.

SlipperySlope why did you delete your post saying that you put me on ignore? Please don't realize you were wrong.

The investors continue to invest in the middlemen because at the moment they see the ability expressed by Anonymint above to build the centralized offchain "banks" or clearing houses that will enable the transaction levels and the instantaneous "risk free" transactions necessary for widespread adoption.

Coinbase/bitpay/circle will become offchain repositories which offer instantaneous btc transfer between their members and their members fiat accounts.  They will make bitcoin easy to buy and easy to use...

[snip]

What you are saying *may* happen, I'm not saying it won't.  I'm saying it doesn't need to happen, and that there's a much better alternative outcome.

It is too late because mining is already centralized and becoming more so every day.

Thus the protocol changes we need on the block chain can't be implemented. Gavin spends his time at the CIA and CFR coordinating the fiat future for Bitcoin. No major changes in the protocol have ever happened, only small fixes. Even other important fixes haven't been done. Adam Back (the creator of Hashcash which Satoshi based Bitcoin on) enumerated many of these unfixed bugs.

[snip]

It may take decades for people to realize that trusting their money to third parties is no longer necessary and ill advised.  The implosions and thefts by third parties may not continue at the scale of mtgox, but they will continue.  If that's what we end up with, then bitcoin is just paypal reloaded.  It doesn't have to be that way.

I hope that bitcoin millionaires will start investing in things like Open Transactions, hardware wallets, autonomous services, etc so that people don't *have* to trust their money and business to third parties who ultimately have no direct interest in them.  That's the problem I thought we were trying to solve here.

Silicon Valley I'm sure will continue to do what they do, they can't do anything else.  What I'm talking about is a competitor to SV (at least in trust models).

Agreed! It is going to happen, but not on Bitcoin. Those who realize this early and get on the right bandwagon will be insanely wealthy.

4. Altcoins will proliferate the # of coins in the ecosystem.

Anonymint, is there a thread in which you discuss this aspect?

I don't want to disrupt the flow of conversation here but I am very curious about this.

Problem with Altcoins (note self-moderator closed the thread when he didn't like our refutations)

"Failure to Understand Bitcoin Could Cost Investors Billions" (Bitcoin's flaws)

On the subject of why $500 millionaires should not buy Bitcoin and why I disagree with Risto's claim that the only thing that matters is how many BTC you own...

1. A bitcoin is not an heirloom. The chances that it will hold its value long-term are very slim. Gold is a much better heirloom.

2. The 21 million supply limit is a lie. This WILL be violated and there are numerous ways it can happen. The most likely way is Bitcoin is obviously moving towards offchain storage and services. In fact, Bitcoin can't have instant transactions without offchain fractional reserves (technically the exchange has to be fractional for it to happen instantly). Also the government could today regulate the few pools who have 51% and the few ASIC miners who have large datacenters, and produce as many coins per coinbase as they wanted. Later when the masses are all using government regulated offchain Coinbase.com and Bitpay.com, etc, then government can do what ever it wants to the mining and the masses won't care.

So the debasement of bitcoins in the future is an interesting idea.  My question is, how do you see this playing out?  What kind of timeframe are we looking at in your opinion?

On that note, how would a cpu only coin like you suggest is needed prevent a fractional system from emerging?

Debasement by altcoins has already begun. This is another reason that Bitcoin's adoption curve is likely log-logistic and not linear (in log10) as Risto's famous chart assumed.

So the debasement of bitcoins in the future is an interesting idea.  My question is, how do you see this playing out?  What kind of timeframe are we looking at in your opinion?

On that note, how would a cpu only coin like you suggest is needed prevent a fractional system from emerging?

Can someone explain why we can't safely discount this?  

Whether people are using bitcoin notes or dollar notes doesn't seem (at first blush) to make much difference in the demand for actual bitcoin.  They are the same category - people who haven't adopted bitcoin.  Yes, there is a small amount of bitcoin backing the notes, but seems like we can safely discount the vast majority of the "adoption" because it didn't actually happen.  

People who only accept bitcoin (and not the notes), will just go on as if the notes don't exist. I would hope that the community that exists today would not be so stupid as to see the value in bitcoin to begin with, and then start accepting promises to pay.  

I guess you didn't read the upthread debate between Animorex and myself which stemmed from an assertion I made that once all your merchants take fiat (with a BTC facade) then they have no incentive to take BTC and not convert instantly to fiat.

Peter Thiel's Bitpay is a reverse takeover of Bitcoin and it is growing exponentially and at a much faster rate than Bitcoin adoption so it will soon engulf Bitcoin.

I believe it is because off chain transactions are going to have to become a reality if bitcoin is ever going to reach the speed/scaling required by mass adoption.  And off chain transactions, by nature, open up the possibility of fractional reserves.

Selectively choosing to only accept bitcoin does nothing to prevent this as no one would would know which coins were being fractionally traded off of.  Only "real" bitcoins could ever be broadcast over the actual bitcoin network, but this does nothing to the supply of bitcoins being moved around the market (off chain) in general.

And even if they had a list of addresses associated with off chain systems to "blacklist", that would lead us right back to the original problem.  That the blockchain itself can not handle the scaling required for mass adoption and must allow some sort of off chain system to exist.

That's years off and we haven't nearly exhausted all the possible optimizations to reduce the required bandwidth for a full node, much less an SPV node.  Not to mention the improvements in hardware between now and then.

Which requires more trust, running an SPV node or accepting off-chain transactions?  Hint: off-chain.

Full node resource requirements are not the crux of the issue. Rather it is the fact that there is no decentralized way to limit pool sizes. I solved this algorithmic problem.

This shows you are not technically astute. You may know a little bit about programming, but you don't even have all the relevant design issues properly organized in your head. So that should indicate to you that you should stop being obnoxiously boastful and condescending. Because ignorance is not impressive.

I speak because I know what I am talking about. Otherwise I ask, or say "this is my opinion".

I think it's silly that people are fully expecting fractional reserve.  If that happens, bitcoin has completely failed, IMO.

Exactly. So when are you going to wake up?

The whole reason we started issuing notes for gold centuries ago does not make any sense with bitcoin.  Bitcoin is already easy to carry and divisible.

Since you called me a "nutcase" upthread, I can speak frankly to you now...

Another example of your inadequate logic skills. I am estimating that I would never hire you as a programmer, because it appears I would spend more time correcting your logic errors than I would gain from your efforts.

The reason people prefer fractional reserves is primary because loans can't exist on a finite money supply.

The others reasons are safety. And Bitcoin has that in spades as many lose their wallets.

And other reasons for Bitcoin are only way to get fast transactions and micro payments. Etc..

This scalability issue is mostly bullshit FUD.

You are talking about the Block chain bloat scalability. Yes I agree it is not the big doom. However, there are other issues which are unresolvable in Bitcoin without offchain as mentioned above.

[snip]

That's not to say off-chain transactions don't have their place.  I'd be fine with, for example, an OpenTransactions issuer who proves his reserves and uses voting pools.  

Edit: just because the possibility of fractional reserve exists, doesn't mean we should accept it.

It is irrelevant to the final outcome as what you personally (or the idealist Bitcoiners) think should be accepted. It is the weaknesses in the protocol and what the masses want that matters.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:14:57 AM

AnonyMint: A Gift For You:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=556651.0
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 02:21:28 AM

It is too late because mining is already centralized and becoming more so every day.

Thus the protocol changes we need on the block chain can't be implemented.
The whole XCP OP_RETURN spectacle makes me doubt bitcoin will avoid its current path toward total centralized control
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=395761.msg5955613#msg5955613
The above is by luke-jr, who is one of the bitcoin core devs and also owns elgius which mines almost 10% of bitcoin

OP_RETURN was supposed to have 80 bytes. A whopping fractional increase (<.001%) in blockchain size, but to make sure XCP cant use it was changed to 40 bytes at the last minute.

theoretically bitcoin can continue on all sorts of wonderful exponential growth
in practice, when less than a dozen guys can control it, it becomes much more of a long shot

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
creekbore

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Lazy, cynical and insolent since 1968

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:58:52 AM

I like my TA with a dose of empiricism or at least plausible structural theory.  The *only* justification for treating the cross-over on bitcoinwisdom as a signal, as opposed to any other pair of moving averages, is the mere fact that it is the default on the 1 week chart on bitcoinwisdom.  Well, I'm sorry, but that's not a rational basis for a trading strategy.  We should ask the proprietor to randomly perturb the default periods on the moving averages.

What should we set the EMA to?
Sunny?
Optimistic?

I suggested randomization precisely to avoid goal-seeking.

How can it be unempirical.  It is two settings to judge a period.
Fine, change the settings until it draws a story that fits your point of view.  Highly scientific.

Exactly what I seek to avoid.  Fixed crossings are fine if you understand the limitations and are able to consistently maintain a suitable time-scale for all trading activity.  Whether  you would be profitable in a fixed EMA trading strategy in this particular instance, I cannot say, but it seems likely.  One can easily calibrate that likelihood empirically.  The scale of the opportunity costs implied by a strategy sufficiently disciplined to optimize that particular trade is quite vast, however.  The trading public will be bimodally distributed:  A small cohort will benefit more by paying relatively little heed to that weekly signal, without disregarding it; a much larger cohort will not be able to exercise the discipline to profit by it; the residual population is relatively smaller.

It's sad because people will trade on such a pathetic excuse for a rationalization, thinking it is driven by some deep and compelling model, when in fact they are just hanging their emotions on a scary picture.  It's sad because most of them will lose bitcoin as a result (perhaps not as a result of selling at that specific time, but almost certainly as a result of selling low and buying high), contributing to the concentration of wealth in the hands of a few skilled but, in all too many cases, sociopathic persons.

Yes, it's really sad that people use the tools at their disposable to inform their decision making. 

It is a blunt tool, and ineptly used.  Hence my sadness.  Sharp tools, aptly used generally cheer me up.

Pretty much every indicator that shows we are having a bad time you dismiss --- each that predicts optimism you embrace: this seems highly unscientific.

But hey, I need strong medication Wink

I don't dismiss the relationship between ATH and the market - after all, it is only lows which create long opportunities.  I see little advantage in moaning about it.  Indeed, I have mostly foresworn shorting, not because it is unprofitable -- anything but!  Rather, because I cannot bear to profit from the criminal acts of my enemies.  I may still short a strong market, but only if there is no DDOS or other, more directly observable, massive embezzlement in progress.  Sadly this means that most of my historical short gains will no longer be available, and any future shorts will be taken at much higher risk.  If the market is sufficiently mature, I may short the next bear from top to bottom, because then it would not correlate with the designs of criminal actors, or contribute materially to their enrichment.

Trading gets more complicated when you stop ignoring the moral elements.

Just to follow up on that last remark first: I'm not sure I follow your syntax there -- I would say trading is more complicated when you acknowledge moral elements.

But we are at least in agreement about something (HURRAH!) with regard to shorting: I don't participate in that market either, not so much for the reasons you stated but that it seems morally wrong to profit from the failure of a market (I remember the Soros-short inspired sterling crash of the eighties).  It seems far too familiar to gambling as some poor sap recently commented on another thread.

Back to tools.  I have a number of cold chisels in my (real) tool box, they are quite blunt but are perfect for the jobs they are suited to.  Indeed, as many of my tools are blunt as ones that are sharp. You may be inept with a blunt tool but that doesn't mean everyone is.

If we were to randomize our EMA settings how would we find a grouping to settle on or make a consistent judgement over time?

AS I said in my previous post Risto has stated he's a big fan of the 4hour EMA....so a fine enough a tool to fund a mansion?

So, to summarize thus far you have dismissed the following TA indicators:

Bid/sum ratio
EMA
Blockchain tx numbers and volume (and a couple of other from Blockchain.info I can't recall)
Market cap

Perhaps it'd be quicker if you summarized what is pertinent in your opinion Smiley (other than tx addresses)

+++++++

ADD: to all the lovely users who PM'd me with such warm, charming messages with regard to my mention of burning coal.

http://websites.psychology.uwa.edu.au/labs/cogscience/Publications/LskyetalRecursiveFury4UWA.pdf
http://theconversation.com/the-journal-that-gave-in-to-climate-deniers-intimidation-25085

"Markets always move in the direction to hurt the most investors." AnonyMint
"Market depth is meaningless" AdamstgBit
AnonyMint

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:05:57 AM

But we are at least in agreement about something (HURRAH!) with regard to shorting: I don't participate in that market either, not so much for the reasons you stated but that it seems morally wrong to profit from the failure of a market (I remember the Soros-short inspired sterling crash of the eighties).

All this moral crap really annoys me. Shorting helps to prevent selloffs from being so severe, because shorts cover on the way down and provide buying demand.

Moralists always cause the opposite of what they portend to.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
creekbore

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:10:07 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2014, 06:06:18 AM by creekbore

Before folks start quoting rules remember users under three months should limit themselves to three posts per 24 hours....that hasn't stopped Chessnut posting endless, one liners.  But I don't see anyone modding him either.

As always the BTC 'community' reveals its considerable patience with those with differing (or more intelligent) points of view.

The stuff AnonyMint posts is stimulating and considered, granted I struggle with much of it, but I'd rather have that than noobs posting unsubstantiated claims about market movement, being proved wrong and then posting a new claim -- what does that teach us other than some people are shameless.  

creekbore

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:14:48 AM

But we are at least in agreement about something (HURRAH!) with regard to shorting: I don't participate in that market either, not so much for the reasons you stated but that it seems morally wrong to profit from the failure of a market (I remember the Soros-short inspired sterling crash of the eighties).

All this moral crap really annoys me. Shorting helps to prevent selloffs from being so severe, because shorts cover on the way down and provide buying demand.

Moralists always cause the opposite of what they portend to.

I agree with you but its one of those early messages that gets ingrained: "shorting is bad, mkay".
I'm not a fan of gambling, so it fits in with my schema.

AnonyMint

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 04:33:24 AM

Past 30 days (click 30-day chart), the largest volume days are the down days. Also only 8 up days (1 neutral) out of 30.

http://bitcoincharts.com/markets/bitstampUSD.html

This might indicate selling pressure is greater than buying.

AnonyMint

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 05:30:32 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2014, 05:40:49 AM by AnonyMint

No doubt about it, if you are shorting the fundamentals, you are trapping vulnerable people. Shorters are deliberately making it costly for the unfairly regulated chinese to exit the market.

Are we supposed to hold the hand of the Chinese and remove all risk. Do you know what happens when you remove all risk? Then there is no valuation convergence on truth. And everyone starves to death. That experiment has been tried, it is called Communism.

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2014/03/30/even-cuba-abandons-communism-when-will-we/

I seem to regularly piss off socialist lunatics as Gandhi did.

Quote from: Gandhi
When Gandhi was studying law at the University College of London, there was a professor, whose last name was Peters, who felt animosity for Gandhi, and because Gandhi never lowered his head towards him, their “arguments” were very common.
One day, Mr. Peters was having lunch at the dining room of the University and Gandhi came along with his tray and sat next to the professor. The professor, in his arrogance, said, “Mr Gandhi: you do not understand… a pig and a bird do not sit together to eat “, to which Gandhi replies, “You do not worry professor, I’ll fly away “, and he went and sat at another table.
Mr. Peters, green of rage, decides to take revenge on the next test, but Gandhi responds brilliantly to all questions. Then, Mr. Peters asked him the following question, “Mr Gandhi, if you are walking down the street and find a package, and within it there is a bag of wisdom and another bag with a lot of money; which one will you take?
Without hesitating, Gandhi responded, “the one with the money, of course”.
Mr. Peters, smiling, said, “I, in your place, would have taken the wisdom,
don’t you think?

Each one take what one doesn’t have”, responded Gandhi indifferently.
Mr. Peters, already hysteric, writes on the exam sheet the word “idiot” and gives it to Gandhi. Gandhi takes the exam sheet and sits down. A few minutes later, Gandhi goes to the professor and says, “Mr. Peters, you signed the sheet, but you did not give me the grade.”

chessnut
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 05:39:34 AM

No doubt about it, if you are shorting the fundamentals, you are trapping vulnerable people. Shorters are deliberately making it costly for the unfairly regulated chinese to exit the market.

Are we supposed to hold the hand of the Chinese and remove all risk. Do you know what happens when you remove all risk? Then there is no valuation convergence on truth. And everyone starves to death. That experiment has been tried, it is called Communism.

I seem to regularly piss off socialist lunatics as Gandhi did.

red herring.

you sold high because you saw that china man coming to market. you are not providing any service to him that the person you sold to could not have done better.

AnonyMint

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 05:43:30 AM

red herring.

you sold high because you saw that china man coming to market. you are not providing any service to him that the person you sold to could not have done better.

Risto let chessnut's post serve as a lesson to you what genre of flies are attracted to permabull honey.

Keep your facts factual and you won't have this problem. Your first mistake was to preach an unjustified (arbitrary) curve fit as gospel. Now you reap what you sowed.

Over and out.

aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 06:01:21 AM

My terminal comments on shorting and moral aspects of trading:
(I do try, in my own way, not to comment on things tangential to price action in this thread - and I should be writing code instead -
but it is so, so hard when the topics cut so close to the quick.)

Asymmetry and squeezes are the typical practical problems with shorting.

My delicacy about shorting might be considered more self-interested than moral, however:  
Criminal manipulators (i.e. persons willfully committing common law torts and property crimes in order to effect price movements)
and large scale embezzlers are enemies to me, and to anyone whose interests are aligned with bitcoin on a medium-long term basis.  
It is not in my interest that they prosper in their endeavours.  
Shorting on momentum compounds their profits -- even if I manage to front-run them, I add to momentum ignition.
Thus, regardless of apparent short term benefits, I expect the long-run effect to be deleterious.
Thus I short bitcoin only cautiously, intentionally decoupling from criminal conspiracies.

In my opinion self-destructive behaviour is its own reward -- and that is very much how natural moral law works.

People often learn to dislike the expression of moral views by having alien moralities imposed upon them.  
At least, this is an explanation which makes sense to me. I certainly do not appreciate having alien moralities imposed upon me.  \
Still, and although this is not the right place for it, it is usefully stimulating to discuss the moral dimensions of life,
and I would generally rebel against peer-pressure demanding self-censorship in defense of some pathological reaction-formation.

Fact remains: This is not the place for it.  And for that I apologize.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 06:12:46 AM

On the premise that light humor is no detriment to quality, a link.

Introduction to Chart Patterns

Did Rob Booker introduce the Batman's head pattern?

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 06:51:04 AM

This thread used to be cool, informative and diverse (while mostly on topic).

Now I have to wade through books worth of AnonyMint posts I can't fathom to even skim, let alone read or even react to. Not to discredit what he says (I wouldn't know), but it's like listening to this type of girl that doesn't pause for long enough for you to jump in or her to even take a breath. You're in constant fear she might suffocate.

Take a deep breath, man... maybe go on vacation with no net connectivity or something.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 06:57:07 AM

molecular, that is a valid point. Notice my last post ended "over and out". Hopefully I can sustain that.

This post will be deleted shortly, I just wanted to acknowledge you.

aminorex, that is funny  Cheesy

Nah ill quote you.. Wasnt your last post weeks ago? How many last posts r u gonna do? Smiley
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 07:02:42 AM

Past 30 days (click 30-day chart), the largest volume days are the down days. Also only 8 up days (1 neutral) out of 30.

http://bitcoincharts.com/markets/bitstampUSD.html

This might indicate selling pressure is greater than buying.

Fear is a stronger driving force than greed.. Take a look at recently 2008  to 2010 charts for eurusd or even usdjpy equities commodities.. All had higher accumulating volume since smart money always buys into fear. I do not like high volume up thrusts.. means unloading usually.
greenlion

Activity: 667
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 08:21:31 AM

molecular, that is a valid point. Notice my last post ended "over and out". Hopefully I can sustain that.

This post will be deleted shortly, I just wanted to acknowledge you.

aminorex, that is funny  Cheesy

Nah ill quote you.. Wasnt your last post weeks ago? How many last posts r u gonna do? Smiley

It's a pretty standard narcissistic cry for attention. It's entertaining to watch an individual with a completely delusional sense of self worth and entitlement throw these temper tantrums because swarms of inferiors do not celebrate his obvious genius.
Guinpen

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 08:32:37 AM

I for one have put AnonyMint on ignore and continue to watch the thread for insightful discussion. Perhaps more of you should do the former too? Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 362 »
  Print  

Jump to: