Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:55:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CACH] CACHeCoin released based on scrypt-jane  (Read 224365 times)
vertoe

Activity: 518
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 07:07:28 AM

http://q30.qhor.net:8336/static/ is back online,
http://q30.qhor.net:8337/ nodescanner, too.
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gristlelump

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:45:06 PM

Thanks for compiling for me.  I appreciate it.  I really want something that really works for CPU Cachecoin mining!

gristlelump, I've used this one without issues for a very long time (though I'm not CPU mining right now tbh).

https://github.com/thirtybird/cpuminer/releases/

You'll find the 2.4.0 release has binaries optimized for the various CPU versions, and both x64 & x86.
I couldn't tell if that's what you were using already or not, anyways, hope it helps.

My startup parameters are the following, pasted from my cpu mining shortcut:
minerd-x64-core2.exe -a scrypt-jane -o stratum+tcp://cach.catcoin.cz:3333 -u username.worker -p password -t 6 --nfmin 4 --nfmax 30 --starttime 1388949883
(core2 as I got an old Xeon on this box)

Happy Mining,
~ Myagui

I'll check it out an see if it solves the problems I've started having.  It doesn't look like the version of CPUminer I'm using but very close as it's optimized for a particular CPU.  I can't find the original download location for the miner executable that I'm currently using.  Searhced for it but coming up short.  None of the executables in any of the scrypt-jane CPUminers seem to match my miner.
I couldn't compile th eminer on windows. It's a pain to compile on windows Sad (feels like microsofts' intention). I'll try again when i have time

Thanks for trying.  It seems the Binary that I am curently using is for QQcoin, another scrypt-jane coin.  I believe this is the download link  https://mega.co.nz/#!yNFjQSpI!Jc-kgBttobPxvfmpSTxCeh4ecMEYn4w7i8ZZsS5Fbo4 .  It worked before and I managed some blocks and what seemed to be normal share return for some time.  It just all of a sudden stopped functioning properly. I'll try Pooler and Thirtybird that Myaqui recommended.  I'll keep you updated.  I appreciate anymore attempts you make at compiling for Win32.

It might be that their nFactor coincided with that of cachecoin for some time until a few days ago that it changed and thus making you unable to mine. Try the miner suggested by @myagui

Allright all 18 of the machines are now running the YAcoin scrypt-jane miner you and @myagui sugessted.  I had to remove the --nfmin 4 --nfmax 30 --starttime 1388949883 flags because I got instacrash when initiating the bat file.  this is what it looks like now
  minerd-x86-core2 -a scrypt-jane -o http://p2pool.cachecoin.org:8336  -u CXr9ZyLTqaZ7t4n9BC98Cj2Y91C4TmqXdn  -p x -t 2
I'm pulling work and hashing but there are no indications of accepted shares.  Can you take a look at the miners?

If the miner is not made for cach specifically, then you need at the very least the --starttime flag. The current nfactor is calculated from it. There seems to be no rejects in the logs at the moment. But your address doesn't seem to appear in the graph section
Edit: Just saw the same reject from the address. Make sure the starttime is correct

None of the CPU miners made for script including the one recommended will run the --starttime flag.  It comes up with the "unrecognized Option --starttime" error and then crashes.  Guess I'm SOL running your miner on a Win32 system.  If you, the developer, can't compile it,  then I doubt I have the skill to.  To bad it isn't a more user friendly coin.

kalgecin (OP)

Activity: 819
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 05:37:53 PM

Thanks for compiling for me.  I appreciate it.  I really want something that really works for CPU Cachecoin mining!

gristlelump, I've used this one without issues for a very long time (though I'm not CPU mining right now tbh).

You'll find the 2.4.0 release has binaries optimized for the various CPU versions, and both x64 & x86.
I couldn't tell if that's what you were using already or not, anyways, hope it helps.

minerd-x64-core2.exe -a scrypt-jane -o stratum+tcp://cach.catcoin.cz:3333 -u username.worker -p password -t 6 --nfmin 4 --nfmax 30 --starttime 1388949883

Happy Mining,
~ Myagui

I'll check it out an see if it solves the problems I've started having.  It doesn't look like the version of CPUminer I'm using but very close as it's optimized for a particular CPU.  I can't find the original download location for the miner executable that I'm currently using.  Searhced for it but coming up short.  None of the executables in any of the scrypt-jane CPUminers seem to match my miner.
I couldn't compile th eminer on windows. It's a pain to compile on windows Sad (feels like microsofts' intention). I'll try again when i have time

Thanks for trying.  It seems the Binary that I am curently using is for QQcoin, another scrypt-jane coin.  I believe this is the download link  https://mega.co.nz/#!yNFjQSpI!Jc-kgBttobPxvfmpSTxCeh4ecMEYn4w7i8ZZsS5Fbo4 .  It worked before and I managed some blocks and what seemed to be normal share return for some time.  It just all of a sudden stopped functioning properly. I'll try Pooler and Thirtybird that Myaqui recommended.  I'll keep you updated.  I appreciate anymore attempts you make at compiling for Win32.

It might be that their nFactor coincided with that of cachecoin for some time until a few days ago that it changed and thus making you unable to mine. Try the miner suggested by @myagui

Allright all 18 of the machines are now running the YAcoin scrypt-jane miner you and @myagui sugessted.  I had to remove the --nfmin 4 --nfmax 30 --starttime 1388949883 flags because I got instacrash when initiating the bat file.  this is what it looks like now
  minerd-x86-core2 -a scrypt-jane -o http://p2pool.cachecoin.org:8336  -u CXr9ZyLTqaZ7t4n9BC98Cj2Y91C4TmqXdn  -p x -t 2
I'm pulling work and hashing but there are no indications of accepted shares.  Can you take a look at the miners?

If the miner is not made for cach specifically, then you need at the very least the --starttime flag. The current nfactor is calculated from it. There seems to be no rejects in the logs at the moment. But your address doesn't seem to appear in the graph section
Edit: Just saw the same reject from the address. Make sure the starttime is correct

None of the CPU miners made for script including the one recommended will run the --starttime flag.  It comes up with the "unrecognized Option --starttime" error and then crashes.  Guess I'm SOL running your miner on a Win32 system.  If you, the developer, can't compile it,  then I doubt I have the skill to.  To bad it isn't a more user friendly coin.

You need to set it to mine with scrypt-jane. not scrypt. also, if the miner does not have the starttime option, verify for which coin it is. Because every scrypt-jane coin has a different starttime which affects the calculated nfactor at any given time

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

gristlelump

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 05:58:51 PM

Happy Mining,
~ Myagui

You need to set it to mine with scrypt-jane. not scrypt. also, if the miner does not have the starttime option, verify for which coin it is. Because every scrypt-jane coin has a different starttime which affects the calculated nfactor at any given time

all BAT files are flagged with -a scrypt-jane so that's not the problem.  I've tried the one you and @myagui reccomended, the CPU qqcoin/velocitycoin miners and also poolers with scrypt-jane support.  none of them will start with and of the nf or starttime flags.  If you can get any of them working please tell me how you did it because it sure doesn't work for me and without those flag i can't submit shares heres my BAT and i'm pretty sure nothing wrong with the syntax
 minerd-x86-core2 -a scrypt-jane -o http://p2pool.cachecoin.org:8336  -u CXr9ZyLTqaZ7t4n9BC98Cj2Y91C4TmqXdn  -p x -t 2 --nfmin 4 --nfmax 30 --starttime 1388949883
I'd like to know if anyone else is running a CPUminer for win32 other than your build that needs to be compiled.  If they are I'd like the download link and a BAT file to modify.

vertoe

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 08:05:06 PM

mega quote chains
kalgecin (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 08:28:03 PM

Happy Mining,
~ Myagui

all BAT files are flagged with -a scrypt-jane so that's not the problem.  I've tried the one you and @myagui reccomended, the CPU qqcoin/velocitycoin miners and also poolers with scrypt-jane support.  none of them will start with and of the nf or starttime flags.  If you can get any of them working please tell me how you did it because it sure doesn't work for me and without those flag i can't submit shares heres my BAT and i'm pretty sure nothing wrong with the syntax
 minerd-x86-core2 -a scrypt-jane -o http://p2pool.cachecoin.org:8336  -u CXr9ZyLTqaZ7t4n9BC98Cj2Y91C4TmqXdn  -p x -t 2 --nfmin 4 --nfmax 30 --starttime 1388949883
I'd like to know if anyone else is running a CPUminer for win32 other than your build that needs to be compiled.  If they are I'd like the download link and a BAT file to modify.

I just run the miner downloaded from https://github.com/Thirtybird/cpuminer/releases/download/v2.4.0/minerd-yacoin_stratum_x86_2_4_0.zip and it seems to run fine in my vm.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

gristlelump

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 09:39:36 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2014, 10:33:39 PM by gristlelump

Thanks for checking that....I've narrowed down the problem on my work computers.  It seems the virus scanner is blocking some instances of CPU miners and not others.  Unfortunatley it's blocking the Thirtybird .exe so it looks like I'm stuck using the version that won't let me use the required flags.  LucasJones is developing CPUminer-multi  which is adding Scrypt-jane support so oif it ever comes in a win32 version I may again be able to mine from these 18 computers but for now I'm stuck doing scrypt mining.  Again thanks for all the help!

kalgecin (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:36:02 AM

Thanks for checking that....I've narrowed down the problem on my work computers.  It seems the virus scanner is blocking some instances of CPU miners and not others.  Unfortunatley it's blocking the Thirtybird .exe so it looks like I'm stuck using the version that won't let me use the required flags.  LucasJones is developing CPUminer-multi  which is adding Scrypt-jane support so oif it ever comes in a win32 version I may again be able to mine from these 18 computers but for now I'm stuck doing scrypt mining.  Again thanks for all the help!
I'm pretty sure you can add exceptions to the antivirus scanner. To allow certain trusted exe to run without interference. Try and see if that helps

gristlelump

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 12:22:30 AM

I'm pretty sure you can add exceptions to the antivirus scanner. To allow certain trusted exe to run without interference. Try and see if that helps

No ADMIN pass   Tongue

jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 12:28:42 AM

Some updates that Kalgecin and our team are wrapping up after long anticipation:

The TOR integration is nearly complete, if you saw it on the test branch Cheesy should be done inside of 2 weeks for live testing on windows clients too.

The Anon method we came up with for sending coins will eliminate blockchain bloat simultaneously that is caused by ring sigs.

Our next item after these are done is to eliminate supernodes (we already have the concept started).

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
jasinlee

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 12:38:20 AM

Oh and I forgot to mention it will be open source on launch.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
vertoe

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 06:11:47 AM

Nice. This will make cachecoin more popular than darkcoin.
jasinlee

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 06:14:51 AM

True, but more importantly it will simplify the way people use coins. Cheesy And give them the security they want.

Stenull

Activity: 585

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 06:40:48 AM

Some updates that Kalgecin and our team are wrapping up after long anticipation:

The TOR integration is nearly complete, if you saw it on the test branch Cheesy should be done inside of 2 weeks for live testing on windows clients too.

The Anon method we came up with for sending coins will eliminate blockchain bloat simultaneously that is caused by ring sigs.

Our next item after these are done is to eliminate supernodes (we already have the concept started).

Nice to see some updates on this Cheesy

Change...is in the air.
You know why
jadefalke
Legendary

Activity: 1457
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 09:59:59 AM

that looks promising Wink Roll Eyes
Burninj
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 04:58:27 PM

WoW WOw Wow that is huge news!
Don007
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007

Live like there is no tomorrow!

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 09:06:23 PM

Nice! Great to hear that this coin is still in development. Let's see whether we can hit a value like we did before, and create as much users as we did before.

Keep us updated!

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

-> Your line here during my inactivity? Feel free to PM <-
kalgecin (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 10:50:01 AM

New P2Pool node setup with 0.5% fee Wink http://pool.cachecoin.org:8336/static/ This one is running on google's servers. so should be decent :-P

endlessskill

Activity: 531

AMD | Mining | NVIDIA

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:03:06 PM

Nice! Great to hear that this coin is still in development. Let's see whether we can hit a value like we did before, and create as much users as we did before.

Keep us updated!
+ million dude! Great coin.
RobFordWotWot

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

time

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 03:16:49 PM

Woah. Tor integration should make Dark look like childsplay.

Horses in midstream.
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 »
  Print  

Jump to: