Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:58:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1052964 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
kavka3

Activity: 71
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:35:33 PM

My new signature  Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ctenc001

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 07:40:31 PM

One idea to draw more attention to this coin is to accept many types of currency but only offer the discounts to NobleCoin purchases! =D
siikfo

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:44:09 PM

why do the steam gift cards cost more than the actual value?

Jiyome

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:48:46 PM

One idea to draw more attention to this coin is to accept many types of currency but only offer the discounts to NobleCoin purchases! =D

Hooo sneaky Smiley

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4892

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 08:22:12 PM

Hooo sneaky Smiley

I really like this Idea!

BTW just had some fun boosted the price from 110 to 121.

Also killed a GPU last night Sad

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
cdg1941

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 08:24:10 PM

I have a question for Rofo or any other knowledgeable developers in the crypto community:

Does the 1 block difficulty retarget have any detriments?  I think it is the most fair and balanced system for mining difficulty, so I was wondering why don't other major cryptos do this?  Is there some sort of risk or detriment to having it retarget every block? 

Answers would be greatly appreciated.  Smiley

well, i am not a developer, just an observer, but you have stumbled onto a topic that i have noticed, many developers try to avoid.

i do have a couple of theories though.

the 1 block difficulty change acts ( in a way) like the kimoto gravity well ( which i have seen other coins use as a gimmick to gain exposure). which as you pointed out is immensely advantageous in regards of discouraging multipools from popping the difficulty up and then leaving all of us to deal with it for another 300 blocks.

however i am beginning to think that that may be the very reason as to why other coins are not implementing such a method. most coins are more interested in " getting the difficulty up" in order to garner attention and thus TEMPORARY adoption. thus guaranteeing that their coin will only be a viable option for a short time while gaining as much value from the miners and exchanges as possible before bailing and taking their " winnings".

i'm sure that you too, have noticed the seemingly primary desire to get onto craptsy. and for the most part craptsy looks at total volume and DIFFICULTY of said coin, when considering as to add said coin to the exchange ( nevermind the bribe [ 4BTC worth of said coin] that all devs pay to be added). this is because the common view is, if the difficulty is up then so is the value. while not taking into account TEMPORARY jumps in network hash rate, which can be manipulated, that increases the difficulty level of said coin.

so in short, of a number of theories that i have regarding the matter, this one seems to be the most profitable for the development team. especially since an number of shitcoins developers have been discovered to have built huge rigs for this very reason. ( to jack up difficulty and network hash rate) in order to gain attention and access to the PUMP AND DUMP exchanges.

and for reasons such as this ( there are more) i personally loath the idea of calling Noble a coin, it is a currency with an amazing dev team and an equally amazing community behind it.

NOBLECOIN                 NobleCoin Marketplace Beta NOW LIVE!    

noblecoin: 9jgw7GbHzLQ2pRjpu7yWbP8VrShSxvG89F
damnation

Activity: 98

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=434996.0

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 08:24:19 PM

Hooo sneaky Smiley

I really like this Idea!

that was YOU!!
damn it i had a buy order at 108

♔ PrimeDice : The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
Noble:9ZQo8HaeCjporC7T4PFgVcqzXc5KLyGrnV
LOT: LzUoeyakB8DRoHgqMgHSWMzipW5Nr63zkg
BTC: 1EiY4FqGbbfL6VUhiVLe8Z5R7BVVyyLTmw
LTC: LaGJ2utSYG4bhQ882mJ8QkS1bq45p25vcD
ctenc001

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 08:31:09 PM

I have a question for Rofo or any other knowledgeable developers in the crypto community:

Does the 1 block difficulty retarget have any detriments?  I think it is the most fair and balanced system for mining difficulty, so I was wondering why don't other major cryptos do this?  Is there some sort of risk or detriment to having it retarget every block? 

well, i am not a developer, just an observer, but you have stumbled onto a topic that i have noticed, many developers try to avoid.

the 1 block difficulty change acts ( in a way) like the kimoto gravity well ( which i have seen other coins use as a gimmick to gain exposure). which as you pointed out is immensely advantageous in regards of discouraging multipools from popping the difficulty up and then leaving all of us to deal with it for another 300 blocks.

however i am beginning to think that that may be the very reason as to why other coins are not implementing such a method. most coins are more interested in " getting the difficulty up" in order to garner attention and thus TEMPORARY adoption. thus guaranteeing that their coin will only be a viable option for a short time while gaining as much value from the miners and exchanges as possible before bailing and taking their " winnings".

i'm sure that you too, have noticed the seemingly primary desire to get onto craptsy. and for the most part craptsy looks at total volume and DIFFICULTY of said coin, when considering as to add said coin to the exchange ( nevermind the bribe [ 4BTC worth of said coin] that all devs pay to be added). this is because the common view is, if the difficulty is up then so is the value. while not taking into account TEMPORARY jumps in network hash rate, which can be manipulated, that increases the difficulty level of said coin.

so in short, of a number of theories that i have regarding the matter, this one seems to be the most profitable for the development team. especially since an number of shitcoins developers have been discovered to have built huge rigs for this very reason. ( to jack up difficulty and network hash rate) in order to gain attention and access to the PUMP AND DUMP exchanges.

and for reasons such as this ( there are more) i personally loath the idea of calling Noble a coin, it is a currency with an amazing dev team and an equally amazing community behind it.
From what I can gather, the only real 'con' is that if two blocks are found way faster than they should have been, it could launch the difficulty up crazy high. Say two blocks are found near simultaneously, the following block could theoretically be too high for the coins current hash rate to find. It hasn't happened yet and seems extremely unlikely though. and I could be way off base =x
blade87

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 08:40:19 PM

Definitely a good idea. I'd start with just BTC for stability reasons, and then consider adding DOGE for the advertising aspect. I'm sure a lot of shibes have no clue what NobleCoin even is. But lots of shibes there are!  Both of these bring in traffic, but seeing discounts for NOBL would mean more BTC and even DOGE traded for it. Grin

I'm going to buy some stickers later today. Need some minted physical Nobles on there as well!
damnation

Activity: 98

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=434996.0

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 08:50:18 PM

Thats a valid hypothesis.. i would like to add my own speculation as well..

for the most part coins are clones of other successful coins. So in quite a few cases.. adjusting difficulty is not something within a dev's ability.

I believe its because the ALT coin market.. is still young and as such is constantly evolving.. it was fine at the start for say bitcoin,litecoin to have a large block retarget setting because those were pretty much your options but we have a constant wave of new coins which means everyone tends to split their mining constantly looking to increase their portfolio..  but if you look at the coinwarz you will notice very few coins with high difficulty.. even WDC was around a 50 range difficulty at most...

the combination of btc hitting $1200 and Doge with its 1 million block reward basically shattered the system... everyone wants to get rich so they get in and mine a new coin at start.. to get the early adopters bonus.. i have observed that the coins which get hampered the most with high difficulty are usually coins which offer million coin block rewards.. the reason being everyone wants to own a few million... just in case it increases in value.. the whole numbers game of having a million coins down the line could make a huge difference in your portfolio. look at meow.. it traded at 1 satoshi since mid-december till it got pumped recently and hit a high of 115 on coinedup... buying 0.1 btc or 10M Meow would have netted you 10 btc selling at 100... in a period of 1.5 months.

Another issue is the case of multipools... with more and more choices coming to the market every week.. People are getting tired of trying to vet a new coin.. instead.. they send their hashrates to a multipool and leave the decision of most profitable coin to mine to others.. sure you pay 4% but at least you wont get stuck on a lousy investment..

The sad part is... one common factor is Laziness... Everyone wants maximum rewards for minimal effort... Dev is too lazy to implement 1 block retarget ( i specifically hate a coin which announces a bounty for first working Windows/MacOsX/Linux wallet).. Investors are too lazy to spend the time to research factors such as... the block rewards and its relationship to price and difficulty, community support, etc.. I keep seeing new players who immediately come in with their first post declaring... Coin is dead. Doge brought a lot of outside attention but it also bought in a lot of players looking for a quick payoff.. in other words.. if they dont turnover 1 btc on a 0.01 investment in 2-3 days.. it means.. the coin failed..

♔ PrimeDice : The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
Noble:9ZQo8HaeCjporC7T4PFgVcqzXc5KLyGrnV
LOT: LzUoeyakB8DRoHgqMgHSWMzipW5Nr63zkg
BTC: 1EiY4FqGbbfL6VUhiVLe8Z5R7BVVyyLTmw
LTC: LaGJ2utSYG4bhQ882mJ8QkS1bq45p25vcD
cdg1941

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 08:57:30 PM

From what I can gather, the only real 'con' is that if two blocks are found way faster than they should have been, it could launch the difficulty up crazy high. Say two blocks are found near simultaneously, the following block could theoretically be too high for the coins current hash rate to find. It hasn't happened yet and seems extremely unlikely though. and I could be way off base =x

i wasn't commenting on the occasional fluke block findings.

i was simply referencing a number of complaints that i have come across while looking at the competition. also that is assuming that every other coin out their only has a difficulty averaging lookback of 2. i could be  wrong but this seems unlikely. i also believe that a number of us have witnessed ourselves, some of the inexplicable movements with certain coins ( no all). granted not all can be explained with my theory above, but as i said it was one theory, and it was in the specific context of the 1 block difficulty recalculation. do i think that that theory applies to all coins? NO, that would be preposterous. but it would stand to reason that a number of dev teams would take advantage of longer difficulty recalculation requirements. and as far are the issues with cryptsy? most people that i have had the pleasure of conversing with, or just reading their comments and conversations in chat boxes, have all made the connection between cryptsy and PUMP AND DUMP hype coins. many of which have seen their difficulty and network hash rates skyrocket, only to have the dev team disperser once the network hashrate and thus difficulty drops.

cdg1941

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 09:21:29 PM

Damnation..... trying to continue our common line of thinking regarding quotes  Grin Grin Grin

i understand and agree with your comments about clone coins...

but in regards to the difficulty numbers on coinwars, very few coins get above a difficulty above 50 for a sustained length of time, you are correct.

but that is not really necessary for my theory to be plausible, since most Alt-coins don't get onto coinwars ( which says a whole lot about Noble), and we can see for ourselves ( with the ups and downs of our own difficulty rates) that a difficulty rate of 15 ( in our case a hashrate of over 1.7 GH/s) is sufficient enough to gain more consideration and attention from other miners as well as cryptsy.

and the multipools and megaminers, that mine and raise the difficulty rates, once the profit margin crosses a certain threshold ( varies with each miner and multipool) they leave. and during that time of high volume ( since most use an auto-sell bot) it creates a situation ( which is very predictable) in which any dev team that accounted for such an event, and planned accordingly, can make out like bandits and disappear. which i think we can agree most of us have seen at some point in the last 6 weeks.

i'm not saying that i'm right about this, all i saying is that, with proper planning, such an action is more than likely to occur at some point, if it hasn't happened already.

but as far as the 1 block difficulty readjustment v. the kimoto gravity well. the kimoto gravity well would require the dev team to have some knowlege in order to implement it. since it would stand to reason that it would be just as easy and effective to change the lookback to 1 block, it would stand to reason that it is being used as a gimmick, in order to gain trust amongst the mining community

*** while keeping in mind that the 1 block lookback was only implemented with Noble after a number of ( looking back at it) fortuitous incidences****

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4892

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 10:06:30 PM

Hooo sneaky Smiley

I really like this Idea!

that was YOU!!
damn it i had a buy order at 108

LOL!!! me 2 all night and got sick of it. Figured dead GPU I have to do something. Smiley

So I ripped gpu out and threw in one from the other system and it turns out that it's no the card. I think the pci-e slot went bad, even hooked up a dedicated PC power and cooling silent 750 direct just to rule out the other pc power cooling psu. Wish they never sold, best ps's ever.

so I may have to get new board. @!@@#$.

Loving this doge Push!!!

dif is back down just wish i had the new card i just bought working! I just threw the cpu and htpc 8800gs into the mix (.5 kh/s per watt!!! Smiley)

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 10:11:55 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2014, 10:22:22 PM by Rofo

why do the steam gift cards cost more than the actual value?

All resellers have to buy and sell the Steam Wallet Codes at a markup unfortunately - if you check the prices around for anywhere besides direct Steam CC you'll see ours are pretty competitive. Edit: If we're shown to be overly wrong about that - we'll work closer with the merchant to get some bulk/discount if possible once we know the demand to get the prices more competitive.

GBattaglia

Activity: 735
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 10:13:41 PM

Marketplace is looking great.  

Thanks to everyone who has responded regarding the difficulty algorithm. 
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 10:54:20 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2014, 11:11:12 PM by Rofo

CoinPayments enabled - low Amazon/Steam Wallet Code stock available - will progressively add today depending on demand. We're manually screening for bot/email (we've seen the emails and accounts getting ready for it) spam gobbling up the items at this point so please don't try it. Smiley

edit: First round of orders sent. Smiley

ZBBBB

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 11:05:52 PM

CoinPayments enabled - low Amazon/Steam Wallet Code stock available - will progressively add today depending on demand. We're manually screening for bot/email (we've seen the emails and accounts getting ready for it) spam gobbling up the items at this point so please don't try it. Smiley

WOHOOO!
Tweek

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

CoinTweak profitability charts

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 11:07:21 PM

Hey guys,

If you like the service I have provided with http://CoinTweak.com could you leave a message in the thread I made to promote the website?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=460884

joelao95
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1009

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 11:13:54 PM

This coins looks very promising. However, why its cap is only 606 BTC, also no boost at all after getting on coinmarketcap.com?? Just wondering if this is the best time of buying?

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
Coin Source : Trust Verified    [ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ]
  ♓.NΣTWORK-DΣPΣNDΣNT  RΣWARDING SYSTΣM  ※ 
  ANN THREAD MAGIPAY FAQ FORUM
.CPU Mining   PoS-II   PoM   Unique Block Reward 
ctenc001

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 11:15:51 PM

This coins looks very promising. However, why its cap is only 606 BTC, also no boost at all after getting on coinmarketcap.com?? Just wondering if this is the best time of buying?

This coin hasn't been pumped like most. instead its shown steady growth with no real jump or drop in value =)

The official market place is launching any minute now.
I'd say its the perfect time to buy in.
amazon Gift cards at 10% is what im most excited about!
Pages: « 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: