Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:41:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 [179] 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1052963 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ctenc001

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 06:59:40 PM

ctenc? when will your issue be resolved?

I have still not been paid the last two days of mining at your place.. while i dont really mind waiting...

I would like to have an ETA on solution... as its very disturbing to see 0 unconfirmed

I understand the concerns and sincerely apologize for the delay.
Hopefully within the next 2-3 hours it will be up. I was unable to resolve this rather odd issue myself, and so I am having a friend who has experienced and fixed this issue before check it out this afternoon =)
If the issue is not resolved soon, I will manually pay you out.

Again, all coins are safe and will be paid out as soon as pool is fixed.

In the cryptoworld I know 2 days of no payouts is practically forever; I appreciate the trust and patience you have shown me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kresu

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:09:42 PM

Very nice and refreshing update of the homepage graphics!

However on 1920x1080 it scales up too big and every time I enter the site, head and wings of the eagle, and now also the text below, are cut off from the picture.
I have to resize whole FF window to see the whole thing. I guess the scaling has to be blocked from a point or sth.

Any any other way — good job, seniores Noble Devs!

Oh, is it possible to define two or even more "regions" on this picture and make them act as two or three different links?

hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:43:16 PM

+1 to "Update the start page"
As a user I insist. Only this one (landing, or Home page).
The one where people land when they click "NobleCoin" in our sigs or from other places.

It has to be simpler. I'd say, even minimalistic.
Many people don't read these days and they tend to retreat when they see too much info available.

So make it only 4 simple objects (not five):

For example bright BIG COLORFUL ICONS on dark (black) background (with arrows or road signs or anything — anyone good at Photoshop or GIMP?)
 *  "Where to MINE"?  (arrow down)
 *  "Where to SHOP online using Noble, BTC, LTC?" (arrow up)
 *  "Where to learn the BASICS of crypto and how to START?" (right arrow)
 *  "Where to READ more about Noble development" (left arrow)

No more than 4 choices, believe me, 5 it's too many (for a landing page). Wink
And nothing more. Ok. That's my +1 on that idea.

This is actually very solid thinking. This kind of change will actually provide infrastructure to entice those who aren't all into the cryptocurrency scene.

It may be best to stop trying to get so much of a share of those in the crypto-community and instead branch out to a different demographic. And the only way to do that is to develop tools to communicate more effectively with those who don't know a lot about cryptocurrencies.

Personally, if we are going to branch out to that type of demographic, we don't want to muddy the waters by talking about mining (they'll probably not be interested in that). And really, we can lump that in with the Basics about cryptocurrencies.

We should have one about Noble, the devs, and the community. And the "Where to MINE" should instead emphasize on the good works that Noble are working on (charities, community involvement, and positive projects). This can also be linked to news surrounding Noble.

Those are just my thoughts though...
Camilio

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Geister?! Geister?! Geister???!! Weißbroooot!

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 08:09:12 PM

I am quite long in the altcoin community and slowly I am beginning.... to hate most of them.
This post is dedicated to the last 2 - 3 months.
We see sh*tcoins but with a relatively huge community, bringing no innovations, but skyrocketing. Coins with epic mega fail launches and ignoring the community get very famous or coins that offer nothing new and are nothing more than clones are going to the moon. Coins with nearly the same specifications but just other name get so much attention. (I don´t want to name the coins)

over the past months I learned, that the most profitable coins (for now) have following points:
- "Cool" name or nice logo
- Overhyping
- Coins compared with famous persons. (ok not all. Greetins to kanye Wink )
- Just of hoping they get to the moon because of pump and dump

Especially the 4th aspect is imo very dangerous for the entire crypto-scene. "Pump and Dump" coins get usually very fast to exchanges. Miners dump them for a high price --> unexperienced people buying these --> the coin fails/people realise that the coins have no value --> People lose confidence in altcoins or generally cryptocurrency. It is not happening with one strike but more over a long-term period.

On the other side very few coins with new features become popular, for example Vertcoin, but unfortunately these get dumped very fast.
So, why are the "Next Generation Coins" (by that I mean coins with real features, developments or just preety good devs) getting ignored by the cryptocoin scene?

Noblecoin is one of them with a preety good crew of devs which are constantly developing. I think, I don´t need to list the features  Grin.
But when you offer criticism of how bad or badly a coin is developed you often get to hear "You just regret it not to jumped onto the train" or "You are just jealous because you didn´t get enough earlier"

I really get desperated by seeing the effects of mass psychology because I was thinking that people couldn´t be so dumb. They are buying without really knowing a coin more just because of other irrelevant points.
I´ve read many times:
"I like the name, I am mining this"
"Man, this coin comes from a famous person, it must go through the rooooof!"
ect..

But I´ve never read:
"This coin has really new things to offer, I am mining this"
"Man, this coin has potential to become big BECAUSE it fixes all (the most/few) issues of Bitcoin"

Maybe I am seeing things too black and yes maybe I am writing wrong things but that is exactly what I had to experience.

Please don´t understand this as an hater post but in my opinion cryptocurrency isn´t having the continuous progression as it supposed to have. At the moment it is more like making quick money. The bad things like bubbles, toxic bonds and of course pump and dump are swapping in crypto area.

Ps: I still believe in Noblecoin and the other serious coins. I just wanted to share my thoughts with you Smiley
cdg1941

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 08:32:51 PM

I am quite long in the altcoin community and slowly I am beginning.... to hate most of them.
We see sh*tcoins but with a relatively huge community, bringing no innovations, but skyrocketing. Coins with epic mega fail launches and ignoring the community get very famous or coins that offer nothing new and are nothing more than clones are going to the moon. Coins with nearly the same specifications but just other name get so much attention. (I don´t want to name the coins)

over the past months I learned, that the most profitable coins (for now) have following points:
- Overhyping

Especially the 4th aspect is imo very dangerous for the entire crypto-scene. "Pump and Dump" coins get usually very fast to exchanges. Miners dump them for a high price --> unexperienced people buying these --> the coin fails/people realise that the coins have no value --> People lose confidence in altcoins or generally cryptocurrency. It is not happening with one strike but more over a long-term period.

On the other side very few coins with new features become popular, for example Vertcoin, but unfortunately these get dumped very fast.
So, why are the "Next Generation Coins" (by that I mean coins with real features, developments or just preety good devs) getting ignored by the cryptocoin scene?

Noblecoin is one of them with a preety good crew of devs which are constantly developing. I think, I don´t need to list the features  Grin.
But when you offer criticism of how bad or badly a coin is developed you often get to hear "You just regret it not to jumped onto the train" or "You are just jealous because you didn´t get enough earlier"

I really get desperated by seeing the effects of mass psychology because I was thinking that people couldn´t be so dumb. They are buying without really knowing a coin more just because of other irrelevant points.
I´ve read many times:
ect..

But I´ve never read:
"Man, this coin has potential to become big BECAUSE it fixes all (the most/few) issues of Bitcoin"

Maybe I am seeing things too black and yes maybe I am writing wrong things but that is exactly what I had to experience.

Please don´t understand this as an hater post but in my opinion cryptocurrency isn´t having the continuous progression as it supposed to have. At the moment it is more like making quick money. The bad things like bubbles, toxic bonds and of course pump and dump are swapping in crypto area.

Ps: I still believe in Noblecoin and the other serious coins. I just wanted to share my thoughts with you Smiley

i understand how you feel, i'm sure most of us do.

i also think that most of your commentary ( within the entire crypto community) will fall onto deaf ears... remember, a good number of these people are ( i'm sorry to say) american. you know the morons that elected obama not once but twice, based ( for the most part) on a bumper-sticker campaign. not to mention that whenever he said anything that should have scared the hell out of them, the people just dismissed it in order to be part of the cult of personality that the media created around him. many of these people still defend him simply because they can not admit that they were wrong.

not trying to disparage you just stating an obvious observation, in regards to not thinking that anyone is this stupid. for instance, if one was to look at the MOON market at coinex, one would notice how easy it would be for everyone to make a massive amount of profit, all they would have to do is cancel their sell orders, so that there is less than .007 satoshi, in each bracket, the drop in resistance ( as well as the perpetuate greed of the human race) would shoot the price up with a total of 1 BTC investment, then after it drops, do it all over again. but people are to stupid to realize that, and just to greedy to think ahead or to involve anyone else, in order to make the venture more of a success. keeping in mind that the MOON dev team is working with NASA at the moment to help send kids to spacecamp. the dev team honestly did try to do some good in the world, however, the juvenile minds and infantile reasoning skills have crippled MOON as a currency, and mostly as a result of being added to craptsy almost instantly.

NOBLECOIN                 NobleCoin Marketplace Beta NOW LIVE!    

noblecoin: 9jgw7GbHzLQ2pRjpu7yWbP8VrShSxvG89F
cdg1941

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 08:53:55 PM

also, i'm not sure how ....

but we really need a way to establish valuation without being tied to BTC

any ideas?

TheTribesman
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003

Kobocoin - Mobile Money for Africa

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 09:12:54 PM

- Overhyping

Noblecoin is one of them with a preety good crew of devs which are constantly developing. I think, I don´t need to list the features  Grin.

I´ve read many times:
ect..

But I´ve never read:

i also think that most of your commentary ( within the entire crypto community) will fall onto deaf ears... remember, a good number of these people are ( i'm sorry to say) american. you know the morons that elected obama not once but twice, based ( for the most part) on a bumper-sticker campaign. not to mention that whenever he said anything that should have scared the hell out of them, the people just dismissed it in order to be part of the cult of personality that the media created around him. many of these people still defend him simply because they can not admit that they were wrong.

not trying to disparage you just stating an obvious observation, in regards to not thinking that anyone is this stupid. for instance, if one was to look at the MOON market at coinex, one would notice how easy it would be for everyone to make a massive amount of profit, all they would have to do is cancel their sell orders, so that there is less than .007 satoshi, in each bracket, the drop in resistance ( as well as the perpetuate greed of the human race) would shoot the price up with a total of 1 BTC investment, then after it drops, do it all over again. but people are to stupid to realize that, and just to greedy to think ahead or to involve anyone else, in order to make the venture more of a success. keeping in mind that the MOON dev team is working with NASA at the moment to help send kids to spacecamp. the dev team honestly did try to do some good in the world, however, the juvenile minds and infantile reasoning skills have crippled MOON as a currency, and mostly as a result of being added to craptsy almost instantly.

I agree. Also, this really is like the early days of the gold rush in California, so don't get too despondent. Some people are into altcoins to get rich quick. After the rush, the people who remain will profit over time I believe. My only fear is that because it is miners who keep a coin alive, if it becomes unprofitable and miners leave en-masse then how will the transactions be processed? That will be the death of the decentralized financial system.

I'm not really worried about the madness that sometimes goes on. I'm a miner. I look at it this way: It is like a car. The general public will be sitting in the cabin surrounded by luxury and music and fabric or  leather. We here are the engine, running gear and exhaust. It's loud, oily, and hot, and the general public don't really want to get anywhere near it. The madness here can continue as long as the cabin is prepared for the general public and is shielded from the engine. I hope that doesn't sound too blase.

sofaking

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 09:44:29 PM

any ideas?
We have marketplace (tnx devs). So we need to expand real goods assortment and improve promoting. We are on our way.
Sooner or later we'll be able to sell all the goods for NOBL/FIAT. And then for NOBL only! Brand new world  Smiley I want to believe  Cool
cdg1941

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 09:48:52 PM

- Overhyping

I´ve read many times:
ect..

But I´ve never read:

I agree. Also, this really is like the early days of the gold rush in California, so don't get too despondent. Some people are into altcoins to get rich quick. After the rush, the people who remain will profit over time I believe. My only fear is that because it is miners who keep a coin alive, if it becomes unprofitable and miners leave en-masse then how will the transactions be processed? That will be the death of the decentralized financial system.

I'm not really worried about the madness that sometimes goes on. I'm a miner. I look at it this way: It is like a car. The general public will be sitting in the cabin surrounded by luxury and music and fabric or  leather. We here are the engine, running gear and exhaust. It's loud, oily, and hot, and the general public don't really want to get anywhere near it. The madness here can continue as long as the cabin is prepared for the general public and is shielded from the engine. I hope that doesn't sound too blase.

i know that it is a little off base, but your comment reminded me of a quote from a book

" .... the engine of the world..."

kresu

Activity: 326

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 10:30:43 PM

Just testing a sig, sorry if interrupting...

But yes, I totally agree with you — it's a Wild Wild West but in a digital, connected world.
hellscabane
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 10:53:05 PM

any ideas?
Unfortunately, I can only think of two ways to establish valuation: tied to fiat (but you need an exchange that goes from NOBLE -> Fiat, and therein lies the problem. Only a few places are financially approved to trade crypto to fiat and back and they either deal in BTC or XRP...), or tied to another crypto (in this case we use BTC since it has the most infrastructure and the largest market).
miKnutty

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 11:11:02 PM

Just testing a sig, sorry if interrupting...

But yes, I totally agree with you — it's a Wild Wild West but in a digital, connected world.

Hey can you link the sig data kresu? thanks!
CharityMiningPools

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 11:23:56 PM

Please add us to the list of pools!  NOBLECOIN just added! Happy Mining!

CharityMiningPools.com - Mining for Change!

First 50 miners to sign up and mine for a minimum of 24 hours will receive 0% Pool Fees for the life of their account on the specific Mining Pool they signup and mine at.

All Donations collected for the month of February will goto the BitGive Foundation.
http://bitgivefoundation.org/

Current Coin Pools:
DOGECOIN = https://doge.charityminingpools.com
EARTHCOIN = https://eac.charityminingpools.com
LITECOIN = https://ltc.charityminingpools.com
LOTTOCOIN = https://lot.charityminingpools.com
NOBLECOIN = https://nobl.charityminingpools.com
STARCOIN = https://str.charityminingpools.com
WORLDCOIN = https://wdc.charityminingpools.com
MORE TO COME!

Who Are We?
CharityMiningPools was created to allow miners the ability to mine coins while still knowing that their hashing power is going towards something good.  Our goal is to provide a positive and reliable service while delivering a small portion of the proceeds to a deserving recipient.  Plans are in the works to allow individual miners to choose where they would like to donate to based on a pool of available recipients.

How Does This Work?
All coins minded at CharityMiningPools will require a mandatory 0.5% Donation fee.  This donation fee will be collected and donated to the designated charitable recipient for that given month.  Though we only require a minimum 0.5% Donation fee, we welcome and encourage our miners to raise the stakes and donate more to a good cause.

CharityMiningPools.com - Donate to Charity While you Mine!
BTC: 1AytEqfVYAywzM1BAKdjZWyjdiok8LgGeS     LTC: LWVPLBniwxBbEizjbe2Ab98Vubq18QGTBt
DOGE: DK4VKsA8kdVbZ2dc2CjNCsEPiPa8a2SF6B     NOTE: DrADbGTxvp4jbDFVgnwTiqk5vbAvqq2xi9
miKnutty

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 11:31:19 PM

Please add us to the list of pools!  NOBLECOIN just added! Happy Mining!

CharityMiningPools.com - Mining for Change!

First 50 miners to sign up and mine for a minimum of 24 hours will receive 0% Pool Fees for the life of their account on the specific Mining Pool they signup and mine at.

All Donations collected for the month of February will goto the BitGive Foundation.
http://bitgivefoundation.org/

Current Coin Pools:
DOGECOIN = https://doge.charityminingpools.com
EARTHCOIN = https://eac.charityminingpools.com
LITECOIN = https://ltc.charityminingpools.com
LOTTOCOIN = https://lot.charityminingpools.com
NOBLECOIN = https://nobl.charityminingpools.com
STARCOIN = https://str.charityminingpools.com
WORLDCOIN = https://wdc.charityminingpools.com
MORE TO COME!

Who Are We?
CharityMiningPools was created to allow miners the ability to mine coins while still knowing that their hashing power is going towards something good.  Our goal is to provide a positive and reliable service while delivering a small portion of the proceeds to a deserving recipient.  Plans are in the works to allow individual miners to choose where they would like to donate to based on a pool of available recipients.

How Does This Work?
All coins minded at CharityMiningPools will require a mandatory 0.5% Donation fee.  This donation fee will be collected and donated to the designated charitable recipient for that given month.  Though we only require a minimum 0.5% Donation fee, we welcome and encourage our miners to raise the stakes and donate more to a good cause.

Glad to have you guys on board. I will have to start mining there shortly!
damnation

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=434996.0

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 11:36:32 PM

any ideas?
Unfortunately, I can only think of two ways to establish valuation: tied to fiat (but you need an exchange that goes from NOBLE -> Fiat, and therein lies the problem. Only a few places are financially approved to trade crypto to fiat and back and they either deal in BTC or XRP...), or tied to another crypto (in this case we use BTC since it has the most infrastructure and the largest market).

well its not necessarily true in the sense that there are other option to handle Fiat payments.. We cant go the credit card route just yet..
But plenty of options are in place. Edit* Though we would have to look at other certain legal aspects.

I do think cdg has an interesting point. How would we institute a value to NOBL which is not tied to BTC? Hype aside.. we cant arbitrarily decide that "Noble is worth $1 a coin". nice as it would be if that was true we have many steps to cover before we get there.

The way i see it we are at the the door. As time passes we will end up seeing more and more services. Services create demand. Don't forget the value of an item is decided by what another is willing to pay for it.

Here's an idea to establish value... court certain new exchanges for  ?/Noble pairing. Why because that improves circulation and will slowly allow Noble to stand out and on its own as stable base currency.  Marketplace could form a sort of pseudo-escrow service allowing ppl to buy and sell coins for Noble. Kind of like Coin-swap.net. While i can appreciate the idea of allowing multiple currencies at the marketplace we should bear in mind our first focus is in furthering the Noble Movement.

Though our best bet would be cryptorush.in. We should likely avoid it for now as they have way to many balls and its going to collapse at the rate its going. Best BTC,LTC and doge pairing. they have already instituted POT,BEER and DGC as new base currencies. and while i can somewhat understand DGC. Pot and beer baffle me.

♔ PrimeDice : The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
Noble:9ZQo8HaeCjporC7T4PFgVcqzXc5KLyGrnV
LOT: LzUoeyakB8DRoHgqMgHSWMzipW5Nr63zkg
BTC: 1EiY4FqGbbfL6VUhiVLe8Z5R7BVVyyLTmw
LTC: LaGJ2utSYG4bhQ882mJ8QkS1bq45p25vcD
miKnutty

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 11:51:09 PM

Hey guys,

Now that we're almost 5 weeks old and at a point where one of the few options for growth (besides an expanding Marketplace and further potential long-term developments with The Water Project (some good talks - nothing 100% confirmed but fingers crossed)) is getting listed on the larger exchanges and the publicity/investment it brings, we would like to push again. It also doesn't feel right that we're now on coinmarketcap.com & CoinWarz but not a larger 'recognised' exchange.

You can vote and comment on our Cryptsy thread here: https://cryptsy.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/64011

You can vote for us and comment for Coinedup here: http://www.reddit.com/r/CoinedUp/comments/1ut56y/add_please_noblecoin_nobl/

I believe you can request NobleCoin for CoinEx here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=265277.0 (if there's another way please let me know)

Mintpal can be voted on here regularly: http://www.mintpal.com/voting

Feel free to hit up your favourite exchanges also as well as the new ones - the more we're out there the better.

Let's get the word out. Coinmarket.io has been amazing and I wouldn't want to leave them behind completely - they kept us alive during a period where new coins were getting ignored by larger exchanges (well some weren't ignored, but we see where they are now). It's probably about time though we reach a little higher.

Cheers.

Votes votes! Cheesy
ctenc001

Activity: 910

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 12:42:43 AM

any ideas?

well its not necessarily true in the sense that there are other option to handle Fiat payments.. We cant go the credit card route just yet..
But plenty of options are in place. Edit* Though we would have to look at other certain legal aspects.

I do think cdg has an interesting point. How would we institute a value to NOBL which is not tied to BTC? Hype aside.. we cant arbitrarily decide that "Noble is worth $1 a coin". nice as it would be if that was true we have many steps to cover before we get there.

The way i see it we are at the the door. As time passes we will end up seeing more and more services. Services create demand. Don't forget the value of an item is decided by what another is willing to pay for it.

Here's an idea to establish value... court certain new exchanges for  ?/Noble pairing. Why because that improves circulation and will slowly allow Noble to stand out and on its own as stable base currency.  Marketplace could form a sort of pseudo-escrow service allowing ppl to buy and sell coins for Noble. Kind of like Coin-swap.net. While i can appreciate the idea of allowing multiple currencies at the marketplace we should bear in mind our first focus is in furthering the Noble Movement.

Though our best bet would be cryptorush.in. We should likely avoid it for now as they have way to many balls and its going to collapse at the rate its going. Best BTC,LTC and doge pairing. they have already instituted POT,BEER and DGC as new base currencies. and while i can somewhat understand DGC. Pot and beer baffle me.
If the devs started selling amazon cards for a flat X noble instead of having the amount of noble depend on btc and current exchange rate, the value of the coin would follow. IDK how long they could keep it up, but if it draws enough attention and expands our overall community to reflect the new rate, it could hypothetically draw a line in the sand and say noble is worth X amount.
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 01:00:48 AM
Last edit: February 14, 2014, 06:41:35 AM by Rofo

After quite a heated discussion last night this is our stance on fiat (at this point) and private selling of cards for fiat (or noble for that matter – as fiat/credit card is still required to receive the bought Amazon card). It is an IRC convo I have pulled together - feel free to keep discussion going and PM me, but there is a lot to it.

'Just a heads up, with BTC being enabled (with profits going to purchasing noble) and amazon.cn getting added shortly the bulk of this is in some ways addressed. I’m sorry I lost my cool but the amount of heat on us at the moment is ridiculous. As well as my own reporting for regulatory and tax reasons we already appear like were acting as an unofficial money laundering business if someone wants to be critical and assume we’re doing the wrong. We aren’t, but as you can see with all the arrests lately we have to stay as public and professional as is possible in this current scene, with easy to track payments, accounts and orders for anything FIAT related.

If I purchase Amazon cards from international individuals (with either fiat or Noble), the amount of CC fraud (the same as hit our Water Project) means many of the codes are reversed before they are redeemed with no way of retrieving Noble or cash. *I could wait for the codes to sell to confirm it, but even then they can still be 'reported' and reversed if not spent/item not shipped, and if someone has to wait a week for the code to sell and the price plummets or soars - we're now dealing with an entirely different situation.* It also means I’m directly dealing with individuals I don’t know who could be up to anything, rather than buying through single Amazon official regional channels only – to make things easier for tracking and record-keeping. There is a lot more to this than simply opening a WooCommerce store and enabling CoinPayments – I don’t deny that part is easy. The problem is the crypto scene (especially at the moment). PMs and dealing with everyone takes up the bulk of the time, dealing with DDOS attacks, account & order spams, bot spam, covering exchange rates and making sure we can trade Marketplace items internationally and legally.

I apologise if immediate expectations aren’t met, we want to grow this coin and we’re doing a damn lot more than most – but because we are public, because we are legit and because we want to stick around we have to be careful and do things ‘properly’. The last thing I want is to be another figure scrutinized and thrown in jail for 'shady' practices. Crypto is publicly, indirectly ‘accepted’ by Australian law (bitlegal.com also shows it positively). We just have to keep things simple, above table, on the books and pay any taxes on my account and credit card, or extreme heat is on me. Again I apologise for swearing and getting worked up (it was 2am here) - I'm up late and we are doing a lot of work here.'

The second fiat is involved there is regulation, investigation, licensing, huge fees and reporting - any coin that does and has thrown this term around you need to take a critical look at what they are 'sprouting' (it's easier to BS when you're anonymous and have no intent to stick around) and the reality of the situation. There are a lot of angles and things to consider when working here at the moment – don’t think we are ignoring you or brushing aside suggestions. We take everything mentioned, look at it from different angles, and prioritise what we feel offers the best potential for amount of work required.

Cheers.

hellscabane
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 01:34:49 AM

After quite a heated discussion last night this is our stance on fiat (at this point) and private selling of cards for fiat (or noble for that matter – as fiat/credit card is still required to receive the bought Amazon card). It is an IRC convo I have pulled together - feel free to keep discussion going and PM me, but there is a lot to it.

'Just a heads up, with BTC being enabled (with profits going to purchasing noble) and amazon.cn getting added shortly the bulk of this is in some ways addressed. I’m sorry I lost my cool but the amount of heat on us at the moment is ridiculous. As well as my own reporting for regulatory and tax reasons we already appear like were acting as an unofficial money laundering business if someone wants to be critical and assume we’re doing the wrong. We aren’t, but as you can see with all the arrests lately we have to stay as public and professional as is possible in this current scene, with easy to track payments, accounts and orders for anything FIAT related.

If I purchase Amazon cards from international individuals (with either fiat or Noble), the amount of CC fraud (the same as hit our Water Project) means many of the codes are reversed before they are redeemed with no way of retrieving Noble or cash. It also means I’m directly dealing with individuals I don’t know who could be up to anything, rather than buying through single Amazon official regional channels only – to make things easier for tracking and record-keeping. There is a lot more to this than simply opening a WooCommerce store and enabling CoinPayments – I don’t deny that part is easy. The problem is the crypto scene (especially at the moment). PMs and dealing with everyone takes up the bulk of the time, dealing with DDOS attacks, account & order spams, bot spam, covering exchange rates and making sure we can trade Marketplace items internationally and legally.

I apologise if immediate expectations aren’t met, we want to grow this coin and we’re doing a damn lot more than most – but because we are public, because we are legit and because we want to stick around we have to be careful and do things ‘properly’. The last thing I want is to be another figure scrutinized and thrown in jail for 'shady' practices. Crypto is publicly, indirectly ‘accepted’ by Australian law (bitlegal.com also shows it positively). We just have to keep things simple, above table, on the books and pay any taxes on my account and credit card, or extreme heat is on me. Again I apologise for swearing and getting worked up (it was 2am here) - I'm up late and we are doing a lot of work here.'

The second fiat is involved there is regulation, investigation, licensing, huge fees and reporting - any coin that does and has thrown this term around you need to take a critical look at what they are 'sprouting' (it's easier to BS when you're anonymous and have no intent to stick around) and the reality of the situation. There are a lot of angles and things to consider when working here at the moment – don’t think we are ignoring you or brushing aside suggestions. We take everything mentioned, look at it from different angles, and prioritise what we feel offers the best potential for amount of work required.

Cheers.

It makes me really glad to see this kind of thought being put into Noble. There definitely are tons of issues regarding crypto-fiat reporting practices and I commend you for taking the necessary steps to prevent getting thrown into the slammer. I'm not sure how tax law works in Australia, but there has got to be some types of legal precedents with crypto-fiat exchanges and reporting. If I were in your shoes, I'd definitely do what I can to CYA (cover your ass). It's the prudent thing to do. It's the smart thing to do. And it's what you should do.

That said, things getting heated (which it sounds like it really did) is always an inevitability when dealing with the stress of working within a framework and trying to balance both sides of the same coin. From what I see, you guys are doing great and I really do trust that you are all putting very serious thought into making Noble something particularly special.

It is a fact of life in such a "young" scene. When fiat is transferred through a system that hasn't been legally structured or even defined by it, things get tricky. You guys really are doing what you can to make Noble as legit as possible.
damnation

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=434996.0

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 02:19:46 AM

If I purchase Amazon cards from international individuals (with either fiat or Noble), the amount of CC fraud (the same as hit our Water Project) means many of the codes are reversed before they are redeemed with no way of retrieving Noble or cash. *I could wait for the codes to sell to confirm it, but even then they can still be 'reported' and reversed if not spent/item not shipped, and if someone has to wait a week for the code to sell and the price plummets or soars - we're now dealing with an entirely situation.* It also means I’m directly dealing with individuals I don’t know who could be up to anything, rather than buying through single Amazon official regional channels only – to make things easier for tracking and record-keeping. There is a lot more to this than simply opening a WooCommerce store and enabling CoinPayments – I don’t deny that part is easy. The problem is the crypto scene (especially at the moment). PMs and dealing with everyone takes up the bulk of the time, dealing with DDOS attacks, account & order spams, bot spam, covering exchange rates and making sure we can trade Marketplace items internationally and legally.

Cheers.

Damn i wish i dint miss that... but was asleep

Those are actually very valid concerns..

The fact is a FIAT system can only be instituted after the marketplace is up and running for at least a month and even then it would take at least another month to get most of the kinks out on paper in the setting up of a FIAT-Noble exchange. Hopefully, most of whatever bugs that crop up in the marketplace will be resolved by then.

I do have a question the discount on products at the marketplace. Does it apply for other coin payments as well? We want to improve NOBL circulation so its best if you leave the discount open only for Nobl purchases.  

Credit card purchases aren't exactly what i had in mind for a Fiat-Nobl exchange. It could be an end goal on the Fiat-Noble exchange system but definitely not the first. Currently, there are a very few places which even accept a credit card purchase of BTC for the same above reasons. Baby steps are a lot better if we plan on building up the system but its a big step forward and it needs to be well thought out and planned before execution otherwise we will end up with another similar WDC meltdown.

Beside's that jail sucks.. Tongue now as for getting heated up... i dont think any financial system can get up and running without ppl blowing up as there are so many concerns to deal with.. and everyone having an idea of how to best do it..

♔ PrimeDice : The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
Noble:9ZQo8HaeCjporC7T4PFgVcqzXc5KLyGrnV
LOT: LzUoeyakB8DRoHgqMgHSWMzipW5Nr63zkg
BTC: 1EiY4FqGbbfL6VUhiVLe8Z5R7BVVyyLTmw
LTC: LaGJ2utSYG4bhQ882mJ8QkS1bq45p25vcD
Pages: « 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 [179] 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: