Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:22:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1052963 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ZBBBB

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 04:10:58 PM

OK so the new topic header threw me, This is the main Noble thread right?

Repost as I need help on this, 2 days mining wasted? I friggin hope not.

I have a problem, I think somehow my wallet address got changed. Can a wallet update overwrite the wallet.dat?

My original address was 9fKtNwPFaE5v8aCHC55CaqGzMoBtYrf4aP which was in my sig

But now my address is 9ktbGxdueFSoHWjr9eSQNsfPu8usCbixrJ just updated sig.

So After changing my pool back to my original address after I sent the coins for market purchase (which i thought was my only wallet address) I have been mining into the old one and it is not in my wallet.

As you can see I started using this address on 1/29
http://cryptexplorer.com/address/9fKtNwPFaE5v8aCHC55CaqGzMoBtYrf4aP

And the new wallet address started on 2/9

http://cryptexplorer.com/address/9ktbGxdueFSoHWjr9eSQNsfPu8usCbixrJ

Am I screwed?

Did you check your .dat file in your %appdata% roaming folder to check the date stamp on it? Wallet addresses don't just change, so unless the old one got deleted or overwritten you should be able to track it down. Im not really well versed in this type of stuff, but that is my 2 cents.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
miKnutty

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 04:12:14 PM

I have a problem, I think somehow my wallet address got changed. Can a wallet update overwrite the wallet.dat?

So After changing my pool back to my original address after I sent the coins for market purchase (which i thought was my only wallet address) I have been mining into the old one and it is not in my wallet.

Am I screwed?

I'm not sure Sad If you don't have access to your old wallet its a tough one
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4884

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 04:14:12 PM

Am I screwed?

Did you check your .dat file in your %appdata% roaming folder to check the date stamp on it? Wallet addresses don't just change, so unless the old one got deleted or overwritten you should be able to track it down. Im not really well versed in this type of stuff, but that is my 2 cents.
Created ‎Sunday, ‎February ‎02, ‎2014, ‏‎4:02:21 PM Huh? I have no clue how that happened!

Anyone know if this file would be in the restore file if i have a previous point?

Edit: just checked have a feb 1st restore point. this could turn into a real can of worms. I need to write a batch file to backup wallet on boot. last time i backed them up was before i found noble.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
ZBBBB

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 04:18:00 PM

Am I screwed?

Created ‎Sunday, ‎February ‎02, ‎2014, ‏‎4:02:21 PM Huh? I have no clue how that happened!

Anyone know if this file would be in the restore file if i have a previous point?
Im fairly sure it can be. What I'd do is email yourself the .dat file and do a restore and see if you can restore it. Best case scenario. Sorry man.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 04:19:55 PM

Am I screwed?

Im fairly sure it can be. What I'd do is email yourself the .dat file and do a restore and see if you can restore it. Best case scenario. Sorry man.

Not a bad idea except if i restore then ALL files will roll back. That is a serious worry.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Guerilla

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 04:21:36 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2014, 04:32:23 PM by Guerilla

Am I screwed?
Client update shouldn't affect your wallet.dat. Also I don't believe system restore will do much good, because it restores apps and OS related stuff mainly. It could work but you should backup your current wallet first before restoring just in case something goes wrong.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 04:32:47 PM

Am I screwed?
Client update shouldn't affect your wallet.dat. Also I don't believe system restore will do much good, because it restores apps and OS related stuff mainly. It could work but you should backup your current wallet first before restoring just in case.

OK guys I have hope!  Check this out. Smiley

http://lifehacker.com/5477132/use-windows-system-restore-to-recover-individual-files

kresu

Activity: 326

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 04:40:25 PM

Good luck mate!
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 04:50:38 PM

Anyone else having trouble with noble.cryptotycoons.com?

I have been mining all day and nothing. I know I have coins because I have found blocks on the pool. But no coins, confirmed or unconfirmed. No transactions showing up either...

I sent a support ticket but nothing.
hearnomore

Activity: 304

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 05:07:27 PM

To all Validation Error Pool users past and present:

We at Validation Error Pool would like to update everyone on what has happened in the last few days.

• We made a decision to switch over to Cloudflare to help with site-availability and speed of the sites. During the time that we changed the domain name servers, some users were still connecting to our stratum server using noble.validerrorpool.com instead of the updated one stratum.validerrorpool.com. The updated one is just for the miner software and it by-passes the Cloudflare network and will work fine.
  • Overnight one of our pools were hit with a DDoS attack that made our NOC null-route the ip to save the rest of the network infrastructure. The bad part is, the other pool used our old domain which was not protected by Cloudflare. This issue has been fixed.

After all these things have happened, we have made the choice to close noble.validerrorpool.com and only use http://noble-west.validerrorpool.com as our pool now. You can still pull your coins out of noble.validerrorpool.com without any issues. We will be turning off the stratum on that server tomorrow. And to help get people to move from our old server to the new server, we will be implementing 0% fee for the next 48 hours! Register, jump in and lets hash some blocks out!

If you need anything else, please contact us on IRC or via http://support.validerrorpool.com
kresu

Activity: 326

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 05:07:54 PM

Also, amazon.co.uk cards are half-added as of now and amazon.ca cards will be added within 12 hours. Smiley
I have not been very active for the last week so seeing the progress is just great Cheesy nice work on the marketplace and the tools !!! Smiley

I noticed that some work has been done on creating "newcomers guides" but why have I / we not seem more of this? Should this not be presented with a big button that says something like, "new to coins click here" or "click to start being noble". The link then will go to a new landing page named for examle "Newcomers corner", where they will be informed about how to get started.

The start page of the noblemovement.com website looks a bit “outdated”. What is the advantage of a very large picture showing the skyline of New York or Sidney? I think the start page should show the latest improvements or releases, news and direct links for people seeking information on how to get involved.
Now that the marketplace has been launched the main website becomes more important. So I think we should invest in getting it up to date and more professional. It still is our main advertisement, also what is the current logo of the coin? Is it the eagle, is it the silver coin, the new design coin or the simple N symbol? Where can a shop use each of the graphics, for me this is not really supported right now.
I really like this coin, the idea's and the speed of new features being released however it seems we still lack some marketing or good branding. So in short I think we should:
-   Advertise the newcomers guides;
-   Update the start page;
-   Instruct for suppliers on which graph to use;
Something I have been thinking about would be to create a website that has 3 main target groups, Suppliers, Noble owners and Noble newcomers. So it is very simple for every target group to locate the information they need.

+1 to "Update the start page"
As a user I insist. Only this one (landing, or Home page).
The one where people land when they click "NobleCoin" in our sigs or from other places.

It has to be simpler. I'd say, even minimalistic.
Many people don't read these days and they tend to retreat when they see too much info available.

So make it only 4 simple objects (not five):

For example bright BIG COLORFUL ICONS on dark (black) background (with arrows or road signs or anything — anyone good at Photoshop or GIMP?)
 *  "Where to MINE"?  (arrow down)
 *  "Where to SHOP online using Noble, BTC, LTC?" (arrow up)
 *  "Where to learn the BASICS of crypto and how to START?" (right arrow)
 *  "Where to READ more about Noble development" (left arrow)

No more than 4 choices, believe me, 5 it's too many (for a landing page). Wink
And nothing more. Ok. That's my +1 on that idea.
PeterPalmBeach

Activity: 336

SellALL, BuyBTC

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 05:17:35 PM

I have been mining all day and nothing. I know I have coins because I have found blocks on the pool. But no coins, confirmed or unconfirmed. No transactions showing up either...

I'm on the same boat. Mined half a day and all night with over 3MH/s and nada ! Undecided
Sent 2 email with no response.
Charloz24

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 05:18:26 PM

I wonder if the upcoming doge reward halving will help something to NOBLE. I mean, doge hasrate may fall and where they will point their rigs?
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 05:20:48 PM

Well the good news is this works! you can get single files from system restore!

Bad news is that file only goes back to 2/7 the day the new address appeared yet the qt folder is timestamped and goes back to 2/1.
Here's some screen shots with qt directory and roaming directory restore points and a doge one as reference that goes back to 1/30.

Can't seem to make them readable. here's the direct links.

http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s490/hueristic/temp%20for%20sharing/Walletrestorepoint2_zps619d9796.jpg~original

http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s490/hueristic/temp%20for%20sharing/Walletrestorepoint_zpsc69f564e.jpg~original

Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 05:24:36 PM

I'm on the same boat. Mined half a day and all night with over 3MH/s and nada ! Undecided
Sent 2 email with no response.

I'd tell you what pool to use but then I'd have to kill ya! ;P J/k

Unfortunately I spammed how well one pool was it got too much of the bandwidth.

USE Hash.so It is even with the best and best of all you can change coins on their site with a click of a drop down menu!!!

adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 05:34:54 PM

To all Validation Error Pool users past and present:

We at Validation Error Pool would like to update everyone on what has happened in the last few days.

• We made a decision to switch over to Cloudflare to help with site-availability and speed of the sites. During the time that we changed the domain name servers, some users were still connecting to our stratum server using noble.validerrorpool.com instead of the updated one stratum.validerrorpool.com. The updated one is just for the miner software and it by-passes the Cloudflare network and will work fine.
  • Overnight one of our pools were hit with a DDoS attack that made our NOC null-route the ip to save the rest of the network infrastructure. The bad part is, the other pool used our old domain which was not protected by Cloudflare. This issue has been fixed.

After all these things have happened, we have made the choice to close noble.validerrorpool.com and only use http://noble-west.validerrorpool.com as our pool now. You can still pull your coins out of noble.validerrorpool.com without any issues. We will be turning off the stratum on that server tomorrow. And to help get people to move from our old server to the new server, we will be implementing 0% fee for the next 48 hours! Register, jump in and lets hash some blocks out!

If you need anything else, please contact us on IRC or via http://support.validerrorpool.com

New site only allows for up to 2500 NOBLE on automatic payout... sad day.

EDIT: Estimates also WAY off. I'm guessing it just hasnt been fully setup yet since it's so new.
damnation

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=434996.0

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 05:41:44 PM

ctenc? when will your issue be resolved?

I have still not been paid the last two days of mining at your place.. while i dont really mind waiting...

I would like to have an ETA on solution... as its very disturbing to see 0 unconfirmed

♔ PrimeDice : The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
Noble:9ZQo8HaeCjporC7T4PFgVcqzXc5KLyGrnV
LOT: LzUoeyakB8DRoHgqMgHSWMzipW5Nr63zkg
BTC: 1EiY4FqGbbfL6VUhiVLe8Z5R7BVVyyLTmw
LTC: LaGJ2utSYG4bhQ882mJ8QkS1bq45p25vcD
BlockChasers

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 06:05:48 PM

Blockchasers is proud to announce our Noble Coin pool.

http://blockchasers.com
http://nobl.blockchasers.com

• 0% fee!
  • prop
  • SSD
  • DDOS Protection
  • Stable
  • Solid payouts
  • Stratum
  • Vardiff

Happy mining!
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 06:12:40 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2014, 03:55:31 AM by Hueristic

Anyone else on OCN jump in this thread and support your coin.

Do Not create new accounts for this. This site is heavily moderated and trolling or spamming is ban hammered.
BTW if anything I transfer to this site is not factual PM me immediately please.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1464933/noblecoin-the-noblest-of-coins/10#post_21775152

voephilis

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 06:40:38 PM

same here^^
Pages: « 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: