Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 11:41:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 [352] 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1052966 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 01:46:59 PM

EDIT: why not offer 30% discount at the beginning? again you guys want everyone else to buy NOBL up!

We can't handle straight off the bat a huge flood of orders something like that would attract.

kresu

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:02:31 PM

In the meantime...
I'm really proud to announce that the Noble Community managed to collect 318000 NOBL for the noble cause of funding the Safe, Open, Ecological Playground for Children on Stacja Wolimierz, Poland!

http://simplynoble.net is my site with infos about Noble team taking part of that crowdfunding. (I hope that the site itself will also have other purposes in near future Wink
You can leave a comment there! (I think so)

And, you can still donate! (as there is still 29 days left of the fundraising):

9X1Jwnsn3X5YY4TYtpW2dPUHTYAHU7XzyX
http://chainz.cryptoid.info/nobl/address.dws?9X1Jwnsn3X5YY4TYtpW2dPUHTYAHU7XzyX.htm

At the current NOBL/BTC price (21 satoshi) it would be a pity to convert them now, but still they are worth more than 110 PLN. ($35)
I think we can achieve 200 PLN with very little effort (200 PLN would be a significant 1% of the whole fundsraising, which has the final goal set at 20k PLN).

More infos about the town, the theatre, the foundation, and the current crowdfunding project can be found under these links:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolimierz
["The cultural life in the area has been promoted lately by the Stacja Wolimierz gallery and theatre, located in a deserted train station of Wolimierz. There are several international festivals and workshops that are held there each year."]
http://polakpotrafi.pl/projekt/plac
[The main crowdfunding project, use Google Translate if not understandable at all ;]
http://stacja.wolimierz.info.pl/info
http://stacja.wolimierz.info.pl/interplanetary-kingdom-of-art
http://www.klinikalalek.art.pl/index.php?id=english.htm

Again, thank you all!
Git_2058

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:22:14 PM

EDIT: why not offer 30% discount at the beginning? again you guys want everyone else to buy NOBL up!

We can't handle straight off the bat a huge flood of orders something like that would attract.

DEV, frankly speaking I am holding NOBL, but when I knew the richest list, somehow I am surprised by the big holders (few are NOBL reserve) and feel unsafe,  what if they dump the coins?

voephilis

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:25:09 PM

DEV, frankly speaking I am holding NOBL, but when I knew the richest list, somehow I am surprised by the big holders (few are NOBL reserve) and feel unsafe,  what if they dump the coins?

I see a problem in it, too. There are some guys holding huge amounts. and thats not good imo.
onebutton

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:28:00 PM

Must say that I appreciate all the thought that is going into noblecoin!

Agree with you
Wish us luck
The price can be a little higher
 Wink
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:44:24 PM

A great amount are also probably still unlisted exchange adresses. Yes, there are a few big holders, but they already stated that they are in this for the long run. (some bought at 200+ and don't want to take a 10x loss and beleive in noblecoin)
GBattaglia

Activity: 735
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:53:07 PM

Transferring a sum of BTC to Poloniex; time to buy again.   Grin
Git_2058

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:53:25 PM

I see a problem in it, too. There are some guys holding huge amounts. and thats not good imo.

I was told there is a ledger about the premine, this kind of information should be in a place easy to identify, ANN thread at least. I am not saying something bad about NOBL, but most likely what I can see is what other people can find too. If you tell me the price is very low right now, and can go 300 sat some day, surely I will invest some BTC into it, but when I know there is a richest list and premine holders, just fee safe to invest more.

Dev, why don't you giveaway a portion of coin into the community, and spread the goodness of NOBL too. NOBL also need some stuffs, one example is a nice official block explorer; notice BTC benefits a lot from blockchain.info. NOBL should do that too.

Git_2058

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:57:17 PM

A great amount are also probably still unlisted exchange adresses. Yes, there are a few big holders, but they already stated that they are in this for the long run. (some bought at 200+ and don't want to take a 10x loss and beleive in noblecoin)

Those People who bought NOBL and are at the top are just fine; had "bad" impression on NOBL reverses, no body can make people to believe they won't dump.

onebutton

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:00:56 PM

Basically semi-random, as transparent and possible and controlled has to be best, most people here are out to abuse the system, not support it.

yes We need to be more transparent.
Want to see our feelings
 Smiley
GBattaglia

Activity: 735
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:13:01 PM

They could always take note from SilkCoin and implement a new wallet.  When NobleCoin was first releasing I suggested the possibility
of using a new GUI like implemented by MegaCoin I believe.
kresu

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:45:19 PM

I was told there is a ledger about the premine, this kind of information should be in a place easy to identify, ANN thread at least. I am not saying something bad about NOBL, but most likely what I can see is what other people can find too. If you tell me the price is very low right now, and can go 300 sat some day, surely I will invest some BTC into it, but when I know there is a richest list and premine holders, just fee safe to invest more.

Dev, why don't you giveaway a portion of coin into the community, and spread the goodness of NOBL too. NOBL also need some stuffs, one example is a nice official block explorer; notice BTC benefits a lot from blockchain.info. NOBL should do that too.

You can find this info in the first post, on the first screen:

NobleCoin Marketplace | NOBLE Movement | Interview With the Devs | NobleCoin & The Water Project
         Non-Anonymous Founders | Development Roadmap | Public Ledger & Expenses

(https://www.noblemovement.com/public-ledger/)
james6546

Activity: 691
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:58:05 PM

There have been lots of giveaways, I personally have had around 10s of thousands of Noble.

I trust Rofo 100% not to sell the premine. If you realise the amount off effort that he has put into this coin, there is no way that he would cash out yet. There are so many great things to come.

I hope the price is still low tomorrow, I get paid then Smiley
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:58:28 PM
Last edit: May 26, 2014, 04:50:30 PM by poornamelessme

For better or for worse we wouldn't keep anything closed source, it goes against the whole spirit of crypto (besides the fact open-source got us here in the first place) but even more importantly from a realist perspective any closed-source service or wallet dealing with money of any amount simply would not be trusted.

One way around that, sort of, which was discussed in the Drk coin thread early on, is to have a trusted 3rd party audit the code. Finding a trusted 3rd party, and if that would be good enough, is a question though.

For systems that are truly unique, a coin does sort of need to be closed source, at least to start with, or P&D clones will just kill whatever is unique about the coin. And probably do a poor job of implementing the 'unique system' to begin with.

But I agree about the forking thing. You can't hardfork Noble repeatedly, trying to catch the latest fad. The partner coin idea could potentially work. One problem is the fact that people may not really care about any features really. They say they do, but in reality all they could be doing is jumping from one pump and dump to the next, using new features as a context for the pump. It's the same reason why pumps quite often occur on the flimsiest of coin news -- listed in coin market cap, listed on new exchange, listed in some obscure article that nobody will read anyway, nation coin does airdrop, etc. It's just a reason for a pump, so people may not care so much about whatever feature is in fad right now ... it's just a way to make money. Exceptions would be things that are truly unique and serve a purpose, perhaps anonymity, true anonymity, coins like Ethereum or MadeSafe (in theory), that sort of thing.

One thing that could help Noble, and for all I know has been implemented and I missed it, is to incorporate the marketplace into the wallet, as well as have it set up for both android and ios. If you have discounts or marketplace news, it can then appear as a popup in the wallet itself. It's one way to get the marketplace more attention and be a bit more unique than other coins.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 04:25:30 PM

marketplace in wallet and news in wallet: I like.

if its not possible with current people, please outsource it!

this will make the wallet a lot more usefull and user friendly. a mobile version of this would be even more epic!
kresu

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 05:10:11 PM

A have to say THANK YOU once again, because someone just sent enormous donation, almost doubling our balance,
so I had to publish an update on simplynoble.net Smiley

I think it's time to reveal the collected amount to the originators, because it is unlikely that the price go much lower from here.
I will let them know on FB about the update!
Anonz

Activity: 192

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 05:33:34 PM

PHCoin is asking kraken that did the audit report here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=528432
Because Audits are a good thing, especially with any fund/premine/ipo... I think this is highly needed with escrow and other transparencies in place.

For better or for worse we wouldn't keep anything closed source, it goes against the whole spirit of crypto (besides the fact open-source got us here in the first place) but even more importantly from a realist perspective any closed-source service or wallet dealing with money of any amount simply would not be trusted.

One way around that, sort of, which was discussed in the Drk coin thread early on, is to have a trusted 3rd party audit the code. Finding a trusted 3rd party, and if that would be good enough, is a question though.

For systems that are truly unique, a coin does sort of need to be closed source, at least to start with, or P&D clones will just kill whatever is unique about the coin. And probably do a poor job of implementing the 'unique system' to begin with.

But I agree about the forking thing. You can't hardfork Noble repeatedly, trying to catch the latest fad. The partner coin idea could potentially work. One problem is the fact that people may not really care about any features really. They say they do, but in reality all they could be doing is jumping from one pump and dump to the next, using new features as a context for the pump. It's the same reason why pumps quite often occur on the flimsiest of coin news -- listed in coin market cap, listed on new exchange, listed in some obscure article that nobody will read anyway, nation coin does airdrop, etc. It's just a reason for a pump, so people may not care so much about whatever feature is in fad right now ... it's just a way to make money. Exceptions would be things that are truly unique and serve a purpose, perhaps anonymity, true anonymity, coins like Ethereum or MadeSafe (in theory), that sort of thing.

One thing that could help Noble, and for all I know has been implemented and I missed it, is to incorporate the marketplace into the wallet, as well as have it set up for both android and ios. If you have discounts or marketplace news, it can then appear as a popup in the wallet itself. It's one way to get the marketplace more attention and be a bit more unique than other coins.

Anonz want to remain Anonymous. It's up to those who follow along with us.  My favorite coins?  Magi, Bitcoin, and Darkcoin. Thread about XMG: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.0 - Market of XMG: https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-XMG - #Magi on Freenode IRC:  https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#magi
Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 05:48:14 PM
Last edit: May 26, 2014, 06:01:18 PM by Zebedee23

This is the same with any good coin with potential. Really it should be a good sign that people are prepared to put large amounts into NOBL. Whales who hold the largest amounts are not stupid and are not just going to dump it all just cause its gone down a bit!!!  In it for the Long term!!!!!!!!

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
██████████   ███   ██████████
██████████   ███   ██████████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
Git_2058

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 06:50:47 PM

This is the same with any good coin with potential. Really it should be a good sign that people are prepared to put large amounts into NOBL. Whales who hold the largest amounts are not stupid and are not just going to dump it all just cause its gone down a bit!!!  In it for the Long term!!!!!!!!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=402667.msg6950366#msg6950366

What we are going to do with these?

Reserve Addresses:

1: 9hwDHcoCUvKozQFfGxmcjBEk7Gzag3ueDx 25,000,000 NOBL
2: 9amycGhuemdnmEwhUsQweQxoXo2tDbqXEH 30,000,000 NOBL
3: 9esNKPNcqqZJ5eARrrH9zDi7dkWk2GLHwL 30,000,000 NOBL
4: 9a6jaT2N6ZQGrPY7Ke1gcaWRipY7Va1c5v 20,000,000 NOBL

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 4942

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 07:39:31 PM

Been busy, Looks like alot in the works! My buys got filled at 33 so I hold about 600k now. Didn't expect to see the 20's just yet! Well I'm sure we'll be back to the 50's at least within a month. One thing is for certain, Speculators can't hold for 3 days let alone a month! I think they all have ADD. Cheesy

Just bought New Taillights for my 740IL with my amazon gift cards today. Smiley

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Pages: « 1 ... 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 [352] 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: