Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:53:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 [379] 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1052960 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Mikellev

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:59:34 AM

nobl.poolerino.com is back online. Sorry for the ddos caused downtime.

Mike

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The One
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:43:01 PM

with all that is going on and reading the frustration being expressed by many people that are tired of all of the corruption in the crypto community in many threads.

it almost feels like we ( the NOBLE community) are about to declare war on the corruption on behalf of the masses.

we are even trying to build a war chest of other currencies in order to buy Noble in order to support the price, we were even looking into a number of asic options, now my brother and i are rethinking our strategy to better prepare for the coming onslaught.

because i think we all can agree that if the developers are planning ( and it would seem so) a paradigm shift in the crypto world, there will be those that will retaliate.

if i may paraphrase Winston Churchhill,

We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in pools, we shall fight on the threads and forums, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the net, we shall defend our island of HONOR, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the exchanges, we shall fight in the market places, we shall fight in facebook and in twitter, we shall fight in social media; we shall never surrender!!!

I trade in other P&D shitcoin and use the profit to buy Noble.......costing me nothing.

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

1Kb

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:29:53 PM

I hope no one from the Noble team got this problem:
http://www.news.com.au/national/breaking-news/government-snatches-idle-accounts/story-e6frfku9-1226949007917

Ow and maybe for some lucky guys:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmirhill/2014/06/12/silk-road-bitcoin-on-the-move-as-government-prepares-to-auction-off-18-million-worth/
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:34:34 PM

there's already a new company set to release terrahash scrypt asics in the next few months.. so we might top that 5TH sooner than you think. but if you look at how market cap works.. the reason why market cap will increase is because of the amount of new coins generated in relation to the price that it holds at in the balance between miners, dumpers and buyers. basically.. if a new coin has mined 100 coins so far.. and it's market cap is $100.. to raise the market cap to $150 all youd have to do is mine 50 more coins.. not even send them to the market or anything.. but have them register on the block chain. market cap can increase while value decreases.. but ideally we want to have both market cap rising from new coins being generated as well as investors moving up the value of each coin. we can achieve that by making sure we have demanded technolgies that attract investors as well as slowing down the amount of coins that can be generated per day.

the asics will always enjoy much larger profit margins and so the temptation to dump faster than market growth will also be much larger. effectively the asic gets to sell all of his coins before the gpu miners can. and all can mean mining out the whole block chain and keep the price suppressed below anyone elses willingness to sell. which is what i think we are seeing with noble.
Please provide me a source documenting TH/s sCrypt ASICs. I have not heard about this at all. A 1TH/s miner would be well over 3 times the magnitude greater than the Titans that KNC are scheduled to deliver during Q3. And their second batch that is slated for end of Q4 will most likely only be a ~25% hash improvement. With the geometries involved in making their Titan I can’t possibly see a sCrypt miner with 1TH/s power in the same form factor as a Titan even in the next three years. And if something like that comes out, that’ll solidify the place of sCrypt coins in the cryptocurrency world.

As for “larger profit margins” I agree and disagree. I agree that the luckiest few that get miners first will be able to enjoy significant profit parity; but as more and more people get ASICs, that parity dwindles substantially as ASIC becomes the norm. In the end, the ones who suffer are the GPU miners who refuse to get ASICs. And frankly, I’m not all too sorry for that; just like all businesses equipment and hardware has to change with each new iteration. I know some will argue for the hobbyists, but let's be honest, name me one other hobby that returns as much as coin mining for relatively little effort? People should feel lucky that they have been able to have such a handsomely rewarding hobby like this for this long. Anyhow, getting back on track. Security should be a trumping factor in the worthiness of a public ledger. As for what GPUs should move on to? The next algorithm basically. It’s a cycle that in my eyes will keep happening until there is once again too much saturation in algorithms. By then though, I don’t see 99% of the coins that exist today still being around.

The more and more I look at this, the more I see GPUs just being the gateway to determining what will be the next algorithm to secure. And maybe at the end of the road, GPUs can go back to doing what they were designed to do: rendering video and displays.
Coinler

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:34:41 AM
Last edit: June 13, 2014, 04:08:31 AM by Coinler

there's already a new company set to release terrahash scrypt asics in the next few months.. so we might top that 5TH sooner than you think. but if you look at how market cap works.. the reason why market cap will increase is because of the amount of new coins generated in relation to the price that it holds at in the balance between miners, dumpers and buyers. basically.. if a new coin has mined 100 coins so far.. and it's market cap is $100.. to raise the market cap to $150 all youd have to do is mine 50 more coins.. not even send them to the market or anything.. but have them register on the block chain. market cap can increase while value decreases.. but ideally we want to have both market cap rising from new coins being generated as well as investors moving up the value of each coin. we can achieve that by making sure we have demanded technolgies that attract investors as well as slowing down the amount of coins that can be generated per day.

the asics will always enjoy much larger profit margins and so the temptation to dump faster than market growth will also be much larger. effectively the asic gets to sell all of his coins before the gpu miners can. and all can mean mining out the whole block chain and keep the price suppressed below anyone elses willingness to sell. which is what i think we are seeing with noble.
Please provide me a source documenting TH/s sCrypt ASICs. I have not heard about this at all. A 1TH/s miner would be well over 3 times the magnitude greater than the Titans that KNC are scheduled to deliver during Q3. And their second batch that is slated for end of Q4 will most likely only be a ~25% hash improvement. With the geometries involved in making their Titan I can’t possibly see a sCrypt miner with 1TH/s power in the same form factor as a Titan even in the next three years. And if something like that comes out, that’ll solidify the place of sCrypt coins in the cryptocurrency world.

As for “larger profit margins” I agree and disagree. I agree that the luckiest few that get miners first will be able to enjoy significant profit parity; but as more and more people get ASICs, that parity dwindles substantially as ASIC becomes the norm. In the end, the ones who suffer are the GPU miners who refuse to get ASICs. And frankly, I’m not all too sorry for that; just like all businesses equipment and hardware has to change with each new iteration. I know some will argue for the hobbyists, but let's be honest, name me one other hobby that returns as much as coin mining for relatively little effort? People should feel lucky that they have been able to have such a handsomely rewarding hobby like this for this long. Anyhow, getting back on track. Security should be a trumping factor in the worthiness of a public ledger. As for what GPUs should move on to? The next algorithm basically. It’s a cycle that in my eyes will keep happening until there is once again too much saturation in algorithms. By then though, I don’t see 99% of the coins that exist today still being around.

The more and more I look at this, the more I see GPUs just being the gateway to determining what will be the next algorithm to secure. And maybe at the end of the road, GPUs can go back to doing what they were designed to do: rendering video and displays.

a small error on my part for not reading the report thoroughly but here it is

https://terrahash.com/product/terrahash-dx-large/

it seems the company's name and product is called the terrahash. these will run at 180gh meaning if someone bought 5 theyd be able to generate about $1000 a day from any coin in BTC. this is not good for the value of crypto. asics have a better place in pos coin multipools.. generating constant buy pressure on coins on the market and generating growth in value. which in turn attracts more investors. on the contrary.. i predict that the availability of higher and higher asic rates at cheaper and cheaper prices will only serve to absolutely rape the scrypt asic coins and their value will drop again violently as it did from .04btc/mh per 24hrs.. to now.. 0.001btc in the months from december to march. the coins will not be able to generate enough investment and mining profitability will fall across the board. the scrypt protocol can be considered compromised in my view because of this.

i imagine however, that a terrahash model will not be far out of view for this company considering their name.

EDIT: ok on closer inspection this is a standard bitcoin asic.. but there are these

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/kncminer-upgrades-titan-scrypt-asic-100-mhs-250-mhs-free-charge/2014/03/27

and this

https://www.mining-asics-technologies.com/product/excalibur-5-asic-scrypt-miner-250-mhs/

so 2 of these would be able to dump 1btc+ worth of coins per day. and more depending on profitability. realize i mixed up my Ghs and Mhs above there.. im a bit tired and it's late lol. but the same theology applies. scrypt coins are most vulnerable to asic farm attacks in the future which will make them the weakest coins on the market. their value can be suppressed for a long time.
baloy

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:55:25 AM

reading on all comments here (i'm a newbie... just less than a month old in crypto currency mining)... i'm now hesitant to add 4 more MSI R9 270x Hawks in my dedicated mining rig... i might be better off in buying Gridseed G-Blades... what do you think guys?... but, my inner self is more inclined on a dedicated GPU mining rig... for hobby purposes... as well as for display...  Grin... the down side would be, my electricity bill per month... hhhaaaayyyy...

please comment... i'll use your inputs on my decision analysis...

thanks...
Coinler

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:15:46 AM

asics are still very profitable for now. so yes currently they are the most efficient way of gaining btc via mining. the major risk with purchasing asics is that if for some reason they become obsolete they unfortunately dont have any other application. "expensive toasters".
baloy

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 07:14:58 AM

^ yeah, this is really true... but when we consider the operation cost per month (monthly electricity bills) and the cash outlay for the GPUs and other HW used on a GPU based mining rig and compare it with the operation cost per month and cash out lay in buying an ASIC based miner (let's say, a Gridseed G-Blade), the money involved will be night and day... then once we will plug in the hash rate, the comparison would be a no brainer... looking forward, we could not predict when the scrypt algo would die down... maybe, in a long term (let say, 5 yrs from now), scrypt might still be used or abandoned... we just can't can see the future... the only sure thing is that, Technology will always evolve...
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:24:54 AM

So is there a separate thread for discussion on what fork we should take? I haven't seen anything really since Rofo posted his update. Is the change happening in ~2 weeks? If so, has the team already picked out the specifics?
james6546

Activity: 691

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:38:15 AM

So is there a separate thread for discussion on what fork we should take? I haven't seen anything really since Rofo posted his update. Is the change happening in ~2 weeks? If so, has the team already picked out the specifics?

I was wondering that, haven't seen anything.

Is it going to be an official vote, or just taking note of our opinions on the thread?
pikuchato

Activity: 728

Activity: yes

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:36:53 PM

Can someone please make a copy paste signature I can use? with the nobl sign and all the links?
Might be even a good idea to post it in the main thread?

I tried to do it myself but I am half retard.
james6546

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:47:00 PM

Can someone please make a copy paste signature I can use? with the nobl sign and all the links?

Lol

Mine is

Code:
[center][url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=402667.0]NOBLECOIN[/url]         [url=https://www.noblemovement.com/marketplace/]   NobleCoin Marketplace NOW LIVE!     [/url]
[url=https://www.noblemovement.com/guide-to-marketplace-buying/] ★ Amazon Gift Cards ★ Steam Wallets ★ Bullion ★ 12% discount with NobleCoin! ★ BTC accepted! ★ [/url]
pikuchato

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 01:38:35 PM

Lol

Mine is

Code:
[center][url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=402667.0]NOBLECOIN[/url]         [url=https://www.noblemovement.com/marketplace/]   NobleCoin Marketplace NOW LIVE!     [/url]
[url=https://www.noblemovement.com/guide-to-marketplace-buying/] ★ Amazon Gift Cards ★ Steam Wallets ★ Bullion ★ 12% discount with NobleCoin! ★ BTC accepted! ★ [/url]

Thank you Smiley
Coinler

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:27:00 PM

Lol

Mine is

Code:

changing mine on account of yours being cooler.. lol
Marty19

Activity: 725

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 03:56:48 PM

FREE 0% NobleCoin (NOBL) mining pool now available from iSpace Mining Pools

http://ispace.co.uk/coindetails/?coin=nobl

If you need more mining power then check out http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=1928

Smiley

james6546

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:58:48 PM

Lol

Mine is

Code:

Grin

Can't take the credit for it though, I stole it from someone else
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4865

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:07:50 PM

They used to rock until the board started blocking BBB code in them.

Those of you thinking on the algo situation should get in touch with this guy.

DO NOT POST SESC LINKS

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
bonesoul

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 05:35:30 PM

Rofo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 02:49:46 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2014, 03:11:27 AM by Rofo

Update #2: Proof of Stake

<@Rofo> We're going PoS, im finalising it now. The abuse PoW, malicious coins multipools and ASICs can do to a small PoW coin is getting ridiculous. However PoS is not my forte, were going to get in another developer or 2 on contract, so if you have any in mind that would be happy to contribute to a transition for a good fee please discuss it with me. I can then step aside and finish the infrastructure, a future PoW coin will be linked with us that is secure, centralized and reward miners for merge-mining for the security of all coins & a greater reward on the marketplace.

<@Rofo> Constantly trying to combat with hired rigs, fork/checkpoint reversals after it's too late and the constant demoralization any selloff is doing to the noble community has to end. PoS is the only thing that stops the arguments and fear of ASICs, algorithm arguments (plus future implementation of ASICs to any successful algo. regardless) and the damage PoS coin multipools is doing to us. Rather than any external promotion of the positives of noble i had hoped for in our first months, were only getting external fear and selling because of this.

<pikuchato> Awesome news, thank you rofo Smiley Long live NOBLE !!

<@Rofo> No worries Smiley i dont agree 100% with the choice, but we feel its the right one in this environment. Our ideals cant stand up against malicious and semi-anonymous actors with huge hashpower. I will be rewarding miners and ASICs with a partner coin after this is all settled though.

<pikuchato> This sounds awesome, in my opinion the most important part here is the extra developers, you DO need more time to focus on core issues, you can't do everything
<pikuchato> About the algorithm change, I count on you  - I dont realy have the technical knowledge to know which is better against those attacks.
<@Rofo> exactly. i have enough that we can reward trustworthy PoS devs well to work with us, and once they help us do the transition we can follow a roadmap of necessary PoS updates as they come

<@Rofo> Well no algo is safe with our market cap, simply because we wont have a huge amount of hash whatever route we go, and it wont stop those who just hire rigs to dump on us and demoralize people even more.

<pikuchato> So it will be POS & another algo? So thr attacker will need 51% of the hasing power PLUS 51% of the coins? something like that? Smiley

<@Rofo> I'm a big believer in PoW from a crypto/purist perspective, unfortunately PoW gives all these malicious actors with more money/resources the ability to constantly stomp on competitors. PoS is not 100% secure, it will be 100% PoS, even PPC relies only on the PoS part. PoS has its own issues but they can be better mitigated/monitored and we might improve the 'centralized' security in the future if we *must*.

<pikuchato> Respect for doing the opposite of your opinion just because the community wants Smiley

<@Rofo> They will need 51% of the coins currently being staked, but we have some projects and promos we will be doing to improve the transparancy of staking. Not even though, the odds/numbers are lower depending on success rate but im not 100% sure of them. My only real problem with this is the fact I haven't touched PoS in my spare time, I've been looking at MM, centralized/decentralized checkpointing ideas & tx messages. Which is why we'd like to contract an extra dev. or 2 to help us and make it worth their time. But thats OK, PoS will help us in other ways, and we can figure out PoW equivalent when we come back from the brink

<pikuchato> If you write a message I can use - I am a member of few israeli bitcoin groups, lots of well known developers hung around there I will be happy to post it

<@Rofo> Sure thing, Ill post this on the thread and then write a little 'looking for' ad

<pikuchato> But don't do it specially this is for bitcointalk
<pikuchato> lol exactly Smiley

<@Rofo> We're already talking with a few, wed just like our best odds with someone we can trust who we know will do the right thing with as little hassles as possible. So whoever is walling us down with cheap coins as well as dumping, well there wont be cheap easy coins coming in soon enough, we'll go PoS and triple our promo efforts.

<pikuchato> Well I can't complain look what just happend to me 10 minutes before your first message: 2014-06-14 05:02:37   SELL   0.00000011   17577564.57062612   1.93353210

<@Rofo> As a coin and community our reputation is infrastructure is great, our biggest problem was my 'purist longterm' perspective that wont survive in this environment, and our scrypt/ASIC fears & long distribution/inflation (as well as this scenes constant focus on daily price).

<pikuchato> Smiley))))

<@Rofo> Thats all gone soon enough. My msg is also a result of seeing the dumping in a way. I don't know if its another attempt at double spending or people dumping/panicing to buy cheap before the change or its just people giving up so I had to say something.

<pikuchato> I bought nobl not sold, it says SELL because of the market action. People have no patiance and going to eat their hats

<@Rofo> yes sorry i figured it was the BUY you were talking about Smiley When we stop worrying about ASICs/miners/algos we can start going back to the core infrastructure and what noble was meant to represent. That's why PoS felt like the best choice.

<pikuchato> I don't think it is doube spending any more, just idiots who can't understand how come they money did not double itself in 3 days.

<@Rofo> Yeah perhaps, I really dont know. I do know of a number of people who are renting rigs at a 10% loss just to dump on noble, there's also the multipools from PoS coins that mine to stick us low profitability and dump, ASICs might be in there somewhere, but i dont think they're the key factor.

<pikuchato> I thought about this calculation: Big pool sell some coins before starting to mine -> others miners leave -> more coins for the pool Smiley

<@Rofo> Pretty much.

pikuchato

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 04:01:19 AM

Now I feel important  Tongue
Pages: « 1 ... 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 [379] 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: