Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:55:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 [382] 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1052988 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
voephilis

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 08:11:41 AM

when mint went PoS, I think, price went down to now maximum 10 sat. A coin shouldn`t be hold back in a wallet. It has to circulate to get a real value.

I agree with you. However I feel MINT (as well as NOBL) suffer because the older a coin gets, the less community members remain. Only genuine supporters of a coin are around at this point, the rest of the crypto. community have moved on to new coins to continue their profit-taking. This is the trial period. We will be promoting circulation with merchant acceptance and continuing our Marketplace deals, promotions & future services. Unfortunately, our PoW security is too low in this environment. That has to come first, then we can tackle the rest head on.

Ah, here I am on my territory Smiley MINT in a way suffered from its heyday. People got spoiled with the 60 satoshi price. Plus, the MINT community is pretty passive (it keeps whining about dev do this, dev do that, but what do they do themselves? Tokyopotato gets justly infuriated because of that). This, plus the premine and the complete lack of transparency (including Soviet-style demodding of people who don't please them) attitude of the devs. And finally the whole "too much coins" aspect. MINT could flower once BTC price will increase tenfold or even hundredfold, when people will start reasoning in satoshi and ot in millibitcoins.

thanks guys for the answers! I fully support the PoS way of Noble!
doremi

Activity: 654
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 08:41:49 AM

the sooner the noble switch to POS the better..and the best is 100%POS..no more POW,we are suffering enought with those miners dumping as soon as they mined,with the 100% POS + multipool..the situation turn around from selling noble to buying noble and this is what we need.
another advantage for 100% POS is: we can ignore now anything about mining things and fully developing in marketplace and adding some features for wallet.
Hybrid PoW/PoS at the advantage that if one proof doesn't work, the other one is still there. Plus, PoS is not cryptographically proven. So, I am not sure pure PoS is that good.

as long as noble still can be mine..the problem of dumping at low price will be still going on. but with the 100% PoS..now we can turn those miners to mine for some other coins and then provide a buying power for noble with multipool..if the coin still want to stick with PoW,then there is no reason to set up a multipool for they no need multipool to mine noble.
The One
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:14:32 AM

Why not take a look at 'queue mining' from Hotcoin instead of doing POS like everyone else is?

All options should be explored and discussed.

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

emercoin

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 11:30:55 AM

I don't understand why the price is that fucking low?

The price has dropped because: (1) Someone has been very determined to wage a 51 percent attack against the coin. They are spending a lot of money and a lot of time to hurt the NobleCommunity because they don't want anyone shining a light on the dirty altcoin scene.  (2) Because of the 51 percent attacks, MintPal has seen the need to warn people who visit the NOBL trading page that it requires 999 confirmations to deposit NOBL.  The combined effect is people being nervous and the price going down.

The price will rise because: (1)  This is a living coin that is adapting to the challenges discussed above. The switch to POS will remove both of the previously mentioned problems. (2) This is the same living coin it was 5 months ago, with good people, a strong community, an honest dev, and a great vision to merge philanthropy, eCommerce, and Cryptocurrency. (3) The Noble Infrastructure is excellent. We are one of the few coins with such a robust marketplace for buying actual goods and services. More goods and services everyday. How would you like to buy Gold Bullion with crypto? Better hang on to your NOBL if you want to do that. (4) After the switch to POS, Rofo will have more time to focus on making the infrastructure and ecosystem around this coin even more amazing. (5) Noble is and always has been a coin built with a long term view of a future for crypto. NobleCoin is not just waiting for that future it is creating it. Noble is the coin you can hold, spend, and believe in.

In light of all this, a wise person should view the current price as not so much a reason to be alarmed as an opportunity to be seized.

pastet89

Activity: 378
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 11:32:20 AM

The price has dropped because: (1) Someone has been very determined to wage a 51 percent attack against the coin. They are spending a lot of money and a lot of time to hurt the NobleCommunity because they don't want anyone shining a light on the dirty altcoin scene.  (2) Because of the 51 percent attacks, MintPal has seen the need to warn people who visit the NOBL trading page that it requires 999 confirmations to deposit NOBL.  The combined effect is people being nervous and the price going down.

The price will rise because: (1)  This is a living coin that is adapting to the challenges discussed above. The switch to POS will remove both of the previously mentioned problems. (2) This is the same living coin it was 5 months ago, with good people, a strong community, an honest dev, and a great vision to merge philanthropy, eCommerce, and Cryptocurrency. (3) The Noble Infrastructure is excellent. We are one of the few coins with such a robust marketplace for buying actual goods and services. More goods and services everyday. How would you like to buy Gold Bullion with crypto? Better hang on to your NOBL if you want to do that. (4) After the switch to POS, Rofo will have more time to focus on making the infrastructure and ecosystem around this coin even more amazing. (5) Noble is and always has been a coin built with a long term view of a future for crypto. NobleCoin is not just waiting for that future it is creating it. Noble is the coin you can hold, spend, and believe in.

In light of all this, a wise person should view the current price as not so much a reason to be alarmed as an opportunity to be seized.

The price dropped because all alts are going down. Face this fact once forever. All alts will die. And the only way to profit from an altcoin is to get in in the right moment for the pump before the dump.

Cryptostats.es
emercoin

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 12:07:44 PM

The price dropped because all alts are going down. Face this fact once forever. All alts will die. And the only way to profit from an altcoin is to get in in the right moment for the pump before the dump.

There is some validity to this for an altcoin chosen at random. But not for a coin like Noble that has built itself from the beginning with a long vision to promote philanthropy, eCommerce, and mainstream adoption of cryptocurrency.  

You can scroll through the list on MintPal and find dozens of coins that match your description because you are accurately describing the scene. One of the reasons to love Noble is because it is the exact opposite of what the current scene has to offer. Yes. Many coins were made by shady devs with the singular purpose of being pumped, dumped, and abandoned.  Contrast this with NobleCoin which existed 5 months ago and will exist 5, 10, and 20 months from now and beyond. What's wrong with the scene is that too many people are in it to get rich quick. What's right about Noble is that we are a community that is building the crypto world we want to live in over the long run.
coaex

Activity: 616
Merit: 503

@coaex - LBMA certified Gold & Silver

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 01:03:35 PM

We are sorry but we disabled NOBL temporarily just because Mintpal's 999 confirmation is too long for a merchant to run its business and we are unsure about Poloniex even though we have traded there, couple of times. However, this decision is somewhat different than we had taken for CommunityCoin and Memorycoin, a while ago. (Next coins to be disabled: Mintcoin and Feathercoin)
We still believe in NOBL and hope to issue NOBL bars when the time is right, even with eagle logo stamped on it.

I read some news, you guys are also trying to issue some NOBLE gold coins/bullion but having problems with some regulations. Am I right? Well, we have no problem with regulations here.
We can freely issue them from our gold refinery in Istanbul. The bad thing is we, as Coaex don't have enough funds for it. For an 8-pack set of gold bars (from 0.5 to 100 gram), 18K USD is required. (3K for each base weight) The good thing is that we will refund a great portion (haven't decided the exact percentage but it should be around 75%) of this 18K to the donators (by a FIFO method) while the gold have been selling. Alternatively, if we can reach a sale amount of 30K monthly, we can slowly introduce these gold bars. So I'm offering you a project, feel free to comment or ask me questions.

Coaex Precious Metals - Cryptocoin Gold and Silver Bullion
Wolf Rainer
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1022

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 01:37:21 PM

The price it´s dropping like a stone in the water. Im glad of the new coming changes, the POS stage and the renew marketing. I been here from the beginning of the coin and i feel part of this project.
cdg1941

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 05:08:43 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2014, 05:33:43 PM by cdg1941

The price it´s dropping like a stone in the water. Im glad of the new coming changes, the POS stage and the renew marketing. I been here from the beginning of the coin and i feel part of this project.

i believe that many of us feel as though we are part of Noble and that Noble s apart of us. that, i believe, is one of the reasons as to why the core community is so strong.

to be honest, in the short term i'm less concerned with the price, that being said i do understand public perception is an important aspect to keep on top of. the only issue with the current price that i see personally is, with the price so low it is hard to get people to use if for it's intended purpose, as a means and as a medium of exchange. since it takes soooo much to be able to make a purchase. for instance... myself.... mining since day one ( minus time without internet, and other unfortunate things) and holding about 700k.

in a case like mine it is hard to get me to purchase anything, after the time put in and my personal faith in Noble,  with the price so low there is not a chance that i'm going to sell any, or make a purchase any time soon. ( also my total amount is also including selling other mined coins and buying Noble { but most of them were bought at between 77 sat and 105 sat}).

NOBLECOIN                 NobleCoin Marketplace Beta NOW LIVE!    

noblecoin: 9jgw7GbHzLQ2pRjpu7yWbP8VrShSxvG89F
emercoin

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 05:37:37 PM

Im glad of the new coming changes, the POS stage and the renew marketing. I been here from the beginning of the coin and i feel part of this project.

I agree with you 100%.  I myself discovered NobleCoin more recently. I became interested in Altcoins after the Gox fiasco and I spent about a month researching different coins looking for one that had value.

After a month of searching, the one coin that puts it all together for me is NobleCoin. I believe in the NobleCoin values, mission, and people behind the coin. We have so much already going for us with this coin and the coming adaptation shows me this is a coin that is going to be here for a long while so that we can continue building the world for crypto that we want to live in.
RJF

Activity: 616

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 11:21:09 PM

This is simply a cycle like all others. Bitcoin goes down, Alts go down and, contrary to your statement, ALL Alts are not dropping and I seriously doubt that Alts will die. As in any other system, some will rise to fame and possibly fortune, others will die and new ones will take their place.

After all the noise and misdirection dies down a bit, coins with real value and something useful that distinguishes them from the pack will survive. There is no market or for that matter, thing in nature that stands completely alone without competition.

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
sualesso

Activity: 136
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 11:27:12 PM

I like NOBL from the begining.....I trust in you guys Smiley
Coinler

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 01:37:48 AM

nope the price is going down on all alts because they are vulnerable to asics and the greed of their owners quite comfortable to crash markets including the entire altcoin commodity options so that they alone can come out on top.

if we get rid of them, the infrastructure noble has setup will speak for itself. im already getting ready to invest heavily in noble over the longterm future with a new business and investment plan formulated around noblecoin services. sell as low as you guys like right now. but once this gets started i wont be giving the coins back via trade on the exchanges. lowering the price is only motivation to buy more coins. so thank you asics. noblecoin isnt just a coin or an investment.. it's business opportunity if u use ur head a little.

"Good things come to those who work"

needless to say.. the price does not make me worried at all. it will rebound but even if it doesnt and goes lower for a while.. all i have to say is.. thanks.
pikuchato

Activity: 728

Activity: yes

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:27:50 AM

needless to say.. the price does not make me worried at all. it will rebound but even if it doesnt and goes lower for a while.. all i have to say is.. thanks.

+1

I stopped to follow noble price for a while, We got it - someone is manipulating the market price in order to do something.
It might be in order to lower the total network hash.
It might be in order to buy cheap coins.
It might be in order to fuck with noble.

We don't give a flying fuck, they won't be able to do it once the volume/price rises, and it won't take long before it happens.

Coinler

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:50:57 AM

+1

I stopped to follow noble price for a while, We got it - someone is manipulating the market price in order to do something.
It might be in order to lower the total network hash.
It might be in order to buy cheap coins.
It might be in order to fuck with noble.

We don't give a flying fuck, they won't be able to do it once the volume/price rises, and it won't take long before it happens.

lol the reason why i think volume is so slow at these levels is because many investors jumped on board upwards of 100 satoshi in the last super pump. so all or a great deal of the early mined coins are up on that level. these dumps so far fit within the range of current mined coins minus those that are holding possibly with a small amount of daytrading. we should only start to see resistance upwards of 40 satoshi. but this time, there'll be no new coins to dump.

P.S. - Happy Father's Day to the fathers around Wink
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 02:33:21 PM

We are likely to see some movement/speculation when the fork date is nearing.
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:25:35 PM

I am commencing some investigatory coding for Noblecoin. I have been able to successfully build the windows Qt with a bit of patch work. I am hoping to get testnet running in order to test some forking Smiley

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:43:52 PM

I am commencing some investigatory coding for Noblecoin. I have been able to successfully build the windows Qt with a bit of patch work. I am hoping to get testnet running in order to test some forking Smiley

cool, good to hear!
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 05:01:42 PM

cool, good to hear!

I have had no communication with official devs right now, and am simply in the stage of exploring for personal curiosity... Just so everyone is clear.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 06:17:26 PM

I haven't kept track of Noble goings on lately, and just checked in now... see the coin is going POS... interesting, and probably a good idea.

My preference for the POS change would be to use an exchange or two for the swapover, rather than rely on wallets. I think a lot of people are lazy (and probably myself too), so would rather an exchange just handle all of that stuff for them.

Couple of questions:

Is that partner coin thing still going to happen? I recall the idea was for POS (and various flavor) coins to be made as partner coins to Noble, allowing swaps or given free to Noble holders. That still in the works?

Marketplace discount up to 30% still planned?

And as for Noble itself, I think the goal shouldn't necessarily be big returns, or to raise the price to some insane level, but simply look for stability. At whatever price it gets to (hopefully more than it currently is), all you need is for the coin to remain relatively stable. That way people can focus on the marketplace and use the coin as an actual currency. If a crypto has wild swings, nobody will want to spend it. Nobody wants to buy some item using crypto and find out 2 weeks from now they just spent 10x more than they should have. The more stable a coin is, the more likely people will use it at the marketplace.

Pages: « 1 ... 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 [382] 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: