Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:58:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 [431] 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1052966 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 04:58:25 AM

Agx.io is still on front page of noblemovement!! needs removing!

Good find, very important!

Fixed and replaced.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 09:26:39 AM

Would it be possible to implement 2fa in the wallet? Maybe only for sending coins. This way You can unlock wallet for staking, but still be protected in case your pc gets compromised.
james6546

Activity: 691
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 10:57:28 AM

Would it be possible to implement 2fa in the wallet? Maybe only for sending coins. This way You can unlock wallet for staking, but still be protected in case your pc gets compromised.

Think we have discussed something like this before, I think we were going to have an "Unlock wallet for minting" option
NorrisK
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 01:28:54 PM

And how about adding it as a general feature to enhance security?
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 02:05:03 PM

I can see 2FA being a pretty sweet addition, though it is close to multisig.

IRC Latest:

<Boreiv> good news all around
<kresut> good to hear
<Rofo> know weve also got a couple of projects in the works that will legitimatly burn a decent amount of NOBL also to reduce supply
<Rofo> legitimately
<Rofo> though not quite another fork of counterparty
<ruan> still reducing to 5 billion noble? so we'll have less than that
<Rofo> well with PoS its more of a soft cap
<Rofo> but the PoS will be a lower (but still attractive %) at this point since the high-PoS crowd arent really working with us any longer
<cryptobum> still think a comparatively high POS is the way forward!
<cryptobum> if possible
<Rofo> so do i, i still think it needs to be an attractively high number
<Rofo> but 175% was too much
<Rofo> and scares away people/doesnt help public perception
<Rofo> as we saw
<cryptobum> middle ground 2 be found
<Rofo> yes
<Rofo> it also looks like we'll stay PoW for security/backup reasons on a MM pool with groestl algo, but the mined amount in that regard will be a token amount and have little effect on inflation
<Rofo> keep in mind these are just the new talks, weve been back and forth with too many parties for too long
<Rofo> so finalizing DMD team to step in and help with the fork, in return we share marketplace with them at this point
<Rofo> finalizing points now though looks promising
<Rofo> then i can unload everything else which i think will have a far better effect on price than pos switch
<ruan> 50-100%?
<cryptobum> are we still on for getting things done this week?
<Rofo> 50-100% first yeah seems so atm yes
<Rofo> and yes cryptobum looks like it, active in talks today and yesterday so far with DMD team over skype
<Rofo> so fingers crossed this is the last leg of the wait
<cryptobum> small bug. when yr on https://marketplace.noblemovement.com , click on 'marketplace' at top right and it sends u 2 a blanck page with an @ in address bar
<Rofo> sorry fixed thanks
<cryptobum> all sounds promissing!! Smiley
<Rofo> if youre watching the marketplace youll be seeing the 200+ gift cards being added, mining and tech gear is next
<cryptobum> like the direction marketplace is heading
<Rofo> then the discounts will start being applied at higher rates to larger holders to entice buying/holding rather than flipping to get a discount only
<cryptobum> very good work
<Rofo> cheers, i just have a lot of different projects on my plate hence the speed of updates
<cryptobum> i can imagine
<Rofo> work/team/support shrinks with market cap and rises with the cap
<Rofo> back and forth lol
<kresut> just don't unload them all at once Smiley
<Rofo> i wont be lol
<kresut> Wink
<cryptobum> how is gold looking at the mo?
<Rofo> i need about 1btc for the final license i think, but i dont want to score that by dumping any reserves
<Rofo> so will be funding that after pos with the new projects or if we get a big pump
<Rofo> got all of amagi metals supplies ready to be rolled out
<Rofo> will be adding all of australian perth mint stuff too since i have an account with them
<Rofo> most of it is money-related, i regret a little not turning the reserves into BTC back in the day to make this smoother sailing
<Rofo> but the whole point was not to dump it lol
<cryptobum> cld do a fund raiser 4 licence, ill put.1 btcs?
<Rofo> well
<Rofo> lets sort out pos first then ill feel nicer asking for donations once the morale is back and looking forward Smiley
<cryptobum> yes
<Rofo> and i can list any donation requirements and the licensing
<cryptobum> POS no 1 priority 4 sure!!!!
<Rofo> yep
<Rofo> so were still also on mintpal for now
<Rofo> their market listing was BS
<Rofo> and we'll be on altmarket which has a lot of potential
<Rofo> though i think i just said that earlier sorry lol
<kresut> so how would you summarize the transition to PoS - ETA: 1/2 weeks? / code work: DMD dev team (?) / method: swap (on the exchange or just updating the client) ?
<Rofo> as you know timeframes working with external devs (and me having perhaps too high of a dream to hardfork rather than swap) mean timeframes bite me in the ass
<kresut> yep
<Rofo> but it looks like DMD will step in and publicly commit & fork our github ready at least this week with final specs public
<Rofo> they say a fork is good, if its not well swap so it doesnt affect timeline any more
<Rofo> 2-3 weeks
<Rofo> DMD dev team
<kresut> okay, thanks
<Rofo> we team up closer ill be working on realworld uses and NOBL projects
<Rofo> they get marketplace and we get fulltime PoS support
<Rofo> i can handle a lot of PoS stuff myself also, just initial specs, security and fork was beyond me
<Rofo> hardforks im more paranoid about getting right, the wallet and feature updates though is a different story
<Rofo> https://www.noblemovement.com/
<Rofo> services dropdown getting ready for post-pos
<Rofo> actually ill be adding to that also regarding marketplace listings/promos with fees paid in NOBL
<Rofo> yes DMD is just as confident that is possible, theyve been through hell & back experimenting & improving DMD through multiple forks over a year and their latest dev has spent months reverse-engineering PoS it seems so he is confident
<Rofo> the DMD team have a very similar crypto philosophy to many of us and being both smaller market cap coins we are often overlooked but this will give us lots of room and good synergy to grow

NorrisK
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 03:01:30 PM

I can see 2FA being a pretty sweet addition, though it is close to multisig.

Multisig has the Same vulnerabilties of You dony physically seperate the priv keys or use the Same password right? Also of You have a keylogger You are compromised. 2fa doesn't have the Same inherent security risk.

Not sure how hard it is to built 2fa in the wallet though.
fairglu
Legendary

Activity: 1100
Merit: 1030

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 03:30:15 PM

Not sure how hard it is to built 2fa in the wallet though.

Can it be done in the wallet at all? the wallet will have to check the 2fa against local data, and if the pc is compromised, then that local data is compromised as well.

It's not like a website where 2FA is checked by the server, so you have 3 parties: the browser/client app, the server and the device with 2FA. So 2FA is meant to resist the browser/client app OR the device being compromised, assuming they are not both compromised, and that of course the server is not compromised either.
With the wallet, the client app and the server are the same, no?

CrazyLoaf

Activity: 763
Merit: 534

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 03:41:05 PM

So what is the PoS rate and parameters going to be upon fork?
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 03:55:40 PM

i did launch on DMD Diamond ANN thread a competition
how often DMD can be found in ur latest IRC chatlog  Grin

yes we can

but 2 weeks is to short timeframe
i would say a month maybe for first release and a few weeks later a second release
release one would be  convertion to POW/POS with keeping blockchain but change algo to groestl and activate POS
(POW and POS specs designed by rofo we just deliver the framework)
and in second stage release together with DMD focus is merged mining.
(merged mining = if u mine on the merged mining pools u get mining rewards from both coins with ur hashrate and u secure both networks with ur hashrate. basical 4Ghash+ of our groestl nethashrate would also protect NOBL together with POS thats a big security leap forward)

like always in such dev tasks the timeframe is estimate
there can be things that easy make out of estimated 1 month 3 months....

IRC Latest:

<Boreiv> good news all around
<kresut> good to hear
<Rofo> know weve also got a couple of projects in the works that will legitimatly burn a decent amount of NOBL also to reduce supply
<Rofo> legitimately
<Rofo> though not quite another fork of counterparty
<ruan> still reducing to 5 billion noble? so we'll have less than that
<Rofo> well with PoS its more of a soft cap
<Rofo> but the PoS will be a lower (but still attractive %) at this point since the high-PoS crowd arent really working with us any longer
<cryptobum> still think a comparatively high POS is the way forward!
<cryptobum> if possible
<Rofo> so do i, i still think it needs to be an attractively high number
<Rofo> but 175% was too much
<Rofo> and scares away people/doesnt help public perception
<Rofo> as we saw
<cryptobum> middle ground 2 be found
<Rofo> yes
<Rofo> it also looks like we'll stay PoW for security/backup reasons on a MM pool with groestl algo, but the mined amount in that regard will be a token amount and have little effect on inflation
<Rofo> keep in mind these are just the new talks, weve been back and forth with too many parties for too long
<Rofo> so finalizing DMD team to step in and help with the fork, in return we share marketplace with them at this point
<Rofo> finalizing points now though looks promising
<Rofo> then i can unload everything else which i think will have a far better effect on price than pos switch
<ruan> 50-100%?
<cryptobum> are we still on for getting things done this week?
<Rofo> 50-100% first yeah seems so atm yes
<Rofo> and yes cryptobum looks like it, active in talks today and yesterday so far with DMD team over skype
<Rofo> so fingers crossed this is the last leg of the wait
<cryptobum> small bug. when yr on https://marketplace.noblemovement.com , click on 'marketplace' at top right and it sends u 2 a blanck page with an @ in address bar
<Rofo> sorry fixed thanks
<cryptobum> all sounds promissing!! Smiley
<Rofo> if youre watching the marketplace youll be seeing the 200+ gift cards being added, mining and tech gear is next
<cryptobum> like the direction marketplace is heading
<Rofo> then the discounts will start being applied at higher rates to larger holders to entice buying/holding rather than flipping to get a discount only
<cryptobum> very good work
<Rofo> cheers, i just have a lot of different projects on my plate hence the speed of updates
<cryptobum> i can imagine
<Rofo> work/team/support shrinks with market cap and rises with the cap
<Rofo> back and forth lol
<kresut> just don't unload them all at once Smiley
<Rofo> i wont be lol
<kresut> Wink
<cryptobum> how is gold looking at the mo?
<Rofo> i need about 1btc for the final license i think, but i dont want to score that by dumping any reserves
<Rofo> so will be funding that after pos with the new projects or if we get a big pump
<Rofo> got all of amagi metals supplies ready to be rolled out
<Rofo> will be adding all of australian perth mint stuff too since i have an account with them
<Rofo> most of it is money-related, i regret a little not turning the reserves into BTC back in the day to make this smoother sailing
<Rofo> but the whole point was not to dump it lol
<cryptobum> cld do a fund raiser 4 licence, ill put.1 btcs?
<Rofo> well
<Rofo> lets sort out pos first then ill feel nicer asking for donations once the morale is back and looking forward Smiley
<cryptobum> yes
<Rofo> and i can list any donation requirements and the licensing
<cryptobum> POS no 1 priority 4 sure!!!!
<Rofo> yep
<Rofo> so were still also on mintpal for now
<Rofo> their market listing was BS
<Rofo> and we'll be on altmarket which has a lot of potential
<Rofo> though i think i just said that earlier sorry lol
<kresut> so how would you summarize the transition to PoS - ETA: 1/2 weeks? / code work: DMD dev team (?) / method: swap (on the exchange or just updating the client) ?
<Rofo> as you know timeframes working with external devs (and me having perhaps too high of a dream to hardfork rather than swap) mean timeframes bite me in the ass
<kresut> yep
<Rofo> but it looks like DMD will step in and publicly commit & fork our github ready at least this week with final specs public
<Rofo> they say a fork is good, if its not well swap so it doesnt affect timeline any more
<Rofo> 2-3 weeks
<Rofo> DMD dev team
<kresut> okay, thanks
<Rofo> we team up closer ill be working on realworld uses and NOBL projects
<Rofo> they get marketplace and we get fulltime PoS support
<Rofo> i can handle a lot of PoS stuff myself also, just initial specs, security and fork was beyond me
<Rofo> hardforks im more paranoid about getting right, the wallet and feature updates though is a different story
<Rofo> https://www.noblemovement.com/
<Rofo> services dropdown getting ready for post-pos
<Rofo> actually ill be adding to that also regarding marketplace listings/promos with fees paid in NOBL
<Rofo> yes DMD is just as confident that is possible, theyve been through hell & back experimenting & improving DMD through multiple forks over a year and their latest dev has spent months reverse-engineering PoS it seems so he is confident
<Rofo> the DMD team have a very similar crypto philosophy to many of us and being both smaller market cap coins we are often overlooked but this will give us lots of room and good synergy to grow

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
RJF

Activity: 616

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 12:54:55 PM

Anyone have a CURRENT .conf they might want to share? Wallet could not find any nodes this morning....

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
NorrisK
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 06:13:53 PM

Anyone have a CURRENT .conf they might want to share? Wallet could not find any nodes this morning....

I'm having the same problem when I tried to update my blockchain this week.
nanoprobe
Legendary

Activity: 980

Traveling in subspace

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 10:50:27 PM

I haven't had my wallet open for a couple of weeks but I just started it and it synced right up. Here's my conf file. Hope it helps.

listen=1
daemon=1
addnode=95.25.107.21:55884
addnode=50.149.31.242:55884
addnode=50.66.72.155:55884
addnode=173.78.40.56:55884
addnode=74.106.247.33:55884
addnode=24.10.237.35:55884
addnode=54.201.183.106:55884
addnode=78.154.7.25:55884
addnode=68.229.96.88:55884
addnode=185.9.62.204:55884
addnode=98.202.145.62:55884

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.
Never look back, something might be gaining on you.
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 01:30:51 AM

Hope the previously listed nodes sufficed.

- Escrow services tentatively launched (due to personal requests) - will flesh this out and start a reputation thread, as you see fees will be placed as market bids. - https://www.noblemovement.com/nobleescrow/

- DMD (namedropping them again) are improving their code. I will leave it to the DMD team to give final confirmation on specs. once they feel ready/comfortable - very professional so far and we are in constant communication over Skype.

- Post-PoS a buyback scheme + our first experimental partner coin will be announced soon - these should allow many of those who are unhappy with the PoS specs to 'cash-out' at the prices they may have entered with. An important attribute of the partner 'coins' (or assets) will be the burning (permanently 'destroying') of NOBL to decrease supply. They will act as a hedge for those who prefer to invest in other codebases or platforms, and bring some life back into $NOBL post-PoS. Perhaps pre-announced near end of month depending on market conditions.

- You can now buy Adidas, American Airlines, Dell, Overstock & Tiger Direct cards @ 15% off + more. Watch this space grow: http://marketplace.noblemovement.com/product-category/gift-cards/.

- 'Nobility' will be a three-tiered reward system for marketplace deals/group-buys & special offers. Bronze/silver/gold and will reward genuine supporters/investors - discounts think 5% base level, 10% bronze level, 15% silver level, 20% gold level, as well as access to group-buys, investor/support benefits and profit-sharing (from coin-additions & promotional fees). Info. for this project will come next week.

- As tribute to my DMD friends I will be exploring relationships with both http://www.since1910.com/ & http://www.reeds.com/ (who both accept BTC) for addition to our marketplace. Hoping we can establish a similar relationship/agreement I have with Amagi Metals (https://www.amagimetals.com/)

As you can see we have a lot of projects on our plate and many just require the right catalyst to move forward. I am in the process of creating the official ANNs & information of all so please be patient. Any community initiatives to help grow NOBL are also greatly appreciated.

Honeypot

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 04:58:46 AM

- Escrow services tentatively launched (due to personal requests) - will flesh this out and start a reputation thread, as you see fees will be placed as market bids. - https://www.noblemovement.com/nobleescrow/

- DMD (namedropping them again) are improving their code. I will leave it to the DMD team to give final confirmation on specs. once they feel ready/comfortable - very professional so far and we are in constant communication over Skype.

- Post-PoS a buyback scheme + our first experimental partner coin will be announced soon - these should allow many of those who are unhappy with the PoS specs to 'cash-out' at the prices they may have entered with. An important attribute of the partner 'coins' (or assets) will be the burning (permanently 'destroying') of NOBL to decrease supply. They will act as a hedge for those who prefer to invest in other codebases or platforms, and bring some life back into $NOBL post-PoS. Perhaps pre-announced near end of month depending on market conditions.

- You can now buy Adidas, American Airlines, Dell, Overstock & Tiger Direct cards @ 15% off + more. Watch this space grow: http://marketplace.noblemovement.com/product-category/gift-cards/.

- 'Nobility' will be a three-tiered reward system for marketplace deals/group-buys & special offers. Bronze/silver/gold and will reward genuine supporters/investors - discounts think 5% base level, 10% bronze level, 15% silver level, 20% gold level, as well as access to group-buys, investor/support benefits and profit-sharing (from coin-additions & promotional fees). Info. for this project will come next week.

- As tribute to my DMD friends I will be exploring relationships with both http://www.since1910.com/ & http://www.reeds.com/ (who both accept BTC) for addition to our marketplace. Hoping we can establish a similar relationship/agreement I have with Amagi Metals (https://www.amagimetals.com/)

As you can see we have a lot of projects on our plate and many just require the right catalyst to move forward. I am in the process of creating the official ANNs & information of all so please be patient. Any community initiatives to help grow NOBL are also greatly appreciated.

If this and rofo's public profile doesn't make you think this coin isn't legitimate, I don't know what will.

Noblecoin is one of the few only professional coins in existence, including bitcoin.
NorrisK
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 07:31:52 AM

Im expecting soms movement soon!

How is the pos campaign going? Maybe we should create a thread about it? Or is it not allowed in current btt rules?
spofas

Activity: 261
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 07:38:08 AM

This stuff just makes these months' wait all worth it.
GJ Rofo!

Edit: https://altmarket.com/about Nice to see NOBL already up there.

james6546

Activity: 691

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 07:53:30 AM

Thanks for the update, very exciting.

I reckon we should tie some of these coming out with another big PoA campaign, as it went well last time.
ctenc001

Activity: 910

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 10:49:01 AM

I'm more than happy to change up the PoA actions to include some of these announcements and continue the campaign. Just need someone to come up with the specific actions!
Next pay out should be today! 
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 02:09:06 PM

I'm glad to see that Noblecoin has continued to persevere through this fairly tumultuous time (i.e., the price of btc starting to downtrend quite heavily). I really see NOBL being one of the lasting coins from early 2014 (a.k.a. 2.0 coins). Keep up the great work Rofo and team!

I will say though, I am curious to see how far diversified the marketplace can become outside of the gift card scene.
voephilis

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 06:24:47 PM

we have hit 2,008,000,000 NOBLs! Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 [431] 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: