Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:21:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ####[ANN][SCRYPT][0% PREMINE]CCOIN LAUNCHED!!! EARN SOME CCOINS NOW!####  (Read 33855 times)
WASPJoe

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 01:28:16 PM

Thanks for all the work Joe. It is appreciated.

I would like to have a faucet with email verification, as of right now, it just verifies IP addresses which can easily be spoofed. However, it's the best I could make happen with the options out there. There is a MPOS style faucet that is in the works, but unfortunately, there are just too many bugs right now. Perhaps when you get yours done, we'll implement it. For now, this will work. When I can get the subdomain going, I'll post it and Beastly can update the main post.

I've also been thinking a little bit about how we can make this coin stick out. There have been a few coins come on lately that have implemented code that allows them to be merge mined. I think if we're able to adapt that code into ccoin, with the additional of a gravity well and perhaps transaction messaging, that will give us a distinct advantage. Not only could people mine, for example, LTC but also merge mine CCO. Give it some thoughts and feedback, but I think that would be great.

Again, I would like to see this coin hit an exchange, but not before it's ready. I want to build a solid community around it before it does because the minute it does, it opens up the possibility for huge miners to come in and take advantage. I don't want this coin to die like the rest with high difffs and stalled miners. I know we could fork it and move on, but I'd like to see us stable before that happens. So lets get some more pools online, and let's try and generate more interest in the coin.

Good job to all!
merged mining cco as a child chain is something i've been toying around with for a while and if the community's general consensus is such then we will do it. Personally I'm all for it because it allows both CCO and *enter coin name here* to have a stronger network. I figure the #1 coin that would be the parent chain would be LTC but it's possible to use any coin so we might want to look in to marketing doge as a parent chain as well. I'd prefer us to not have to fork until we have final code updates (vs due to jerks profitability mining). It just becomes a mess when you fork a huge network. Making a coin wtih tx messaging to is a child chain will take a lot of work, but it would open up a really cool world of options. I'd like to make the merged mining update so easy that even a monkey could implement it. That would give so many coins limping along the ability to keep their block chains running.

I agree its best for the project to be completely mature before it gets slammed. I have a really early write up of what I'm calling an "Everest climb" which will inflate the diff super rapidly if the hashrate jumps too much (let's say 300% in 5 minutes). To the extent where it's over inflated to a too high diff on purpose to thwart off profitability miners crippling the network completely. Integrating that with the advanced gravity well ("Blackhole") should even out block times better. My #1 goal is to make a diff algo/filter that is immune to hopping and keeps the network within 1% of the protocol specification no matter what. (A hopping resistant coin).

It's sad that a developer has to spend more of their time figuring out how do defend their network against miners than it does against actual threats.

Is this coin new? when was the launch day?
January 11th, 2014.

Thanks to those adding pools. As i have said time and time again, I will not run a ccoin pool so no one cries wolf and says I'm scamming people.

I absolutely love the idea of merge mining with DOGE. I love the DOGE community. I think it's the most active community (aside from BTC) about development, giving, community and more out of all the crypto's. I love the idea of securing ccoin's network with the DOGE network and if we're the first coin to do that, it will not only secure our network if people adopt it, but bolster coin support and popularity. I think we should implement that over tx messaging.

Then I think i'll drop the tx messaging applications for now and try to get merged mining going. I'll give updates as I can.

Beastly has taken down ccoin.info to finish updates. I have not discussed this with him, but i think if the community here as a whole agrees, general consensus will win.

thanks for the patience, and I'm sorry for anyone thinking that this project is not being updated fast enough. I want to once again remind people: a good project takes time to investigate, develop, and implement new features versus just shoving them out as fast as possible.

Developer CCoin ccoin.info / Proof-of-Pizza | Help me dig out of school debt 14VcK4aTHDcu9NEwrD4FhxfwVsFoKP5ic7

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 01:50:46 PM

when i open the wallet i get the following:

momchilandonov

Activity: 121
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 03:02:22 PM

So do I. Removing the ccoin.conf block index and block files doesn't help...
squiggie

Activity: 147

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 03:26:50 PM

So do I. Removing the ccoin.conf block index and block files doesn't help...

I've been getting that on my main machine as well. I moved the client to another Windows XP laptop and it doesn't have the issue. I'm trying to work on getting the updated src from Joe with the checkpoints compiled and see if it makes a difference.

momchilandonov

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 05:36:23 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2014, 07:26:29 PM by momchilandonov

This problem should be fixed soon. I deleted the roaming folder and extracted the client again and it still gives the very same error. But on another Win 7 x64 it doesn't make problems.

The problem occurs when one tries to SOLO MINE! Which is very lame. It happened because of this yesterday. For some reason today I didn't had problems but I had to download all the block histrory synched fine and the moment I tried solo mining on port 44222 a crash occured!
squiggie

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 08:18:13 PM

This problem should be fixed soon. I deleted the roaming folder and extracted the client again and it still gives the very same error. But on another Win 7 x64 it doesn't make problems.

The problem occurs when one tries to SOLO MINE! Which is very lame. It happened because of this yesterday. For some reason today I didn't had problems but I had to download all the block histrory synched fine and the moment I tried solo mining on port 44222 a crash occured!

Yes, I can replicate this as well. I'm still trying to work through rebuilding the windows wallet from source to see if it helps.

GPK260

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:53:27 PM

Ami had done a rebuild of the windows wallet and cleaned it up - I'll grab the link

Freicoin Donations: 13dvY6AStLLSJ9VEKTSJDYkzWdgeGeyE6q
Bitcoin Donations: 1BkLCL6teSx1CRwT8yn7Qrv8hvVinuUKZx
UK Police Fraud Crime number opened against Black Arrow: NFRC141000810656
GPK260

Activity: 94

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:55:20 PM

http://cwcyrix.no-ip.info/

She hosting it  just untill the new site is up and running

Freicoin Donations: 13dvY6AStLLSJ9VEKTSJDYkzWdgeGeyE6q
Bitcoin Donations: 1BkLCL6teSx1CRwT8yn7Qrv8hvVinuUKZx
UK Police Fraud Crime number opened against Black Arrow: NFRC141000810656
ickyt2012

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:41:32 PM

Another C-coin was launched last week

https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/6719-c-coin-ccn-information/

Its already listed for voting on all the major exchanges. This will be a problem if we're trying to get votes also

Cryptocurrency.... because hey, fiat money is just imaginary too
bethy08

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:37:24 PM

lol

What will I do with all these worthless coins Huh
tron666

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:23:30 PM

Its already listed for voting on all the major exchanges. This will be a problem if we're trying to get votes also

that makes it the third ccoin out there.  Hmmm :/

CCO   MNVPaetsHpxr97mRDqqPuV6PQoSVbFgPVE    NEM-test  TBZXHE-TD6AO6-PHSFZL-SZ7MWS-JEEI7C-EFCUC2-7Y7V
LTC    LcAQUMNhqDYesRRYMxMAsE5rhAAseDMDp7
XPM   AHDtLd993oYke4Zrm5dDG5WGtgyaUaMTCK
NXT   16706883867271464458
DOGE DBGiKBD1HZ8yfTdTcX5m8T7mY4X4cUVnEz
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:48:08 PM

Pffft, CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCoin is better because it has more C's than yours
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:06:00 PM

Pffft, CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCoin is better because it has more C's than yours

and to pronounce it you cross your eyes and stutter the name ca-ca-ca-ca-ca-coin
momchilandonov

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 05:31:43 PM

http://cco.pool.mineabit.com/index.php
This pool is not working these days and notice it shows pool hashrate of aroudn 144 khash/s yet no new shares are generated.
Beastlymac (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 12:31:12 AM

Website is currently down as i am changing hosting and updating it. A faucet will also be linked on the website once everything is back up.

Message me if you have any problems
WASPJoe

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 10:08:48 AM

Website is currently down as i am changing hosting and updating it. A faucet will also be linked on the website once everything is back up.
I see it's still down, do you need hosting for ccoin.info ? I can host it for you temporarily. If its a bandwidth problem, I've got multiple gbit links available for hosting the binaries. I pay for the bandwidth and never use more than 10-25% of the monthly allocation anyway.

and to pronounce it you cross your eyes and stutter the name ca-ca-ca-ca-ca-coin
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
That's quite funny actually. I enjoyed it Smiley
On a serious note: make sure you are mining the coin you think you are. Just remember when Bitcoin sCrypt came out...

this will be a headache, but I'll try to reach out to those exchanges and let them know CCO != CCN
http://cwcyrix.no-ip.info/

She hosting it  just untill the new site is up and running
Use her binary, its more brushed up than mine is right now. It also has a better build. Ami is a good girl for sure.

Thanks Ami!

Developer CCoin ccoin.info / Proof-of-Pizza | Help me dig out of school debt 14VcK4aTHDcu9NEwrD4FhxfwVsFoKP5ic7
squiggie

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 02:26:04 AM

@WASPJoe @Beastlymac

Is there anything else I can do to help this coin? I feel like I should be doing something else to help. I too can help with web hosting or some other needs. Unfortunately I don't have any experience programming C++ so I cannot help with any of the actual coin development. I've also been spinning my wheels getting a gitian build going and unfortunately have given up on that.

I would like to see this coin make some more traction or make a unique contribution to the coin community, but I feel like we might be loosing ground to the hundreds of other clones out there that have a huge pump. I know you all are in it for the long haul, and I see what kind of community you've built up around FRC. I just want to be able to contribute like that, so please let me know if there is anything else I can be doing.

Lathanium

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:38:55 PM

Hi Beastlymac, requesting a refund for my Gridseed order.  Total to refund 20 diginforce order and delivery is BTC 8.2704.  See PM Sent to: Beastlymac on: March 13, 2014, 03:13:44 PM.  Please send to this address 1MoykxL1mnNzRokbtEjjPtRRo7YahLiqBy
WASPJoe

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 07:51:47 PM

@WASPJoe @Beastlymac

Is there anything else I can do to help this coin? I feel like I should be doing something else to help. I too can help with web hosting or some other needs. Unfortunately I don't have any experience programming C++ so I cannot help with any of the actual coin development. I've also been spinning my wheels getting a gitian build going and unfortunately have given up on that.

I would like to see this coin make some more traction or make a unique contribution to the coin community, but I feel like we might be loosing ground to the hundreds of other clones out there that have a huge pump. I know you all are in it for the long haul, and I see what kind of community you've built up around FRC. I just want to be able to contribute like that, so please let me know if there is anything else I can be doing.
Sorry i am just now getting back to you, I've been recoding my entire pool along with having to take a break as I'm doing a bit of other coding.

One thing that I've done to get a good community going is to simply add a chatbox to your pool page. It sounds silly, but if you can man it and keep it from being all shills you can create a nice community. I know i redirect anyone gpu mining to go over to ccoin. A simple irc applet could work for what is needed too.

Hi Beastlymac, requesting a refund for my Gridseed order.  Total to refund 20 diginforce order and delivery is BTC 8.2704.  See PM Sent to: Beastlymac on: March 13, 2014, 03:13:44 PM.  Please send to this address 1MoykxL1mnNzRokbtEjjPtRRo7YahLiqBy
Can you please pend him an email or a PM, or use his thread. This thread is for discussion of the coin. Moving off the topic of the coin can derail a thread and make it difficult for people to find information about the current updates to this coin.
thank you

WASPJoe

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:51:14 AM

Some pretty exciting things are happening behind the scenes with ccoin. I can't go in to all the details now, but we're close to having ccoin up to snuff with the litecoin code. Hopefully by the end of this summer we are able to get directly in line with the bitcoin client code.

What i can also disclose is that I'm working to make ccoin a parent chain for merged mineable scrypt coins. To make a good cace study, I am also working on a merge mineable coin that is able to accept AUXPoW from any scrypt based coin. Eventually I'm hoping to get the merge minable coin to accept AUXPoW from any sha-256, scrypt, XPM, or SHA3 coin that supports merged mining. What this means is that I am using CCoin as the proof of concept that we can make a singular coin that is merge mineable across any coin. In other words, an all encompassing coin that can be used as a unit of account cross chain.

Another thing I can say is once FreiMarkets for FreiCoin is done, I will be working to implement it on CCoin, which means native support for user issued assets and sub-transactions.

I've got a ton of ongoing projects, so anyone who is interested in helping, please give a reply here that you are interested.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: