Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:34:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HBN Investment Journal - 2% returns every ten days - 90,000+ HBN Porfolio  (Read 69822 times)
mighty jol

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 01:44:19 PM

is it good to buy at thoses prices? 30K seems a bit high  to me even tought bids are still huge

The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
unick

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 02:57:56 PM

is it good to buy at thoses prices? 30K seems a bit high  to me even tought bids are still huge

High relative to what?

What it can be or what it have been?

I personally think this is still a low price relative to supply money available and current development projects.  It is one of the few coins out there that actually have active development and dynamic community that back it up, regardless of current prices AND/OR pump/dump scenarios.  If you think/believe that this can go from 0.50$/HBN to 1$/HBN in the near future, I'd say it's a good time to buy.

But that's just my biased opinion.  I would love to get tokyo's and others opinion on whether or not 30k sat is a good entry point.

Awesome Explorers for Awesome Coins | Show some BTC love here: 1AAYAZgaz2me7hyumexUZzcyGRZEYtCx5C
HoboNickels: hbn.blockx.info | BottleCaps: cap.blockx.info | GrowthCoin: grw.blockx.info
mighty jol

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 03:14:42 PM

relative to what it was proced lately, technicaly it looks good and on an upward move but honestly i will believe the 1$/HBN when i see it ^^

still right now i find it hard to look for an entry (even tought the pos return would average my losses in case of a correction)

presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 04:10:38 PM

relative to what it was proced lately, technicaly it looks good and on an upward move but honestly i will believe the 1$/HBN when i see it ^^

still right now i find it hard to look for an entry (even tought the pos return would average my losses in case of a correction)

I have an order in right now for 1,000 HBN @ .00031250 - is that price "high"?? I don't know maybe I guess. Would I rather have 1,000 HBN than 0.3125 BTC?? Absolutely.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
tokyoghetto (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 04:34:37 PM

people thought BTC at $2 was high, then at $15, then $45, then $100...well you get the idea. The price is the price there really is no "too high" or "too low"...unless there is evidence otherwise. I knew Whitecoin was "too high" because of wafflepool having to dump 5 million coins...now look at Whitecoin price.

There is no evidence that says the price of HBN is too high, but when you compare it to other coins...its too low. buy!
Digi7ech

Activity: 121

HBN <3

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 06:41:11 PM

I'm kicking myself for not buying before the big push we had a month or two ago.

I was selling a few thousand @6000-9000. I then sold some off at 18k to pay my mining rigs electric bill.

There will be short term peaks and valley's but it seems like HBN will only go up.

Like Tokyo said,
It has a solid Dev that has actually fixed a lot of stuff. Probably one of the few with heartbleed update.

Then a really good point. Decent or honest Pools. I've been on too many shady or "low hash" pools that stole my mining power/earnings.

Hobo Nickel rocks!
HBN: ErCmri4PCGc1HAQtsufpWA7M1M9tjRdTb6
precrime3

Activity: 84

PM for journalist,typing,and data entry services.

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 06:46:21 PM

What you guys think of Cinni and Darkcoin as investments?

CrazyLoaf

Activity: 763
Merit: 534

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 07:28:37 PM

I'd extend this to what is the vibe on AC, WC, and FAC? Pretty much down 50%+ on these.
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 07:31:21 PM

I have a hard time of seeing Cinni going very far with a 15 second block time. People complain about loading the HBN chain, think of a chain twice as big.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
tokyoghetto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 10:13:47 PM

I don't like Cinni because its distribution was short. All the attention was on Whitecoin and Asiacoin and the Cinni devs pretty much backdoored the release. No mention of the short PoW mining period on the main website or the OP in the [ANN] thread. So a newbie coming in would have no idea about the instamine this coin had, during the beginning of a holiday no less. The fact that it was added to mintpal so quick is shady aswell.

Self-moderated thread.
15 second blocks.
100 days max age.
3.5 % annually.
They are also releasing a hardfork. The new client was developed by rat4, who is the dev for Blackcoin. HUGE RED FLAG. What happens when rat4 decides to no longer help Cinnicoin. So you have a hyped up, backdoor released, instamined coin with a lead dev who can't code and has to depend on devs from other coins for help. Also hiding the short PoW mining period is a shady move.

there you go, reasons why you should AVOID Cinni. Lots of kool-aid drinking over in the Cinni thread so I would be careful.

As far as Darkcoin goes, it looks like the devs know their stuff. But as a PoS investment, I wouldn't consider it.
precrime3

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 10:37:28 PM

I don't like Cinni because its distribution was short. All the attention was on Whitecoin and Asiacoin and the Cinni devs pretty much backdoored the release. No mention of the short PoW mining period on the main website or the OP in the [ANN] thread. So a newbie coming in would have no idea about the instamine this coin had, during the beginning of a holiday no less. The fact that it was added to mintpal so quick is shady aswell.

Self-moderated thread.
15 second blocks.
100 days max age.
3.5 % annually.
They are also releasing a hardfork. The new client was developed by rat4, who is the dev for Blackcoin. HUGE RED FLAG. What happens when rat4 decides to no longer help Cinnicoin. So you have a hyped up, backdoor released, instamined coin with a lead dev who can't code and has to depend on devs from other coins for help. Also hiding the short PoW mining period is a shady move.

there you go, reasons why you should AVOID Cinni. Lots of kool-aid drinking over in the Cinni thread so I would be careful.

As far as Darkcoin goes, it looks like the devs know their stuff. But as a PoS investment, I wouldn't consider it.

Proof of stake investment darkcoin? No, I meant just holding on for speculative investment, as it seems the technologies should see a rise in value in next weeks or so. It rose to a $1 today, so yeah.

Trishula

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 03:24:31 PM

Excellent thread so much info!!! Thank you!!!
tokyoghetto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 03:30:59 PM

You are very welcome. I hope you stick around and join the Hobonickel community. Very fun and mature people working towards a common goal.
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 05:20:44 PM

You are very welcome. I hope you stick around and join the Hobonickel community. Very fun and mature people working towards a common goal.

Tokyo what is your opinion on selling of stake during times like this when the price is rising quickly?  One side of me wants to add liquidity to the market because liquidity makes the market more healthy.  The other side of me wants to keep the coins to continue to stake them.

precrime3

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 05:22:12 PM

Tokyo what is your opinion on selling of stake during times like this when the price is rising quickly?  One side of me wants to add liquidity to the market because liquidity makes the market more healthy.  The other side of me wants to keep the coins to continue to stake them.

I'd personally set a hard limit (like okay, I need to have at least 10k at ALL TIMES) and make stake. You can sell stake, but never sell the principle. Don't know if this helps, but yeah.

presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 05:30:58 PM

I'd personally set a hard limit (like okay, I need to have at least 10k at ALL TIMES) and make stake. You can sell stake, but never sell the principle. Don't know if this helps, but yeah.

Well the problem is that I want as much HBN as I can possibly get. Ha ha I don't know how selling stake fits in with that model, but I also want a healthy market.

rgm108

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 05:45:59 PM

I'm a little ticked off that you guys chose to pump this coin today but rather happy for the volatility. Let's see what happens.

SPECTRE                ▄▄███▄▄
            ▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
▄▄      ▄▄███▀▀ ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀███▄▄      ▄▄
████▄▄  ▀▀▀ ▄▄███████████▄▄ ▀▀▀  ▄▄████
  ▀▀████▄    ▀▀█████████▀▀    ▄████▀▀
 ██▄▄ ▀██ █▄▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█ ██▀ ▄▄██
 ▀▀███ ██ █████▄       ▄█████ ██ ███▀▀
     ██ ███████▄   ▄███████ ██
       ██ ████████   ████████ ██
       ██▄▄ ▀▀████   ████▀▀ ▄▄██
        ▀▀███▄▄ ▀▀   ▀▀ ▄▄███▀▀
            ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
                ▀▀███▀▀
            │
     │      ███
     │      ███
    │    ███
███  │    ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███     │
███ ███     │
    │

▬▬     WHITEPAPER    ▬▬
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
TWITTER     SLACK     MEDIUM
PRE-SALE.
PUBLIC SALE.
squiggie

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 06:25:24 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2014, 06:36:58 PM by squiggie

Let's demolish this 50k sell wall!  Grin

tokyoghetto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 06:28:35 PM

Tokyo what is your opinion on selling of stake during times like this when the price is rising quickly?  One side of me wants to add liquidity to the market because liquidity makes the market more healthy.  The other side of me wants to keep the coins to continue to stake them.

You need to look at your trading plan, it should hold the answer. For example, If my trade plan says that I must hold at least 10000 HBN as a core position and I only sell staked coins, then let it so. Sell some staked coins and enjoy the profits.

But if the trade plan says that you will only sell staked coins if the price of HBN is over "x", then follow the plan accordingly. You can also set different rules to guide you on when to sell. Some rules can be:

HBN price over "x"
Staked coins total amount above "x"
Staked coins value over "x" in BTC.

If you dont meet the criteria you have set for yourself, then continue to hold and compound until you do. In my case I have told myself that I will not sell any coins until my core position is over 100000 HBN. Its going to be a true test of my discipline if HBN continues higher in price and I continue to hold.

I hope this helps.
Mr. Net

Activity: 517
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 07:21:56 PM

We should see 100k in the next few days!

Money Is Information
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: