Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:44:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HBN Investment Journal - 2% returns every ten days - 90,000+ HBN Porfolio  (Read 69821 times)
tokyoghetto (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 02:13:19 AM
Last edit: June 03, 2014, 01:10:11 AM by tokyoghetto

Hello Everybody,

I have decided to give back to the altcoin community. Mainly because I think that most of you are here to make money and perhaps make your lives a little bit better.

Lets start off with this qoute:

"be first, be smart, or cheat"

John Tudd

Its from the movie Margin Call and if you haven't watched it fire up your favorite Buccaneers Port program and download away.

So how does this relate to altcoins

Be First

Launch a coin, instamine it, be the first to dump.

be smart

create a new coin (not copy and paste), sell high, buy low, create alt coin services, websites, invest in mining companies

or cheat

launch a scam coin, premine, instamine, keylogger, wallet stealing trojan, IPO scam, no escrow you-send-first scam, paypal charge back scam, etc etc.

This Journal will not teach you how to be first or how to cheat. It will teach you how to be smart. The way I HOPE to prove this is by good old hard work. I will focus on one coin, using tricks available to everyone here, and hopefully turn a profit. You guys are welcome to join me on this journey, ask questions, make comments, voice concerns.

Quick buck artists come and go with every bull market, but the steady players make it through the bear market

Donations: BTC: 13VaUxCJsVqxqoSCjDBkDjvUV3mg4NrwSd

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tokyoghetto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 02:13:42 AM
Last edit: January 09, 2014, 03:08:03 AM by tokyoghetto

So a bit about me before you doubt my abilities.

Who the fuck are you?

Im Tokyoghetto, who are you?

So whats the deal with this journal, you some kind of scammer?

No I am not a scammer. I have been around cryptos for quite some time now. I can't scam because my actual real life career requires background checks and drug tests. I wouldn't risk a job I love over a few pennies.

So what experience do you have trading?

Before I started the career I have today, I was in fact a propriety trader.  For three years, sometimes I can't believe I lasted that long. I basically day traded on behalf of a trading firm. My own account I had no clients. Direct Market Access. NYSE, AMEX, NASDAQ. I did IPOs, M&As. Traded everything from Citigroup to Apple. Lost my touch during the bear market of 2008, traded right through the crash. Burnt out March of 2009.

So you are a failed trader, what gives?

I didn't actually fail. Day Trading careers are short. Remember, quick buck artists come and go. At the time I was chasing a quick buck. It was fun. It reminds me of most of the people here. Mining DOGE/MOON/CAT...waiting for an exchange to dump on. Scamming people with IPO coins. You can only do that for so long before the cow runs dry. We are in a "bear" market sort of speak with altcoins. Rigs that used to make 40 bucks a day now make less than half of that.

So what do I get out of it?

Hopefully you learn something. Learn from my mistakes. Watch me and see how I do things right or wrong. I will make a ton of mistakes. I will try to document as much as I can here. I will be transparent. Perhaps your days of chasing scam coins, staying up all night for failed launches dealing with scam pool ops/devs/forum members will be a thing of the past. Learn to become a steady player, and enjoy steady profits.
tokyoghetto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 02:13:56 AM
Last edit: January 09, 2014, 12:57:53 PM by tokyoghetto

Alright lets get down to the nitty gritty

So how do you plan to make money, so that I can make money and party with hookers and blow?

I will invest in a PoW/PoS coin. I will first purchase the coin, then mine it using whatever rigs I have available at the time, stake some coins and when the time comes, sell at a profit.

So what coin will you be looking at?

Hobonickel. Reasons are it's a PoW/PoS coin with moderate nethash. 2% stake every 10 days, decent market cap and strong dev. Plenty of room for growth.

So whats the plan?

My goal is to increase my position in Hobonickel. I will do this by purchasing HBN on Cryptsy. I am actually doing this now as I type this. I have placed a bid and people are selling to me. Then I will point my miner to a hbn pool. lastly I will move the coins to my wallet to stake coins. Once I have enough coins and positive gains, I will move the coins back to Cryptsy and sell at a profit.

If you don't have a mining rig, don't sweat, you can rent one out. rates are decent and competitive. I actually have rented scrypt-mining rigs on this forum and haven't had any issues.

Sidenote:

I will not measure my profit in FIAT. This is a big mistake that most rookies in the altgame make. We measure our profits in BTC. The goal is to increase our Assets Under Management. Depending on the size of my position I may need to sell the coins off-exchange as to not affect the price.

Before starting this journal I held ZERO HBN. As of this sentence I hold:

436.801357 HBN

This is the HBN address I will be moving the coins to

F279k6BLzn9YPh2ARx35jo2HPLJL2S8cHr

you can moniter my progress using a block explorer.

My miner is hashing away at http://hbn.smartmining.net
tokyoghetto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 02:14:20 AM
Last edit: January 09, 2014, 02:56:39 AM by tokyoghetto

So here is a quick breakdown of the trading plan.

1. Buy 1000 HBN from Cryptsy.

But why 1000 HBN?

Its simple, 1.5mhash over ten days at current diff lets me mine 2000 HBN. so we buy 1000 HBN so that we can stake that in 10 days. We mine HBN during the ten days so that we can increase our position and lower our cost average on our initial 1000 HBN. We also get to stake the additional 2000 HBN. It gets staggard because we will deposit 200 HBN into our wallet so after we mine the last 200 we will stake on the first 200.

2. Stake Coins

already explained see above. basically open the wallet once every couple days, stake the coins and earn 2% on the coins we hold that have aged 10 days.

3. Sell coins

Once we realize a profit, measured in BTC, we move the coins back to Cryptsy for sale. This can occur at anytime. my goal will be a generous 10% profit. Price can skyrocket, diff can drop or whatever the stake is, can be what generates the profit. In either case, a profit is a profit and once that is accomplished, we sell.
MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 08:06:11 AM

Hopefully i can learn from your journal and stop losing money to scams Cry
tokyoghetto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 12:57:23 PM

i will do my best to help you learn.
instacalm

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 12:59:17 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2014, 12:36:18 PM by instacash

Simply don't invest into any Altcoin IPO BTC "scam". You are good to go. Nothing to learn really
tokyoghetto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 02:41:42 PM

Simply don't invest into any Altcoin IPO BTC scam. You are good to go. Nothing to learn really

Good advice, however there is more to learn then just backing up the truck on BTC and praying.
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 08:20:27 AM

Hi Tokyoghetto

Could you please let me know where I can reliably rent Scrypt rigs?

I'm following your journal too - great idea!
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:44:56 AM

great topic. HBN is gonan skyrocket for sure. ie admin lately saved RonPaulCOin from dying, this coin deserves more peopel interested

yolo
tokyoghetto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:21:36 AM
Last edit: January 19, 2014, 05:46:20 AM by tokyoghetto

Sorry for the lack of posting. I wanted to wait until I staked my first HBN before I gave an update. Well basically the HBN investment fund is sitting at 15599.275075 HBN

the block explorer doesn't seem to be working but here are the buys from cryptsy. The reason why I got so aggressive with my position is because I noticed something with HBN. Even though there is plenty of HBN is being mined, hardly any of it hits the exchange. I also noticed the same miners on HBN, very few pool hoppers. So these miners are actually just mining and holding HBN, not mining and dumping.

The reason for this is simple. You want your money to work for you. I am sure that those miners/investors have done the math and have come to the same conclusion as me. A healthy 2% return every ten days just to hold coins is pretty sweet!. The best part is that HBN is stable. excluding the first couple days when it was first listed, HBN has been VERY stable in price. I can hold HBN and stake coins while I mine other coins. If I ever need to increase my position on HBN, I can just point a miner at a HBN pool or buy HBN on cryptsy.

The goal is 10% but the holy grail is generating passive income. Think of your main HBN stash as a house you own. The income generated from PoS mining is the rent money you get from tenants.

lets do some math.

15599.275075 x 2% every ten days = 311.9 HBN
311.9 HBN x 0.00005083 BTC (current buy price on cryptsy) = 0.01576071 BTC

0.01576071 BTC x 856 CAD (cavirtex.com) = $13.49 CAD.

that equals to 24 hours of mining using approx. 1500khash. Not bad at all. All I have to do is open my wallet, let the cpu miner do its thing and BOOM it rains Hobonickels.

I also have my initial equity of 15599 HBN which is worth 0.792897170 BTC Smiley

And that is every ten days! The best part is scalability. If you can manage to accumulate 155990 HBN, then the stake for every ten days using today's exchange rate is $134 CAD. That is more than what most people make in a day working a 9-5 job.

For a coin with a solid dev, dedicated miners, and generous PoS minting, hobonickel is that diamond in the rough. The low network hash just lets you know that HBN has been overlooked by the majority of people. I should be minting my first PoS block in the next couple of days, I will update you guys then with the exact result.

One last thing.

"moneysupply" : 2591676.42525500

Only 2.5 mil HBN exist. Keep that in mind.
tokyoghetto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:22:53 AM

Hi Tokyoghetto

Could you please let me know where I can reliably rent Scrypt rigs?

I'm following your journal too - great idea!

check the "services" section of the bitcointalk. Plenty of people offering rigs for rent. Or you can use leaserig.net, its a new service that is currently in live beta. I haven't used them personally but I have heard good things about them.
tokyoghetto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:24:16 AM

great topic. HBN is gonan skyrocket for sure. ie admin lately saved RonPaulCOin from dying, this coin deserves more peopel interested

Tranz is an awesome dev. He helped out with ADT at a time when most devs avoided it like the plague. He puts in an insane amount of work into hobonickel. Please feel free to donate to Tranz so that he may continue his great work with Hobonickel.
tokyoghetto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:30:13 AM

screen cap of my wallet.

strawie

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 01:09:41 AM

HBN has good devs indeed. Also I'm curious how this will unfold.
tokyoghetto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 01:55:22 AM

So the HBN Investment Journal has minted its first PoS Block!

I just got home after a long day of work and a good session at the gym. I fire up my trusty 6 year old laptop and put some Mob documentary to watch, while I chow down on some chicken stir fry and a brotien shake.

I open up my HBN wallet and low and behold, I mine my first HBN PoS Block, a nice new born baby block coming in at 366.783788 HBN!

So this block, using the cryptsy order book, looking at the BID price is worth the following:

0.00005140 BTC x 366.783788 HBN= 0.01897373 BTC!

Converting that to fiat (which we shouldn't really care about) is $16.92 CAD. (892 CAD x 0.01897373 BTC).

Not bad for holding some Hobonickels eh!

So at this point we can turn around, take out the 366 HBN and sell for BTC. However, we are going to leave the HBN in the wallet and work some more magic known as compound interest. This is when we really turbocharge our account for maximum gains. I will talk more about compounding interest in another post, for now I need to get back to eating and watching my gangster shit.

cryptmebro

Activity: 786

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 05:13:55 AM

So the HBN Investment Journal has minted its first PoS Block!

I just got home after a long day of work and a good session at the gym. I fire up my trusty 6 year old laptop and put some Mob documentary to watch, while I chow down on some chicken stir fry and a brotien shake.

I open up my HBN wallet and low and behold, I mine my first HBN PoS Block, a nice new born baby block coming in at 366.783788 HBN!

So this block, using the cryptsy order book, looking at the BID price is worth the following:

0.00005140 BTC x 366.783788 HBN= 0.01897373 BTC!

Converting that to fiat (which we shouldn't really care about) is $16.92 CAD. (892 CAD x 0.01897373 BTC).

Not bad for holding some Hobonickels eh!

So at this point we can turn around, take out the 366 HBN and sell for BTC. However, we are going to leave the HBN in the wallet and work some more magic known as compound interest. This is when we really turbocharge our account for maximum gains. I will talk more about compounding interest in another post, for now I need to get back to eating and watching my gangster shit.

Would you want leave those 300 where they are, or move them around with some other freshly staked blocks for better gains?
tokyoghetto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 05:31:07 AM
Last edit: January 21, 2014, 05:42:18 AM by tokyoghetto

I will just leave them where they are. The 366 HBN will start to age as soon as they are minted. There is no way to get better gains by moving coins. You actually destroy coin age by moving the coins around. So by leaving the coins where they are, in about ten days I should earn 2% on the 366. That equals to 7.32 HBN. Not only that, I still have my original horde of 15000+ HBN. So I would earn 2% on that as well. It becomes a snowball effect, where every time I stake, my result should be higher than the one before.

All these gains, from remaining patient. No messy GPU mining. No chasing after "hotcoins" dealing with DDoS attacks on pools and rising diffs. No wasting time on scamcoins that fail and never get on an exchange, wasting hashing power.

Finally Thought

I wanted to see how many HBN a person can get if they were to buy up the cryptsy order book, from the best offer all the way to 0.00010000

Here is the result.

Just proof that there really isn't that much HBN out there. My "ideal" goal would be 150000 HBN. But I would only be able to buy 55540.77388429 HBN, costing me about 5.5 BTC. The better way to do this trade would be to be the best bid, which means I can buy 150000 HBN for 7.89 BTC, if I could buy it all at 0.000005262 BTC, the current best bid. That would be a difficult trade to pull off, perhaps if I ever get around to doing it, I might do a video showing how easy/hard it is to pull off a big buy. Or I might just screencap it and do a write up. We shall see.

Here is the result IF you were to buy ALL existing HBN sell orders on Cryptsy.

I would never come close to 100000 HBN. I would be paying 14 BTC to get just 85000 HBN. Executing a 100000+ HBN buy order at the best possible price is going to take some skillful planning and execution.

Patience is my friend.
cryptmebro

Activity: 786

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 06:09:17 AM

I will just leave them where they are. The 366 HBN will start to age as soon as they are minted. There is no way to get better gains by moving coins. You actually destroy coin age by moving the coins around. So by leaving the coins where they are, in about ten days I should earn 2% on the 366. That equals to 7.32 HBN. Not only that, I still have my original horde of 15000+ HBN. So I would earn 2% on that as well. It becomes a snowball effect, where every time I stake, my result should be higher than the one before.

All these gains, from remaining patient. No messy GPU mining. No chasing after "hotcoins" dealing with DDoS attacks on pools and rising diffs. No wasting time on scamcoins that fail and never get on an exchange, wasting hashing power.

Finally Thought

I wanted to see how many HBN a person can get if they were to buy up the cryptsy order book, from the best offer all the way to 0.00010000

Here is the result.

Just proof that there really isn't that much HBN out there. My "ideal" goal would be 150000 HBN. But I would only be able to buy 55540.77388429 HBN, costing me about 5.5 BTC. The better way to do this trade would be to be the best bid, which means I can buy 150000 HBN for 7.89 BTC, if I could buy it all at 0.000005262 BTC, the current best bid. That would be a difficult trade to pull off, perhaps if I ever get around to doing it, I might do a video showing how easy/hard it is to pull off a big buy. Or I might just screencap it and do a write up. We shall see.

Here is the result IF you were to buy ALL existing HBN sell orders on Cryptsy.

I would never come close to 100000 HBN. I would be paying 14 BTC to get just 85000 HBN. Executing a 100000+ HBN buy order at the best possible price is going to take some skillful planning and execution.

Patience is my friend.

Will sending deposits to the same address reset the stake?  Or can I gradually add to one address in the wallet.  How does a stake work?  Do I leave my wallet open all the time?
unick

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 08:54:19 AM

hey @tokyoghetto,

I stumbled upon your journal because I was wondering if the HBN was dying or it was still alive Smiley

You are right! Great dev team (I always see him/them post on the official thread)

So I guess the coin is not dead and I am pretty happy with that.

I had the same basic idea and line of thoughts that you had about HBN maybe around a month and a half (moderate net hash rate, nice 2% stake every 10 days, it got overlooked by the community etc) so I had the same basic idea of getting a nice amount of HBN and let them sit Smiley

But I am a rookie trader... so I am glad to follow this thread since I might get some nice nuggets that I could apply in my strategy.

I have about 20k HBN and I saw the price quadruple over the course of my initial purchase/minting.  I did not sell though. I do believe in the future of this coin, as long as there is a good marketing strategy behind it, which is VERY important and what makes a coin like DOGE coin so popular.  At some point, HBN will needs this publicity and attention.

I think what I want to say is keep posting your evolution, it will benefit the community in the long run.  People love the quick buck (I get that) but in the end, what comes in fast, can also go out fast.

So reading this (being a noob into trading) I feel like I did a good move.

Keep up the good work man  Grin

cheers

Oh and I'll even throw in a question for you.  how do you know when to sell?  what are/should be the basis of the decision to sell? (I guess profit but I'm looking at understanding how to mesure profit the "correct" way)

Thanks

Awesome Explorers for Awesome Coins | Show some BTC love here: 1AAYAZgaz2me7hyumexUZzcyGRZEYtCx5C
HoboNickels: hbn.blockx.info | BottleCaps: cap.blockx.info | GrowthCoin: grw.blockx.info
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: