Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:26:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HBN Investment Journal - 2% returns every ten days - 90,000+ HBN Porfolio  (Read 69826 times)
tokyoghetto (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 06:36:51 PM

so the best bet for unexperienced traders. or newbie on trading is long trade. buy wait few weeks and sell the cryptos.. .. i try to make somes day trading and only loose money lot of btc.. bcz my bad deccisions .. any books you can reccomend to can read charts propety? learn how to study the cryptomarket

There is no best bet. If you really want to make money, just come up with a trade plan and throw some money at it. It can be anything.

Long term/Short term, scalping, High Frequency Market Making, spread trading, momentum trading, trend trading, counter trend trading.

I knew a trader at one of my old trading firms that would make $20,000 in an hour then spend $500-$1000 on a new trade idea to see if it would work out. Most of the times he would lose on the trade but once he found something that worked, he would throw huge size at it.

Point is, what worked yesterday may not work today or tomorrow. If you want to day trade, then just day trade and try different ideas until you find something that works. Then milk it until the edge is gone. Rinse and repeat. If you can do this for the next 5 years day in and day out plus making a living at it, you can consider yourself a pro.

Learn by doing. Good Luck.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 08:47:08 PM

so the best bet for unexperienced traders. or newbie on trading is long trade. buy wait few weeks and sell the cryptos.. .. i try to make somes day trading and only loose money lot of btc.. bcz my bad deccisions .. any books you can reccomend to can read charts propety? learn how to study the cryptomarket

Like TokyoGhetto mentioned, there are so many different strategies to use. It comes down to preference.  I am personally using more of an investment strategy rather than trading strategy.  I bought a chunk of HBN a few months ago, and have been collecting the stakes every 10 days. I have been slowly purchasing more HBN as time goes on too.  But I am not selling right now, or anytime soon.

My investment goal with HBN is long term. I believe that the HBN community will continue to grow (with everyone's help and community driven forums, wikis, etc.).  As the community grow's so will the coin. 

So me personally, I am not a trader with HBN, more of a long term hold.  But watching cryptsy there does seem to be plenty of day trading opportunities as well.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
zaigon

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 08:56:06 PM

Thanks i will apply that... with HBN and Long term wth other.. i had bad luck triying to do day tradin with cryptos.. some day you won but . its more losses than gains.. i see that is better in long term. and maybe midle term. in mycase until i get better on trading shortly
Mr. Net

Activity: 517
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 08:22:05 PM

Huch... I think we are finally breaking the psychological wall at 0.0001 once and for all. Huh

Money Is Information
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 03:54:26 AM

due to such high price ive sold my HBNs almost totally

yolo
tokyoghetto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:23:06 AM

due to such high price ive sold my HBNs almost totally

Congrats! This is good for the HBN economy. Active buyers and sellers allow for true price discovery. Its important to know when to realize paper profits and convert it into something more tangible. That could mean BTC, FIAT, or Gold/Silver.

As for me, I haven't hit my target for my core position, so I am hodling.

Here is some Feb 11 staking action. My target date for "big block" PoS mining was Feb 12, but decided to fire up the wallet early. I had some "dust" PoS blocks mint here and there, but here are the juicy ones from today.

and another

and here is a PoS block that came just as I was typing this post!

For now I will not be committing any more BTC to this trade. I have my miners aimed at MintCoin for the next 5 weeks. I am also working on another trade that will require a big chunk of my bankroll. So for now, it will be PoS only mining on HBN until I hit my 100,000 HBN target.
tokyoghetto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:26:34 AM

Huch... I think we are finally breaking the psychological wall at 0.0001 once and for all. Huh

its going to be a back and forth battle around the 10000 satoshi mark. I am a buyer for anything under 9000 and I am sure most people are aswell. The price has hit below 9000 but doesn't stay there for long. HBN appears to be building a nice base around this price. This should make stakeholders feel more confident on holding their coins.

All the while coins like WDC take a nosedive and coins like DOGE fly to the moon, we just aim for steady profits.
flounderella

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 06:42:20 PM

Bookmarked this thread. Very useful and great to see how you are educating everyone here from your experience.

Hows your MintCoin mining going?
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 07:29:34 PM

Appreciate you taking the time to post this, added to my Watchlist! Also, thanks for introducing HBN to everyone!
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 11:18:14 PM

Did you get in on this stake coin too https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=450381.0

edit:  nevermind, just scrolled up and saw the answer to that hah

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
tokyoghetto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 11:57:43 PM

Bookmarked this thread. Very useful and great to see how you are educating everyone here from your experience.

Hows your MintCoin mining going?

Thank you for your feedback. The more input the more I tend to respond. My MintCoin mining is ok I guess. I only have 1000 khash running right now. I have torn down most of my GPU rigs, getting them ready for sale. I ran a few antminer's for a bit before selling them on craigslist. I have a 7950 I need to RMA and its been sitting there for 2 weeks now!. I will be moving to Scrypt Asic in the coming months, so for now its just 2x7950s chugging along on MINT. I also bought some MINT, looking forward to some nice returns.

Appreciate you taking the time to post this, added to my Watchlist! Also, thanks for introducing HBN to everyone!

Thank You. I kind of shot myself in the foot, by bringing more attention to HBN. I may have influenced the price, the nethash rate and the amount of returns I can get. However, there is no point in having a ton of coins if you are the only person who sees value in them. I would rather have fewer coins that are valuable than a ton of coins that are next to worthless.
tokyoghetto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 12:10:44 AM
Last edit: February 14, 2014, 01:01:31 AM by tokyoghetto

So now I am going to share some of today's staking action, then rant about becoming an "accidental millionaire"

A nice 874.41 HBN block that greeted me this morning before I left for work.

and here are some other blocks that came in yesterday.

All in all not too bad. As of this post these are my stats.

PoS mined (Feb):  3201.303888 HBN
PoS mined (Year): 3852.660309 HBN

Orphans (Feb):  6
Orphans (Year): 10

Grin
tokyoghetto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 12:38:40 AM
Last edit: February 14, 2014, 01:06:13 AM by tokyoghetto

Time for my rant. The topic of this rant will be "accidental millionaire"

Accidental Millionaire

So here is my 10,000 BTC Pizza, or my 100,000 LTC GPU. Can you guys figure it out? Someone tell me how much 100 million IFC is worth today?

At one point I held over 600 million IFC. I think back on it now and wonder how that amount of IFC today would help me out. I have to keep reminding myself, that becoming an accidental millionaire isn't a good thing. I have no clue why IFC is worth that much today. Its always best to invest in things that you understand, so that you may repeat your success.

Will I ever find another opportunity like IFC? Who knows, frankly I don't care. There is no point in coming into wealth if you don't understand it and respect it. This is the same reason why I don't own any DOGE and dumped most of my DOGE holdings at 40 satoshis.

Here is another example. Watch the movie "RUSH". The one about the rivalry between James Hunt and Niki Lauda. The reason why I bring up this movie is simple. Both these men wanted to be World Grand Prix F1 Champion and both did become champions, but what's important is the "how".

James Hunt was a loud playboy who just wanted to win, without really understanding how. Partying, women, booze and drugs was a part of his life.  

Niki Lauda was methodical and precise. He took calculated risks and understood what it took to win. Everything he did had meaning and played an intricate part in his goal to become champion.

So what was the result? Well, James Hunt won the F1 Championship in 1976, never to repeat that success. He died from a heart attack at 45, most likely from all the years of boozing and doing cocaine.

As for Niki Lauda, he went on to win 3 times. In 1975, 1977 and 7 years later in 1984! The only reason why James Hunt won in 1976 is because Niki Lauda felt that the risk was too great to run the final race and retired after 2 laps, letting James Hunt win by a single point. This allowed James Hunt to win his only F1 Championship in his career.

The point is, the end result is the same. Both became champion. But ask yourself, what sort of champion do you want to be?. Getting lucky with a bit a skill is not the same as having no luck but all the skill in the world.

I want to be a Niki Lauda

r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 03:18:43 AM

Faster to mine something else and use funds to buy mint now.  We will see how this purchase looks in a few weeks.

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
BitCoinPokerBro

Activity: 826

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 04:19:49 AM
Last edit: February 14, 2014, 04:48:55 AM by BitCoinPokerBro

Time for my rant. The topic of this rant will be "accidental millionaire"

Your not alone   Tongue

In total I bought about 100 Mil @0.00000014. Plus another 10 or so million mined
tokyoghetto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 04:54:11 AM

Time has changed indeed. Best thing to do is analyze the past and present to a get feel for the future.

Here is a 30 day chart of HBN. Nice uptrend.

HBN has also rallied against this BTC sell-off, which seems to have affected other coins.

HBN seems to be building a nice base above 10000. I can see the market trying to test that 17000 satoshi mark. For now I will enjoy minting more PoS blocks and keep stacking.

Grin

r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 05:20:44 AM

Best thing to do is analyze the past and present to a get feel for the future.

On that chart, HBN is in between Karmacoin, a coin that came out yesterday?  and a coin called....Junkcoin.  Maybe I need to drink more before attempting analysis to figure out the upside to this.

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
tokyoghetto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 05:39:24 AM

Upside is that HBN has had a 6% increase, while other coins have seen a 10% to 35% drop in price. Plus we also treat the PoS rewards as an insurance against a decline in price.  If price declines, the rewards we get through PoS helps lower our Cost Average Price.

In order for you to do the same for those other coins, you would need to buy in with BTC or LTC as price goes against you. Only problem, there are very few coins that people are actually buying. This is why you are seeing such a blood bath with this whole Bitcoin sell off. Best thing about HBN is the most people will just hold HBN, instead of panic sell, because they are aging coins until the next stake.

PoS mining means feeding the golden goose and living off the golden egg.
forcefedvr6

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 12:25:40 PM

Nice little run-up going on right now, if it gets to .000180 I'll be out of coins for sale. 

I pulled most of my coins out of the market and placed them into my wallet for staking though.

I was having some sort of issue getting my wallet going,  but got that sorted a few days ago.

Of course I'm always throwing some hash at HBN too,  which are all going into my wallet for staking.

If I have coins in there for staking and they gain max interest for the period of time,  will those coins and the staked coins gain interest again for the next period of time if I leave them in there, or do they just produce once and that's it?

Mr. Net

Activity: 517
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 12:34:18 PM

This looks very promising! Grin

This isn't even the beginning!

Always nice to find these few coins who rise while 95% of all other coins fall.

Money Is Information
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: