Bitcoin Forum
October 02, 2024, 04:28:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HBN Investment Journal - 2% returns every ten days - 90,000+ HBN Porfolio  (Read 69844 times)
tokyoghetto (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 01:42:38 PM

im so sad i sold at 10000+ Sad
what is goign on here anyways lol

I hope you didn't sell your entire position, unless it was part of your trading plan. If it was part of your trading plan, then you shouldn't feel sad.

Selling your core position is like killing the golden goose. Its not part of my trade plan. The only way I will sell my core position, is if translates to be a significant amount in either BTC or FIAT.
tokyoghetto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 01:47:02 PM

Hobonickel is looking strong. This recent run up to 36000 satoshis has a lot of people joining and securing the HBN network. This is a great situation for Hobonickel. Congrats to everyone in the community who is making steady profits. For people who are just joining in on this trade, its not too late. Develop your trade plan, double check everything and then execute.

62 connections. Thick, Solid, Tight.

Jamesco

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 01:49:15 PM

Current portfolio size? still holding strong or did you sell on the uprise?
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 02:10:58 PM

im glad coin is doing so good, but now i have none heh

yolo
tokyoghetto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 03:31:31 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2014, 03:51:53 PM by tokyoghetto

Current portfolio size? still holding strong or did you sell on the uprise?

Portfolio size is 84832 HBN. Still holding strong, but decided to sell 3000 HBN at these prices. Its good to cash out on these big moves. I also only sell coins from PoS minting. So any coins I get from buying in BTC or PoW mining will most likely never be sold.

PoW mining/Cryptsy HBN purchasing = The value of the home.
PoS mining = The rent checks.

Today I decided to do some profit taking. Its more like profit sharing because I get to take profit and whomever I sell to should get some nice profit as well down the road.

I netted about 1.01575693 BTC from these sales. I will put in a low bid in case we flash crash down. Whether price rallies or tanks, I am covered.

Happy 1/2 Price Chocolate Day Everyone!
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 04:54:02 PM

TokyoGhetto I like your analogy with the house and the rent money. I think that makes a lot of sense. The PoS would be the rental income, but you aren't selling off pieces of your house while renting it off. Keep up the good work, glad things are going well for you.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
Jamesco

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 05:08:17 PM

Very nice tokyo, I commend your ability to keep coins, I had 30,000 and have sold down to 14,500, Started selling at .9 then 12 , 15, 18 ,25, 29, 33,35 , 36. I am not selling a single dime now though. I need to keep these for another year just to recoup the ones I sold!

Happy I made a profit sad I have sold, man I would really like some more HBN though. Feel kinda bad I sold off more than half my stack!
tokyoghetto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 05:35:14 PM

thanks guys. I am sure you guys are enjoying some nice profits as well. You shouldn't feel bad about selling coins if it is a part of your trade plan. Its important to get things down on paper so that you can maintain discipline. One thing I failed to mention is how and when I decide to take profits. So I will explain how now.

How do I know when to take profits?

I have been playing with a guideline as to when I should take profits. This can change at anytime but its important that I develop a way to know when I should take some profits. So this is what I came up with.

If the amount of PoS mined coins I hold equals to 1 btc or higher in value, I convert those coins into BTC. So this can occur at any time. If the price of HBN rockets, it will take less coins to equal 1 btc in value, and I get to cash out more frequently. If the value of my PoS mined coins is less than 1 BTC, I will need to mine more PoS coins. This forces me to hold my position for longer, as its an indication that the value of HBN has dropped.

I decided on 1 BTC as an easy way to keep track. If you decide to use my method, you can pick any amount you like, proportionate to your account size. You can also pick a value that will get you to take profits more frequently or not.

I have mined over 4000 HBN through PoS, but only converted 3000 into 1 BTC. The remaining 1000 will remain in my account until I have enough HBN to convert into another 1 BTC. I will most likely use the BTC to buy back in during pull backs. These rules can change at anytime, depending on market conditions and my own personal interpretation of those conditions.

WutriCoin

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 06:11:43 PM

Your thread got me interested in HBN. Thank you for that. I bought small amount at 10k, and are very happy how it progresses. Haven't seen similar steady rise graph in any other coin.
Tranz
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1060

May the force bit with you.

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 06:31:01 PM

Funny thing about markets. Hardly anyone wants to buy low and sell high. But many people love to buy high and sell higher.

tokyoghetto great job on this. I have been a study of markets for sometime, and I love your approach, very similar to my own. 

What other financial instruments have you played with? I've had decent success with level 1 option trading. I haven't progressed much in that arena, such as complex butterfly trades and the like, it starts to make me bit dizzy!  Shocked

The biggest reason I love cryptos, is for the first time, I feel I am on a level playing field. Stocks are great for long term, but it's such an insiders game, hard to really make much wealth unless you already have it, or have a lifetime to wait.

Good luck all!

HBN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303749.0 hobonickels.info
Personal Donations: F1TranzWqFGZyFeTMu6iLbtTQgdXuJPsiL
Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
Mr. Net

Activity: 517
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 07:00:32 PM

Funny thing about markets. Hardly anyone wants to buy low and sell high. But many people love to buy high and sell higher.

tokyoghetto great job on this. I have been a study of markets for sometime, and I love your approach, very similar to my own. 

What other financial instruments have you played with? I've had decent success with level 1 option trading. I haven't progressed much in that arena, such as complex butterfly trades and the like, it starts to make me bit dizzy!  Shocked

The biggest reason I love cryptos, is for the first time, I feel I am on a level playing field. Stocks are great for long term, but it's such an insiders game, hard to really make much wealth unless you already have it, or have a lifetime to wait.

Good luck all!

Its very simple, Cryptos are like stocks but with free leverage (about 10x-100x).

Money Is Information
tokyoghetto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 07:28:04 PM

Thanks Tranz. I personally have traded U.S Equities and Forex. With Equities it was daytrading. I used every trick under the sun. High Frequency Market Making (rebate trading), scalping, momentum, spreadtrading, countertrend, mergers, IPO plays.
I have been a member of www.elitetrader.com since 2007. Below is a link to a post I made about some high frequency trading I did on BAC, UYG and CIT, including screenshots. This was back in 2009. These are live trades and I was just basically throwing money at some ideas I had at the time.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showpost.php?p=2685644&postcount=32

With Forex I did some carry trades. Only problem with carry trades is that you need to use a massive amount of leverage and when the trade unwinds, you better pray you are on the right side of things or you will get smoked.

I tried to get into Options, but I can't really wrap my head around it. My brother hates that I don't trade options. I just don't understand them. I tried to get him into cryptos, but he says he will only play when options on cryptos become available.
MarketNeutral

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 07:42:19 PM

We're just getting started! HBN market cap still below $1 million per coinmarketcap.com.  Smiley

We're all gonna make it!  Cool

Strong gains recently, and a pullback may be in order soon, but I still think this coin has room to grow. A few months from now, I wouldn't be surprised to see significantly higher prices.  Wink

Typically I say 'take profits!' but such rapid staking power makes this coin unique, and I'm going to continue to buy on pullbacks for now.  

I avoid most altcoins—almost to a fault—and concentrate primarily on bitcoin (early adopter prejudice?), but the goofy name of this coin immediately caught my attention and reminds me of all the interesting hobonickels I used to see many years ago when I had a job working in a coin store. I mainly dealt bullion, but we had a numismatics department that bought and sold hobonickels among more ordinary coins. Let me tell you: after grading stack after stack of Double Eagles hour after hour, it was always refreshing to see something unique like a hobonickel. I work in finance now, running a private investment fund that's more likely to trade options than tangible metals.......I never thought I'd ever see, buy, or sell another hobonickel again in my life, let alone a digital hobonickel!  Cheesy

On a side note, it's fascinating that many other people in the HBN market also have backgrounds in investing and finance.

Great thread. Great coin. Great dev.

Cheers!
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 07:43:24 PM

I tried to get into Options, but I can't really wrap my head around it. My brother hates that I don't trade options. I just don't understand them. I tried to get him into cryptos, but he says he will only play when options on cryptos become available.

I have had my fair share of options trading, and the thing I really don't like about them is that they are typically a terrible investment if you hold them for more than a few weeks. Time decay eats at option positions, and therefore I have found that every time I have made money off of options it has been because of lucky market moves a few days after purchase of the contracts.  Of course selling covered calls or puts can put you on the other side of the equation, but it requires to much money to make money.

The thing about small cap cryptos, is that you have much more control over the market personally.  A trade can make the price rise or fall, advertising can make the price go up, increasing the size of the community can increase the price. I personally like the feeling of being able to influence the market of my investments, which cannot really be done with most stocks or options.

You mentioned above that everyone should have a trade strategy. I don't have a trade strategy. I bought a large chunk of HBN when I first go involved and picked them up for around 1200 satoshis, yes 1200 not 12000. I have not made any significant buys or sells of my original stash. I have however bought or sold a few here and there to help with market liquidity.  I don't plan on selling anytime soon.  This isn't a trade for me, but more of a long term buy, collect stake, stake some more, hang out with the community, learn, etc. I have no idea when I will sell and don't have any trading plans, but at least everything is working out great for me so far no matter what point of the roller coaster we are on.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 07:48:43 PM

On a side note, it's fascinating that many other people in the HBN market also have backgrounds in investing and finance.

Great thread. Great coin. Great dev.

Cheers!

Happy to have you on board. I myself am another finance guy!  Just an analyst though, not in the big leagues like others on here seem to be.  I think this coin may attract financial gurus because we are familiar with typical returns on income producing assets.... 10% a year would be a decent return in my field (large new apartment projects are getting around 6-10% cash on cash in my area), now 2% every ten days?? That is great.

unick

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 09:18:26 PM

Yea, I didn't mean to be derogatory to the hobo dev, it's just that having your currency associated with hobos is going to be quite an obstacle to overcome.  The name does pull a slight lead over Junkcoin and Leadcoin though.

I hear you r0ach. From a marketing standpoint the name does not reflect a "good" image.  But that just about it... A name.  Now everything else is pretty solid about this coin.

I am curious to see what will happen to Mint in over a year.  There client is way inferior compare to the HBN one.  Well for a PoS coin at least.  What Tranz as brought to the community is a major features.

Let's give time to both of these coins, but for now, I feel like MINT devs rush out the launch of their coin, and I think they should of incorporated some of the features HBN clients has.

So IMO, for now, Mint has a cool name, and an interesting launch strategy.  But that's about it.

Awesome Explorers for Awesome Coins | Show some BTC love here: 1AAYAZgaz2me7hyumexUZzcyGRZEYtCx5C
HoboNickels: hbn.blockx.info | BottleCaps: cap.blockx.info | GrowthCoin: grw.blockx.info
forcefedvr6

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 12:25:24 AM

Thanks to the guy who gave me the link explaining HBN staking.

I could not resist the current prices,  so I just sent what I had mined over the past couple of days straight to the market,  and set sell orders at where it is now, and some through .0004xxx .  I never expected the run to break .0002xxx and never bothered to adjust my coin prices the other day,  so now I want some of those profits that I left on the table.  So now I am doing the logical (haha then wtf am I doing here,  my father would tell me) thing and waited for what looks to be a peak, and am trying to sell on the way back down,  but I also set some to sell higher if it jumps up again when I am not looking. We will see if they sell or not over the next period of time.  If not,  I'll just ship them to my wallet for staking.    I am having some fun at least.
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 12:28:53 AM

I hear you r0ach. From a marketing standpoint the name does not reflect a "good" image.  But that just about it... A name.  Now everything else is pretty solid about this coin.

Maybe its just me, but I really like the name HoboNickels, it is unique, has a cool ring to it, actually is something that has existed historically, and best of all it isn't the typical <insertnamehere>coin. 

r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 01:42:42 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2014, 02:28:20 AM by r0ach

I tried to get him into cryptos, but he says he will only play when options on cryptos become available.

BTC options are available already:  http://btcoracle.com/

Or do you not like using their site?

There's always www.bitfinex.com too

Maybe its just me, but I really like the name HoboNickels, it is unique, has a cool ring to it, actually is something that has existed historically, and best of all it isn't the typical <insertnamehere>coin.  

Main problem is that the name would appeal to renegade, outlaw bikers, but you need a computer science degree to understand how proof of stake works.  We will see how the two schools converge over time lol.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
squiggie

Activity: 147

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 01:47:16 AM

Main problem is that the name would appeal to renegade, outlaw bikers, but you need a computer science degree to understand how proof of stake works.  We will see how the two schools converge over time lol.

@r0ach

Ok dude, we all get you don't like HBN or don't care for PoS. You can stop blowing up tokyoghetto's journal thread now and go start your own to complain about the coin somewhere else. I don't think this really is the place for it. Some of us are actually here to learn about his strategy not listen to you whine about it every page.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: