Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:24:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HBN Investment Journal - 2% returns every ten days - 90,000+ HBN Porfolio  (Read 69826 times)
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 04:24:59 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2014, 04:38:12 PM by presstab

At this point my hands are tied and I wont be getting anymore BTC to buy HBN until the 10th. Basically waiting for Tekcoin to produce some delicious BTC that I will roll over into HBN, depending on the price.

Also, I noticed that HBN is reacting how it should when the price of BTC goes down. Most coins just drop with the price of BTC. Logically alts that trade against BTC should rise in price, HBN is one of the few coins that have done this.

Yep, there is definitely an influx of BTC into the HBN market. I think lots of people are similar situation to me, where they were able to pick up BTC at dirt cheap prices, and then would rather hold HBN than BTC.

25000 satoshi mark is being tested, I am keeping my orders as buy orders and hoping that they will be sold into, rather than trying to create the typical bubble fluctuations that are caused by buying into the sell orders. Obviously I am not the only player in the market, so we will see where everyone decides that HBN is worth trading.

Edit
OOOOO look at the top traded coins on cryptsy, HBN has got itself into the #14 slot at the moment

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 05:35:18 PM

Edit
OOOOO look at the top traded coins on cryptsy, HBN has got itself into the #14 slot at the moment

That's a sweet achievement actually, considering how the market value of HBN is quite low compared to many other alts out there.
precrime3

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

PM for journalist,typing,and data entry services.

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 05:41:05 PM

Do you think there is a future for HBN? All this talk, I might consider buying into HBN. Theres definetley a volume increase and a piqued interest according to market caps xD

presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 05:44:29 PM

Do you think there is a future for HBN? All this talk, I might consider buying into HBN. Theres definetley a volume increase and a piqued interest according to market caps xD

I definitely think there is a future to HBN.  Is HBN going to be used as a currency to buy goods?  There is a long ways to go for that.  Right now I see HBN being the go to hobby/learning/community coin in the future, and especially with GPU mining era coming to a close.  Maybe once it gets more adoption we will see larger amounts of charity work done with the coin, and more merchants joining the fun.

That is just a guess, but I am definitely a long term holder, rather than a trader.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
precrime3

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 05:54:39 PM

I definitely think there is a future to HBN.  Is HBN going to be used as a currency to buy goods?  There is a long ways to go for that.  Right now I see HBN being the go to hobby/learning/community coin in the future, and especially with GPU mining era coming to a close.  Maybe once it gets more adoption we will see larger amounts of charity work done with the coin, and more merchants joining the fun.

That is just a guess, but I am definitely a long term holder, rather than a trader.

I plan on holding as of the stake xD It just seems 2% every 10 days.... IDK not worth it?

ruletheworld
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 05:54:56 PM

Agreed. But take any advice you get here with a grain of salt - we're all biased in our own ways.

You need to look at factors that contribute to the future of any altcoin. It needs a controlled level of inflation, so that the miners don't dump all at once (like in the multipools) which depresses prices. If you think about it, coins like HBN provide a strong incentive for people who are issued new coins to hold on rather than dump on the exchanges. This is a pretty important aspect that is often ignored.

Compared to other coins, yes, HBN has a much smaller "real world" usage - charity/merchant adoption etc. Adoption will come, as a function of the popularity of the coin though. It also depends on the community of people - whether they are actively pursuing this adoption (they don't seem to be). Another good thing HBN has going for it is the very active devs who seem to be in this for the long term rather than a quick pump and dump.

Like with most alts, there is always a risk. Two months ago, the price was a quarter of what it is today in terms of BTC. Will it fall? Will it rise? Who knows. If you're in it for the long term though, say, 1 year, and you ask my biased opinion, I would say it's more likely to go up than down
Jamesco

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 05:55:56 PM

Well put it this way, every time I have sold off some of my position/stake thinking I am realising a profit(which by the way I am without a doubt) its the only coin I end up having regrets about selling which actually is a great thing about the coin. Even considering the ups and downs, there seems like a consistent upward trend in price. A portion of that I put down to this blog without a doubt, its a consistent source of information for people which probably haven't given pos or HBN a decent look over. Most of it though is honestly is without a doubt Tranz. He is an amazing coin developer with great communication, dedication and innovation.

The major risk I would associate with buying this coin personally is if Tranz somehow left HBN but I can't see this happening in the foreseeable future(although I have no idea). Other than that if you believe BTC could have a major crash in the next few months, but then obviously a lot of alt coins would be in dire straights also. Otherwise I would say buy in soon, I just sold 2300 at 18 and I have decided on a ban, no more selling for a while  Smiley
precrime3

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 05:56:11 PM

What do you guys think of the POS rate of Philosopher stones? For me that was the first POS coin I saw.

mighty jol

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 09:46:09 AM

well (imo) it's really a decent staking rate as thething you want to compare with are mainly saving accounts, stocks, company bonds and treasury bonds (i guess in this order) 50% a year beats anything in term of investment and might not be as risky as holding a stock or a bond.

mostly the reason why i find it more attractive as an investment is : not a lot of people know about it, even the ones who are into cryptocoins. So the upward potential is way bigger than another investment mean.
moreover you can diversify your portfolio by simply going into other pos coins which are actively develloped at the moment.

Honestly i just like it.

strawie

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 03:27:23 AM

I was going to buy half a btc on kraken this wednesday... but forgot to confirm my sepa transaction in my e-banking Sad, now I wont get any 13k satoshi prices on monday I guess Sad
cryptmebro

Activity: 786

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 11:39:28 PM

The HBN chart is starting to look like it did right before the 96000 satoshi spike.  Things are picking up.
Tranz
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052

May the force bit with you.

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 02:29:29 AM

The HBN chart is starting to look like it did right before the 96000 satoshi spike.  Things are picking up.

That was nothing more then Cryptsy's error. It was a few sats worth, because the order book was being reorganizing. It has happen to other coins. I wish they would remove it.

HBN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303749.0 hobonickels.info
Personal Donations: F1TranzWqFGZyFeTMu6iLbtTQgdXuJPsiL
Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
cryptmebro

Activity: 786

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 02:57:29 AM

The HBN chart is starting to look like it did right before the 96000 satoshi spike.  Things are picking up.

That was nothing more then Cryptsy's error. It was a few sats worth, because the order book was being reorganizing. It has happen to other coins. I wish they would remove it.

I was talking about the overall price trend of the coin, I'm not sure what you are talking about.  Are you saying the 96k satoshi price was an error?
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:26:33 AM

The HBN chart is starting to look like it did right before the 96000 satoshi spike.  Things are picking up.

I was talking about the overall price trend of the coin, I'm not sure what you are talking about.  Are you saying the 96k satoshi price was an error?

I have always ignored the 96k spike because it seemed like an error.

Tranz
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:36:30 AM

Yes, the Dec 22 all time high of .0009600, is true in the fact that a trade did happen. But would not have happened under normal conditions.  IMO.

That said, this market is much stronger now. So sustained higher prices are likely. Again IMO.

Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
tokyoghetto (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 12:27:25 PM

In the trading world we call that a "bad tick". Happens all the time on the NYSE/NASDAQ/AMEX or pretty much any exchange. When volatility spikes to insane levels, you will get these trades happening that shouldn't of happened. The trading engine can't keep up with the flood of orders and it will execute these trades at insane prices. You hope that its only for small size, but sometimes these trades happen on big lots and cause significant losses for liquidity seekers.

If price ever runs up and shit like that starts happening, I normally just walk away. Especially if you are a buyer. You never want to be on the wrong end of an outlier move, the losses can be crushing.

ruletheworld
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 02:44:11 AM

On another note, I got my first HBN stake today Smiley

Tranz
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 03:00:28 AM

Just wanted to let the thread know the newest version 1.4 is now ready. This fixes many key issues, and has been compiled with the newest version of open ssl.

https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/9803-hbn-version-14/

unick

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 06:29:32 AM

Just wanted to let the thread know the newest version 1.4 is now ready. This fixes many key issues, and has been compiled with the newest version of open ssl.

https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/9803-hbn-version-14/

Also upgraded the Mac client, download link can be found at the discussion link above

Awesome Explorers for Awesome Coins | Show some BTC love here: 1AAYAZgaz2me7hyumexUZzcyGRZEYtCx5C
HoboNickels: hbn.blockx.info | BottleCaps: cap.blockx.info | GrowthCoin: grw.blockx.info
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 07:11:20 AM

If this thread continues any longer, Tokyoghetto is gonna get called into senate hearings.  All these people are up in commotion talking about Hobonickels like it's the next Google stock offering.

An IRS swat team will probably also kick down someone's door after they read, "2% return every ten days", as well.

Also, what 's the deal with all these martingale bots (or whatever the fuck they're doing) on both sides of the Cryptsy order sheet for every coin nowadays.  You can't even find where the real prices are because no exchange supports depth that high.  I want to beat the hell out of whatever guy runs these things.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: