Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:06:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HBN Investment Journal - 2% returns every ten days - 90,000+ HBN Porfolio  (Read 69828 times)
tokyoghetto (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 11:51:09 PM

tokyo, i have to ask - can you post the pic that's your wallpaper in here already? I'm damn tired of only seeing bits and pieces of it from your screenshots lol!

no problem. I present to you Gemma Arterton!

ninjarobot

Activity: 761
Merit: 500

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 01:33:30 AM

One thing I realized that gives PoS coins a leg up is that any investment made to stake mine it is made directly into the coin making it more valuable to all its users. With sha256 and scrypt PoW coins people have invested millions into mining hardware. That is money that went directly into the pockets of the GPU/FPGA/ASIC manufacturers. With a PoS coin it will go directly into the coin marketcap itself. I like that model.
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 01:55:00 AM

Does anyone know if coinage is destroyed for rejected blocks? I couldn't find the information about this (Maybe I missed something obvious in the wiki?)
I had two of my stakes get rejected Sad (I suspect it's because I am traveling now and have spotty internet connection). I want to know if it destroyed my coinage. See

presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 02:21:32 AM

Does anyone know if coinage is destroyed for rejected blocks? I couldn't find the information about this (Maybe I missed something obvious in the wiki?)

Yep Smiley

http://wiki.hobonickels.info/index.php?title=Orphan

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 02:26:14 AM

Yep Smiley

Cool. The link says "you will have not lost any coin days that has been accumulated" so I am guessing I didn't really lose anything much here?
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 03:13:26 AM

Yep Smiley

Cool. The link says "you will have not lost any coin days that has been accumulated" so I am guessing I didn't really lose anything much here?
Nope other than the inconvenience of thinking that you received a stake for half a second, there is no loss.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
dogechode

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 02:34:01 PM

Yep Smiley

Wait he is asking if coin age is destroyed for a rejected block. I believe the answer to that is NO, unless I am misunderstanding the nature of the question. If you attempt to stake and generate an orphan, your coins will simply keep attempting to stake. The age on the batch of coins that attempted to stake does not reset until a stake reward is confirmed.
Oto3

Activity: 195
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 02:47:48 PM

Yep Smiley

Wait he is asking if coin age is destroyed for a rejected block. I believe the answer to that is NO, unless I am misunderstanding the nature of the question. If you attempt to stake and generate an orphan, your coins will simply keep attempting to stake. The age on the batch of coins that attempted to stake does not reset until a stake reward is confirmed.
I believe the answer "Yep Smiley" is to the second question: "Maybe I missed something obvious in the wiki?"
dogechode

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 03:54:48 PM

Oh that would make sense. Okay sorry for being retarded, as long as he knows that he isn't losing coin age by generating orphans.
rgm108

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:03:50 PM

Thanks for clarifying. I also read the 'Yep' as "Yes. The coin age is destroyed"

Now I feel better knowing that this is not the case.

SPECTRE                ▄▄███▄▄
            ▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
▄▄      ▄▄███▀▀ ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀███▄▄      ▄▄
████▄▄  ▀▀▀ ▄▄███████████▄▄ ▀▀▀  ▄▄████
  ▀▀████▄    ▀▀█████████▀▀    ▄████▀▀
 ██▄▄ ▀██ █▄▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█ ██▀ ▄▄██
 ▀▀███ ██ █████▄       ▄█████ ██ ███▀▀
     ██ ███████▄   ▄███████ ██
       ██ ████████   ████████ ██
       ██▄▄ ▀▀████   ████▀▀ ▄▄██
        ▀▀███▄▄ ▀▀   ▀▀ ▄▄███▀▀
            ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
                ▀▀███▀▀
            │
     │      ███
     │      ███
    │    ███
███  │    ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███     │
███ ███     │
    │

▬▬     WHITEPAPER    ▬▬
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
TWITTER     SLACK     MEDIUM
PRE-SALE.
PUBLIC SALE.
dogechode

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:26:05 PM

tokyo, i have to ask - can you post the pic that's your wallpaper in here already? I'm damn tired of only seeing bits and pieces of it from your screenshots lol!

no problem. I present to you Gemma Arterton!

Hahaha thanks for sharing, every time I see one of your screenshots in a thread I keep seeing like a different chunk of that picture and wondering who it is.
flounderella

Activity: 350

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:36:43 PM

I sold out 80% of my HBN. It's been a 5 bagger now (converted 1BTC to 5+BTC now), so can't argue with taking gains off the table before Mr Market realizes it should be otherwise. I don't think it will go back down that much but I'll be looking to get back in on pullbacks
MarketNeutral

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 06:11:17 PM

I sold out 80% of my HBN. It's been a 5 bagger now (converted 1BTC to 5+BTC now), so can't argue with taking gains off the table before Mr Market realizes it should be otherwise. I don't think it will go back down that much but I'll be looking to get back in on pullbacks

Nice profits.  Smiley
Gabri

Activity: 856

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 06:50:02 PM

I just did more or less the same. It was really hard to sell but it was part of my plan from the beginnig to sell when I was reaching x5-6 profit. I will buy again if price drops a little.
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 07:00:24 PM

Oh that would make sense. Okay sorry for being retarded, as long as he knows that he isn't losing coin age by generating orphans.

Ha ha sorry for the quick ambiguous answer, I meant yep as in missed the answer in the wiki. I will try to be more clear in the future!

mintymark

Activity: 286
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 11:26:36 PM

Got a question:

lynn_402 says

" No need to keep the computer on 24/7. PoS coins accumulate coin-age, thus if you keep some in a cold wallet for a year and unlock your wallet for minting, you'll find a PoS block in very short time, which should give you almost the same interest that if you kept your wallet always open (less the small compound interest)"

Not fully understanding POS yet, I'd like to ask is this true?

[[ All Tips gratefully received!!  ]]
15ta5d1N8mKkgC47SRWmnZABEFyP55RrqD
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 11:33:10 PM

Got a question:

lynn_402 says

" No need to keep the computer on 24/7. PoS coins accumulate coin-age, thus if you keep some in a cold wallet for a year and unlock your wallet for minting, you'll find a PoS block in very short time, which should give you almost the same interest that if you kept your wallet always open (less the small compound interest)"

Coin age is not relying on the time stamp solely from your computer....it's a decentralized network.

There is a minimum and maximum stake age for weighting though, and most coins you're not going to receive full profit by not opening the wallet for an entire year.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
dogechode

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:11:17 AM

It's way simpler than some people are making it out to be. Wallet open (and unlocked) more = more total return over time.
unick

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:29:46 AM

Got a question:

lynn_402 says

read this

http://wiki.hobonickels.info/index.php?title=Proof_of_Stake

if it wasn't already done

Awesome Explorers for Awesome Coins | Show some BTC love here: 1AAYAZgaz2me7hyumexUZzcyGRZEYtCx5C
HoboNickels: hbn.blockx.info | BottleCaps: cap.blockx.info | GrowthCoin: grw.blockx.info
rgm108

Activity: 274

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:25:48 AM

Got a question:

lynn_402 says

The "small compound interest" adds up after a while. Once a year would not be as profitable keeping in mind that max maturity occurs after 20 days for HBN.
Also keep in mind that the POS difficulty rises over time and as more people are holding & staking. For HBN this does not make sense (paper wallet for a year). For another POS coin with a longer required maturity this might work.

SPECTRE                ▄▄███▄▄
            ▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
▄▄      ▄▄███▀▀ ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀███▄▄      ▄▄
████▄▄  ▀▀▀ ▄▄███████████▄▄ ▀▀▀  ▄▄████
  ▀▀████▄    ▀▀█████████▀▀    ▄████▀▀
 ██▄▄ ▀██ █▄▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█ ██▀ ▄▄██
 ▀▀███ ██ █████▄       ▄█████ ██ ███▀▀
     ██ ███████▄   ▄███████ ██
       ██ ████████   ████████ ██
       ██▄▄ ▀▀████   ████▀▀ ▄▄██
        ▀▀███▄▄ ▀▀   ▀▀ ▄▄███▀▀
            ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
                ▀▀███▀▀
            │
     │      ███
     │      ███
    │    ███
███  │    ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███     │
███ ███     │
    │

▬▬     WHITEPAPER    ▬▬
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
TWITTER     SLACK     MEDIUM
PRE-SALE.
PUBLIC SALE.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: