Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:49:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HBN Investment Journal - 2% returns every ten days - 90,000+ HBN Porfolio  (Read 69828 times)
MarketNeutral

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 08:04:01 PM

It's far less a function of a coordinated pump and dump and much more a result of a single 'whale.' 100% sure of this.
regtable69

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:56:54 PM

how have i missed these 33 pages?? if only i knew sooner p.s i read your voice as sir terry wogan. hope you dont mind.

http://ghettomining-co.in/net/coin 0% fee +potential block reward  https://discord.gg/NXDanPe net discord
http://ghettomining-co.in/ltc/coin 0% fee                                            https://discord.gg/kHekYc5 pool discord to sign up
http://ghettomining-co.in/waya/coin 0% fee
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:25:08 AM

Please do not give too much credit to the pump scheme. The pump was big because it happened at the same time that the HBN wallet was taken off of cryptsy and rescanned, meaning that deposits and withdrawals were not capable of happening. It just so happens (unless we want to make accusations that members of cryptsy were in on the pump) that a huge amount of demand overwhelmed the HBN market on cryptsy and supply of coins from outside cryptsy were not allowed to fulfill demand. The result was that the cryptsy order book was bought out to a certain extent. Once the wallet was back online supply was able to meet back up with demand.

So my two cents is that the pumper was lucky to coincidentally pump at the same time that the wallet was rescanned.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
MarketNeutral

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:26:39 AM

Please do not give too much credit to the pump scheme. The pump was big because it happened at the same time that the HBN wallet was taken off of cryptsy and rescanned, meaning that deposits and withdrawals were not capable of happening. It just so happens (unless we want to make accusations that members of cryptsy were in on the pump) that a huge amount of demand overwhelmed the HBN market on cryptsy and supply of coins from outside cryptsy were not allowed to fulfill demand. The result was that the cryptsy order book was bought out to a certain extent. Once the wallet was back online supply was able to meet back up with demand.

So my two cents is that the pumper was lucky to coincidentally pump at the same time that the wallet was rescanned.

This is far closer to what happened than the rest of the theories. Good summary, presstab. (And keep up the great work!)

Long-term, I still see incredible growth potential for HBN. Every currency has down days. C'est la vie.
tokyoghetto (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 03:05:37 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2014, 03:28:45 AM by tokyoghetto

great discussions guys. Other than the conspiracy theories this is all good information. One thing to remember is that price is a funny thing. I actually prefer lower prices on HBN because there is more liquidity at these prices. It allows for traders and investors to enter and exit their trades with ease.

Also, eventually the interest rate on HBN will drop to keep in line with the proper minting of coins. NVC started at 100% and its now at around 40%. This system really rewards early investors as they take on the most risk during the early stages of distribution. As interest rates drop, volatility will drop as well.

This is also needs to happen without the influence of outside variables such as pumps/dumps and hype marketing. I feel bad for those that got caught up in the HBN pumps, but if you read my early posts of this journal, I am against teaching how to make money of those. Also look at the people who got caught up in the CINNI coin pump. Another case of kool-aid drinkers hyping a coin only so that early investors could dump on those late to the party.

PHS and NVC is a good example of how volatility can be when HBN hits 40% and BC is a good example if HBN hits 1%. At this moment its comparing apples to oranges but its one method we can use to forecast the type of price movements we can expect from HBN in the future.

Price discovery, you just have to love it!
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 03:19:12 AM

Also look at the people who got caught up in the CINNI coin pump.

I have told so many millions of people how 15s blocks are completely invalid and to stop buying the coin but they just won't listen.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
tokyoghetto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 03:28:08 AM

Also look at the people who got caught up in the CINNI coin pump.

I have told so many millions of people how 15s blocks are completely invalid and to stop buying the coin but they just won't listen.

CINNI coin also had a short distribution, during a holiday no less. They were very aggressive in invading other threads and hyping up their coin. A few months ago people were complaining about QUARK and its short "instamine" distribution now we have every colour of the rainbow doing anywhere from 3-7 day distributions.

I know that HBN pushes the limit at 30 seconds on blocktimes, but CINNI at 15s is pretty insane. Almost as insane as FASTcoin at 5 seconds.
Jamesco

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 04:03:16 AM

Great discussion guys,

Just wanted to mention I wasn't trying to focus on the pump, I was attempting to understand/discuss why such a sharp down swing. Just over a week ago we were talking around worst case scenarios at 50000, before that anything under 30000 was hard to come by, and now we just hit a low of 20000. Understandably such is the life of the market. Would be interesting to understand why though.

Personally enjoying the lower price more as well Smiley
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 06:18:55 AM

Great discussion guys,

Just wanted to mention I wasn't trying to focus on the pump, I was attempting to understand/discuss why such a sharp down swing. Just over a week ago we were talking around worst case scenarios at 50000, before that anything under 30000 was hard to come by, and now we just hit a low of 20000. Understandably such is the life of the market. Would be interesting to understand why though.

Personally enjoying the lower price more as well Smiley

Jamesco, your focus on the pump is necessary and brought to my attention conversations that I had missed.

As a long term HBN investor, I have to be quite honest I did not buy any substantial blocks of HBN at prices of 30k satoshi. Now that the price has come back down I think I am going to start buying a few decent chunks everyday and spread my buy out over a few days to get more of an average price rather than what the price happened to be at a particular time.  I still think HBN is the best coin out there, and right now is time to start adding more to my portfolio.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 07:50:54 AM

You can leave your wallet all the time to stake coins quicker and maximize gains. Its best to get a VPS, load up the wallet and just leave it running.
How can I access a HBN wallet on a VPS with command-line only?

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 07:54:08 AM

As a long term HBN investor, I have to be quite honest I did not buy any substantial blocks of HBN at prices of 30k satoshi. Now that the price has come back down I think I am going to start buying a few decent chunks everyday and spread my buy out over a few days to get more of an average price rather than what the price happened to be at a particular time.  I still think HBN is the best coin out there, and right now is time to start adding more to my portfolio.
What do you consider a decent price? I'd say the average price is 20k (of course, early adopters got it cheaper, but I don't think it will happen again anytime soon).

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 10:07:05 AM

What do you consider a decent price? I'd say the average price is 20k (of course, early adopters got it cheaper, but I don't think it will happen again anytime soon).

I think there are many factors at play. Don't forget that the short term price also depends on how the whole altcoin market is doing. Altcoins can be VERY volatile even when priced against BTC. If the overall market plummets or rallies, it's hard to see how HBN wouldn't be affected. Giving a price estimate as 'fair' doesn't capture the whole altcoin scene, IMO. You need to look at several factors at play. Which is why, I usually have a fair % of my portfolio in BTC, so if there's a bear market overall, I can pick up my favorite coins on the cheap. If they are fairly valued, I hold.
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 10:14:52 AM
Last edit: May 12, 2014, 08:07:45 PM by David Latapie

Which is why, I usually have a fair % of my portfolio in BTC, so if there's a bear market overall, I can pick up my favorite coins on the cheap. If they are fairly valued, I hold.
Thanks. I should have my monthly 100 EUR (yeah, I'm poor) in two days at kraken, then I'll trailing stop them for BTC. I might keep my BTC for an opportunity or else buy some LGD, since it is the newest high-stake coin I found (but that would be a gamble too).

Edit: LGD is premined Sad Can't there be a new non-premined high-stake, for a change?

tokyoghetto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 11:47:23 AM

I sold 5000 HBN last night at market so that I can buy PHS. Look at the post here to see why https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=292720.msg6680759#msg6680759

Market held all the way to my last sell and rebounded. Pretty impressed.
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 03:59:56 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2014, 08:08:48 PM by David Latapie

PoS is a complex concept but a pretty cool one IMHO Grin
Hi,

I wrote a PoS guide. It is certainly full of mistake, could you please review it? Thank you.

How PoS work

Digi7ech

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

HBN <3

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 04:50:25 PM

I got semi caught up in the pump myself. I bought a few thousand at the 45-50k high but I'm long term, so I'm not worried. I'll make my price offset back in interest over a week or two.

That's the beauty of the interest aspect. I can buy semi high and not fret due to making that value back in interest in 10 days.

Looks like some mid level people sold off some assets too. I managed to break the Top 50 mark due to it.
The Top 50 mark was my current goal. We'll see if I can go to 40 now.

Will have to divert some of my mining profit to paying for the electric bills instead of buying hbn. 4500khs of GPU's is power hungry and summer is coming.

Hobo Nickel rocks!
HBN: ErCmri4PCGc1HAQtsufpWA7M1M9tjRdTb6
tokyoghetto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 05:32:24 PM

I got semi caught up in the pump myself. I bought a few thousand at the 45-50k high but I'm long term, so I'm not worried. I'll make my price offset back in interest over a week or two.

That's the beauty of the interest aspect. I can buy semi high and not fret due to making that value back in interest in 10 days.

Looks like some mid level people sold off some assets too. I managed to break the Top 50 mark due to it.

Will have to divert some of my mining profit to paying for the electric bills instead of buying hbn. 4500khs of GPU's is power hungry and summer is coming.

pouring one out for the homies mining scrypt on GPUs this summer. My last miner has been off for about a week now, I am just to lazy to sell off the video cards. Might make my nephews some sick gaming towers with them.

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 05:35:08 PM

pouring one out for the homies mining scrypt on GPUs this summer. My last miner has been off for about a week now, I am just to lazy to sell off the video cards. Might make my nephews some sick gaming towers with them.
I'm wondering if I will spend the money I just got from my first monero sale for buying TEK or if I will wait for the price to go down.. If I buy now and the price goes back to 20k, I would need three months just to recover. OTOH, if the price does not go down, or not much...

cryptmebro

Activity: 786

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 05:36:04 PM

Yeah, it doesn't make sense.  Drk/src (gpu)  for me.
Digi7ech

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

HBN <3

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 12:24:06 AM

Been thinking of parting out some of my GPU rigs and switching over to Scrypt ASIC like gridseed, but don't like the liquidity of the item if market goes poof. GPU's at least have a second market for them to sell on.

Luckily I started an llc and can write off the GPU's & expenses. Hoping to kill off any of the IRS's tax rulings with costs.

Hobo Nickel rocks!
HBN: ErCmri4PCGc1HAQtsufpWA7M1M9tjRdTb6
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: