Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 10:29:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HBN Investment Journal - 2% returns every ten days - 90,000+ HBN Porfolio  (Read 69829 times)
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 04:41:14 AM

This week in proof of stake news, Dreamcoin and Libertycoin both scams:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=606979.0

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 09:21:16 PM

I have been able to pick up some decent chunks of HBN at the current price.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
tokyoghetto (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 09:24:55 PM

the liquidity is nice on both the buy and sell side.
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 10:41:30 PM

Of the 3 coins I am interested in right now, HBN has the best liquidity on both sides. I can buy decent chunks or sell decent chunks of HBN without moving the market much at all. It is great!

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
unick

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 05:34:51 AM

I have updated the block explorer
http://hbn.blockx.info/

you can get a list of the new features here

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303749.msg6756798#msg6756798

Awesome Explorers for Awesome Coins | Show some BTC love here: 1AAYAZgaz2me7hyumexUZzcyGRZEYtCx5C
HoboNickels: hbn.blockx.info | BottleCaps: cap.blockx.info | GrowthCoin: grw.blockx.info
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:06:42 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2014, 06:17:41 AM by r0ach

Someday someone will release a non-scam exchange that has appropriate minimum orders to stop bots from flooding/stacking both the buy and sell side with .0003 btc orders.  Maybe peg each minimum order to $1 minimum or something.  As for people's claims on Hobo liquidity, it's pretty damn low, $6000 a day according to coinmarketcap.com.

The high interest rate obviously hurts liquidity.  I don't feel like 100% is an optimal target even if you are the type of person that believes in having high interest rates on coins that are still in PoW stage.

I feel the magic number for coins done with PoW would be 3-5%.  For coins still in PoW stage, 25% seems like a safe number, 33% if you're desperate to attract people without destroying liquidity completely, and 50% is kind of pushing it.

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
dogechode

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 03:38:26 PM

Screw liquidity, I like my 100% stake reward just fine, thankyouverymuchsir!
tokyoghetto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 04:35:27 PM

I sold 3000 HBN two days ago to buy some CAP. I am at 89426.2791 HBN.
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 08:19:31 PM

Someday someone will release a non-scam exchange that has appropriate minimum orders to stop bots from flooding/stacking both the buy and sell side with .0003 btc orders.  Maybe peg each minimum order to $1 minimum or something.  As for people's claims on Hobo liquidity, it's pretty damn low, $6000 a day according to coinmarketcap.com.

The high interest rate obviously hurts liquidity.  I don't feel like 100% is an optimal target even if you are the type of person that believes in having high interest rates on coins that are still in PoW stage.

I feel the magic number for coins done with PoW would be 3-5%.  For coins still in PoW stage, 25% seems like a safe number, 33% if you're desperate to attract people without destroying liquidity completely, and 50% is kind of pushing it.

I remember back 3-4 months ago when roach was trying to claim HBN was a scam and that "the western world is ideologically against interest" or something like that. Roach has been quite the entertainment in this thread.  Too bad I didn't find Roach's investment advice about ronpaulcoin way back when, I could have maybe lost as much money as roach did!

Ense04

Activity: 145

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 11:07:55 PM

So, im a new investor in HBN. Really like the 2% returns and find the whole concept fascinating. I am having a little difficulty understanding coin control, but I know there is information out there to help answer my questions. I have noticed A LOT of orphan blocks in my wallet, not sure if thats normal. I leave my wallet synced on all day long.

I am a little concerned as to the drastic drop in price over the past few weeks. I am of the mindset that with all investments, there will be ups and downs. I like that I am able to buy more coins at these low prices, but I see a lot of huge blocks being sold off on a daily basis. Im guessing that this is due to many of the long term holders cashing in their daily/weekly staked coins. Is this a sign that HBN is slowly losing customer support?
tokyoghetto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 12:31:05 AM

So, im a new investor in HBN. Really like the 2% returns and find the whole concept fascinating. I am having a little difficulty understanding coin control, but I know there is information out there to help answer my questions. I have noticed A LOT of orphan blocks in my wallet, not sure if thats normal. I leave my wallet synced on all day long.

I am a little concerned as to the drastic drop in price over the past few weeks. I am of the mindset that with all investments, there will be ups and downs. I like that I am able to buy more coins at these low prices, but I see a lot of huge blocks being sold off on a daily basis. Im guessing that this is due to many of the long term holders cashing in their daily/weekly staked coins. Is this a sign that HBN is slowly losing customer support?

BTC is in rally mode and most alts are on a downtrend. So the value is all relative. This a game of huge swings so the big rallies come with big downturns.

stick to your trading plan and trade accordingly.
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 06:09:47 PM

Information about coin control can be found here http://wiki.hobonickels.info/index.php?title=Coin_Control

Information about orphans http://wiki.hobonickels.info/index.php?title=Orphan

To clear your orphans use the repair wallet button on the wallet drop down menu.

Ense04

Activity: 145

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 01:26:16 AM

Information about coin control can be found here http://wiki.hobonickels.info/index.php?title=Coin_Control

Information about orphans http://wiki.hobonickels.info/index.php?title=Orphan

To clear your orphans use the repair wallet button on the wallet drop down menu.

Thanks for the info!
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 10:32:44 PM

I know that HBN pushes the limit at 30 seconds on blocktimes, but CINNI at 15s is pretty insane. Almost as insane as FASTcoin at 5 seconds.
Monero is at 60 and we have a lot of orphans too. Even 60 makes problem.

And when it will be time to sell them, how will you?

StakeHunter encourages to sell 25% of stake (thus keeping 75% for compounding interests). Sure, it takes a toll on growth, so you might wish to change this percentage for a lower one.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
tokyoghetto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 10:56:41 PM

Screw liquidity, I like my 100% stake reward just fine, thankyouverymuchsir! And when it will be time to sell them, how will you?

Same way municipal bonds and other illiquid assets are traded, Over The Counter. In the early stages of distribution, the order book on an open exchange will be illiquid. The other option is to just contact other traders on BTCtalk and ask for a simple OTC trade. You can use the current bid/ask price on the exchange to price your OTC trade.

I get PMs all the time from people asking me to sell them blocks of HBN and TEK. Sometimes volume exchange can be deceiving, as some trades don't happen on an altcoin exchange.

Later on when more coins are in existence and more coins find their way on the open order book, you will be able to sell bigger blocks without adverse price movements.
MarketNeutral

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 11:06:45 PM

I know that HBN pushes the limit at 30 seconds on blocktimes, but CINNI at 15s is pretty insane. Almost as insane as FASTcoin at 5 seconds.
Monero is at 60 and we have a lot of orphans too. Even 60 makes problem.

And when it will be time to sell them, how will you?

StakeHunter encourages to sell 25% of stake (thus keeping 75% for compounding interests). Sure, it takes a toll on growth, so you might wish to change this percentage for a lower one.
I don't know the optimal percent to sell, but 25% of stake is probably close.

But damn, it can be difficult not to just let it all compound!
darlidada

Activity: 723

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:39:30 AM

I got semi caught up in the pump myself. I bought a few thousand at the 45-50k high but I'm long term, so I'm not worried. I'll make my price offset back in interest over a week or two.

That's the beauty of the interest aspect. I can buy semi high and not fret due to making that value back in interest in 10 days.

pouring one out for the homies mining scrypt on GPUs this summer. My last miner has been off for about a week now, I am just to lazy to sell off the video cards. Might make my nephews some sick gaming towers with them.
I'm wondering if I will spend the money I just got from my first monero sale for buying TEK or if I will wait for the price to go down.. If I buy now and the price goes back to 20k, I would need three months just to recover. OTOH, if the price does not go down, or not much...

If you want some, I got some TEK to sell OTC. Or if anyone else is interested just PM me.
ninjarobot

Activity: 761
Merit: 500

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 06:28:09 AM

Is it me or has the BlockX explorer @ http://hbn.blockx.info/ been down for the last few days?

Code:

http://hbn.blockx.info/connected-nodes

Does anyone know who maintains this block explorer? I vastly prefer it over the barebones Abe explorer @ http://162.217.249.198:1080/
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 09:47:45 AM

Too bad I didn't find Roach's investment advice about ronpaulcoin way back when, I could have maybe lost as much money as roach did!

I didn't tell anyone to invest in Ron Paul coin, I just helped with the coin.  I believe the Hobo dev helped with it as well...

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
David Latapie

Activity: 658

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 03:29:19 PM

i will tell u this:
HBN - best to hold
CAP - might be soon, so good to buy
LGD - similar to PHS but now very cheap - easy to enter
PHS - allright but messy wallet
MINT - dead now
BC - too late to enter
And BCX/Battlecoin?

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: