Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 06:29:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO Reviews, trust them or NOT?  (Read 2253 times)
sergeykravchenko1959

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 08:00:49 AM

To eliminate the risk of fraudulent projects and losing their investment you should carefully select projects for investment. To use reviews on rating sites to examine the white paper of the project and to draw attention to the team . Still it is desirable that the project had its basis in a real product .

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
baconlike

Activity: 308
Merit: 3

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 08:03:10 AM

I certainly won't trust those comments and telegraph groups, although I will check out some information about ICO before investing, but I am only using it as a reference material!
Nowadays, the information on the internet has a way to splinter through them, and they beautifully paint their numbers. So we should not trust them much, just for reference and analysis of our own factors would be better, safer for us.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
bboyjohn

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 08:17:49 AM

Ico projects that allocate a specific budget for advertising. If you give money to the ico rating sites or reviewers, they will show you as a good project and give you a high rating. so I can say that the ico rating sites are not safe, dont trust anybody Smiley

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 08:19:25 AM

You can listen to them but do not rely on them. ICO reviewers such as comments from known people and vlogers are not fully reliable, it is either they are paid to give positive feed backs to an ICO or they are one of the big investors of it. They will not do something that will not benefit them, remember.
Bharathi13

Activity: 368
Merit: 25

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 08:23:51 AM

Very nicely expressed thread about how this service prey ICO TGE business as well as investors, all this services effects cryptocurrency community members too who rely on influencers and this paid reviews. But as a responsible investors once should do their own research too as it's their money they will be going to invest and they will have to bear the losses.
Watch this excellent vedio by cryptobeadles who exposed the same points in his vedio
https://youtu.be/b_fFCdxkHGM

Mypanara19

Activity: 826
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2018, 08:36:45 AM

These ICO rating websites do not think they are very objective. They may give you a better rating when you spend some money. So I think the key to investing in ICO is not to refer to the ICO rating website, but to rely on your own experience and judgment.

I agree with this post. I could say that not all ico rating website are reliable and most of them I really do not know the basis of their rating since I have this 1 crypto project previously where few of them had rated this one particular project but it turned out to be a scam. It is always much better to rely with our own research and be ready with the consequences of our decisions when it comes to investing with cryptocurrencies.
Ociwiw

Activity: 378
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 08:50:12 AM

I absolutely agree sometimes the projects do not correspond at all to what is written about them or shown in the review.  I have been haunted by the idea that everything on ICO-rating websites has been paid for a long time!
dentolas

Activity: 854
Merit: 12

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 09:01:32 AM

I see your points and mostly agree with them... the main problem is that reviews are paid per order, so imagine an ICO review site or a guru blogger saying that an ICO project that paid the fee is shit or not thrustworthy...
There are surely some which reviews are more valid than others... this is why we should always look at this with a critical view and not give away our trust easily...~cheers

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 09:07:43 AM

It is hard to find independent reviews, almost impossible because crypto market is pretty new and everyone wants to earn as much as possible before it will be too late.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
Temmy007

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 09:10:34 AM

Most of ico reviews of new ico popping up everyday are paid reviews;
I don't know why this ico's are not tired yet;
MegaPost

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 11:09:44 AM

Video Reviews, ICO mailers, Listing websites, Telegram Groups, Can you trust them?

Before expressing my opinion about this I would like to mention that the statement made by me is not regarding any particular blogger, vlogger or a listing website. These are all my individual opinions.

Coming back to our topic. I strongly believe that

Most of the ICO reviews made by vloggers on youtube, bloggers on websites, ICO review websites and Telegram channels and groups created by so called “Gurus” have absolutely no value associated with them, are “useless”.

Here is why I think these reviews mislead people more than they help:

They are all paid reviews

The fact that most of the reviewers take money from the company to write about them makes the first point. Why would you write bad about somebody who is paying you to write. That would be best idea to close your shop, isn’t it? :-) lol!. They get money to attract people to make an investment. It’s their job or business model and if they have to be successful they have to deliver well on that.

A good article or a video is the one which brings more people to buy the product

Think about this, A good review article or a youtube video has nothing to do with the success of the product. Usually, Success of the product will come long after you had watched the video and most of the time when you will see the result of your investment you would have forgotten the research you did to figure out if the ICO was good or bad. But, If the video or that content is not entertaining or engaging enough you would not like it which would mean less business to the paying party. To summarise, Reviews are 100% focused towards engagement rather than success of the product.

Have you ever seem a player who represent his country for football as well as Rugby?
Most of the reviewers will speak and write about every industry, product originating from every country, product using every technology and with the token economics as difficult to understand that a qualified economist will struggle. I mean, They say and write those things for which even Warren Buffet would have said “I don’t know” :-) but these guys know everything ( I don’t know why I am thinking about my wife while writing this content :-)).

They should be themselves made billions by now

Can you imagine a person knowing so much about the whole business field that he has a following of 10,000 or 100,000 people and not making billions. I mean, He is like the person who touches anything and that turns out to be gold, Isn’t it?. Don’t get me wrong, They make very good money from the companies who want them to attract traffic for their websites. The point is, A person who is super expert of a segment like “blockchain ICO” (It’s true that many ICOs have given more than 100,000X returns) must have invested his $500 into those 100s of successful ICOs, right? :-). Somehow, That’s not the case and they keep on freelancing or working for very big marketing companies.

So, To whom should you listen? Who can give you the correct information? How can you trust that information?

I will share my thoughts about it shortly. If I am thinking on correct lines or saying something completely incorrect, I would let you to decide.

In the meantime, Please checkout our ICO at www.talenthon.io, We are a very genuine team based out of UK trying to disrupt an industry which is desperately looking for change with a unique vision. Invest if you like the whole business proposition.

Most reviews are paid. The only difference is that promotional reviews are marked and others are not. You may see a lot of videos about it.
cryptolord2077

Activity: 1064
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 12:27:51 PM

For me, everything depends on the reputation of the resource on which the project analyst is located. There are a number of reputable sites and groups that can be trusted, but even their analytics should be criticized and rechecked.
ricatop

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 12:31:34 PM

No, of course, I don’t trust them because all these reviews are fully paid and people say good words to the projects only because of their potential profit.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●  AZ FundChain  ●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
FINANCIAL INCLUSION THROUGH DECENTRALIZED MONEY CIRCLES
http://beta.azfundchain.io
petrcoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 270

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 12:35:15 PM

Don't trust them or don't think they are fraud.

Listen or read it with spectical mode on later make your own research. Even they are the most trustworthy people doing the review, it is your money and you should only trust yourselves.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
yingfeng

Activity: 910
Merit: 263

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 12:41:12 PM

No, I do not trust such reviews. Many videos and articles are made only because of advertising. If I am going to invest in some project, I myself study this project.

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████
  ███████             ███████
 █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards
▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄       
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████   
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████   
  █████████████████████   
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████     
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
Prettymie

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 12:41:33 PM

I still read those reviews from them but not to the point that I will decide base on them. Ratings is just a numbers it's not a guarantee that people will invest since they get a higher ratings. I seen many high ratings ICOs but they failed to collect good amount of money to start the project.
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2018, 12:42:27 PM

Video Reviews, ICO mailers, Listing websites, Telegram Groups, Can you trust them?

Before expressing my opinion about this I would like to mention that the statement made by me is not regarding any particular blogger, vlogger or a listing website. These are all my individual opinions.

Coming back to our topic. I strongly believe that

Most of the ICO reviews made by vloggers on youtube, bloggers on websites, ICO review websites and Telegram channels and groups created by so called “Gurus” have absolutely no value associated with them, are “useless”.

Here is why I think these reviews mislead people more than they help:

They are all paid reviews

The fact that most of the reviewers take money from the company to write about them makes the first point. Why would you write bad about somebody who is paying you to write. That would be best idea to close your shop, isn’t it? :-) lol!. They get money to attract people to make an investment. It’s their job or business model and if they have to be successful they have to deliver well on that.

A good article or a video is the one which brings more people to buy the product

Think about this, A good review article or a youtube video has nothing to do with the success of the product. Usually, Success of the product will come long after you had watched the video and most of the time when you will see the result of your investment you would have forgotten the research you did to figure out if the ICO was good or bad. But, If the video or that content is not entertaining or engaging enough you would not like it which would mean less business to the paying party. To summarise, Reviews are 100% focused towards engagement rather than success of the product.

Have you ever seem a player who represent his country for football as well as Rugby?
Most of the reviewers will speak and write about every industry, product originating from every country, product using every technology and with the token economics as difficult to understand that a qualified economist will struggle. I mean, They say and write those things for which even Warren Buffet would have said “I don’t know” :-) but these guys know everything ( I don’t know why I am thinking about my wife while writing this content :-)).

They should be themselves made billions by now

Can you imagine a person knowing so much about the whole business field that he has a following of 10,000 or 100,000 people and not making billions. I mean, He is like the person who touches anything and that turns out to be gold, Isn’t it?. Don’t get me wrong, They make very good money from the companies who want them to attract traffic for their websites. The point is, A person who is super expert of a segment like “blockchain ICO” (It’s true that many ICOs have given more than 100,000X returns) must have invested his $500 into those 100s of successful ICOs, right? :-). Somehow, That’s not the case and they keep on freelancing or working for very big marketing companies.

So, To whom should you listen? Who can give you the correct information? How can you trust that information?

I will share my thoughts about it shortly. If I am thinking on correct lines or saying something completely incorrect, I would let you to decide.

In the meantime, Please checkout our ICO at www.talenthon.io, We are a very genuine team based out of UK trying to disrupt an industry which is desperately looking for change with a unique vision. Invest if you like the whole business proposition.

Since the start of socials and influencer era, you can no longer rely on most of them as they can be as well bias. The main thing that you should always rely on is yourself. Your own research. You will also prevent yourself from blaming others as well.

jony35490

Activity: 422
Merit: 9

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 12:43:04 PM

In my opinion, it is better not to fully depend on the ico review site. Because many sites like to take money for promotion So they make good review on the bad projects for money. So it is better to do your own research before any investment.
basici

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 12:47:58 PM

There are really adequate and honest reviews, but unfortunately there are very few of them on the market, so I do not believe them

BtcEX Btc : Exchange for Everyone
We offer the most profitable and comfortable exchange rates for cryptocurrency
https://bxlend.com/
CEOKEY

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 12:48:17 PM

ICO assessments only give me valuable reference before deciding. I believe in more research, reasoning and decisions of myself.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: