Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:59:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3055610 times)
Tonza

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 03:29:37 PM

What do you think this coin is going to be worth when it hits an exchange, i'm trying to draw a reference point, I guess EAC would the closest one?

EAC had more enthusiastic support behind it.  It's block reward was a little higher, but it didn't have massive giveaways equal to 6+ solved blocks either.  Assuming 3/4 of the people that enter giveaways are mooches who will dump it the second they can, I'd put the initial exchange value around 300 satoshi with a very, very fast ramp down to 100 satoshi.

If you're lucky and dev supports the coin as promised, it will go back up from there.  But that initial dump will be brutal. 

EAC had big giveaway early. I got 20k but others got as much as 50k. But it was still smaller than DGB though.

WDC: WkJWjXjW5iyYT2t2wKYwuMtdHt7cRHS4ty

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pickaxe.cc

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 03:30:58 PM

@pickaxe When will the auto payout's be switched on

We have just re-enabled auto-payout upon many requests. We will see how it goes and might adjust the values in the future!

Pickaxe.cc
 Kiss
iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 03:39:07 PM

What do you think this coin is going to be worth when it hits an exchange, i'm trying to draw a reference point, I guess EAC would the closest one?

EAC had more enthusiastic support behind it.  It's block reward was a little higher, but it didn't have massive giveaways equal to 6+ solved blocks either.  Assuming 3/4 of the people that enter giveaways are mooches who will dump it the second they can, I'd put the initial exchange value around 300 satoshi with a very, very fast ramp down to 100 satoshi.

If you're lucky and dev supports the coin as promised, it will go back up from there.  But that initial dump will be brutal. 

Calculate the number of DGB you can mine per day given your hash. Compare to another coin you think holds similar promise & calculate the daily income you'd make with your hash mining that coin. Convert to DGB and you have your answer Wink

I'm aware how to do simple math.  The rate any one coin commands when it hits an exchange is a guestimate at best.  Comparing to any established coin is pointless, and comparing it to other new coins requires knowledge that isn't always the easiest to find (giveaway amounts, premine reserved for developers, kickbacks to game providers, other bounties, etc.)  One can roughly compare the amount of posts per day on a given coin thread and the hashpower at a given time from launch as an indication of the interest in a coin, but then you have one's like MOON that crashed so spectacularly despite the relative enthusiasm by posters and miners - likely due to the prodigious amount of them that were being produced.  

Honestly, cryptsy kills as many coins as it helps.  The obsession with getting on an exchange early is bad policy.  The only real sustainable otpion is to line up services that will take a coin before it's on an exchange so that the propensity to dump them isn't as large.  Funds from the premine could be used to guarantee a certain price level if the exchange rate did not hit initial estimates.  But to launch a coin and go straight to an exchange before anything else can be done with it is almost certain death.  I'm aware there are merchants that take it now, but greater support is necessary to avoid the low valuation - no mining spiral that is the kiss of death for all coins.  

I think it's a given that it'll fall just after listing, but given DGB's usefulness as a POS currency I expect that those who wait too long to buy will find themselves locked out of the market as it will rise again soon. My completely unscientific guesstimate would be in the region of 50-100Satoshi's.  If it lists for that much it's going to get smashed by multipools tho :/
Johnster03

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 03:48:10 PM

Calculate the number of DGB you can mine per day given your hash. Compare to another coin you think holds similar promise & calculate the daily income you'd make with your hash mining that coin. Convert to DGB and you have your answer Wink

I'm aware how to do simple math.  The rate any one coin commands when it hits an exchange is a guestimate at best.  Comparing to any established coin is pointless, and comparing it to other new coins requires knowledge that isn't always the easiest to find (giveaway amounts, premine reserved for developers, kickbacks to game providers, other bounties, etc.)  One can roughly compare the amount of posts per day on a given coin thread and the hashpower at a given time from launch as an indication of the interest in a coin, but then you have one's like MOON that crashed so spectacularly despite the relative enthusiasm by posters and miners - likely due to the prodigious amount of them that were being produced.  

Honestly, cryptsy kills as many coins as it helps.  The obsession with getting on an exchange early is bad policy.  The only real sustainable otpion is to line up services that will take a coin before it's on an exchange so that the propensity to dump them isn't as large.  Funds from the premine could be used to guarantee a certain price level if the exchange rate did not hit initial estimates.  But to launch a coin and go straight to an exchange before anything else can be done with it is almost certain death.  I'm aware there are merchants that take it now, but greater support is necessary to avoid the low valuation - no mining spiral that is the kiss of death for all coins.  

I think it's a given that it'll fall just after listing, but given DGB's usefulness as a POS currency I expect that those who wait too long to buy will find themselves locked out of the market as it will rise again soon. My completely unscientific guesstimate would be in the region of 50-100Satoshi's.  If it lists for that much it's going to get smashed by multipools tho :/

That does not make sense to me. No multipool would touch it at a rate of 50-100sat. You can currently make less than 10k/1MH/day at the current diff, so even at a rate of 100 sat, you would make around 0.01BTC/Mh. Even Doge gives you slightly more. And you forget that as soon as multipools jump in, the hash rate and consequently also the diff increases. Soon you will not get more than 5k/1MH/day, so 50-100sat seems undervalued and certainly not interesting for multipools
thrassos

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 03:50:55 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2014, 07:23:10 PM by thrassos

Join our Digibyte Pool at: https://www.cryptopoolmining.com/dgb/

• ★★★ Captcha enabled during login ★★★
  • ★★★ All new accounts will be locked until verified via the verification e-mail they will receive during the registration process ★★★ (create a new mail account to keep your anonymity)
  • ★★★ 2-WAY authentication via e-mail (change account details, change password, withdraw) ★★★
  • Secure http connection to our site.
  • We are using proportional (PROP) reward system.
  • Server monitoring statistics are available and updated every 5 minutes.
  • E-mail Notifications (new block found, down workers, auto payments, manual payments).
  • Live dashboard updating info every 60 seconds.
  • Statum servers: 2 (US, EU)
  • Helpdesk application for your support
  • Fast payments (every 2 minutes)

Happy mining!!!

Single Sign-On Pools: MONA, DGB, NUT, SLR, GLC, VGC, GDN and much more.
DGB Scrypt Pool - DGB Sha256d Pool - DGB Groestl Pool - DGB Skein Pool
Join us at: http://www.CryptoPoolMining.com/. Your crypto mining partner!
kimb0

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 03:51:19 PM

@pickaxe When will the auto payout's be switched on

We have just re-enabled auto-payout upon many requests. We will see how it goes and might adjust the values in the future!

Pickaxe.cc
 Kiss

Thank you kind sir Smiley

PIG: 7Hj3rfTDbzEPVh98n3N3t7UJRBhQq8GDX4
a3tje

Activity: 162

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 03:51:55 PM

It seems like a lot of you are forgetting the MASSIVE giveaway in the first 48 hours, let's do the math:
**Note: After the first 48 hours of DigiByte's life over 37 million of the giveaway account has been disbursed to over 1200 wallet addresses !**
37.000.000 / 1200 = 30833,33333333333

That is more than 30K average as a give away in only the first 48 hours..... That is something not really healthy in my view, then there is the other give away to people who simply give a facebook like or a post; ohh and not to forget the "scammish" websites that got 10K+ coins when adding digibyte.

So my believe is, this coin will drop like a rock as a lot (for example half of give away is already 15 million) will get dumped...
Please convince me otherwise but the too agressive giveaways only work to get noticed but not to build a steady coin!(based upon other coins!!)

NOBLECOIN - 9fvwjckaumnb6jMXtBsE3tdtsN3V5SLBU1
martins

Activity: 140

Residencial Castor Apart-Hotel

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 04:02:32 PM

I think it's a given that it'll fall just after listing, but given DGB's usefulness as a POS currency I expect that those who wait too long to buy will find themselves locked out of the market as it will rise again soon. My completely unscientific guesstimate would be in the region of 50-100Satoshi's.  If it lists for that much it's going to get smashed by multipools tho :/

It seems like a lot of you are forgetting the MASSIVE giveaway in the first 48 hours, let's do the math:
**Note: After the first 48 hours of DigiByte's life over 37 million of the giveaway account has been disbursed to over 1200 wallet addresses !**

That is more than 30K average as a give away in only the first 48 hours..... That is something not really healthy in my view, then there is the other give away to people who simply give a facebook like or a post; ohh and not to forget the "scammish" websites that got 10K+ coins when adding digibyte.

So my believe is, this coin will drop like a rock as a lot (for example half of give away is already 15 million) will get dumped...
Please convince me otherwise but the too agressive giveaways only work to get noticed but not to build a steady coin!(based upon other coins!!)

Just one sentece "Buy cheap while it last!" I'm whilling to buy 5 millions when the price gets dumped, now we see what will happend, becouse everything right now it's speculations and a merchand wont survive long with this.

with 3mh/s scrypt - you can mine 36$ a day now do the math's
with 3mh/s scrypt - you can mine 30k DGB

1000 DGB = 1$

grynca

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 04:07:34 PM

My belief is that with the dedication devs are putting into it, the coin has solid chance to make it to top ten coins in market cap. Maybe higher. You are just questioning their strategy, you are every right to do so, but from my point of view their strategy is solid. So far it works to say at least, they lured some early adopters, both with giveaways and with the hard work they put into it. If they keep their effort (forum updates, website updates, building the community ...) then we have nothing to worry about. Most coins die because developers fail to communicate or do some scams. This is not the case. Bright future ahead us, stay cool my friends ;]
iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 04:08:18 PM

That does not make sense to me. No multipool would touch it at a rate of 50-100sat. You can currently make less than 10k/1MH/day at the current diff, so even at a rate of 100 sat, you would make around 0.01BTC/Mh. Even Doge gives you slightly more. And you forget that as soon as multipools jump in, the hash rate and consequently also the diff increases. Soon you will not get more than 5k/1MH/day, so 50-100sat seems undervalued and certainly not interesting for multipools

Why I said unscientific is because my hashing figures are not accurate yet, I haven't been mining long enough. So it may well be that it's not *worth* that much. Coins seem to debut far higher than their worth tho so that was the reason for my estimate.  Re: multipools, you'll see that Lotto coin is approx the same payout/value and it regularly tops coinwarz. On Cryptsy all the sell orders are for tiny amounts so it's apparent that the sell orders are mostly the multipools at work.

But yes, I didn't see the huge giveaways so that would factor in as well. How much is anyone's guess.
a3tje

Activity: 162

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 04:13:19 PM

I think it's a given that it'll fall just after listing, but given DGB's usefulness as a POS currency I expect that those who wait too long to buy will find themselves locked out of the market as it will rise again soon. My completely unscientific guesstimate would be in the region of 50-100Satoshi's.  If it lists for that much it's going to get smashed by multipools tho :/

Just one sentece "Buy cheap while it last!" I'm whilling to buy 5 millions when the price gets dumped, now we see what will happend, becouse everything right now it's speculations and a merchand wont survive long with this.

1000 DGB = 1$

You are referring to a coin that can be traded on more than 1 site... think comparing a hardly establised coin to one that is in the market for years is kind of "tricky"

Will see what the coin does one is goes on an exchange....

NOBLECOIN - 9fvwjckaumnb6jMXtBsE3tdtsN3V5SLBU1
sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 04:14:52 PM

What exchanges community contacted? Cryptsy, CoinedUP, else?

Started mining again, fuck all these LTC, DOGE, and other shitcoins... DGB forever to deep space!
martins

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 04:18:06 PM

1000 DGB = 1$

You are referring to a coin that can be traded on more than 1 site... think comparing a hardly establised coin to one that is in the market for years is kind of "tricky"

Will see what the coin does one is goes on an exchange....

Now that's not speculation, i will accept 1000 DGB as 0.8$ to rent my Apartments. For now i'm buying (trading) it right now!

01 Bedroom Apartment (For a Couple) 02 person - 75$/day including breakfast. More less 93750 DGB/day for a couple.

**This quotation is for today's rent, World Cup has a totally diferent price.**

shtefan

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 04:21:07 PM

join http://digi.morecoins.org/
it's my small, but proud pool.
1% fee. Stratum with VARDIFF, Proportional Payout!, SSD cloud hosting,  auto-payment, 20 network confirmation, salt user passwords, uptime 99%, Alive after 8 DDoS attacks!
sitefive

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 04:32:38 PM

About how many Digibyte you can now get with 1000khs per day?

Delivereath

Activity: 148

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 04:37:21 PM

I think 100 satochi for 1 digibyte is highly optimistic.

If you compare it to USDE, Digibyte will have 21 billions coins while USDE will have only 1.6 billion. Coin reward is 8000 per block and 1 block per minute for Digibyte and 1000 coins per block and 1 block per minute for USDE.

If I remember well, the last price on the exchange for USDE was around 50 satochi. Do you really think that Digibyte has a chance to have a higher value than USDE ?
sammy007
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 04:38:45 PM

I am wondering why you guys compare this coin to other coins using difficulty as a key? Currently we are getting reward for our faith in DGB, while others still mining DOGE. We are blessed minority. 1000 = $0.8? Stop this shit, I'll never accept this price. Too low.
martins

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 04:40:38 PM

Grin i think a guy with 10mh/s can live in my Apartment for his entire Life! hehe

sammy007
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 04:41:37 PM

About how many Digibyte you can now get with 1000khs per day?

martins

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 04:42:18 PM

I am wondering why you guys compare this coin to other coins using difficulty as a key? Currently we are getting reward for our faith in DGB, while others still mining DOGE. We are blessed minority. 1000 = $0.8? Stop this shit, I'll never accept this price.
dude it's my price, my business and i do whatever i want?! do you live at same planet as me?
dont you trut my business? i can give you a full client support to rent my appartment and you could also give a refund if not. 1 year working with booking.com 8.6 score and my clients are fully happy with this! they come back every year!

Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: