Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:46:55 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 [515] 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3058427 times)
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 06:15:17 PM

Would anybody mind sharing the letter they send/sent to their reps about the NYDFC proposals? I'm not sure I could explain in adequate terms how some of the proposed regs are unenforceable or nonsensical for the crypto platform. I think I can handle the parts about information collecting well enough but not being a tech guy the nuts and bolts of it isn't my forte.

Haven't sent any letters as I don't live in the NY (or in the U.S.A for that matter) but this is quite a good article imo that you might want to add a link to in the letter:
http://moneyandstate.com/reflections-right-privacy-response-nydfs-bitcoin-proposal/
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 08:30:20 PM

Great news everyone!

We have finally got the multi-algo code functioning with the proper difficulty adjustments.  Our previous open test revealed several issues that we have now corrected. One of the issues was making the difficulty of two of the other algos match sha's difficulty. This was obviously an issue and it was not an issue easily revealed with in house testing. We needed to have that additional hash to show how the network would really respond. So thank you all for helping with that!

We are now testing some more tweaks to optimize the DigiShield performance so there is no chance of a sluggish blockchain like we are seeing now. We are also considering testing a couple other algorithms which we think will be more energy efficient for everyone's GPU's. We will make 100% sure everything works before releasing the update.

Right now our goal is to finalize/release the update by Wednesday. Thank you for your patience!

DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 09:38:41 PM

Would anybody mind sharing the letter they send/sent to their reps about the NYDFC proposals? I'm not sure I could explain in adequate terms how some of the proposed regs are unenforceable or nonsensical for the crypto platform. I think I can handle the parts about information collecting well enough but not being a tech guy the nuts and bolts of it isn't my forte.

Haven't sent any letters as I don't live in the NY (or in the U.S.A for that matter) but this is quite a good article imo that you might want to add a link to in the letter:
http://moneyandstate.com/reflections-right-privacy-response-nydfs-bitcoin-proposal/
Great article, thanks for sharing!

DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 09:42:27 PM

To all DigiByte users, make sure to withdraw all DGB from @AustinGlobalX before they close on July 31st:  https://agx.io/

Kayahoga

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 01:24:45 AM

Wahoo, great job!  What are you considering for the other algorithms?  I thought Groestl was the most energy efficient.  Would they be a replacement of one of the existing algorithms or would they be in addition to?
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 03:34:56 AM

good coin with bad price heh

yolo
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:49:10 AM

Good price to secure yourself a nice position, a million coins can be worth a lot in the future.
Gunther
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 10:37:54 AM

If only we'd be on Bittrex... Mintpal's volume is going down hard.
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 10:39:35 AM

this is the price to purchase some coin as the market is low but when the price will rise no chance of buying then.
istvandv

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 11:38:33 AM

Just wanted to give everyone an update. The testing has went somewhat decently but it has revealed a few issues we need to address. We are working on ironing the kinks out as we speak.

The biggest problem we have ran into has actually been with the mining pool itself. Setting up all 5 mining algorithms on one mining pool as proved a bit ambitious. To date there are no mining pools out there that have been able to achieve that with NOMP. Stay tuned for more updates! We are working hard and want to make sure there are no issues when we roll out this update! Thanks for all your support and help with testing!

check out sprite160's NOMP pool
it supports scrypt, groest, x11, and scrypt-n

http://www.diggerpool.com/

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
DeepOnion 
★ ★ ★ ★ ★   ❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 01:01:38 PM

Just wanted to give everyone an update. The testing has went somewhat decently but it has revealed a few issues we need to address. We are working on ironing the kinks out as we speak.

The biggest problem we have ran into has actually been with the mining pool itself. Setting up all 5 mining algorithms on one mining pool as proved a bit ambitious. To date there are no mining pools out there that have been able to achieve that with NOMP. Stay tuned for more updates! We are working hard and want to make sure there are no issues when we roll out this update! Thanks for all your support and help with testing!

check out sprite160's NOMP pool
it supports scrypt, groest, x11, and scrypt-n

http://www.diggerpool.com/

Are you saying you will be adding DigiByte to this pool?

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 01:33:41 PM

Has anyone noticed how stable the price of DGB has been relative to the vast majority of alt-coins since March? Excluding the outlier spikes, the 30+ range has held steady. LTC has lost half its value in that same time frame. DOGE has lost around 75%. MYR has lost over 80%. VTC has lost close to 90%. And the list goes on and on.

DGB has held its own in spite of technical issues and its relatively long reaction time to the ASIC menace. Why is that? Why has the open market continued to support DGB in spite of its difficulties while it has punished the vast majority of other alt-coins?

I would suggest that a very important factor is Jared himself. Not so much that he is a genius or anything like that, but rather that we have a real flesh and bones person behind the coin and not some unknown, God only knows who, person lurking behind an “anonymous” internet nick. He seems to be a hard worker, he’s focused, he’s seemingly professional (at least all his communications are very ‘corporate world correct’), and he seems to know what he’s doing. The jury is still out on definitive statements and only time will tell, but what we can indeed definitively say is that WE KNOW WHO HE IS.

That’s transparency working in DGB’s favor and it’s the main reason why investors continue to support DGB . . . if you ask me. I’m convinced that if DGB didn’t have a public face, it wouldn’t have been spared the carnage of recent months. Think about it. Sound reasonable to you?

If that sounds reasonable then why not embrace transparency wholeheartedly? “Investors” demand transparency. Nobody invests their money where they don’t have clear and legally binding paper trails. Nobody except criminals that is. Anonymity only benefits criminals. Unless you’re a money launder or an online crack dealer, anonymity does nothing for you other than damage the long term prospects for you investment. Legit, law abiding citizens make up 99.9% of modern society – if you want to take your coin (i.e. investment) mainstream, it goes without saying that you need to respond to the needs and demands of the mainstream. It’s a no-brainer.

Embrace transparency and you lock in a guaranteed winner. Insist on anonymity and you automatically condemn yourself to a minority ‘niche’ market that will only lead you to eventual ruin (in more ways than one).

Think about it.

Full Disclosure: that same long term background just mentioned above in conjunction with recent positive developments regarding the algo change has given me reason to re-establish a mid-sized position in DGB.

ycagel

Activity: 924

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 02:29:19 PM

HR,
 This is the main reason we believe DGB is a winner. Jared from the beginning has underpromised and overdelivered. He continues to listen to the feedback of the community and sticks to the long term vision. No short cuts and make sure there are enough tests before going live. Can you imagine if we took the multi algo and went live without testing? It would have been a disaster.

The fact that we know what his background is and how his approach is methodical and there will be a real end user connection is enough to surpass 90% of all the other coins out there. I think we are going to look back at this thread and there are going to be some folks that missed the boat (investing) at how low the price is. It would also be interesting to do an audit to see the distribution of DGB based among all the wallet holders.

Really great insight and I couldn't agree with you more. Jared, you are doing fantastic and most importantly, I believe in you and am rooting for your success.

YC

Has anyone noticed how stable the price of DGB has been relative to the vast majority of alt-coins since March? Excluding the outlier spikes, the 30+ range has held steady. LTC has lost half its value in that same time frame. DOGE has lost around 75%. MYR has lost over 80%. VTC has lost close to 90%. And the list goes on and on.

DGB has held its own in spite of technical issues and its relatively long reaction time to the ASIC menace. Why is that? Why has the open market continued to support DGB in spite of its difficulties while it has punished the vast majority of other alt-coins?

I would suggest that a very important factor is Jared himself. Not so much that he is a genius or anything like that, but rather that we have a real flesh and bones person behind the coin and not some unknown, God only knows who, person lurking behind an “anonymous” internet nick. He seems to be a hard worker, he’s focused, he’s seemingly professional (at least all his communications are very ‘corporate world correct’), and he seems to know what he’s doing. The jury is still out on definitive statements and only time will tell, but what we can indeed definitively say is that WE KNOW WHO HE IS.

That’s transparency working in DGB’s favor and it’s the main reason why investors continue to support DGB . . . if you ask me. I’m convinced that if DGB didn’t have a public face, it wouldn’t have been spared the carnage of recent months. Think about it. Sound reasonable to you?

If that sounds reasonable then why not embrace transparency wholeheartedly? “Investors” demand transparency. Nobody invests their money where they don’t have clear and legally binding paper trails. Nobody except criminals that is. Anonymity only benefits criminals. Unless you’re a money launder or an online crack dealer, anonymity does nothing for you other than damage the long term prospects for you investment. Legit, law abiding citizens make up 99.9% of modern society – if you want to take your coin (i.e. investment) mainstream, it goes without saying that you need to respond to the needs and demands of the mainstream. It’s a no-brainer.

Embrace transparency and you lock in a guaranteed winner. Insist on anonymity and you automatically condemn yourself to a minority ‘niche’ market that will only lead you to eventual ruin (in more ways than one).

Think about it.

Full Disclosure: that same long term background just mentioned above in conjunction with recent positive developments regarding the algo change has given me reason to re-establish a mid-sized position in DGB.

piyany

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 02:37:10 PM

Think about it.

Stable in falling prices, last month was over 40, now around 32 satoshi.

Only reason it's not below 20 is that block confirmation time is broken. This means no real inflation.

Yes, support around 30 can hold it for a while. People buy because they expect a pump.

Please look at the facts and stop cheerleading Wink
CryptoLTD

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 02:46:33 PM

Think about it.

Only reason it's not below 20 is that block confirmation time is broken. This means no real inflation.

Yes, support around 30 can hold it for a while. People buy because they expect a pump.

Speaking of facts, then you should know it was 40,50,60,70 from a pump. Therefore not a 'fallen value', just a return to it.
ycagel

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 02:55:16 PM

No cheerleading on my end. All I am saying is from an investment standpoint I feel comfortable with the current situation. As always, with anything, there is room for improvement.

YC

Think about it.

HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 04:17:25 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2014, 04:27:51 PM by HR

No cheerleading here either.

Pop up the charts.

DGB - horizontal (with spike highs as I said in my original post - pump and return to value like CryptoLTD said) from where it was trading March EOM

Do the same with the others I mentioned. Trend = price moving from upper left of the chart to the lower right.

Do the same with the coin of your choice and let me know how many you can find that are sideways (horizontal). I'd love to know.

Dealing with objective data, not subjective opinions and feelings.

ycagel

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 07:43:37 PM

HR,
 Are you a miner? What do you believe will be the impact of the multi algo on DGB?

YC

No cheerleading here either.

Pop up the charts.

DGB - horizontal (with spike highs as I said in my original post - pump and return to value like CryptoLTD said) from where it was trading March EOM

Do the same with the others I mentioned. Trend = price moving from upper left of the chart to the lower right.

Do the same with the coin of your choice and let me know how many you can find that are sideways (horizontal). I'd love to know.

Dealing with objective data, not subjective opinions and feelings.

ycagel

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 11:35:06 PM

Are people concerned about trading DGB at Mintpal due to the security issues? Are you suggesting more volume would be trading if there were no issues?

YC

that is because BITTREX holding all the volume Cheesy and people moving to other exchanges... We have to get DGB on POLO and BITTREX ASAP.
haggis

Activity: 984

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 12:26:14 AM

Are people concerned about trading DGB at Mintpal due to the security issues? Are you suggesting more volume would be trading if there were no issues?

YC

that is because BITTREX holding all the volume Cheesy and people moving to other exchanges... We have to get DGB on POLO and BITTREX ASAP.
Overall volume at MP is decreasing. Guess MP isn't enough hip anymore as all 24/7 traders are going to bittrex which is adding new coins very quickly (too quick for my taste - every scamcoin)
Pages: « 1 ... 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 [515] 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: