Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:53:48 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 [519] 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3058427 times)
benjamoyne

Activity: 274
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 06:37:56 AM

Have you seen this? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=652849.0 I'm getting a clear double the hashrate for only 28% more electricity cost on my 7950's.

Oh, and, how about that aidbit wallet? Have you taken a look at that?

I saw that special miner awhile ago but I haven't looked at exactly what it does.  I use 14.6 drivers on my 280x rigs so I wasn't too excited about going back to 13.12 just for the one coin when I was mining x11 so much due to heat profitability of X11.  Why does that miner only work for certain pools, I never got that, is it because Groestl uses a different stratum?  I remember Danbi working on it quite a bit when Diamond switched algos.  So the big question is, with all the speed improvements that this special miner has, will it work with the digibyte pool?

I haven't looked at the aidbit wallet yet other than read the description of what it does, hopefully ill have time this weekend to download the wallet and play with it.  Sounds like it has a lot of features I was thinking of.

You've got the switches for all three of the groestl flavors: groestlcoin, myriadcoin-groestl, and diamond (but I don't see the diamond files in the github zip . . . the first two are the most interesting anyway). I highly recommend it. Just be prepared to rollback just in case - but I'd take a look at how things go with the 14.6 drivers first anyway. It's a standalone, alongside install . . .

Hey, that wallet is cutting edge. Check it out. It really is a one click install and one click miner. I had a free moment this afternoon to take a quick look, and all I can say is: Impressive.

Wow, the aidbit wallet was one of the simplest ways to get mining ever.

Download, install, I started mining while the wallet was still syncing. Not one issue.

We need something like this for sure!
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 12:26:02 PM

To update everyone on multi-algo:

We have the myriad 5 algo implementation working as expected but we are trying to improve that implementation even more by using other algos with better mining performance for GPU users. Will keep you all posted.

Does this mean there will be more than 5 algos or will one of the new algos replace one of the 5?
We will keep with the 5 algo approach but we may switch out some one the algos for new ones. We are testing that as we speak.

Please tell me that Skein might be one of the possibilities, or SHA-256, or Scrypt, but not groestl. Tell us that groestl is untouchable, Please.  Wink

Out of curiosity, do you have an formal, or informal, ranking?

Any sneak peek?

SHA-256 or Scrypt would not be removed.....at least it would be a terrible idea to do so.

+1 Agreed as I'm waiting to throw 104GH/s of SHA and 20 MH/s of SCRYPT on line as soon as it goes live...

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 06:29:48 PM

Have you seen this? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=652849.0 I'm getting a clear double the hashrate for only 28% more electricity cost on my 7950's.

Oh, and, how about that aidbit wallet? Have you taken a look at that?

I saw that special miner awhile ago but I haven't looked at exactly what it does.  I use 14.6 drivers on my 280x rigs so I wasn't too excited about going back to 13.12 just for the one coin when I was mining x11 so much due to heat profitability of X11.  Why does that miner only work for certain pools, I never got that, is it because Groestl uses a different stratum?  I remember Danbi working on it quite a bit when Diamond switched algos.  So the big question is, with all the speed improvements that this special miner has, will it work with the digibyte pool?

I haven't looked at the aidbit wallet yet other than read the description of what it does, hopefully ill have time this weekend to download the wallet and play with it.  Sounds like it has a lot of features I was thinking of.

You've got the switches for all three of the groestl flavors: groestlcoin, myriadcoin-groestl, and diamond (but I don't see the diamond files in the github zip . . . the first two are the most interesting anyway). I highly recommend it. Just be prepared to rollback just in case - but I'd take a look at how things go with the 14.6 drivers first anyway. It's a standalone, alongside install . . .

Hey, that wallet is cutting edge. Check it out. It really is a one click install and one click miner. I had a free moment this afternoon to take a quick look, and all I can say is: Impressive.

Wow, the aidbit wallet was one of the simplest ways to get mining ever.

Download, install, I started mining while the wallet was still syncing. Not one issue.

We need something like this for sure!

We will check into this. Thank you for sharing!

Kayahoga

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 06:40:00 PM

Since there will be a replacement for the algos, do we have a new estimated launch date?  I was just curious if we should expect to be ready today or next week sometime or what.

/waiting with great anticipation. 
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 06:42:51 PM

Since there will be a replacement for the algos, do we have a new estimated launch date?  I was just curious if we should expect to be ready today or next week sometime or what.

/waiting with great anticipation. 
We wont have it ready today, we are working hard to get it done as quickly as possible. We also have been working hard on some new developments this week that we cannot release the details of yet. Smiley

Kayahoga

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 06:46:03 PM

Thanks for the updates, much appreciated!
cad_cdn

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 06:48:40 PM

That was all the coins i had, all were mined at launch, and for a little while after launch.
I would occasionally open the client to update the block chain.

wallet is up to date.
I didn't send them anywhere. I just mined them.

I mined these myself at launch, and then archived the wallet after that.
I then periodically sync, but this particular case, the sync was not done for a while.
Once I updated the client, my coins vanished.

Have you tried re-indexing the wallet? Or opening with the -rescan option?

You might even try deleting the blockchain folder and letting it re-download. Sometimes your local blockchain database can get corrupted.

http://altexplorer.net/address/DCjdizkQsj7mkcgvTA2WYKEkAm1huUs393

This shows there was 1 transaction in and 1 transaction out. Was that the address you sent the coins to originally?

cad_cdn, Had you ever had any other coins in your wallet, ever sent or recieved coins, or were those mined coins the only coins you ever had in your wallet?

thefrog

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 08:43:20 PM

http://ca.p2pool.sk:9022/static/
p2pool node with 1% fee

I just updated to latest digibyted from git
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 09:18:06 PM

That was all the coins i had, all were mined at launch, and for a little while after launch.

I'm not sure how much help I'm offering with these questions, but for what it's worth, my next question would be regarding dates. Do you remember more or less the dates you mined the coins? Do you remember more or less the dates for the last time you saw the coins in your wallet? And the date you first noticed they were gone?

You know, when going back and looking at your original post, that sure looks like a send coins to me. This is very weird since it was broken into hundreds of random amounts that all went to the same destination address, and all in the same transaction (from the looks of things). The date of your send coins in your original post is not the same date as the recorded transaction date either. Very strange. The more data you can provide, the better.

Also, DigiByte asked what mining pool you were using at the time you were mining since he's thinking you were on a fork. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=408268.msg7992363;topicseen#msg7992363

But if that were the case, then how did they eventually get sent to another address, and then spent another month and a half later from that address? As I said, this is very strange. I'm wondering if your computer was compromised and the coins stolen . . .

The_Cashier

Activity: 335

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:38:33 AM

Better rewards
Coins deposited directly in your wallet
DDoS resistant
Up 24h/24h
No registration needed, just a DigiByte address as username
If node is down, you don't lose your DigiByte, your work is saved on network.

JOIN US TO MINE
thefrog

Activity: 393

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 06:48:46 AM

I'm not sure how much help I'm offering with these questions, but for what it's worth, my next question would be regarding dates. Do you remember more or less the dates you mined the coins? Do you remember more or less the dates for the last time you saw the coins in your wallet? And the date you first noticed they were gone?

You know, when going back and looking at your original post, that sure looks like a send coins to me. This is very weird since it was broken into hundreds of random amounts that all went to the same destination address, and all in the same transaction (from the looks of things). The date of your send coins in your original post is not the same date as the recorded transaction date either. Very strange. The more data you can provide, the better.

Also, DigiByte asked what mining pool you were using at the time you were mining since he's thinking you were on a fork. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=408268.msg7992363;topicseen#msg7992363

But if that were the case, then how did they eventually get sent to another address, and then spent another month and a half later from that address? As I said, this is very strange. I'm wondering if your computer was compromised and the coins stolen . . .

Are you sure you don't have a virus/trojan on your machine ?
A friend of mine lost his 1100 LTC like this, due to a trojan that targets wallet.dat files.
Can be that someone took the idea/code and re-wrote it for DGB wallets.
Just a hint. - http://www.coindesk.com/litecoin-targeted-by-trojan-malware/ -
cad_cdn

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 12:52:38 PM

I don't have dates handy sorry. I mined at launch and for a short while afterwards.
Then each week or so, I would download the updated blockchain.

I missed downloading the blockchain for a while, so my last sync (which was my post date, 2 days ago I believe) was when I got the nice surprise of my wallet being emptied.

halinyo
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

The future is bright with DigiByte.

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 03:28:20 PM

Gents, a question... First off all, I think the price of the coin is very undervalued...
However, when we have multiple mining on the go, this will even create more DGB coins...

Don't you think this will drive the price even further down due to high inflation ? Thank you.
the_game1224

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 03:38:14 PM

Gents, a question... First off all, I think the price of the coin is very undervalued...
However, when we have multiple mining on the go, this will even create more DGB coins...

Don't you think this will drive the price even further down due to high inflation ? Thank you.

Actually the block rewards are the same if I am not mistaken
Kayahoga

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 03:41:53 PM

It is my understanding as well that the block reward will stay the same.
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:14:11 PM

The percentage payouts per MH/s are very different depending independently on each algo's hashrate and resulting difficulty. This leaves the SHA and scrypt miners at a distinct disadvantage to begin with (you lose money mining with SHA even with ASIC, and while you lose money mining scrypt with GPU, you can *still* make money using ASIC), but I would still prefer modified payouts as well. Difficulties seem to be joined at the hip. It's roughly a .0349:1 ratio per MH/s regardless of the algo (which means that the same difficulty is applied to to each individual algo given its hashrate at the time).

Here's a little study I did on MYR:

Do you really think so? Where are you getting your data? Blocks are being mined at an equal rate (more or less) regardless of the algo being used.  http://myriad.theblockexplorer.com  And the block reward is the same.

Yes I have used this page. On that page you have an information how many coins you are getting per unified MH unit.

340 MYR / MH day by Sricpt
2805 MYR / MH day by Skein

Of course this data fluctuates with every block a bit.

My SKEIN GPU rig has power usage 300 W / 1 MH = 2805/300 = 9,35 MYR / W
My SCRIPT ZEUS Blizzard miner has 38 W / 1 MH = 340/38 = 8,94 MYR / W

Okay, I’ve been going over the numbers, and your numbers are looking better and better, but . . .

Should it be the case that you are correct, the ASIC issue would be mute since effective reward adjustment would  be already happening on an individual miner, per MH/s, basis.

Looking at things from the total number of coins mined and their distribution to individual miners on a 1 MH/s basis, we move in your direction, but are unable to arrive at a similar conclusion with respect to Scrypt (on the other hand, the numbers suggest that SHA-256 should be effectively neutralized).

I’m going to use the numbers taken from the following snapshot.

Let’s divide the 120,000 coins mined each hour by the 5 algos doing the mining.

That leaves us with 24,000 coins, per hour, for each algo.

If we then divide those 24,000 coins by the respective algo hashrates, we come up with the following results:

Scrypt = 14.916096 coins per hour per MH/s   
SHA-256 = .0011722 coins per hour per MH/s
Groestl = 2.2573363 coins per hour per MH/s
Skein = .3992414 coins per hour per MH/s
Qubit = 8.4299262 coins per hour per MH/s

That’s simply dividing the reward by the collective hashrates. The per hour, per MH/s distribution is what it is.

Same machine DAILY results would be roughly the following:

Scrypt = 357.9863 coins @ 1 MH/s   
SHA-256 = 28.1328 coins @ 1 GH/s   
Groestl = 920.9932 coins @ 17 MH/s   
Skein = 1197.7242 coins @ 120 MH/s   
Qubit = 1143.0979 coins @ 5.65 MH/s   

That’s how the global numbers are divvyed up (give or take a few KH/s).

Why would the SHA-256 settle for so little? Do they really have much choice? Anywhere else to go? . . . instead of turning their ASICs into very expensive paperweights . . .

By these numbers, Scrypt ASIC is still hauling them in (on a relative basis) and have a long way to go before falling below breakeven (when using the 7 watt gridseed as electricity cost basis, even more so).

So, is this issue a non-issue with respect to SHA-256? Or still an issue since they are so desperate as to keep mining when it’s a losing proposition and throwing good money after bad?

These numbers suggest to me that the Scrypt ASIC continues to be an issue - until their numbers grow sufficiently so as to reduce their per MH/s rewards below profitability. Just where that equilibrium lay is still an unknown, but we can be quite sure it’s at some lower price rather than a higher price . . . as long as ASIC is part of the picture (unless their numbers and crowd herding gets as crazy as the SHA-256 crowd).

BTW, what are the components of your SKEIN GPU rig?

haggis

Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 10:17:22 PM

Didn't hear anything about the negotiations with the brick&mortar stores. Did you make any progress there or is this on standby until you fixed the flaws, Jared?
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 12:06:11 AM

Didn't hear anything about the negotiations with the brick&mortar stores. Did you make any progress there or is this on standby until you fixed the flaws, Jared?
A lot of this is occurring in the background as we speak. Do to NDA's etc we cannot give any more details until we are ready to publicly release the information. Good things lay ahead. Smiley

Our primary focus right now getting the multi-algo update out. We have now successfully compiled different algos and we are in the process of testing them.

What do you all think about these five algos as a unique DigiByte combo?

1) Sha256
2) Scrypt
3) Skein (2nd runner up NIST competition)
4) Keccack (considered to be the most secure algo after winning NIST competition as SHA-3 finalsit)
5) x11 (Miners seem to really love it)

Which five algos would you like to see?

After making sure the Myriad set up worked for DigiByte we decided it would be best if we did something unqie if possible. What are all your thoughts?

There have been some very good suggestions on here recently. Thank you all for contributing!

DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 12:08:14 AM

This is great information! Thank you for sharing!

The percentage payouts per MH/s are very different depending independently on each algo's hashrate and resulting difficulty. This leaves the SHA and scrypt miners at a distinct disadvantage to begin with (you lose money mining with SHA even with ASIC, and while you lose money mining scrypt with GPU, you can *still* make money using ASIC), but I would still prefer modified payouts as well. Difficulties seem to be joined at the hip. It's roughly a .0349:1 ratio per MH/s regardless of the algo (which means that the same difficulty is applied to to each individual algo given its hashrate at the time).

Here's a little study I did on MYR:

Do you really think so? Where are you getting your data? Blocks are being mined at an equal rate (more or less) regardless of the algo being used.  http://myriad.theblockexplorer.com  And the block reward is the same.

Yes I have used this page. On that page you have an information how many coins you are getting per unified MH unit.

340 MYR / MH day by Sricpt
2805 MYR / MH day by Skein

Of course this data fluctuates with every block a bit.

My SKEIN GPU rig has power usage 300 W / 1 MH = 2805/300 = 9,35 MYR / W
My SCRIPT ZEUS Blizzard miner has 38 W / 1 MH = 340/38 = 8,94 MYR / W

Okay, I’ve been going over the numbers, and your numbers are looking better and better, but . . .

Should it be the case that you are correct, the ASIC issue would be mute since effective reward adjustment would  be already happening on an individual miner, per MH/s, basis.

Looking at things from the total number of coins mined and their distribution to individual miners on a 1 MH/s basis, we move in your direction, but are unable to arrive at a similar conclusion with respect to Scrypt (on the other hand, the numbers suggest that SHA-256 should be effectively neutralized).

I’m going to use the numbers taken from the following snapshot.

Let’s divide the 120,000 coins mined each hour by the 5 algos doing the mining.

That leaves us with 24,000 coins, per hour, for each algo.

If we then divide those 24,000 coins by the respective algo hashrates, we come up with the following results:

Scrypt = 14.916096 coins per hour per MH/s   
SHA-256 = .0011722 coins per hour per MH/s
Groestl = 2.2573363 coins per hour per MH/s
Skein = .3992414 coins per hour per MH/s
Qubit = 8.4299262 coins per hour per MH/s

That’s simply dividing the reward by the collective hashrates. The per hour, per MH/s distribution is what it is.

Same machine DAILY results would be roughly the following:

Scrypt = 357.9863 coins @ 1 MH/s   
SHA-256 = 28.1328 coins @ 1 GH/s   
Groestl = 920.9932 coins @ 17 MH/s   
Skein = 1197.7242 coins @ 120 MH/s   
Qubit = 1143.0979 coins @ 5.65 MH/s   

That’s how the global numbers are divvyed up (give or take a few KH/s).

Why would the SHA-256 settle for so little? Do they really have much choice? Anywhere else to go? . . . instead of turning their ASICs into very expensive paperweights . . .

By these numbers, Scrypt ASIC is still hauling them in (on a relative basis) and have a long way to go before falling below breakeven (when using the 7 watt gridseed as electricity cost basis, even more so).

So, is this issue a non-issue with respect to SHA-256? Or still an issue since they are so desperate as to keep mining when it’s a losing proposition and throwing good money after bad?

These numbers suggest to me that the Scrypt ASIC continues to be an issue - until their numbers grow sufficiently so as to reduce their per MH/s rewards below profitability. Just where that equilibrium lay is still an unknown, but we can be quite sure it’s at some lower price rather than a higher price . . . as long as ASIC is part of the picture (unless their numbers and crowd herding gets as crazy as the SHA-256 crowd).

BTW, what are the components of your SKEIN GPU rig?

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 09:05:33 AM

A lot of this is occurring in the background as we speak. Do to NDA's etc we cannot give any more details until we are ready to publicly release the information. Good things lay ahead. Smiley

Our primary focus right now getting the multi-algo update out. We have now successfully compiled different algos and we are in the process of testing them.

What do you all think about these five algos as a unique DigiByte combo?

1) Sha256
2) Scrypt
3) Skein (2nd runner up NIST competition)
4) Keccack (considered to be the most secure algo after winning NIST competition as SHA-3 finalsit)
5) x11 (Miners seem to really love it)

Which five algos would you like to see?

After making sure the Myriad set up worked for DigiByte we decided it would be best if we did something unqie if possible. What are all your thoughts?

There have been some very good suggestions on here recently. Thank you all for contributing!

You know I like Groestl, so I won't bore you with tirades and exclamation marks. I believe that Groestl should be included for a multitude of reasons, but I'll limit this post to just mentioning my most important argument here and leave it to the rest of the community of Groestl believers to add to the list.

If you leave Groestl out of the 5 algo mix, you'd be shunning the energy efficient GPU miners. One of the strongest arguments for the 5 algo mix is to include everybody, to make the coin a home for all miners, and hopefully on the most equitable basis possible. By leaving out groestl, you'd be leaving out the best of the energy efficient GPU algos.

Qubit is the most efficient CPU algo, but I promised to limit this to one. Wink

x11 = total crap (sorry, but I couldn't resist)

All IMVHO of course.

Pages: « 1 ... 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 [519] 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: