Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 04:49:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 [626] 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3058436 times)
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 12:26:26 PM

News from Bill Gates:

Bill Gates: Bitcoin Highlights the Utility of Digital Money
Pete Rizzo (@pete_rizzo_) | Published on October 2, 2014 at 23:03 BST

During an interview on Bloomberg TV‘s “Street Smart” today, Bill Gates responded to new questions about bitcoin and its potential to bring innovation to the payments industry.

The technology advisor at Microsoft, founder of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and recently crowned richest man in the world, in turn, provided short and somewhat muddled responses, though Gates addressed bitcoin more specifically than he has in the past.

Calling bitcoin “exciting” because of its ability to provide a relatively low-cost transaction network, Gates told Bloomberg:

“Bitcoin is better than currency in that you don’t have to be physically in the same place, and of course for large transactions currency can get pretty inconvenient.”

However, while seemingly positive, Gates went on to suggest that though he believes the world needs lower-cost payments solutions, bitcoin is perhaps not the best example of how the market should look to provide this solution.

Gates suggested that bitcoin may not appeal to the mass market due to its relative anonymity, as well as its associations with terrorism and money laundering.

He added:

“The customers we’re talking about aren’t trying to be anonymous, they’re willing to be known, so bitcoin technology is key and you can add to it or you could build a similar technology where there’s enough attribution where people feel comfortable that this is nothing to do with terrorism or any type of money laundering.”

The interview took place at Sibos 2014, a banking and financial conference held in Boston, where Gates also addressed the challenges facing the financial industry and the underbanked.

Notably, the first day of the event was dedicated in part to highlighting developments in the digital currency industry, with representatives from Circle, Ethereum and Ripple Labs.

Evolution in thought

Though brief, the statements mark an evolution in Gates’ public statements on bitcoin.

This February, the noted technologist and philanthropist participated in an Ask Me Anything on the social network Reddit where he was asked for his thoughts on bitcoin by multiple users.

At the time, Gates largely sidestepped the issue, choosing instead to focus his praise on digital money networks like Kenya’s centralized mobile service, M-Pesa.

Gates addressed bitcoin only once, saying:

“The foundation is involved in digital money, but unlike bitcoin it would not be anonymous digital money.”

Source: http://www.coindesk.com/bill-gates-bitcoin-highlights-utility-digital-money/
This is great for all of us! Thank you for posting YC.

24hralttrade

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Community Liaison,How can i help you?

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 12:33:29 PM

News from Bill Gates:

During an interview on Bloomberg TV‘s “Street Smart” today, Bill Gates responded to new questions about bitcoin and its potential to bring innovation to the payments industry.

The technology advisor at Microsoft, founder of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and recently crowned richest man in the world, in turn, provided short and somewhat muddled responses, though Gates addressed bitcoin more specifically than he has in the past.

Calling bitcoin “exciting” because of its ability to provide a relatively low-cost transaction network, Gates told Bloomberg:

“Bitcoin is better than currency in that you don’t have to be physically in the same place, and of course for large transactions currency can get pretty inconvenient.”

However, while seemingly positive, Gates went on to suggest that though he believes the world needs lower-cost payments solutions, bitcoin is perhaps not the best example of how the market should look to provide this solution.

Gates suggested that bitcoin may not appeal to the mass market due to its relative anonymity, as well as its associations with terrorism and money laundering.

He added:

“The customers we’re talking about aren’t trying to be anonymous, they’re willing to be known, so bitcoin technology is key and you can add to it or you could build a similar technology where there’s enough attribution where people feel comfortable that this is nothing to do with terrorism or any type of money laundering.”

The interview took place at Sibos 2014, a banking and financial conference held in Boston, where Gates also addressed the challenges facing the financial industry and the underbanked.

Notably, the first day of the event was dedicated in part to highlighting developments in the digital currency industry, with representatives from Circle, Ethereum and Ripple Labs.

Evolution in thought

Though brief, the statements mark an evolution in Gates’ public statements on bitcoin.

This February, the noted technologist and philanthropist participated in an Ask Me Anything on the social network Reddit where he was asked for his thoughts on bitcoin by multiple users.

At the time, Gates largely sidestepped the issue, choosing instead to focus his praise on digital money networks like Kenya’s centralized mobile service, M-Pesa.

Gates addressed bitcoin only once, saying:

“The foundation is involved in digital money, but unlike bitcoin it would not be anonymous digital money.”

Source: http://www.coindesk.com/bill-gates-bitcoin-highlights-utility-digital-money/

http://www.bloomberg.com/video/bill-gates-bitcoin-is-exciting-because-it-s-cheap-dQ4qHV4~TLSnUIuIRfZBVA.html

The Gates are open! Grin

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 12:41:20 PM

News from Bill Gates:

That's the key. I've been saying it for a long time now. People want accountability when it comes to dealing with their money - they want 'receipts' with their names on them - and, if you're going to attempt to offer them an "alternative", it has got to conform to what they expect for their "money".

suchPotato

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 12:48:50 PM

News from Bill Gates:

That's the key. I've been saying it for a long time now. People want accountability when it comes to dealing with their money - they want 'receipts' with their names on them - and, if you're going to attempt to offer them an "alternative", it has got to conform to what they expect for their "money".

Unfortunately money laundring is much easier with BTC or any other coin than with conventional means.

I'll make the opposite case however: in traditinal money transfer systems you have much more privacy than with BTC. J.P Morgan's hack is all about this actually, private data was stolen, but with btc private data is already out there for everyone to see, unless you intentionally use some obfuscation techniques. It's even worse when you consider we're dealing with cash, that could be stolen in more ways than one.

Must say I don't put privacy on my top priority list, but I do thing anonymity's better than promiscuity. Unfortunately people tend to associate nonymity wth crime (although it's neither necessary nor indicator thereof). Try keeping 100k dollars at home and tell people around about it, and you'll get robbed in no time, crypto's no different, unfortunately.

peligro

Activity: 593

1NoBanksLuJPXf8Sc831fPqjrRpkQPKkEA

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 02:10:44 PM

Sometimes I wonder if I'm a complete idiot (of course, I always doubt myself first as the first course of action).

Am I missing something here?

Why would anyone even mention, much less consider, merge mining when DigiByte has the consistently strong and stable network hashrate and profitability that it has got?

Because its stuck and going nowhere. Only a few with big miners are sucking all and dumping. Merge mining will spread it out and may result in less selling. More the distribution better is it for any coin.
sucksyd

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 02:18:52 PM

News from Bill Gates:

Unfortunately money laundring is much easier with BTC or any other coin than with conventional means.

I'll make the opposite case however: in traditinal money transfer systems you have much more privacy than with BTC. J.P Morgan's hack is all about this actually, private data was stolen, but with btc private data is already out there for everyone to see, unless you intentionally use some obfuscation techniques. It's even worse when you consider we're dealing with cash, that could be stolen in more ways than one.

Must say I don't put privacy on my top priority list, but I do thing anonymity's better than promiscuity. Unfortunately people tend to associate nonymity wth crime (although it's neither necessary nor indicator thereof). Try keeping 100k dollars at home and tell people around about it, and you'll get robbed in no time, crypto's no different, unfortunately.

the price reflects everything .all you guys always claim you are the believers of DGB but no one wants to trade trash .if you can uplift the price in the market,you have priority to say this coin has future .at least once pump can prove something but there nothing but dumps.so zio your lips to give DGB the hyme .i am begging.this coin has poisoned many believers among those exchanges.
ycagel

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 02:23:06 PM

Exactly. All I am saying is how can we take feedback like this and address it with DGB. Obviously, we are not using anonymity, but any further enhancements could bode well when DGB picks up a lot of commercial adoption.

YC

News from Bill Gates:

suchPotato

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 02:38:22 PM

That's a serious question. The common people are still so unaware that they consider bitcoin "the mysterious new thing" and can't eeven fathom the existence of "altcoins".

If dgb wants to shine as b2b coin (sector where bitcoin has yet to appear) I don't think we should point "what we provide more than the other cons" but what we provide that could push enterprises to use it.

However, as the ,enemy ,of ,punctuation troll mentioned, we really need to get things together, with current market capital and trading volume it's simply unthinkable to perform large transactions.

Exactly. All I am saying is how can we take feedback like this and address it with DGB. Obviously, we are not using anonymity, but any further enhancements could bode well when DGB picks up a lot of commercial adoption.

YC

News from Bill Gates:

DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 03:23:45 PM

Hi Digibyte community!

I have been interested in Digibyte for a number of weeks now and see you have a dedicated team behind the scenes and a great little positive community that I just had to jump on-board!

I was wondering Digibyte, your future targets up until New Year, the price you believe is possible by New Year and the future objectives at the start of 2015!

I look forward to hearing from you!

To Mars Digibyte! No time for the moon!
Welcome to the DigiByte community!

We are working very hard on several things as we speak. We currently working to bring several new members of the DigiByte team up to speak. Including some very talented & experienced programmers.

As for the price, we have given up on making predictions. We are focusing on building a very solid, reliable base to build the future of DigiByte upon! We have a very good feeling about where DigiByte is headed over the next six months! Smiley

DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 03:25:55 PM

That's a serious question. The common people are still so unaware that they consider bitcoin "the mysterious new thing" and can't eeven fathom the existence of "altcoins".

If dgb wants to shine as b2b coin (sector where bitcoin has yet to appear) I don't think we should point "what we provide more than the other cons" but what we provide that could push enterprises to use it.

However, as the ,enemy ,of ,punctuation troll mentioned, we really need to get things together, with current market capital and trading volume it's simply unthinkable to perform large transactions.

YC

News from Bill Gates:

This is some great feedback! We agree we need to improve volume, liquidity & to carve out a market sector of our own. This is at the for front of what we are working toward right now. There are some very exciting things happening in the background as we speak to help make these things happen! Smiley

King117

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 04:38:57 PM

Hi Digibyte community!

I have been interested in Digibyte for a number of weeks now and see you have a dedicated team behind the scenes and a great little positive community that I just had to jump on-board!

I was wondering Digibyte, your future targets up until New Year, the price you believe is possible by New Year and the future objectives at the start of 2015!

I look forward to hearing from you!

To Mars Digibyte! No time for the moon!
Welcome to the DigiByte community!

We are working very hard on several things as we speak. We currently working to bring several new members of the DigiByte team up to speak. Including some very talented & experienced programmers.

As for the price, we have given up on making predictions. We are focusing on building a very solid, reliable base to build the future of DigiByte upon! We have a very good feeling about where DigiByte is headed over the next six months! Smiley

Great to hear DGB! To be honest, I have put my money into quite a few coins over the last year and it's nice to hear someone from the top focused on the job rather than just concentrating on the price! Looking forward to seeing the development of Digibyte this year and 2015!

Can't wait for the future Digitopia!
ycagel

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 06:32:37 PM

Digibyte doesn't need to compare at all to other coins. Since the mainstream is looking at BTC because it was the 1st (not necessarily the best), we should take the lessons from that and fill those gaps with DGB before it hits commercial adoption. Looks like a more well thought out alternative if that makes sense.

YC

YC

News from Bill Gates:

ycagel

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 07:58:02 PM

Check this out:

Bitcoin Could Transform Internet of Things into Vast Data Marketplace
Joon Ian Wong (@joonian) | Published on October 3, 2014 at 16:31 BST

As sportswear giant Nike expands its wearable technology applications, it will need more data to feed its gadgets and software.

To do that will be a simple matter in the future. A Nike executive will simply pull up a list of sensors operated by a private weather station, selecting the ones from which she would like to buy data.

With a click, the executive will pay individual sensors – perhaps thermostats mounted in a Central Park pathway particularly favoured by joggers – for their data, using bitcoin.

The weather sensors will be just one part of a future market filled with data collected by machines on the ‘Internet of Things’. The only difference would be that humans will now be able to pay the machines directly for their work, in bitcoin.

Turning sensors into data-hawkers

That’s the scenario described in a new paper by two researchers in Switzerland, titled, When Your Sensor Earns Money: Exchanging Data for Cash with Bitcoin. The paper was presented at UbiComp, an annual conference on ‘ubiquitous and pervasive’ computing organised by the Association for Computing Machinery. The event was held in Seattle last month.

The paper sketches a theoretical framework for sensors to interact with the bitcoin block chain and to receive payments in exchange for their data. This would solve the current problem of growing but silo-ed sensor networks whose owners have no incentive to share their data, the paper says. The authors write:

“There is no way for third parties to leverage today’s sensor deployments considerably. [...] Attaching a bitcoin address to a sensor could empower the sensor immediately to take part in a worldwide data market.”

The paper’s authors are Dominic Wörner and Thomas von Bomhard, researchers at the Bosch Internet of Things and Services Lab at the University of St. Gallen.

Helping sensors get paid

The authors describe a framework consisting of software for the sensor and the human data customer, the bitcoin network and a sensor repository that would list all sensors who wish to sell their data and their bitcoin wallet addresses.

A data buyer would check the sensor repository to browse the available data. Once a piece of data has been selected, she would send bitcoin to that sensor’s wallet.

When the sensor has received payment, it would send the data to the buyer over the bitcoin network using the OP_RETURN field. The data would be written to OP_RETURN and included in the block chain.

The authors say this is a framework for ‘sensing-as-a-service’, a play on the popular software-as-a-service model deployed by firms like Salesforce.com.

They point out that their current framework has several problems, including bloating the block chain with sold data and leaving the data open to free-riding because it’s publicly viewable on the block chain.

Still, they remain optimistic about the chances for a “world-wide data market”, concluding:

“We expect it is only a matter of time until machines not only exchange data but also money. This opens up a whole new dimension for ubiquitous computing.”

Bosch, an engineering and electronics conglomerate headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany,  is not the only corporation looking at bitcoin and the Internet of Things. Technology giant IBM revealed last month that it too is developing an open-source platform called Adept that will use block chain technology.

Source: http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-transform-internet-things-vast-data-marketplace/
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 09:28:07 PM

Sometimes I wonder if I'm a complete idiot (of course, I always doubt myself first as the first course of action).

Why would anyone even mention, much less consider, merge mining when DigiByte has the consistently strong and stable network hashrate and profitability that it has got?

Because its stuck and going nowhere. Only a few with big miners are sucking all and dumping. Merge mining will spread it out and may result in less selling. More the distribution better is it for any coin.

Very good point. Thank you.

YC

Yes, the more the transparency the better.

I like to say that my DGB is my DBG and I want my name on it! (A simple DGB address is not enough - I want my name next to my transactions in the block chain!)

Now you're talking! (That's rhetoric that's not meant to imply you haven't been doing that already.)

If you're doing the right things, the future (hint, price) will take care of itself.

ycagel

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 11:42:37 PM

BREAKING NEWS!

Look at this:

Ghash.io and Multipool.US are both mining DGB! Talk about Ghash.io, which is someone who controls so much hash and they are now investing in DGB. Definitely legitimizes us!

https://ghash.io - Look at the bottom!

YC
halinyo
Legendary

Activity: 1106

The future is bright with DigiByte.

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 12:29:02 AM
Last edit: October 04, 2014, 01:15:35 AM by halinyo

Very good point. Thank you.

YC

Yes, the more the transparency the better.

I like to say that my DGB is my DBG and I want my name on it! (A simple DGB address is not enough - I want my name next to my transactions in the block chain!)

Now you're talking! (That's rhetoric that's not meant to imply you haven't been doing that already.)

If you're doing the right things, the future (hint, price) will take care of itself.

Actually the person who wants to own DGB AND SPEND THEM must register on a website that is a government base website, once registration is done you can enter your UNIQUE ID (maybe a combination of important IDs of the person etc...), then you will be able to create a DGB ADDRESS and that address will be registered on your name.

I think this way, we can publicly show the ID NUMBERS of the person and the government can check on the suspentable events easily... If anybody wants, i can create a complete operational scheme as a software eng.
suchPotato

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 06:59:40 AM

Actually the person who wants to own DGB AND SPEND THEM must register on a website that is a government base website, once registration is done you can enter your UNIQUE ID (maybe a combination of important IDs of the person etc...), then you will be able to create a DGB ADDRESS and that address will be registered on your name.

I think this way, we can publicly show the ID NUMBERS of the person and the government can check on the suspentable events easily... If anybody wants, i can create a complete operational scheme as a software eng.

Actually, why not use dear old ssl certificates? We can rely on well-respected CAs and are have been used for buisness for quite a while. It could be nice for buisnesses that don't want trouble with identity theft or tax issues.

However, this is good so long as it's an added feature for who wishes to use it. If it becomes mandatory I'm out.

24hralttrade

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 09:15:30 AM

@suchpotato,   Give away is a GO?

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
24hralttrade

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 09:25:44 AM

What do you guys think about this,   Really looks interesting to me.

An innovative security feature that has not been seen in Crypto land before. The idea behind FibreLock was to remove the keyboard from the password entry thus rendering key loggers and other malware useless against FibreWallet! FibeLock uses an android style pattern based locking system, there is no keyboard subsystem being used that malware could monitor! All inputs will come from your mouse. Your pattern will become your password. If your wallet is already encrypted, use the change password feature to swap over to the new pattern input.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=737771.0

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 09:29:39 AM

Very interesting stuff about putting your ID on your DGB. I'm all ears. But what about those who don't do the same? And the thief who hacks your wallet and steals your DGB? We still wouldn't have a 'paper trail' to follow those funds. We don't have that kind of problem with money in our savings accounts, certificates of deposit, stocks, bonds and other financial instruments. A digital currency needs to provide the same guarantees if it truly wants to gain "alternative" status.

When the winners finally progress beyond virtual play money status and really turn into viable alternatives, the IRS will make sure this is done. Make no mistake about it. What's more, the winning cryptos will be those that get out in front of the curve, actively seek legal advice on the matter, and even work in conjunction with governmental agencies to find the best way to implement the real accountability that 'legal tender' requires.

And just imagine the technical nightmare that this kind of eventual regulation will create for the unprepared coins, especially for those with sizeable block chains and large distributed networks (another reason to get out in front of the curve early on).

------------------------------------o------------------------------------

My mining stats with the last 7 days added on:

Pages: « 1 ... 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 [626] 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: