Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 07:39:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 [629] 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3055952 times)
AFK.MPEG

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 03:49:15 PM

What do you guys think about the future profitability of Digibyte's?

Long term coin! If we work towards adoption it will get "the coin"!
This is not a coin to make fast profit! We are here for the long run and we will win!

I wasnt talking about fast profit. I was talking more about savings and stuff.
suchPotato

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 03:50:11 PM

Okay, here's another one from yours truly.  Wink

I like the idea to giveaway some free DGB for installing the wallet. That's really neat, and I'm sure there are very good ways to confirm the new install.

I also like the idea of including a random "super-tip" (let's say that if new installs would get 1000 DGB, then the random "super-tip" would be like 10,000 every once in a while, for example).

Problems: reddit forum limitations and/or restrictions and BitCoinTalk giveaway thread prohibition.

So, these are really not places that are adequately suited to host this kind of ongoing event (and I would make it ongoing).

So, here it is: the actual giveaway could be done on DigiByte's own forum ( http://digibytetalk.com/ ) giving new users incentive to register for the first time and post their new wallet install info in order to get their free coins, and giveaway promotions like this weekend's would serve to steer people to the DigiByteTalk forum where they would register and then post.

Of course, anyone from the DigiByte community could tip (perhaps getting contributors here to register and post over there as well), and if someone wanted to throw out a random 100,000 or so, just for the hell of it (from time to time), that would seriously liven things up as well.

Maybe we might even begin to see the start of a serious eventual migration . . . that will come sooner or later in any event.

Very interesting idea. I'm not sure a hard verification  of the wallet install is needed: most people seem unaware that they can use an online wallet. I didn't realize how much reddit was limited until I did this event, however I still think digibyte presence on reddit is too low, good or bad it's still the one most influental social network for coins, besides twitter perhaps (but twitter favors low-engagement activities while reddit favors staying).

On this note @digibyte many users noted they can't download the android wallet, and the link brings them back to the main page, this is a pretty big issue.

About how this giveaway turned out (so far) and the lessons for the future:

Firstly it didn't attract as many users as I though, and it's a good thing: the fact there's a lot of text at the start of the giveaway and the rules of the giveaway are somewhere in the middle forced people to actually read, most of those who just wanted to say hi and get tipped without doing anything went away. More than a half of the participants went trough the trouble of getting a digibyte address, and most installed the client (some tried to install the android wallet,, but see above...).

In this way the extra complication of adding the address and going to another thread forced people to stay a bit more. Mind: we could use a more complicate giveaway to tip more the few more engaged users, or a simpler giveaway to get more people to view the initiative, or a multiple initiative (eg 10 dgb on dogecoin 100 on digibyte thread and 1000 on digibyte forum).

Afterall visibility vs engagement is not an easy balance to strike, you must never forget either when you plan a PR initiative. A multiple difficulty approach favors more engagement actually, as the same user may come to all giveaways, and therefore spend some 10-30 minutes on digibyte. (Note that the complication of changing threads was intentional, I planned that much, although the address escomotage was only devised at game open and turned out pretty nice)

8 new users subscribed to digibyte during the giveaway meaning at least some 1-3rd are actually committed to keep an eye on dgb.

On another note: the dogecoin community is not new to tippings, and is very friendly towards digibyte, doing the same initiative with other coins, or with non-cryptocurrency users may be a lot more difficult.

At the end I chose not to advertise this event too much so as not to get entangled in case it turned out bad, since all went well we can make a louder and more concerted event next time Cheesy.

suchPotato

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 03:51:37 PM

Humm guys, dunno if you noticed but mintpal is down (and with that about 1/4rth of my digibytes are nowhere to be found Sad ) This is bad news as mintpal is our first exchange beside criptsy (or even before cryptsy, some times). Do you now something? any plans to bring it up soon?

Ignore mintpal being down they will be back up soon they have been migrating into the new exchange and take over so expect a bumpy ride for next few days while they sort things out.

Wow, this is great, my coins are safe Cheesy

suchPotato

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 03:56:26 PM

To be honest, you must consider most of digibytes haven't been mined yet. Meaning the current 150k dollars cap should actually be viewed as a 1M$ cap for the long term.

However if dgb goes anywhere over 1M$ (and hopefully it will) it's a good investment for the long term.

HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 04:46:02 PM

Okay, here's another one from yours truly.  Wink

I like the idea to giveaway some free DGB for installing the wallet. That's really neat, and I'm sure there are very good ways to confirm the new install.

I also like the idea of including a random "super-tip" (let's say that if new installs would get 1000 DGB, then the random "super-tip" would be like 10,000 every once in a while, for example).

Problems: reddit forum limitations and/or restrictions and BitCoinTalk giveaway thread prohibition.

So, these are really not places that are adequately suited to host this kind of ongoing event (and I would make it ongoing).

So, here it is: the actual giveaway could be done on DigiByte's own forum ( http://digibytetalk.com/ ) giving new users incentive to register for the first time and post their new wallet install info in order to get their free coins, and giveaway promotions like this weekend's would serve to steer people to the DigiByteTalk forum where they would register and then post.

Of course, anyone from the DigiByte community could tip (perhaps getting contributors here to register and post over there as well), and if someone wanted to throw out a random 100,000 or so, just for the hell of it (from time to time), that would seriously liven things up as well.

Maybe we might even begin to see the start of a serious eventual migration . . . that will come sooner or later in any event.

Very interesting idea. I'm not sure a hard verification  of the wallet install is needed: most people seem unaware that they can use an online wallet. I didn't realize how much reddit was limited until I did this event, however I still think digibyte presence on reddit is too low, good or bad it's still the one most influental social network for coins, besides twitter perhaps (but twitter favors low-engagement activities while reddit favors staying).

On this note @digibyte many users noted they can't download the android wallet, and the link brings them back to the main page, this is a pretty big issue.

About how this giveaway turned out (so far) and the lessons for the future:

Firstly it didn't attract as many users as I though, and it's a good thing: the fact there's a lot of text at the start of the giveaway and the rules of the giveaway are somewhere in the middle forced people to actually read, most of those who just wanted to say hi and get tipped without doing anything went away. More than a half of the participants went trough the trouble of getting a digibyte address, and most installed the client (some tried to install the android wallet,, but see above...).

In this way the extra complication of adding the address and going to another thread forced people to stay a bit more. Mind: we could use a more complicate giveaway to tip more the few more engaged users, or a simpler giveaway to get more people to view the initiative, or a multiple initiative (eg 10 dgb on dogecoin 100 on digibyte thread and 1000 on digibyte forum).

Afterall visibility vs engagement is not an easy balance to strike, you must never forget either when you plan a PR initiative. A multiple difficulty approach favors more engagement actually, as the same user may come to all giveaways, and therefore spend some 10-30 minutes on digibyte. (Note that the complication of changing threads was intentional, I planned that much, although the address escomotage was only devised at game open and turned out pretty nice)

8 new users subscribed to digibyte during the giveaway meaning at least some 1-3rd are actually committed to keep an eye on dgb.

On another note: the dogecoin community is not new to tippings, and is very friendly towards digibyte, doing the same initiative with other coins, or with non-cryptocurrency users may be a lot more difficult.

At the end I chose not to advertise this event too much so as not to get entangled in case it turned out bad, since all went well we can make a louder and more concerted event next time Cheesy.

Excellent job! Well done!

As far as the different types of initiatives go, why not a couple of simultaneous ongoing efforts? Maybe the a periodic tipping similar to today's that's linked to a wallet install, with a tip like you were using today, and then an "any time you like" follow-up tip - that's a bit larger - for going over to DigiByteTalk, registering, and posting the same address with a link to their original reddit tip in order to get that second, larger, more succulent tip? That's just idea, but when thinking about what you were saying about the visibility-engagement balance, that might be an interesting combination.

ycagel

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 01:08:28 AM

Good dialogue from Tim Draper, while BTC touched below $300 today!

Tim Draper Says Banks Are ‘Hugely Threatened’ By Bitcoin
Daniel Cawrey (@danielcawrey) | Published on October 5, 2014 at 15:44 BST

Tim Draper is a well-known name in Silicon Valley. A partner at VC firm Draper Fisher Jurvetson and prominent backer of Internet startups like Skype and Hotmail, Draper has helped show just how powerful the Internet can be for the US economy.

Today, Draper is just as enthusiastic about bitcoin, and his sprawling complex located in downtown San Mateo, California, could be considered a central hub of US bitcoin innovation.

The site is the headquarters of the Draper University school for entrepreneurship, which is developing a ‘Bitcoin 101′ course, as well as Boost VC, an incubator run by his son Adam Draper that boasts 17 bitcoin startups in its current batch.

Further, Hero City is located in the same facility, a co-working space where startups migrate after graduating Boost VC or other Silicon Valley-area accelerators.

Unsurprisingly, Draper told CoinDesk he believes there is a gigantic market opportunity for bitcoin as a financial technology:

“I think that there’s a really good market for transparency in finance, and I think bitcoin allows that.”

Discovering digital currencies

Draper told CoinDesk that he had long been looking for an opportunity to get involved with virtual money, preceding even the bitcoin era.

His first real exposure to virtual currency was in Korea in the early 2000s. There, South Koreans were already playing online games and using virtual currencies to buy things like in-game swords or other digital items.   

Draper described his fervor and ambition to get involved with virtual money:

“I got excited about it. I kept looking around for an opportunity to create virtual currencies in games or whatever, and never found one where I was really jumping up and down.”

Later, Draper would learn of bitcoin, a virtual currency not restricted to any game or online world.

“[Bitcoin] was the first one that actually opened [virtual currencies] up to everybody,” Draper said. “It made it something you could build an ecosystem around.”

Draper’s first investment was in CoinLab, an early and still active company in the space that is attempting to make digital currencies more accessible.

Despite seeing the potential in South Korea early on, Draper said that his son Adam was actually the first in the family to jump on the bitcoin bandwagon.

He also added:

“[Adam] funded Coinbase, and I passed. Stupid, but …”

Recognizing the phenomenon

Perhaps most notably for the digital currency’s investors, Draper is not backing down from his prediction that 1 BTC will hit $10,000 within three years.

Draper is one of the most prominent investors in bitcoin, and was famously the highest bidder for a lot of almost 30,000 BTC seized from defunct online black market Silk Road at a government auction this summer.

“I think it’s a big and exciting time. I think we’ve got great things happening. I said three years, $10,000. I believe it,” Draper said.

Core to this belief, he says, is that he can see from his office in San Mateo the beginnings of a booming bitcoin industry:

“People are building real infrastructure around it, and it’s doing real work. It is speeding up currency velocity around the world. The movement of bitcoin is faster than the movement of any other currency. If you can speed up the currency, you can make the world wealthier.”

Still, if bitcoin is at such a high valuation in the future, there is the argument that everyday consumers will be dissuaded from using it.

However, Draper disagrees:

“They’ll probably measure it in satoshis or in smaller units. They won’t really think in terms of bitcoin. A $10,000 bitcoin, nobody’s going own a full bitcoin.”

Tapping a global potential

Draper told CoinDesk he decided to purchase all of the bitcoin at auction because of its potential to compete with fiat money around the globe.

“I invested to create an opportunity for international markets to thrive where there are bad currencies,” he noted

The use case for bitcoin in underdeveloped economies might be different than in the US or other developed nations. For example, bitcoin may face challenges with competition by the dollar in America because it is widely considered a strong currency.

Even so, Draper is a strong advocate for US regulators warming up to bitcoin, saying:

“I think the US better grab this opportunity. A light touch governance will allow bitcoin to be an enormous success here in the US the way the Internet was an enormous success.”

The consequences of not seizing the moment for bitcoin in the US could be dire, according to Draper.

“The US has to allow bitcoin to thrive here,” he said. “Or we’re going to be stuck with antiquated currency, we are not going to have the benefit of the jobs and wealth that’s created around bitcoin.”

Fixing banking issues

Still, despite the technology’s promise, some bitcoin startups have expressed exasperation at the difficult banking situation they face. Draper said he understands why banks are behaving in this manner.

“It’s not in their best interest,” he said. “Banks make a ton of money on credit cards, on wire transfers. They are hugely threatened. So they don’t want to bank bitcoin. They are kind of trying to hold the line.”

However, Draper was adamant that banks will ultimately pay the price for their slow adoption of bitcoin, stating:

“If I were a bank, I’d buy a bunch of bitcoin. You have two choices: In effect have the train run just right into the wall, or you can change the wall. You go out and buy some bitcoin, you start banking bitcoin, and you start getting in front of it. You start creating new services with bitcoin. The banks who do are going to win.”

“The banks who don’t are going to go the way of the buggy manufacturer,” he added.

In Draper’s mind, there’s simply no turning back now. Bitcoin, he believes is here to stay. He concluded:

“There are real businesses transferring real money through bitcoin and they are getting more and more used to it – cheaper, faster, better.”

Source: http://www.coindesk.com/tim-draper-says-banks-hugely-threatened-bitcoin/
djnocide
Legendary

Activity: 1164

Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 01:24:06 AM

To be honest, you must consider most of digibytes haven't been mined yet. Meaning the current 150k dollars cap should actually be viewed as a 1M$ cap for the long term.

However if dgb goes anywhere over 1M$ (and hopefully it will) it's a good investment for the long term.

Active devs + good community, good things are coming in the future.
AFK.MPEG

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 01:42:47 AM

Just bought 650.000 DGB @ Cryptsy. Lets put some trust in this coin
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 08:14:04 AM

LOL! Digibyte disabled on Bittrex for nearly two weeks. Blockchain issues, pending update...
Now I see:

This market is in danger of de-listing due to low trade volume and lack of user interest. It may be removed on October 10th unless the average daily trade volume for the last 7 days exceeds 0.1 BTC.

Strange logic...

troll bittrex XD
The issue they are experiencing is simply fixed by restarting the wallet with "digibyted -reindex". We have contacted them once again to have them restart their wallet. Even the Bitcoin client has this problem from time to time. No other exchange has reported this issue.

Has anyone tried trading on CEX.io yet?  https://cex.io/

suchPotato

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 08:44:00 AM

LOL! Digibyte disabled on Bittrex for nearly two weeks. Blockchain issues, pending update...
Now I see:

This market is in danger of de-listing due to low trade volume and lack of user interest. It may be removed on October 10th unless the average daily trade volume for the last 7 days exceeds 0.1 BTC.

Strange logic...

troll bittrex XD
The issue they are experiencing is simply fixed by restarting the wallet with "digibyted -reindex". We have contacted them once again to have them restart their wallet. Even the Bitcoin client has this problem from time to time. No other exchange has reported this issue.

Has anyone tried trading on CEX.io yet?  https://cex.io/

Never tried using cex, but all people I know seem to suggest against it.

Anyway, the download link for android wallet does not work yet (it only points to the page, see for yourself http://www.digibyte.co/download-digibyte ). It's a pretty big deal as a lot of users would like to use the android wallet (two complaned about it during the giveaway, maybe more tried but didn't complain). Either remove the link or place a functional one!

suchPotato

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 09:02:50 AM

Excellent job! Well done!

As far as the different types of initiatives go, why not a couple of simultaneous ongoing efforts? Maybe the a periodic tipping similar to today's that's linked to a wallet install, with a tip like you were using today, and then an "any time you like" follow-up tip - that's a bit larger - for going over to DigiByteTalk, registering, and posting the same address with a link to their original reddit tip in order to get that second, larger, more succulent tip? That's just idea, but when thinking about what you were saying about the visibility-engagement balance, that might be an interesting combination.

Hmm, I think there's a problem with "any time you like" promotions: the sense of urgency forces people to rush to the link, most people have a very short memory, if they don't come back within one day they don't come back at all, almost all promotions in the world rush people to come ASAP lest they lose the incredible occasion, even if many of them just actually going to renew that very same offer the day after (note, this trick is kinda rough, I think they can get off with it because they have a lot of money to put in ads, and people keep forgetting things 'cause they don't care, see car sales, you don't buy a car every month, so the trick works, sure not so with dgb).

Also, by the way, we'd need some way to avoid multiple subscriptions: 1k digibytes start becoming a serious sum, with 500 subscriptions you actually make up for a day of work sort of, maybe someone with an actual job won't bother, but surely this is attractive enough for the kiddo who wants some pocket money.

I think limited, over-the-weekend events offer the best low budget results here.

Of course there's more that can be done other than just giveaways, the giveaway is really simple, as you could see you just need some 2 dollars and people come, but with some organization and a little media coverage we can do a  lot of other stuff, especially if it happens at the same time as the  launch of some new dgb tech.

djnocide
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 11:06:43 AM

DGB active on Bittrex, was about time  Undecided
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 12:50:35 PM

Awesome! This is great to hear!

Digithusiast

Activity: 886
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 01:14:22 PM

I would have expected you to have been the first to know that and publish it here?
You were working with them to solve it right?

In my Bittrex account it still says:  "Wallet offline - pending update".

When will the new wallet version be available? You mentioned long time ago, and after that silence.
djnocide
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 02:17:23 PM

I would have expected you to have been the first to know that and publish it here?

When will the new wallet version be available? You mentioned long time ago, and after that silence.

i don't think they're 24/7 connected on bittrex to check the status of DGB.
Digithusiast

Activity: 886
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 02:49:43 PM

What's your point? Meanwhile DGB is offline on Bittrex for nearly 4 weeks now. Bittrex is an important exchange.
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 02:50:33 PM

Yes, we have been in contact with the Bittrex team. We noticed the post on here before seeing it on the site or their message. This is why we are currently working to bring a social media manager on board. We are looking at several software solutions as well to aid them when it comes to keeping up with DigiByte related messages on about twenty accounts now. Our goal is to stream line everything to kick off a much larger marketing campaign.

As for the wallet, we are currently working to hire some very experienced C++ developers to assist us in taking things to the next level. We have been primarily focusing on those two things these last few days so we have not done as much work on the wallet as we had hoped. As it stands the wallet is functional and no other exchange but BitTrex has reported an issue. The problem is fixed simply by running "digibyted -reindex."  This also happens  occasionally with Bitcoin wallets on a server.  

We have also been working on updating the Android wallet. It has proven to be rather challenging and much more work than we anticipated. Long story short we are not short on development work. If anyone has experience with C++, iOS or Android development and is looking for some work. Please PM us!

24hralttrade

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Community Liaison,How can i help you?

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 03:11:28 PM

Good job guys! Thank you for the update.
Can you see how much wallets have been downloaded during the give away saturday & sunday?

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
thefrog

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 04:45:43 PM

Is there someone who could line up the 'How to set up a p2pool for dgb' for each algo ?
I got the daemon running, but have trouble fining the proper p2pool code/source for sha256 mining.

Anyone ?
,./,./

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 08:12:30 PM

digibyte don't stay on mintpal:(
Pages: « 1 ... 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 [629] 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: