Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:06:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Introduction to DualMiner USB (could mine both BTC and LTC)  (Read 114581 times)
demonmaestro

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Mining for the hell of it.

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:13:38 AM

yea i had that issue befor. I know its a PITA but I reformatted the HD and no issues since.

Feel Like Donating? bc1q0v5nfdejapffewu67gft7zw7zsmnfmmkt3lf02
Buy/Sell BitCoin & LiteCoin  Click here! | Looking for a great exchange? CoinBase Has you covered.
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:23:43 AM

I'm running mine on Windows 7 using the pre-release version of MultiMiner and it runs great.  No problems or downtime.

Can anyone with a similar rig comment on stability? How often do you need physical access to your rig, and why?

Software updates will bring more stability. Stay away from windows. I currently have 99 DMs running on a Pi for over 72 hours without any failures. I was having issues for a while where a DM or two would go down and I would have to have physical access to the hubs to fix the issue. After running only 9 DMs per orico p10-u2 and some new software (still testing, should be committed to git soon) I haven't had any fail. My only downtimes have been me moving pools. Once everything is configured properly you shouldn't need physical access often.

akeetlebeetle

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:37:30 AM

Can anyone with a similar rig comment on stability? How often do you need physical access to your rig, and why?

Software updates will bring more stability. Stay away from windows. I currently have 99 DMs running on a Pi for over 72 hours without any failures. I was having issues for a while where a DM or two would go down and I would have to have physical access to the hubs to fix the issue. After running only 9 DMs per orico p10-u2 and some new software (still testing, should be committed to git soon) I haven't had any fail. My only downtimes have been me moving pools. Once everything is configured properly you shouldn't need physical access often.

I got 18 right now on a 49 port hub. on a windows machine with NO downtime.

Can you link that, please? Thanks.
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:38:04 AM

In case anybody missed it:
Download cgminer 3.5.0 for DualMiner USB Scrypt Mining on Windows [cryptomining-blog.com]
Download cpuminer OC Edition for Gridseed 5-chip GC3355 ASICs [cryptomining-blog.com]

trangt143

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 07:39:42 AM

I am running 10 dualminers with raspberry pi, can i overclock it  or push MHZ up ? thanks
poopypants

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:02:12 PM

I am running 10 dualminers with raspberry pi, can i overclock it  or push MHZ up ? thanks

I have found that the most stable freq is 850 for me, the gains tho are not anything to write about, 72-75kh/s but it has been very stable for me running for the past 10 days.  Same setup as you, using the cgminer software on my Pi w/ 16 dualminers

Einsteinium: http://einsteinium.org/    Helping advance Science

SilkCoin: BCZFuLUX2XfGF4W5cRK3efcg6U5Pv1tuaj
epcoin

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:04:21 PM

Hello,

I am new on this forum and have a problem with dualminer with PI.

When I connect the dualminer, then this will appear in the list with ls /dev/ttyUSB*, but cgminer does not find USB hardware.
After exiting cgminer also the dual miner has disappeared from the list.

The hub and dualminer work under Windows without problems.

Has an idea where the problem is?

Thanks.
dmsp

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:20:57 AM
Last edit: March 06, 2014, 04:55:21 AM by dmsp

Hello,

When I connect the dualminer, then this will appear in the list with ls /dev/ttyUSB*, but cgminer does not find USB hardware.

Thanks.

Hi, epcoin

Did you use sudo to get required privilege for running cgminer? Would you please take a photo of your screen and post it here or forum.dualminer.com? Our engineer will track your issue closely.

Thanks.

-----------------
dmsp
DualMiner Support
RavenX

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:16:01 AM

I just wanted to let everyone know I put up a small review of the DualMiner on cryptocoinsnews.com
http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/2014/02/26/dualminer-sha-256-scrypt-usb-miner/

It really is a good product and I wanted to share my experience using it with everyone.

Nice review. Thx.

"For smaller setups or people just getting into mining, this is a great entry level product that is both simple to setup and use."
That's what I was expecting.

ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:20:46 AM

Your welcome.
I am glad you like it.
I do like my DualMiner. I am trying to save some BTC after paying my bills to get one or two more on this groupbuy.
They are fun and simple and so far have been a solid miner.
Happy mining.

I just wanted to let everyone know I put up a small review of the DualMiner on cryptocoinsnews.com

It really is a good product and I wanted to share my experience using it with everyone.

Nice review. Thx.

"For smaller setups or people just getting into mining, this is a great entry level product that is both simple to setup and use."

RavenX

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:38:37 AM

I'd like to try one, but they don't have it anymore to sell by now.

Your welcome.
I am glad you like it.
I do like my DualMiner. I am trying to save some BTC after paying my bills to get one or two more on this groupbuy.
They are fun and simple and so far have been a solid miner.
Happy mining.

Nice review. Thx.

epcoin

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:03:21 AM

Hello,

Thanks.

Hi, epcoin

Did you use sudo to get required privilege for running cgminer? Would you please take a photo of your screen and post it here or forum.dualminer.com? Our engineer will track your issue closely.

Thanks.

-----------------
dmsp
DualMiner Support

Hi, dmsp

here are the screen printing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B743ny4TD6NvbVdrd29oRTJXVlE/edit?usp=sharing

After the end cgminer no more /dev/ttyUSB* are available

You need more informations?

Thanks for help.
dmsp

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:35:54 AM
Last edit: March 06, 2014, 07:46:44 AM by dmsp

Hello,

Thanks.

Hi, epcoin

Thanks.

-----------------
dmsp
DualMiner Support

Hi, dmsp

Thanks for help.

It seems problem related to usb bus power or usb driver from -D information. Please confirm the DIP switched to L mode and check your PM. We will help you to find the difference between your rig and CruzCoins'.

-----------------
dmsp
DualMiner Support
CruzCoins

Activity: 41

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:02:51 AM

Hello,

Thanks.
What is the exact hub you are using? Did you follow my guide here roughly for your software install?
epcoin

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:04:07 AM

Hello,

Thanks.

Hi, epcoin

Thanks.

-----------------
dmsp
DualMiner Support

Hi, dmsp

Thanks for help.

It seems problem related to usb bus power or usb driver from -D information. Please confirm the DIP switched to L mode and check your PM. We will help you to find the difference between your rig and CruzCoins'.

-----------------
dmsp
DualMiner Support

The DIP is switched to L and I use TeckNet HU10 10 Port USB 3.0 Hub. This hub looks exactly like orico p10-u2.
When I connect this HUB and dualminer to a Windows PC and run DualMiner (download from dualminer.com) is't run without problems.
dmsp

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:05:42 AM

Welcome CruzCoins back Smiley
CruzCoins

Activity: 41

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:07:19 AM
Last edit: March 06, 2014, 08:17:25 AM by CruzCoins

Hello,

Thanks.

Hi, epcoin

Thanks.

-----------------
dmsp
DualMiner Support

Hi, dmsp

Thanks for help.

-----------------
dmsp
DualMiner Support

The DIP is switched to L and I use TeckNet HU10 10 Port USB 3.0 Hub. This hub looks exactly like orico p10-u2.
When I connect this HUB and dualminer to a Windows PC and run DualMiner (download from dualminer.com) is't run without problems.

Your problem most likely is that raspberry pi notoriously does not work well with usb 3.0 hubs. See this link for more information about compatible hubs with Pis: http://elinux.org/RPi_Powered_USB_Hubs I recommend using nothing above usb 2.0 when trying to mine with Raspberry Pi for now. Also please be aware of this from the above link:
..if the HUB tries to feed the Raspberry Pi through their interconnect cable, due to the 100 mA limiting fuse in the Raspberry Pi, the Raspberry Pi will be partially powered which may cause problems (unwanted writes to the SD card).
dualminer (OP)

Activity: 59

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:52:58 AM
Last edit: March 06, 2014, 09:41:13 AM by dualminer

Hello Friends,

Per our customers' requests and comments, we will release our 2nd product DualMiner USB 2 very soon. DM 2 is designed specifically for scrypt altcoin mining. We can give our customer better pricing (compared to the DualMiner USB) because of the simplified design and testing efforts. Please go to the 1st page of this thread for more detailed product introduction. Thank you all for your support and interest
wunch

Activity: 49

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 12:23:39 PM

Hello,

Thanks.

Hi, epcoin

Thanks.

-----------------
dmsp
DualMiner Support

Hi, dmsp

Thanks for help.

-----------------
dmsp
DualMiner Support

These things won't work with TeckNet HU10 10 Port USB 3.0 Hub at all even on a normal PC. The Pi also hates USB 3 hubs. The USB 2  model is fine though
SummersideGuy

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

I am a meat Popsicle

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:13:29 PM

This price is still ridiculous considering 5chip Gridseeds are selling for as low as $230 usd, the equvilent of these would run $450 USD and consume 4x the usb ports. These make no sense any way you look at it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: