Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 01:29:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GUIDE] How to rent your rig on LEASERIG.NET - Scrypt & SHA256  (Read 33386 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ButterBread

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:08:49 PM

Yes you can choose only one pool to switch back when the lease end. Multiple defaults is in the to-do list though.

But you can add pools from the admin panel, it means it will use the default only from the time the lease ends till the time you can connect and add some pools. Not the easiest way but it works until multiple defaults is implemented.

Thanks for the quick reply.

So when I connect, I can add 'some pools'.  This means I can then set my 3-4 middlecoin servers and the fail-over will work between them?

Would I have to do this after each lease-end? Would I have to do something (i.e. remove them) before each lease-begin as well?

Don't quite understand the process here, but would like to get a good idea of the possibilities before I put in the work to set it all up. Lots of steps for me.

Also, the rig owner's name on the front page.. Is that the same as the one on the bitcoin forum or can you choose another name?
Pustul

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 10:23:36 PM

Yes you can choose only one pool to switch back when the lease end. Multiple defaults is in the to-do list though.

But you can add pools from the admin panel, it means it will use the default only from the time the lease ends till the time you can connect and add some pools. Not the easiest way but it works until multiple defaults is implemented.

Thanks for the quick reply.

1)So when I connect, I can add 'some pools'.  This means I can then set my 3-4 middlecoin servers and the fail-over will work between them?

2)Would I have to do this after each lease-end? Would I have to do something (i.e. remove them) before each lease-begin as well?

Don't quite understand the process here, but would like to get a good idea of the possibilities before I put in the work to set it all up. Lots of steps for me.

3)Also, the rig owner's name on the front page.. Is that the same as the one on the bitcoin forum or can you choose another name?

1) Yes
2) Yes  each time the lease ends your miner will switch to your default pool but you have to do add the failovers you want. You don't have to do anything before the lease because it's the person who leases your rig who will delete your pools and add his.
3) I don't know, but since the trust system is based on this forum for now I think you have to use the same username. But djeZo is working on a delayed payment and trust rating system for the future Smiley
ButterBread

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 10:43:09 PM

3) I don't know, but since the trust system is based on this forum for now I think you have to use the same username. But djeZo is working on a delayed payment and trust rating system for the future Smiley

Thanks again for the prompt reply, much appreciated.

Re.3) Does the person who leases see the static ip-address of the rig? Wouldn't want someone to target it because I didn't agree with them in some forum thread. Lots of tightly-wound weirdos in this place, me included probably  Wink
Pustul

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 11:29:00 PM

Thanks again for the prompt reply, much appreciated.

Re.3) Does the person who leases see the static ip-address of the rig? Wouldn't want someone to target it because I didn't agree with them in some forum thread. Lots of tightly-wound weirdos in this place, me included probably  Wink

No problem Smiley

No they won't see your ip, they have to go through the website to do any changes to the pools and they only see the ip of the website.
coinguy98

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 12:37:40 AM

Ok, I can't figure out where to put the api listen command
ButterBread

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 10:47:25 AM

Ok, I can't figure out where to put the api listen command

Either in the .conf file or as an extra command line parameter in your batch file. Check the readme file included in cgminer.
coinguy98

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 07:58:12 PM

Ok I got cgminer working... now I just need to configure my NAT? How do I go about that... Also
whenever I add the --api listen command my miner gets reduced hashrates on two cards instead of the steady 725 I usually get
bishopcoin

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 01:19:10 AM

I use BAMT for my rig.
I don't know the equivalent commands for "--api-groups P:switchpool:addpool:removepool:restart:*" to put on my cgminer.conf

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks!
Pustul

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 01:23:28 AM

I use BAMT for my rig.
I don't know the equivalent commands for "--api-groups P:switchpool:addpool:removepool:restart:*" to put on my cgminer.conf

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks!

"api-groups" : "P:switchpool:addpool:removepool:restart:*"
bishopcoin

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 01:26:58 AM

thank you so much!
dothetwist

Activity: 63

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 11:51:08 AM

Hi!

Currently running with these setting:
Code:
"expiry" : "15",
"failover-only" : true,
"log" : "5",
"queue" : "1",
"scan-time" : "15",

Is it OK? Should i turn load-balance on?

Thanks
Bralak

Activity: 31

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 07:24:21 PM

Hi,
I'm trying to provide a mining rig.

NAT is configured with port 7777.
For cgminer , Does a bat with my conf and api commands is enough (cgminer.conf is empty)??
trogdorjw73

Activity: 482
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 07:55:40 PM

A few questions:

1) Port forwarding (with cgwatcher) -- do I forward 7777 to 7777, or 7777 to something else (4028), or do I use 4028 (the default)?
2) How many rigs can I put up for lease? If I have more than one, I need multiple port forwarding rules, so how do I configure that (e.g. they can't all be external port 7777)?
3) Is there a way for the owner of a rig to login through your site and test out the rig, to verify all is working properly?

Here's what I have as my cgminer startup command:

Code:
cgminer.exe --scrypt --config cgminer-lease.conf --auto-fan --failover-only --api-groups P:switchpool:addpool:removepool:restart:save:* --api-listen --api-allow P:89.212.242.33,127.0.0.1 --api-port 4028

The cgminer-lease.conf specifies my normal mining pools, which I assume would be active any time the rig isn't being leased. Did I miss anything?

djeZo (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 520

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 08:36:11 PM

A few questions:

1) Port forwarding (with cgwatcher) -- do I forward 7777 to 7777, or 7777 to something else (4028), or do I use 4028 (the default)?
2) How many rigs can I put up for lease? If I have more than one, I need multiple port forwarding rules, so how do I configure that (e.g. they can't all be external port 7777)?
3) Is there a way for the owner of a rig to login through your site and test out the rig, to verify all is working properly?

Code:
cgminer.exe --scrypt --config cgminer-lease.conf --auto-fan --failover-only --api-groups P:switchpool:addpool:removepool:restart:save:* --api-listen --api-allow P:89.212.242.33,127.0.0.1 --api-port 4028

The cgminer-lease.conf specifies my normal mining pools, which I assume would be active any time the rig isn't being leased. Did I miss anything?

1. You can use 4028 - I heard cgwatcher can't be configured to use different port?

2. Each mining rig must have different external port, because all your rigs are accessible via single IP - so my server has to know which rig is which thus ports are used to distinguish between them. You can however use same internal ports (forwarded to). Such router rule would look something like this:
ext.       int.
7777 -> 4028
7778 -> 4028

3. Once you install your rig (put in your IP/domain + port) your rig will appear in the list and you will have full access to manage pools, set default pool, manage renting plans etc... You can manage pools via website on your own too, not only your customer.

4. You may want to grant your localhost full access, so use tag W instead of P for your local IP.

trogdorjw73

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 05:09:29 AM

A few questions:

Code:

1. You can use 4028 - I heard cgwatcher can't be configured to use different port?

2. Each mining rig must have different external port, because all your rigs are accessible via single IP - so my server has to know which rig is which thus ports are used to distinguish between them. You can however use same internal ports (forwarded to). Such router rule would look something like this:
ext.       int.
7777 -> 4028
7778 -> 4028

3. Once you install your rig (put in your IP/domain + port) your rig will appear in the list and you will have full access to manage pools, set default pool, manage renting plans etc... You can manage pools via website on your own too, not only your customer.

4. You may want to grant your localhost full access, so use tag W instead of P for your local IP.
For anyone that wants to know, you *can* use a different port on CGWatcher. It's on the "Miner" tab under the "Settings" tab. This may be useful as some routers don't do sensible port forwarding -- I have one that will only forward a port to the same port internally, so e.g. 7777 has to forward to 7777. Totally whack, but in the end for this specific use case it doesn't matter much.

sowanted

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:47:03 AM

we must open 7777 port ? or what we want?

musnt?

Aaroenz0r

Activity: 504

Option Blitz

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 10:54:56 AM

Can anybody help me?

I can not figure out how to get this to work,
I want to use the cgminer.conf file instead of a .bat file.

Does anybody has a working config line?

trogdorjw73

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 11:39:15 AM

Can anybody help me?

I can not figure out how to get this to work,
I want to use the cgminer.conf file instead of a .bat file.

Does anybody has a working config line?
Sure:

Code:
cgminer.exe --config cgminer-rental.conf --auto-fan --failover-only --api-groups P:switchpool:addpool:removepool:restart:save:* --api-listen --api-allow P:89.212.242.33,127.0.0.1 --api-port 4028

There might be a better way to do a few things, but that will get you running at least.

Aaroenz0r

Activity: 504

Option Blitz

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 12:24:50 PM

Hi thanks for the help,
But i meant in the actual .config file of cgminer Smiley

Gamer67

Activity: 294

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?