Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:38:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GUIDE] How to rent your rig on LEASERIG.NET - Scrypt & SHA256  (Read 33381 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
djeZo (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:31:57 AM

Hi, is it possible to open source the proxy software?
So that people can compile on their own platform: win, linux, pi, x86, x84, mips, etc...

I would very much like to do that. But one thing I have learned with this community is that there are plenty of copy pasters, work and idea stealers. And due to anonymity, I couldn't take any legal actions against such people.

A solution is for me to install OSes like BAMT, SMOS and everything that is being used and compile binary for each one.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Monty-Python

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:43:54 AM

Timeout will happen if there is no response from your cgminer in 2 seconds time. cgminer API is capable of serving only 1 request at a time - others are blocked. Make sure there is no other program hooking cgminer API constantly.

Thanks. As BAMT offers a web-frontend showing details of the rig performance I found the second application hooking the API. Just wondering why I didn't find this piece of information in the cgminer documentation...

Rent my rig on leaserig.net
Feedback and status: Link
WireIT

Activity: 60

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:45:06 PM

Can you try Windows version?

I finally got around to trying lrp in Windows. The problem is when you disconnect a rig. This problem does not happen with the Windows version, only Linux.

In windows, disconnect a rig and watch lrp. You'll see a couple of rig timeouts and then a rig disconnect.

In linux, disconnect a rig and you'll see some rig timeouts, but never a rig disconnect. By the time you'd expect to see a disconnect, lrp just hangs waiting to hear from the disconnected rig. At this point every rig stops mining. Turn the disconnected rig back on and as soon as lrp can see it, everything starts mining again and you'll see every rig start over at a low difficulty.

Rent my rigs at LeaseRig.net - ProxIT01 : ProxIT02
djeZo (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:29:32 PM

Can you try Windows version?

I finally got around to trying lrp in Windows. The problem is when you disconnect a rig. This problem does not happen with the Windows version, only Linux.

In windows, disconnect a rig and watch lrp. You'll see a couple of rig timeouts and then a rig disconnect.

In linux, disconnect a rig and you'll see some rig timeouts, but never a rig disconnect. By the time you'd expect to see a disconnect, lrp just hangs waiting to hear from the disconnected rig. At this point every rig stops mining. Turn the disconnected rig back on and as soon as lrp can see it, everything starts mining again and you'll see every rig start over at a low difficulty.

Will take a look into this. Do you use cgminer API for speed querying?

WireIT

Activity: 60

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 06:22:38 PM

I start lrp with...

./leaserigproxy_linux 3333 my-info-removed 4028 s

Rent my rigs at LeaseRig.net - ProxIT01 : ProxIT02
halfsoft

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 06:52:32 PM

Any ideas how can I improve the speed reporting while using the LRP?
sgcrypt reports steady 3650kh/s while the web interface shows huge fluctuations:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rwv13mw8v0pkeao/Screen%20Shot%202014-03-19%20at%2019.48.03.png
Monty-Python

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:20:10 PM

Any ideas how can I improve the speed reporting while using the LRP?
sgcrypt reports steady 3650kh/s while the web interface shows huge fluctuations:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rwv13mw8v0pkeao/Screen%20Shot%202014-03-19%20at%2019.48.03.png

Do you have API enabled?

If not edit your bat-file or config file

Code:
--api-listen --api-allow 127.0.0.1 --api-port 4028

127.0.0.1 if LRP is running on same machine and API port is more or less your choice, 4028 is default port.

djeZo (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:35:12 PM

NOTICE to Linux users of LRP

There is a very weird issue of Linux simply stopping execution of LRP once dead connection is detected, but nothing is reported to LRP. I am investigating it, but have no ideas what else to check; I checked all network API calls and it doesn't seems any of it is blocking.

Windows version is unaffected and works without issues.

If your rigs are unstable (like, suddenly dying or going off the power), then either use Windows LRP or switch to method B. If you don't have Windows machine, running one in virtual environment on top of Linux should suffice too.

halfsoft

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:44:10 PM

Thanks, it seems like i need to configure BAMT to allow remote API calls, just adding the ip range didn't work...
well there is something that i will do this weekend it seems like, thanks for the tip
Monty-Python

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:54:41 PM

Thanks, it seems like i need to configure BAMT to allow remote API calls, just adding the ip range didn't work...
well there is something that i will do this weekend it seems like, thanks for the tip

If you manage to get method b going in BAMT, drop me a PM please. ^^ I get it to work but fail on the rigtest Website (see previous page of this thread). Switching pools seems to work but the second test after 60 seconds fails somehow.

djeZo (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:36:40 PM

NOTICE to Linux users of LRP

There is a very weird issue of Linux simply stopping execution of LRP once dead connection is detected, but nothing is reported to LRP. I am investigating it, but have no ideas what else to check; I checked all network API calls and it doesn't seems any of it is blocking.

Windows version is unaffected and works without issues.

If your rigs are unstable (like, suddenly dying or going off the power), then either use Windows LRP or switch to method B. If you don't have Windows machine, running one in virtual environment on top of Linux should suffice too.

I believe it has been fixed, but I am waiting for WireIT to report me back with some testings.

djeZo (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:36:12 PM

New LRP version Download

v0.06a
- network protocol v0.02
- some bug fixes

This version is MANDATORY for all! It has new network protocol which will soon make old protocol obsolete and LRPs won't be able to connect to LeaseRig anymore. It also fixes Linux "lock bug".

Monty-Python

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:47:22 PM

Migrated to new version - seems to run smooth in Windows so far. Will check again in a few hours.

miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 11:12:05 PM

Migrated to new version - seems to run smooth in Windows so far. Will check again in a few hours.

I'll just put it on my pi nope, 64 bit native nope, other pi nope, other pi nope.

E

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:20:27 AM

New LRP version Download

v0.06a
- network protocol v0.02
- some bug fixes

This version is MANDATORY for all! It has new network protocol which will soon make old protocol obsolete and LRPs won't be able to connect to LeaseRig anymore. It also fixes Linux "lock bug".

So far so good w/ 0.06a on linux; will update if that changes.
Monty-Python

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:57:22 AM

0.06a has been running fine for a couple of hours in Windows now. As there was no other feedback than that, my guess is it's ok. Grin

Just out of curiosity:
Is it possible to implement email notifications if a pool went dead. The proxy software is checking anyway on startup and reports when a pool goes dead and it tries to switch pools and/or reconnect to a pool. In this case there has to be some form of communication with the Leaserig server I guess which could be used for email notification.

My point is, it would be a "Nice to have"(!) feature for both providers and customers to get an automatic notification so everyone can react appropriately. I admit I have no idea how to realize or even put this into code and cannot estimate the effort it would take. Any feedback is welcome.

djeZo (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:15:38 PM

0.06a has been running fine for a couple of hours in Windows now. As there was no other feedback than that, my guess is it's ok. Grin

Just out of curiosity:
Is it possible to implement email notifications if a pool went dead. The proxy software is checking anyway on startup and reports when a pool goes dead and it tries to switch pools and/or reconnect to a pool. In this case there has to be some form of communication with the Leaserig server I guess which could be used for email notification.

My point is, it would be a "Nice to have"(!) feature for both providers and customers to get an automatic notification so everyone can react appropriately. I admit I have no idea how to realize or even put this into code and cannot estimate the effort it would take. Any feedback is welcome.

It wouldn't be hard at all. But I am more worried by the amount of emails that would have to be sent out. Especially in times when half of rented rigs are working on same pool and that one goes down -> bam, 300 mails with same content to be sent instantly and my server will be marked as SPAM source.

BuildTheFuture

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:28:58 PM

I don't know what the deal is between Eligius, my ants, and LRP, but they don't get along well. My ants came off a couple of leases in the past several hours, and LRP could not establish a stable connection to Eligius. It would connect, get the difficulty, then I get the rig disconnect message before any shares are done. Cgminer (updated to latest firmware) on my ants seems to reset. Eventually I had to give up and move to ghash.io which works fine so far.
djeZo (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:06:46 PM

If I knew what is going on with eligius I would fix it...

djeZo (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:05:22 PM

UPDATE: I compiled linux binary for BAMT. Download

Please, if you use SMOS, try if it is working for SMOS too (should do, but I need someone to confirm!)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: