Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:13:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will BTC be at least $1000 USD before 2015?
Yes!   - 77 (21.8%)
No. - 188 (53.3%)
I like bacon.   - 88 (24.9%)
Total Voters: 353

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: PB Mining -- 5 year mining contracts!  (Read 378866 times)
jimmyl

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 10:13:12 AM

that btcminer84 guys must be reported for spamming his useless calculations again again

I disagree. His calculations are not useless. They are illustrative of several logical fallacies and can therfore be of some value if you have a strong bullshit detector.

Exponential growth is impossible in the long run. This has been prove so many times that anyone claiming it as a basis for real world calculations should just go ahead and check themselves into either the mental ward or the Federal Reserve.

"On the subject at hand, I think you'll find the price is about the same as buying ants, when you factor in electricity, except that you'll eventually (much sooner than 5 years) have to either turn the ants off, or mine alts with them. As with all things Bitcoin, it's something of a gamble. It's one that has paid off handsomely for me, and I will continue to solicity referrals and buy GH's. There are too many customers for too long of a period for it to be a ponzi. I suspect they're being circumspect because it keeps people off their back, including the bastards that keep DDOSing every public pool. By maintaining the secrecy, they have less of a target painted on their backs. I don't know this to be true, but it's a good line of reasoning."

Challenge: Do the sums, buy an ant and sell the GHS. Can profit?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 10:24:03 AM

what do you think about bitcoin prices ? currently 394$ and still dropping?

is it a btc buy time and re-invest to ghs in these cheap prices??

or the bitcoing era is over?

It's completely over. They will never be worth anything again. Nobody will adopt it, as there is no central authority to oversee and steal confiscate devalue regulate it.

Therefore I think it best if you send all of your BTC to this address, lest they take it from you by force. 15KU7NmtLdu49yu7ZCf5SamuSH8C9A8U8j
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 10:37:33 AM

If it were a scam, you wouldn't make an ROI. If they didn't pay you every sunday like clockwork, you would not make an ROI. If you don't break even, but still got paid, then you made an ROI.

Except, in a ponzi there's always a bunch making a profit.
That doesn't make it less of a scam.

Honestly, the subject has been debated to death.
Anyone still opting to invest only has themselves to blame when the payouts stop coming.

I get it, you're pulling revenue from a different source. If you spam "pbmining is great" enough times, you'll get more signups through your referral.
That still doesn't help the other people who genuinely believe it's a good investment.

Your point is taken. I do however think they're legit. I chose the avenue of referrals because I enjoy the game, partially, and because I posted the link in my sig on a total whim and it paid off Cheesy Truth is since I started actively promoting it I've done worse than when it was just sitting there.

Mainly, though, I compared the cost to existing hardware, vaporware scams, er, I mean, Pre orders! yeah, that's it. Pre orders. And I came down to basically two choices at the time. There are a few more now, fortunately, but then there were basically two choices. pbmining and Bitmain.

Bitmain is hardware that I can put my fingers on and play with. But it don't come with a decent PSU and it sucks electricity like a politician sucks life. Still the best game in town... but when you factor in electricity costs, even as low as Idaho rates are, and the expense of a PSU, plus the possible down time from power outage, children fingerpoking, random acts of vengeful gods... it worked out better to go with pbmining. Not by much, pretty close to even in fact, but slightly better using those same calculators that the trolls love to (ab)use.

There is a school of thought that holds that mining is never as profitable as buying and holding. I think people like this suffer from tunnel vision, or have a very narrow view of profit. Or just no patience. Bitcoin is at a nexus right now. It will either die very quickly, or it will soar in value. I can't really see any other outcomes. Also, to all you buy and hold people? Without us who mine, there would be nothing for you to buy and hold.

Mining gold is not as profitable as trading gold. But without the miner, the trader has empty pockets. We may not be the most financially savvy people in the world, or perhaps the compulsion to hunt treasure is a disease... but we produce what others want because we want to produce it. Sometimes the adventure is worth a monetary loss. Other times it's just a fuckup, but nevertheless, without the miners there is no bitcoin/gold/silver/platinum/shiny rocks...
cisary

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 10:43:43 AM

It's completely over. They will never be worth anything again. Nobody will adopt it, as there is no central authority to oversee and steal confiscate devalue regulate it.

Therefore I think it best if you send all of your BTC to this address, lest they take it from you by force. 15KU7NmtLdu49yu7ZCf5SamuSH8C9A8U8j

You, sir are troll. Anarchy is not chaos? I LOL'd though
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 10:45:11 AM

how intellectual a response!? personal abuse does in no way back up your arguments. in fact it makes you look like a dunce, who didn't actually understand what the poster was alluding to.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
cisary

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 10:47:38 AM

If it were a scam, you wouldn't make an ROI. If they didn't pay you every sunday like clockwork, you would not make an ROI. If you don't break even, but still got paid, then you made an ROI.

Except, in a ponzi there's always a bunch making a profit.
That doesn't make it less of a scam.

Honestly, the subject has been debated to death.
Anyone still opting to invest only has themselves to blame when the payouts stop coming.

I get it, you're pulling revenue from a different source. If you spam "pbmining is great" enough times, you'll get more signups through your referral.
That still doesn't help the other people who genuinely believe it's a good investment.

Your point is taken. I do however think they're legit. I chose the avenue of referrals because I enjoy the game, partially, and because I posted the link in my sig on a total whim and it paid off Cheesy Truth is since I started actively promoting it I've done worse than when it was just sitting there.

Mainly, though, I compared the cost to existing hardware, vaporware scams, er, I mean, Pre orders! yeah, that's it. Pre orders. And I came down to basically two choices at the time. There are a few more now, fortunately, but then there were basically two choices. pbmining and Bitmain.

Bitmain is hardware that I can put my fingers on and play with. But it don't come with a decent PSU and it sucks electricity like a politician sucks life. Still the best game in town... but when you factor in electricity costs, even as low as Idaho rates are, and the expense of a PSU, plus the possible down time from power outage, children fingerpoking, random acts of vengeful gods... it worked out better to go with pbmining. Not by much, pretty close to even in fact, but slightly better using those same calculators that the trolls love to (ab)use.

There is a school of thought that holds that mining is never as profitable as buying and holding. I think people like this suffer from tunnel vision, or have a very narrow view of profit. Or just no patience. Bitcoin is at a nexus right now. It will either die very quickly, or it will soar in value. I can't really see any other outcomes. Also, to all you buy and hold people? Without us who mine, there would be nothing for you to buy and hold.

Mining gold is not as profitable as trading gold. But without the miner, the trader has empty pockets. We may not be the most financially savvy people in the world, or perhaps the compulsion to hunt treasure is a disease... but we produce what others want because we want to produce it. Sometimes the adventure is worth a monetary loss. Other times it's just a fuckup, but nevertheless, without the miners there is no bitcoin/gold/silver/platinum/shiny rocks...

Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 10:48:08 AM

that btcminer84 guys must be reported for spamming his useless calculations again again

I disagree. His calculations are not useless. They are illustrative of several logical fallacies and can therfore be of some value if you have a strong bullshit detector.

Exponential growth is impossible in the long run. This has been prove so many times that anyone claiming it as a basis for real world calculations should just go ahead and check themselves into either the mental ward or the Federal Reserve.

"On the subject at hand, I think you'll find the price is about the same as buying ants, when you factor in electricity, except that you'll eventually (much sooner than 5 years) have to either turn the ants off, or mine alts with them. As with all things Bitcoin, it's something of a gamble. It's one that has paid off handsomely for me, and I will continue to solicity referrals and buy GH's. There are too many customers for too long of a period for it to be a ponzi. I suspect they're being circumspect because it keeps people off their back, including the bastards that keep DDOSing every public pool. By maintaining the secrecy, they have less of a target painted on their backs. I don't know this to be true, but it's a good line of reasoning."

at current prices on both, 2.10 per GH/s for an Ant, $2.70 GH/s for pbmining. calculate electricity and PSU into it, and I suspect you're looking at a better deal at pbmining. There are too many regional variables for that to be a blanket statement, but it's going to be generally true. @ $.10 kw/h, the ant eats just shy of 87 cents a day, so right out the gate it's more expensive to operate. And you pay that every day you run it instead of just once in five years.

You can profit both ways, and if you play Alt mining and trading games you MIGHT outperform the bitcoin mining at pbmining. I think they are both valid investment vehicles. But very different animals as well. Ants give you more flexibility, pbmining gives you more stability. The electricity cost vs. difficulty pretty much means that even though the linear growth cannot continue, the ant will cost more to operate than it returns well before five years have passed. AT least in bitcoin.
cisary

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 10:53:54 AM

how intellectual a response!? personal abuse does in no way back up your arguments. in fact it makes you look like a dunce, who didn't actually understand what the poster was alluding to.

Look at previous posts about "flying pigs" and shit, that's normal?
raskul

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 10:55:02 AM

i don't care about your trolling mate, this thread is for users of PBMining, please take your teenage angst elsewhere.

Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 11:00:12 AM

This isn't really the place to discuss the political theories. as it's about pbmining. But no, Anarchy is not chaos. Chaos is where you have so many rules that they cannot be obeyed without violating causality. Anarchy is self rule, and an ideal to be aspired to. The modern "democracy", on the other hand, is demonstrably the most tyrannical form of polity ever devised.

As for the above idiot... Well, some days I suffer fools more easily than others.
cisary

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 11:03:23 AM

i don't care about your trolling mate, this thread is for users of PBMining, please take your teenage angst elsewhere.

You are right, we should talk about PBmining so what about new payout system? 0.01 BTC or customizable threshold like on the pools would be nice, wouldn't it?
raskul

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 11:06:44 AM

You are right, we should talk about PBmining so what about new payout system? 0.01 BTC or customizable threshold like on the pools would be nice, wouldn't it?

no, i'm quite happy with the service which PBMining provide. if I want self-customised mining, i'll point my home rig at a chosen pool. again, you are totally off-topic.

Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 11:10:10 AM

I'd like to see the time of the payout optimized a bit, for the sake of consistency, but otherwise I'm quite happy with a weekly payout. I know approximately when and how much I'm going to get. Not as random as straight mining, though I have more fun with that Cheesy

What I'd really like to see is that fucking slider on the buy page be banished back to whatever hell spawned it and replaced with a text box where you can just input a number.
CLOUDMINING.GURU

Activity: 130

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 11:14:09 AM

What I'd really like to see is that fucking slider on the buy page be banished back to whatever hell spawned it and replaced with a text box where you can just input a number.

This would be a great addition!

oztusk

Activity: 327

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 11:18:36 AM

++1

<<<   "MY DOG ATE YOUR BITCOIN"..mtGox - - "MY DOG IS EATING YOUR BITCOIN"...Antpool - - "We were drinking espresso with shots of vodka at this little cafe. My laptop was on the table. This big dog came up behind us and,.. and..." ...nicehash     ANTMINER is currently servicing 20-30% of the entire network hash rate. Enenatis. Quis interdum ac, aliquet nec est. www.bitmaintech.com Euismod risus sed, venenatis tellus. Aliquam vel. Spontaneous emission is not inherent to an emitter, but rather depends on its electromagnetic environment.        "THE DOG ATE YOUR BITCOIN"..mtGox
raskul

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 11:28:37 AM

++1

up to now, i've just magnified my laptop screen to work the slider - a simple text button would be better.

SlientBit

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 11:47:05 AM

++1

up to now, i've just magnified my laptop screen to work the slider - a simple text button would be better.

+1x10e100 It's the only flaw I cannot coupe with!

PB, you can leave the slider if you want (good for touch and stuff) but, PLEASE, give us a decent input choice! Grin

ml73

Activity: 191

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 12:02:00 PM

++1

+1

jimmyl

Activity: 211

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 12:03:43 PM

at current prices on both, 2.10 per GH/s for an Ant, $2.70 GH/s for pbmining. calculate electricity and PSU into it, and I suspect you're looking at a better deal at pbmining. There are too many regional variables for that to be a blanket statement, but it's going to be generally true. @ $.10 kw/h, the ant eats just shy of 87 cents a day, so right out the gate it's more expensive to operate. And you pay that every day you run it instead of just once in five years.

You can profit both ways, and if you play Alt mining and trading games you MIGHT outperform the bitcoin mining at pbmining. I think they are both valid investment vehicles. But very different animals as well. Ants give you more flexibility, pbmining gives you more stability. The electricity cost vs. difficulty pretty much means that even though the linear growth cannot continue, the ant will cost more to operate than it returns well before five years have passed. AT least in bitcoin.

S1 ant is now 0.893 BTC for 180 GHS
Just use BTC for your calculation.
Show me it's viable to sell GHS @0.0065 plus PSU and electricity for 5 yrs

oztusk

Activity: 327

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 12:12:41 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2014, 12:44:24 PM by oztusk

no sane person runs equipment when it becomes unprofitable.
requiring 4 years of wasted electricity included in the calculation is pretty ridiculous.
also, the price of bitcoin is not part of things any more than which horse wins tomorrow.
if you spend six BTC on a miner, mine 3 BTC with it, and then win 1,000,000 BTC on a three BTC horse bet, you did not make 999,994 BTC mining bitcoin.

<<<   "MY DOG ATE YOUR BITCOIN"..mtGox - - "MY DOG IS EATING YOUR BITCOIN"...Antpool - - "We were drinking espresso with shots of vodka at this little cafe. My laptop was on the table. This big dog came up behind us and,.. and..." ...nicehash     ANTMINER is currently servicing 20-30% of the entire network hash rate. Enenatis. Quis interdum ac, aliquet nec est. www.bitmaintech.com Euismod risus sed, venenatis tellus. Aliquam vel. Spontaneous emission is not inherent to an emitter, but rather depends on its electromagnetic environment.        "THE DOG ATE YOUR BITCOIN"..mtGox
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 310 »
  Print  

Jump to: