Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:43:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: please delete  (Read 6999 times)
vintagetrex (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 12:05:02 AM

Ok, who are the donors? This can also be verified through your escrow service.

Donors can put their names here if they like.  I am not going to post their names without their permission.  It would help fundraising if they posted, but that is not my decision to make.  

How thoughtful. Before you were throwing around everyone's name to try to prove you were legit so why do you hesitate now? You're not exposing anyone by posting their username from the forums here. I'm sure you will never invite them to this thread because if they read all of the shit you've posted they would most likely cringe. I would love to hear their input on why this still sounds like it's not a joke, and also to verify that they indeed have donated. Did you give them the form with the smiley faces on it too? Trying to convince people the validity of your project through words about phantom investors is hardly believable considering every word out of your mouth thus far has been a lie and, once again, doesn't amount to shit on the internet. And the info I'm asking for is public record so it's not violating anyone's rights and doesn't need permission to be posted.

Wait, are you saying you would like to invest? Wink
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 12:20:40 AM

It doesn't matter how obvious the scam, the morons around here throw money at the most pathetic transparent scams imaginable.

That is probably a lot of why the scammers just don't bother even pretending to not be scams they just go like whatever dude cool story and continue raking in coins.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 12:40:11 AM

It doesn't matter how obvious the scam, the morons around here throw money at the most pathetic transparent scams imaginable.

That is probably a lot of why the scammers just don't bother even pretending to not be scams they just go like whatever dude cool story and continue raking in coins.

-MarkM-

I can't believe you're a hero member.  How do you not recognize what I'm trying to do here as being legitimate?  If its so easy to scam then why would I bother putting my name and verifying my identity?  Duh.  You are going to feel so much pain if this project succeeds.  I feel sorry for you. 
cthulu1

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 12:56:43 AM

You are going to feel so much pain if this project succeeds.  

You could not stress this word enough.
vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 12:58:48 AM

thats the nature of risk.  Anyways, I'm going to my dad's bay house pretty soon.  I'll bring my computer but I won't be as active on the forums for the next few days.  It should give you plenty of bait to yell scam. 
cthulu1

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 01:00:39 AM

thats the nature of risk.  Anyways, I'm going to my dad's bay house pretty soon.  I'll bring my computer but I won't be as active on the forums for the next few days.  It should give you plenty of bait to yell scam.  

Risk implies there is some kind of reward to be had. Loss is the correct word you are looking for. You haven't told anyone what kind of gains they could expect on their initial investment. Or how you plan to even pay them, especially if the whole thing falls through. And no, investors will not want unfinished or unmarketable software. They will want fiat.
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 01:15:07 AM
Last edit: January 18, 2014, 01:35:38 AM by kalus

Wait, are you saying you would like to invest? Wink
Show us something that is worth investing in.  your company as it stand now, is worth $0

exhibit A:  

they are ready to code but haven't started.
Valuation:  $0.

exhibit B:  

I have said over and over that I do not have a patent.
Valuation:  $0

the only thing you could possibly offer than every other file sharing site couldn't is tied up in your supposed 'patent'.  without the patent, there is nothing new about what you're saying.  If you have no patent another company will take whatever ideas you have and incorporate them into their operation which is already making money.  

As you have described in this thread, there is nothing that is worth investing!

come back in a year or two  when you do have the patent.  I invest in strong patents that can be defended in court.

come back in a year when you have a business plan.  I only invest in companies with a business plan for profitability.  This is not a charity.

come back in a year when you are turning a profit, and can show justification for your valuation.  I invest in companies that can show strong sales.

At this point, Your company is worth $0. no business plan, no net income, no cash flow, no IP or patent, no case study, no prototype.

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 01:21:51 AM

Honestly?

I don't think it's a scam. I don't think the OP wants to steal any money. I think he genuinely believes in what he's saying.

Make of that what you will. Not that I'd invest even if it weren't, as I personally don't think the OP grasps the magnitude of what he wishes to accomplish. Even if the idea was viable, it would require an entire dev team, and right now the viability is near-zero. I'd love to hear what some other programmers thought. Peer to peer networking is way beyond my ability.

You're better off just paying to get a coin designed, 100% pre-mining the coin and selling off shares in at as a 100% PoS currency. People will pay whatever they think your ideas are worth, and then perhaps you may get some investment, but honestly, you'd need a lot more than some loose ideas.

Some honest and constructive criticism for ya.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 01:25:17 AM

Honestly?

I don't think it's a scam. I don't think the OP wants to steal any money. I think he genuinely believes in what he's saying.

Make of that what you will. Not that I'd invest even if it weren't, as I personally don't think the OP grasps the magnitude of what he wishes to accomplish. Even if the idea was viable, it would require an entire dev team, and right now the viability is near-zero. I'd love to hear what some other programmers thought. Peer to peer networking is way beyond my ability.
The OP is making legal "patent pending" claims even though he doesn't know what it actually means.  

the OP is now claiming he doesn't have a patent, only a provisional one.  he doesn't know what that actually means either.  

the OP is asking people to invest in his 'IPO' even though he cannot justify his valuation.

the OP thinks that 'ideas' are the same thing as 'patents', and that somehow by suggesting escrow it creates value in a worthless company.

A profitable company is not based on ideas:  it operates on a business plan that outlines how they reach profitability.

no sustainable business model has been discussed. this isn't a coin, it is a company trying to IPO.

If the ideas are interesting, why not simply invest in another, existing file sharing company that will incorporate any good ideas into their business model?  there are lots of distributed storage companies that are already turning a profit.

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 01:27:46 AM

Honestly?

The OP is making legal "patent pending" claims even though he doesn't know what it actually means.  

the OP is now claiming he doesn't have a patent, only a provisional one.  he doesn't know what that actually means either.  

the OP is asking people to invest in his 'IPO' even though he cannot justify his valuation.

the OP thinks that 'ideas' are the same thing as 'patents', and that somehow by suggesting escrow it creates value in a worthless company.

A profitable company is not based on ideas:  it operates on a business plan that outlines how they reach profitability.

no sustainable business model has been discussed. this isn't a coin, it is a company trying to IPO.

If the ideas are interesting, why not simply invest in another, existing file sharing company that will incorporate any good ideas into their business model?  there are lots of distributed storage companies that are already turning a profit.

the OP is a scam?

As i said before, your are investing in a bunch of college kids who are studying 24-7.

1) There is no market proof or even a proven niche. Just some paperwork that probably was a computer science project.

2) These kids have no marketing or business expertise from what i've seen.

3) They are not 100% dedicated or are relying on this project to succeed

I would highly caution investing in this.
vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 01:37:11 AM

Honestly?

You're better off just paying to get a coin designed, 100% pre-mining the coin and selling off shares in at as a 100% PoS currency. People will pay whatever they think your ideas are worth, and then perhaps you may get some investment, but honestly, you'd need a lot more than some loose ideas.

Some honest and constructive criticism for ya.

thank you for providing constructive criticism.  

Anyways, I just got some bad news, someone on stack overflow just told me why my proof of storage protocol doesn't work properly.  That's a bummer.  

"Sure it could. If the file is the first part, you just compute a partial hash up to the point where C ends, and take a snapshot of the hasher state. You can toss out C at that point, and start from the saved state for each S you generate"
LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 01:38:35 AM

[/quote]

thank you for providing constructive criticism.  

Anyways, I just got some bad news, someone on stack overflow just told me why my proof of storage protocol doesn't work properly.  That's a bummer.  
[/quote]

Surprise, surprise!

;P

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 01:48:56 AM
Last edit: January 18, 2014, 03:12:28 AM by vintagetrex

Surprise, surprise!

;P

LOL I know right.  The IP system is pretty legit but maybe it will have to work with proof of bandwidth, which I have no clue how to do (my CS skills are really limited).  I did read 5 textbooks on encryption in a row one time

vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 01:54:48 AM
Last edit: January 18, 2014, 03:12:47 AM by vintagetrex

For now, I am discouraged by the bad news.  Tomorrow I will be back at it.  If the 2 investors of 2 BTC want their money back, PM me and I will send it back.  I'm not giving up yet tho!  Also, I'm supposed to talk to assistant dean at LSU so I'm going back to Baton Rouge next week and will be getting the provisional patent (and yes, it is written similarly to a manifesto because I was stoned at the time.  It has the necessary stuff like claim specific coins and multiple mining networks etc, but I can clearly remember a rant or two about how IP should be free and that patent fees only helped people with money)
cthulu1

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 02:06:25 AM

Hey, at least there's always open mic night at your local comedy club.
flipstyle

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 02:09:22 AM

Anyways, if y'all still like the concept, check out my other scam thread about bitcloud that I'm about to post.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=419422.0

Will do.
vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 02:17:06 AM

Hey, at least there's always open mic night at your local comedy club.

thats what the internet is for!!
vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 02:20:12 AM

Anyways, if y'all still like the concept, check out my other scam thread about bitcloud that I'm about to post.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=419422.0

Will do.

That thread could possibly be made by a scammer that isn't associated with bitcloud, but there are actual people making bitcloud that seem legit.  I found one on the internet searching for cloud storage coins about a week ago.  I put my ideas for the IP system in front of him:

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/david-vorick/6a/8a6/675
cthulu1

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 02:29:07 AM

Anyways, if y'all still like the concept, check out bitcloud.  they are some ppl from RPI and MIT making a cloud storage coin.  They say they don't need any funding.

Oh, that supposed team of devs you said were working with YOU?  Roll Eyes

I have not signed anything with them yet.  I will not be working with the University.  Also, I have not begun working with them.  

I'm conversing with a great dev team from MIT and RPI.  They're good and already working.  
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 02:35:28 AM

piece of shit
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: