Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:52:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5325 5326 5327 5328 5329 5330 5331 5332 5333 5334 5335 5336 5337 5338 5339 5340 5341 5342 5343 5344 5345 5346 5347 5348 5349 5350 5351 5352 5353 5354 5355 5356 5357 5358 5359 5360 5361 5362 5363 5364 5365 5366 5367 5368 5369 5370 5371 5372 5373 5374 [5375] 5376 5377 5378 5379 5380 5381 5382 5383 5384 5385 5386 5387 5388 5389 5390 5391 5392 5393 5394 5395 5396 5397 5398 5399 5400 5401 5402 5403 5404 5405 5406 5407 5408 5409 5410 5411 5412 5413 5414 5415 5416 5417 5418 5419 5420 5421 5422 5423 5424 5425 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722505 times)
Macrochip

Activity: 465
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2015, 10:49:44 PM

One more farewell post or more insecure trolling?

Sincere criticism is not trolling. There may be nothing Dash can do to erase its disastrous history, and that ultimately will likely lead to its demise, but there are things it can do now to avoid making matters even worse, which include not trying to hide the disastrous history.

I knew it: More insecure trolling it is then.

Nothing of what you wrote for the last few hours has been sincere. Your only talking point is the trillion times explained and beaten to death and beyond "instamine". You have no other topic. This makes you insincere and dishonest. Sane people hold conversations by acknowledging arguments from the other side. You on the other hand have either obsessive compulsive disorder or are a sociopath as your post history clearly shows to any rational observer.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 10:53:49 PM

Why do you insist it's Dash's responsibility to change whether people view Bitcoin as ponzi or not?

Dash has enough transparency. If you're demanding to know how much each dev owns for example then sorry, I'm afraid it's not gonna happen.

Fairness - very subjective. Life is not fair. Miss the lunch and you miss the lunch. Don't buy cheap and miss the profits. There's always someone to complain about something.

Highest standard of ethics - is that standard defined by you?

Look if you want to deny the issue exists and personalize it as being all about this insignificant smooth guy (or some even smaller coin Monero), that's your prerogative. But the fact is that people who look at Dash see a massive instamine scam as one of the defining characteristics. That devtome investigation had nothing to do with me or Monero (or to my knowledge AdamWhite, etc.). Several of the threads about the instamine had nothing to do with Monero (some predate it). If you talk to people in the crypto community who have nothing to do with either coin if they've heard of it, they are well aware of the "darkcoin instamine" and think it is very shady and a holdover from the worst era of altcoin scams, whether you illodin, think so or not, and whether that is even fair or not.

There is no way the stigma is ever going away. All that pushing this project is doing now is making crypto look bad. There is talent in this project, sure, but it's being wasted on a coin that is essentially a dead end beyond the small altcoin world.

The "issue" is people who missed the cheap coins are jelly and butt hurt. That is the human nature. That is also the reason why banks are interested in "blockchain" and not in buying Bitcoins from the early adopters. It is an issue that affects emotional "investors" and speculators. It is not an issue that affects users. At some point it's possible people will be using cryptos without even realizing they are using it. Will they care a small % of the world's population mined a lot of coins early or bought them cheap? If you get paid in dollars and use it to buy food do you care someone printed them for free?
studentwiskunde

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 10:57:22 PM

Announcement

Coin price ticker

Added support for exchange Poloniex for coin Dash.

Coin price ticker supports two exchanges(Bittrex and Poloniex) for Dash.

Also new
The navigation menu is coin based in stead of exchange based.

Go to play store to download: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=wiskunde.nl.coinpriceticker&hl=nl

Sincerely,

Wiskunde

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 11:01:43 PM

The "issue" is people who missed the cheap coins are jelly and butt hurt.

That's not the issue because the same can be said for other coins which don't get the same negative reaction.

That is also the reason why banks are interested in "blockchain" and not in buying Bitcoins from the early adopters

Some people are trying to do that sure, and I'm not sure there is one reason for it either. Some probably want features and characteristics (for example some forms of regulatory compliance, a different security model, etc.) that Bitcoin doesn't offer. I see at the same time a lot of people not terribly concerned about the price being too high and building businesses and services on and around Bitcoin right now.

Now I don't really see that with any alt, with the possibly exception of Ethereum, but at least in the case of Bitcoin and a few other coins, people don't come to it with an additional negative perception that encourages building something else or going elsewhere as they do with Dash.

But if you really believe 'jelly' is a dominant factor, then Dash is screwed either way. You can't wish away the 'jelly' factor any more than you can wish away the 'instamine scam' disgust factor. It is still part of human nature, even if, again, you, illodin don't consider it the right way to think.

If the model is fatally broken, and it is, then it doesn't matter exactly why. Same outcome.

illodin

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 11:05:28 PM

That's not the issue because the same can be said for other coins which don't get the same negative reaction.

The amount of jelly butt hurt is proportional to the amount of easily amassed cheap coins and their potential profits one has missed. And as you can attest, the amount of cheap coins has been exceptional in case of Dash.
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 11:12:26 PM

That is also the reason why banks are interested in "blockchain" and not in buying Bitcoins from the early adopters

Some people are trying to do that sure, and I'm not sure there is one reason for it either. Some probably want features and characteristics (for example some forms of regulatory compliance, a different security model, etc.) that Bitcoin doesn't offer. I see at the same time a lot of people not terribly concerned about the price being too high and building businesses and services on and around Bitcoin right now.

Now I don't really see that with any alt, with the possibly exception of Ethereum, but at least in the case of Bitcoin and a few other coins, people don't come to it with an additional negative perception that encourages building something else or going elsewhere as they do with Dash.

But if you really believe 'jelly' is a dominant factor, then Dash is screwed either way. You can't wish away the 'jelly' factor any more than you can wish away the 'instamine scam' disgust factor. It is still part of human nature, even if, again, you, illodin don't consider it the right way to think.

If the model is fatally broken, and it is, then it doesn't matter exactly why. Same outcome.

That has not being our experience presenting Dash to people and talking about it with industry leaders. In fact it has been extremely positive and a lot of people are excited about it and getting involved. By your same logic "fatally broken" is just your opinion and you can't just wish for it to be true.

I believe Monero's funding system is fatally broken and produces stagnant development and lack of accountability for delays but that is just my opinion and I may be wrong.

The important thing is it does not matter what I think time will reveal the truth.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 11:14:00 PM

At this point I don't know that there is anything Dash can do. The cryptocoin community just needs to move on to coins that don't have it's baggage, which in time I'm confident will happen, just as the Bitcoin community moved on from most of the worst scams and frauds. If you have constructive suggestions though other than "the instamine happened, get over it", or "we'll just delete everything from the OP and make believe it never happened", both of which I truly do not believe is ever going to work, I'm open to hearing them.

Your attempts at constructive mallevolence are a bit cringeable. In the monetary history of humankind, never has the 'launch' or initial distribution of any monetary medium impacted on its ultimate suitability to function as a base, unbacked store of value.

Also, there is no asset known to man that doesn't have "baggage". Not gold, not dollars, not equity and not bitcoin. So your little raindance is bogus.

Despite that, the code is up there. Feel free to relaunch yourself if you really think it's so critical. You won't because you don't and yet you're even less likely to argue a case on pure monetary grounds because there isn't one for you to make.
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2015, 11:16:56 PM

I sick and tired of the word play by you Smooth.  your a snake...you play koi in one hand baiting people by being Smooth...then  sticking your sharp dagger in the side.  

Your name suits you sir....by the same reason why dozens of users have you on ignore...its because, you pretend to be righteous...all the while pushing your agenda of hate.  

Dash was instamined...Evan said it was a mistake.  You choose not to believe him....I and obviously many others do.  Done.

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2015, 11:17:36 PM

At this point I don't know that there is anything Dash can do. The cryptocoin community just needs to move on to coins that don't have it's baggage, which in time I'm confident will happen, just as the Bitcoin community moved on from most of the worst scams and frauds. If you have constructive suggestions though other than "the instamine happened, get over it", or "we'll just delete everything from the OP and make believe it never happened", both of which I truly do not believe is ever going to work, I'm open to hearing them.

Your attempts at constructive mallevolence are a bit cringeable. In the monetary history of humankind, never has the 'launch' or initial distribution of any monetary medium impacted on its ultimate suitability to function as a base, unbacked store of value.

Also, there is no asset known to man that doesn't have "baggage". Not gold, not dollars, not equity and not bitcoin. So your little raindance is bogus.

Despite that, the code is up there. Feel free to relaunch yourself if you really think it's so critical. You won't because you don't and yet you're even less likely to argue a case on pure monetary grounds because there isn't one for you to make.

Thank you!

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 11:17:48 PM

One more farewell post or more insecure trolling?

Sincere criticism is not trolling. There may be nothing Dash can do to erase its disastrous history, and that ultimately will likely lead to its demise, but there are things it can do now to avoid making matters even worse, which include not trying to hide the disastrous history.

Smooth, haven't you said you're done with this tread and will not post here anymore two-or so days ago? And month-two also, same? And you are back and back yet again?
But you have that need ha? You must tell us that about instamine? What it was about son?
AdamWhite

Activity: 605

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 11:19:21 PM

I believe Monero's funding system is fatally broken and produces stagnant development and lack of accountability for delays but that is just my opinion and I may be wrong.

Much better to fraudulently instamine 30% of the coins currently in circulation and then try to cover it up like DASH has done, right Minotaur?
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2015, 11:21:45 PM

I can't believe that hundreds of DASH holders are ok with the Instamine explanation. 

Mr White...what are you supporting and using for digital currency that is better then DASH....we are all curious as to what meets your high standards? 

illodin

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 11:23:15 PM

I believe I said it is an issue that affects emotional "investors" and speculators. User's don't care.

Jelly seems indeed to be a dominant factor in these forums filled with emotional "investors" and speculators though.
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2015, 11:24:39 PM

The following are known trolls…and have been engaging in aggressive and abusive forum behavior.

AdamWhite
TheDasher
ICEBREAKER
YOURMOTHER
Dnaleor
Smoothie
Smooth!

Though...We would like to thank them for keeping us top of mind on bitcointalk. As the saying goes... There is no bad publicity!  Thanks…

"If someone says they really don't like your project, they really do like your project and are jealous!"

megges

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 11:26:03 PM

.... If you talk to people in the crypto community who have nothing to do with either coin if they've heard of it, they are well aware of the "darkcoin instamine" ....

Oh this thread would have been so dead if you would have told that to our world improvers on mission ... mr. icebreaker and adam white ... who are just here to tell everybody "instamine intamine instamine" .... because they think nobody knows about it ...

and you are not better in that, you write that they are all very aware of the "instamine", but then on the other hand, you are talking about that we were hiding the facts of the launch .... how can a "fact" be hidden and at the same time known well by most?!

tip me! Tongue XtSrWch1U3BsTBFBHj7acTTzxFo1fy5BMa
the-baker

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 11:29:07 PM

Just out of curiosity: Do you have any specific demands as to what should be changed in Dash so that you can make your peace with it, or is it more a situation where you won't rest until Evan publicly commits seppuku?

Talking about suicide is really hyperbolic. People need to keep things in perspective. We're talking about a tiny little toy coin compared to Bitcoin which is itself a tiny little toy coin compared to the fiat financial system. Let's not get some exaggerated sense of what is at stake here.

Well the sarcasm tag was obviously implied :-)

Well, if it's going to die anyway, there's really no point in wasting your time posting here. Just saying...

If I understand you correctly, it's only the instamine you're concerned about? Because I've seen quite a few posters who will jump from one issue to the next in different comments, and I'm trying to to compile a complete "What's wrong with Dash" list, so is there's anything else, please make yourself heard.

WRT to suggestions I think the problem is that most people here are not overly bothered by it in the first place. I mean, it looks to me as if the biggest issue it creates is daily troll postings on the subject, and the ignore button pretty much fixes that. In your opinion, how exactly does it hurt the cryptocoin community?
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2015, 11:30:00 PM

.... If you talk to people in the crypto community who have nothing to do with either coin if they've heard of it, they are well aware of the "darkcoin instamine" ....

Oh this thread would have been so dead if you would have told that to our world improvers on mission ... mr. icebreaker and adam white ... who are just here to tell everybody "instamine intamine instamine" .... because they think nobody knows about it ...

and you are not better in that, you write that they are all very aware of the "instamine", but then on the other hand, you are talking about that we were hiding the facts of the launch .... how can a "fact" be hidden and at the same time known well by most?!

The fact is....we, DASH members are truly to blame.  We keep being baited by their trolling and we keep feeding them.  Its something that we bring on ourselves.  These clowns have been at it for a very long time....its no surprise for anyone here

AdamWhite

Activity: 605

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 11:32:25 PM

They might know about it, but the fact that eduffield continues to claim "it was just an accident" is a whole lot of hogwash.

The deception is obvious.. just look at the "0.00000000% Pre-mine" statement on the right of the DRK reddit page  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  DASH simply cannot be trusted and deserves to be investigated.

bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2015, 11:33:46 PM

you keep not answering the question I posed you...why?

illodin

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 11:34:16 PM

The fact is....we, DASH members are truly to blame.  We keep being baited by their trolling and we keep feeding them.  Its something that we bring on ourselves.  

Well, having the most active and the most viewed altcoin thread can't be all bad, right?  Cool
Pages: « 1 ... 5325 5326 5327 5328 5329 5330 5331 5332 5333 5334 5335 5336 5337 5338 5339 5340 5341 5342 5343 5344 5345 5346 5347 5348 5349 5350 5351 5352 5353 5354 5355 5356 5357 5358 5359 5360 5361 5362 5363 5364 5365 5366 5367 5368 5369 5370 5371 5372 5373 5374 [5375] 5376 5377 5378 5379 5380 5381 5382 5383 5384 5385 5386 5387 5388 5389 5390 5391 5392 5393 5394 5395 5396 5397 5398 5399 5400 5401 5402 5403 5404 5405 5406 5407 5408 5409 5410 5411 5412 5413 5414 5415 5416 5417 5418 5419 5420 5421 5422 5423 5424 5425 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: