Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:38:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5351 5352 5353 5354 5355 5356 5357 5358 5359 5360 5361 5362 5363 5364 5365 5366 5367 5368 5369 5370 5371 5372 5373 5374 5375 5376 5377 5378 5379 5380 5381 5382 5383 5384 5385 5386 5387 5388 5389 5390 5391 5392 5393 5394 5395 5396 5397 5398 5399 5400 [5401] 5402 5403 5404 5405 5406 5407 5408 5409 5410 5411 5412 5413 5414 5415 5416 5417 5418 5419 5420 5421 5422 5423 5424 5425 5426 5427 5428 5429 5430 5431 5432 5433 5434 5435 5436 5437 5438 5439 5440 5441 5442 5443 5444 5445 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722525 times)
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2015, 06:36:08 PM

Sometimes it's good to just start fresh, I've made four separate discoveries so far  Grin.

I'm sorry, but I've got to agree with the trolls here: Posts like this one contain no useful information and only create the impression that the dev is trying to pump their own coin. So if you're unwilling to share anything of substance, it might be better not to post on the development progress at all.

Did I mention that I hate those teaser-based marketing strategies?

I was waiting for someone to ask what I discovered... Basically, something called masternode input age based quorum layering. Quorums are created using the age of the masternodes, 25% of the quorums are more than 1.5 years old, the next 25% is more than 1 year old, the next 25% is more than 6 months old, then the final 25% is any masternode that is newer than that. It guarantees, you can't control a quorum by just buying coins from an exchange to make new masternodes, there will always be masternodes that are really, really old.

okay i gotta ask : "masternode input age based quorum layering", is that one of four discoveries you made ? if the answer is yes i think you will know my next question  Wink

Yes. I also figured out how to implement user/masternode vote blinding, which will allow literally everyone to remain semi-anonymous on the network. Imagine you can vote privately on budgets. 3 and 4 are related to programming, the evolution platform is really nice to work with

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 06:37:17 PM

Sometimes it's good to just start fresh, I've made four separate discoveries so far  Grin.

I'm sorry, but I've got to agree with the trolls here: Posts like this one contain no useful information and only create the impression that the dev is trying to pump their own coin. So if you're unwilling to share anything of substance, it might be better not to post on the development progress at all.

I was waiting for someone to ask what I discovered... Basically, something called masternode input age based quorum layering. Quorums are created using the age of the masternodes, 25% of the quorums are more than 1.5 years old, the next 25% is more than 1 year old, the next 25% is more than 6 months old, then the final 25% is any masternode that is newer than that. It guarantees, you can't control a quorum by just buying coins from an exchange to make new masternodes, there will always be masternodes that are really, really old.

okay i gotta ask : "masternode input age based quorum layering", is that one of four discoveries you made ? if the answer is yes i think you will know my next question  Wink

Yes. I also figured out how to implement user/masternode vote blinding, which will allow literally everyone to remain semi-anonymous on the network. Imagine you can vote privately on budgets. 3 and 4 are related to programming, the evolution platform is really nice to work with

good to hear you are making such nice progress on the coding / quorums / concept--> implementation ... i imagine its like seeing pieces of a puzzle click together.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 06:52:42 PM

Sometimes it's good to just start fresh, I've made four separate discoveries so far  Grin.

If you're not going to tell us what they were and continue to tease us, we're going to do an old fashioned American football style pile on you the second you step out your door!  And we won't get off until you reveal everything!

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
italeffect

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 06:53:33 PM

If & when I do, then maybe I should celebrate by putting a nice wall up on Polo Wink

I fully support this plan.  Smiley

There is a serious lack of buy support at the moment on Poloniex. I've been buys coins like crazy this week at these prices but my reserves are now tapped out.

Dash: Xdopotr3eAHpsSCMkUyU2YWP3WQWb5X3t8
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 06:54:37 PM

To be honest, I think Evan is actually excited and wants to share, but can't, so he comes to us to let off a little pressure, only to give it to us.  not to pump.

Now that's interesting!  Ok, pile on cancelled until some time in January, but that'll be a celebratory pile on Cheesy

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 07:04:21 PM

"DrkLvr_ molests collies"

Well his toxic droning's winning him lots of new friends at least.
noah tall

Activity: 524
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 07:14:01 PM

The mods deleted this post, so I put it back.  Nothing new to see here.

Ok, so DASH devs, please explain me
This is an important qustion that needs an answer
So please, I really want to know an answer to this.

TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 07:14:12 PM

All good, one question regarding the use of MN age in selection of quorums.  Will they also still be selected from the hash?  I hope you can do both because I like the randomness of that.  If you can select with both requirements, that's be impossible to game IMO Smiley

eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2015, 07:16:46 PM

All good, one question regarding the use of MN age in selection of quorums.  Will they also still be selected from the hash?  I hope you can do both because I like the randomness of that.  If you can select with both requirements, that's be impossible to game IMO Smiley

Exactly. Instead of using the hash to build the quorum at all once, you do it in four steps, by age. It's still deterministic.

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
BusterNutBag

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 07:30:03 PM

All good, one question regarding the use of MN age in selection of quorums.  Will they also still be selected from the hash?  I hope you can do both because I like the randomness of that.  If you can select with both requirements, that's be impossible to game IMO Smiley

Exactly. Instead of using the hash to build the quorum at all once, you do it in four steps, by age. It's still deterministic.

With DASH-EVO, will all MN's be forced to re-start when it comes on-line?

edit: only seems far
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 07:31:14 PM

Damn fine idea, time locked network hacker resistant with 51% taking over 1 year in multiple stages, is this another world first?  Cool

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 07:43:19 PM

With DASH-EVO, will all MN's be forced to re-start when it comes on-line?

edit: only seems far

I think the age is determined from when the 1000 coins were sent to the address used for a MN.  Undoubtedly, the upgrade will require a restart, but perhaps not.  Whichever way we go, it'll be something all MN have to go through.

TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 08:00:32 PM

http://cointelegraph.com/news/115587/visa-mastercard-execs-have-plenty-to-say-about-bitcoin

Interesting, it's as if the elite, who are supposed to be experts on finance and economics, still can't understand what Bitcoin is about!  Can this be true?  Or are they simply playing to their customer base?

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 08:42:52 PM

Interesting, it's as if the elite, who are supposed to be experts on finance and economics, still can't understand what Bitcoin is about!  Can this be true?  Or are they simply playing to their customer base?

It's too fundamental a change for them to recognise. They are too far removed from the original concepts that defined money in the first place.

A money manager these days just has to know what market he wants his clearing systems to 'clear up' next. Nobody has actually had to worry about this since the gold standard was ditched. For example, take this commentator. She asserts that bitcoin doesn't do anything for economic growth because the coins just sit on the blockchain doing nothing whereas fiat money is "lent out" to grow the economy.

Really ?

Does the balance of your bank account reduce by the amount that the bank lends. Does the balance of anybody's deposit reduce ? No. Of course it doesn't because the fact is that fiat capital is not lent out - it's simply used as a base from which to lever up new loans which are backed by debt, nothing else. Same with gold - it sits in vaults all day long and is not lent out.

Thats the kind of ape-man understanding that modern financial commentators have of finance. They've never had to visit these fundamental concepts in practice because the modern financial system has developed so far beyond them that they are "out of sight" so to speak.

the-baker

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 08:53:21 PM

Yes, it's definitely harmful to let the community know that he's still alive, still monitoring the thread, and still making progress on the coin. I can definitely see how hearing from our dev from time-to-time is severely damaging.

If I am an optimist, I assume that he's doing all these things anyways. If I am a pessimist, I might as well say that this post was created by a bot, because it is entirely generic and does not reference anything recently discussed here. On a more fundamental level, the fact that he feels the need to make this kind of post at all is IMHO a workaround to the problems created by the decision to keep development secrect. If we could simply follow commits as they happen on github, there would be no need for vague statements of reassurance. And who knows, maybe somebody might even get intrigued by what they see and start contributing patches and so on.

How the hell does that look like a pump to you? Did he tell anyone to buy? Did he tell anyone the value was going to the moon? Did he give anyone a price target?

I'm not saying that this is his intention, but we all know the hostile environment Dash is facing, so I just don't understand why someone would want to make the trolls' job even easier. Also, let's be honest: If this were some coin you've just discovered and you saw the dev posting vague "great things are coming" comments, wouldn't that be a red flag to you?

If you don't like the "teaser-based marketing strategy" then stop reading the forums, and come back in late January after BTC Miami and read what Evan has to say then, when more information is on the table.

Yes, I was actually thinking of doing exactly that. It's not that I doubt the team's intentions or technical abilities, but it's just so painful to watch them shoot themselves in the foot communication-wise time and time again.

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 09:21:21 PM

I was waiting for someone to ask what I discovered...

More like you're sensing some dissension in the ranks and decided to throw them a bone... usually you just ignore it like you ignored the guy who asked you to elaborate on the previous page.

And that seems to annoy you to no end. I'd say he should keep on doing it.  Grin
DrkLvr_

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 09:23:56 PM

Yes, it's definitely harmful to let the community know that he's still alive, still monitoring the thread, and still making progress on the coin. I can definitely see how hearing from our dev from time-to-time is severely damaging.

If I am an optimist, I assume that he's doing all these things anyways. If I am a pessimist, I might as well say that this post was created by a bot, because it is entirely generic and does not reference anything recently discussed here. On a more fundamental level, the fact that he feels the need to make this kind of post at all is IMHO a workaround to the problems created by the decision to keep development secrect. If we could simply follow commits as they happen on github, there would be no need for vague statements of reassurance. And who knows, maybe somebody might even get intrigued by what they see and start contributing patches and so on.

How the hell does that look like a pump to you? Did he tell anyone to buy? Did he tell anyone the value was going to the moon? Did he give anyone a price target?

I'm not saying that this is his intention, but we all know the hostile environment Dash is facing, so I just don't understand why someone would want to make the trolls' job even easier. Also, let's be honest: If this were some coin you've just discovered and you saw the dev posting vague "great things are coming" comments, wouldn't that be a red flag to you?

If you don't like the "teaser-based marketing strategy" then stop reading the forums, and come back in late January after BTC Miami and read what Evan has to say then, when more information is on the table.

Yes, I was actually thinking of doing exactly that. It's not that I doubt the team's intentions or technical abilities, but it's just so painful to watch them shoot themselves in the foot communication-wise time and time again.

Hey man he said he discovered 4 things!

What more could you possibly want?! Stop being such a troll GOD.

DrkLvr_

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 09:25:07 PM

More like you're sensing some dissension in the ranks and decided to throw them a bone... usually you just ignore it like you ignored the guy who asked you to elaborate on the previous page.

And that seems to annoy you to no end. I'd say he should keep on doing it.  Grin

Just pointing out one of his many lies. You seem to be one of the idiots that loves eating all of the shit he keeps feeding you. Open wide...
volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 09:34:46 PM

And that seems to annoy you to no end. I'd say he should keep on doing it.  Grin

Just pointing out one of his many lies. You seem to be one of the idiots that loves eating all of the shit he keeps feeding you. Open wide...
Oh trolls... Why do you bother? Does this seems to you to be an effective use of your limited time on this planet? Why don't you go and do something more positive? Love, V.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 09:43:22 PM

Sometimes it's good to just start fresh, I've made four separate discoveries so far  Grin.

Wow four separate discoveries oh boy. That's 1 more than 3 and 1 less than 5!

If they are as monumental as this one, i'm sure we're all in for a treat:

Chaincoin                       11 hash (Blake, BMW, Grøstl, JH, Keccak, Skein, Luffa, Cubehash, SHAvite, SIMD, Echo)
XCoin (Darkcoin, Dash) 11 hash (Blake, BMW, Grøstl, Skein, JH, Keccak, Luffa, Cubehash, SHAvite, SIMD, Echo)

X11 = 11 discoveries

4 new discoveries..

11 > 4

so therefore it isn't as "good" as X11 lol  Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Pages: « 1 ... 5351 5352 5353 5354 5355 5356 5357 5358 5359 5360 5361 5362 5363 5364 5365 5366 5367 5368 5369 5370 5371 5372 5373 5374 5375 5376 5377 5378 5379 5380 5381 5382 5383 5384 5385 5386 5387 5388 5389 5390 5391 5392 5393 5394 5395 5396 5397 5398 5399 5400 [5401] 5402 5403 5404 5405 5406 5407 5408 5409 5410 5411 5412 5413 5414 5415 5416 5417 5418 5419 5420 5421 5422 5423 5424 5425 5426 5427 5428 5429 5430 5431 5432 5433 5434 5435 5436 5437 5438 5439 5440 5441 5442 5443 5444 5445 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: