Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:03:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 [570] 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722496 times)
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:49:37 AM

How many algos are even needed ?

It depends on what you "need them" for. If you want to take a risk in a single-point-of-failure approach, you can. If you want to improve your security, you can also. If you want to use the same tech as other coins, you can. If you want to differentiate yourself, you can also.

as i found out optimizing the hashing algo's this coin is cloned from lol
and guys have been optimizing them such as Unclebob and Neklizar and other guys.. some knowledge about what goes on in the scene would help guys lol

You are currently using like the 4th optimized version for this. The original miner was like 20 khash per thread on a wolfdale 2.4 and now I'm running on 41kh (sse2 only, no aes/avx).

you know what since VTC has dropped so hard in price and become flooded with new miners and has been out for ages (December) and yet is STILL more profitable (almost 3x)

3x? Huh

LTC (1mhash scrypt) is doing 0.0051 BTC per day (theoretical),
VTC is doing 0.0048 (at 450 kh scrypt N) (theoretical)
DRK is doing 3x scrypt (3 MHs) x 0.85 DRKs x 0.00142 = 0.0036

If you have older series cards, like 5xxx and 6xxx series it's possible to get 3.8x scrypt rather than 3x-3.3x hashrate over scrypt (=0.004586 profit)

If I factor the power cost, it's like 0.25$ /kwh here and if I need say 200w for DRK / 400w for scrypt, then I have a +4.8kw extra cost over a day (-1.2$, or -0.0024 BTC). So DRK ends up being more profitable.

I really can't see where numbers like "3x more profitable" come from. Even without factoring power cost, 3x is nowhere to be found. More like a few %.

i should mine some VTC or what ever else and simply BUY Dark coins if i am doing it "because they will be sooooo much more evaluable later" LOL
Which i am not Wink

lets here your response to that lol

Do you see anyone making suggestions here that you should buy DRK and that it'll go to the moon? Go to other threads and you'll see plenty of that crap, hype and people whining for losing their money.

The fundamentals of privacy are pretty clear, from an investment point of view: The transparent market is 10 bn market cap. The anonymous market is 3-4 mn market cap (1mn anoncoin / 3mn darkcoin). If even 1% of the transparent market moves to the private market, you have 100mn market cap right there. Whether it is spread over darkcoin, zerocoin, anononcoin or 5 of their clones, it doesn't really matter. When you have one option (transparency) and a new option is presented (privacy), the monopoly is broken and the growth potential of the new option (which could not be exercised up to now, forcing everyone to the monopoly-option of transparency) is "significant".

This coin was clearly based of some other coins (cloned) that suffer from some extreme Botnet problems.. when is that problem going to be fixed ?

1. No 32 bit mining client. Coins which play well on 32 & 64 bit systems are better for botnets.
2. GPU mining. CPU-only coins are the better option for botnets.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:54:36 AM

i am and know lots about it i have experimented with GCC/MingW flags etc for almost a year compiling cpu miners for QRK /SRC etc (as lots of people know)
and darkCoin-cpuminer-1.3 came with 5 optimized builds so no excuse..

Obviously they weren't fully optimized then, guess I was one of the lucky ones who get's full cpu usage.

He's actually the only one who has reported <100% cpu use. What he said about non-optimized clients are also "weird". A non-optimized client doesn't run at <100% cpu unless one specifies less threads etc. Instead it runs at 100% cpu but provides less hashpower. That's the way it goes. Optimization is really about making the cpu calculate something in less cpu cycles, not about how much you "load" the cpu with processing task. That's a given that it's always 100%, even at "idle priorities".
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 07:38:47 AM
Last edit: March 29, 2014, 08:42:36 AM by CHAOSiTEC

watching my CPU cores i see only partial usage too so that may explain the lower usage..
on average they are using 80% of my cores / threads i am testing 6 threads out of 8 leaving two idle for support for cgminer
and i am seeing between 65 and 87% fluctuating.. so maybe scrypt miners are simply coded to be more efficient ? accident ? lol

My current cpu usage mining DRK. Looks like you're not running the miner optimized for your cpu. I had the same problem.

So no not an accident just lack of research.

i am and know lots about it i have experimented with GCC/MingW flags etc for almost a year compiling cpu miners for QRK /SRC etc (as lots of people know)
and darkCoin-cpuminer-1.3 came with 5 optimized builds so no excuse..

if you can squeeze more out of the miner, your most welcome, im running it with -Ofast -march=native -funroll-loops - on linux someone experimented with gcc 4.9 and got a bit more power out of it, optimizations are not always "just" the code, its also alot to do with how well the compiler converts the source into executable code.

you keep implying that someone on the dev team is using "secret" unavailable miners to mine, well, believe what you want, people NOT connected to the devs have optimised the miners, use it, mine darkcoin, or mine something else, thats all up to you.

besides, using 6 out of 8 is 75% utilization of your cpu

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 08:59:32 AM

This coin was clearly based of some other coins (cloned) that suffer from some extreme Botnet problems.. when is that problem going to be fixed ?

Please fill me in, I'd like to know which coin this one is a clone of.

the on that used almost all the algo's BEFORE they did.. do your homework guys.
taking Quark for example (as i already said) and tacking on a couple more algo's to say it is different is bs .
it was done to say it was done.. clearly, well i guess not s o clearly to most of you blowing this guy who posted it lol

FUD first & ask questions later™
traumschiff
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

180 BPM

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 09:08:24 AM

taking Quark for example (as i already said) and tacking on a couple more algo's to say it is different is bs .
it was done to say it was done.. clearly, well i guess not s o clearly to most of you blowing this guy who posted it lol

Couldn't take someone seriously who writes rants like these: "Why Doge coin is bad = https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=461360"

LimLims

Activity: 1204
Merit: 272

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 09:15:54 AM

Couldn't take someone seriously who writes rants like these: "Why Doge coin is bad = https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=461360"

I kinda feel sorry for the guy, like the highlight of his day is bitching out some altcoin or other. I mean, kudos to him for caring enough to write these impassioned posts (even if I'd prefer a little less ad hom). But I think he needs his scam detector recalibrated.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 09:16:47 AM

It depends on what you "need them" for. If you want to take a risk in a single-point-of-failure approach, you can. If you want to improve your security, you can also. If you want to use the same tech as other coins, you can. If you want to differentiate yourself, you can also.

what i meant was you can simply comment out some of the code in the hashing algo function and it still hashes and faster there for giving you a potential advantage
and there for maybe someone already knew this ? its commented in much of the source code i have no doubt this coin was based on.
releasing a miner that is doing extra *useless work to me is a scammy method of screwing the public flash miners
while you flash mine with a massive advantage.. jeez guys do you even read the shit that rolls out of your mouths ? seriously
one guy just said the miner was was faaaaaaaar slower at launch and history has shown us that is a common method of fucking scamming gullable idiot fanboys.
most of you clearly don't have the faintest clue what stunts these coin cloners pull ..i do, i have been here for ages exposing them.

want me to run a few experiments and prove it ? already did a million times on similar coins and can easily do it for this one too.

and white papers are propaganda.. i don't read that crap, i look at the facts like source code ..it don't lie.
all i had to do is look at what hashing algo's were used on page 1..

ya ya argue lip me off then later come back and say ..ohhh yeah he's right afterwards right ? (like on the previous page)

knee jerk defensive reactions from people who don't know what their talking about..
if i have to go grab the source code and compare and take screenshots jamming it down your throats i am not going to be amused.
i know you all love being argumentative fanboys but gimme a break.

hyeoam

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 09:17:32 AM

Charts here: http://crypto-prices.com/DRK

Donate BTC: 1NRG17fYCNcfQvQHC3G9TUAowNKsM4oTWA
jioy

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 09:21:32 AM

hmm its working ok i guess but Vertcoin is 2x + more profitable to mine even while using more hardware on Dark coin for me. (what i was mining already)
and that ain't good because over time VTC has been dropping more and more getting harder to mine etc and yet it's far more profitable.
I based that on calculations with a 7950 gpu and a haswell 4770k cpu on Dark coin vs a 7950 and an nvidia 550ti on Vertcoin.
and based on pool estimates with both running similar pool code that i have found to be very accurate at guessing earnings on VTC
I think darkcoin is getting hammered.. a lot of miners mining
traumschiff
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 09:22:43 AM

I kinda feel sorry for the guy, like the highlight of his day is bitching out some altcoin or other. I mean, kudos to him for caring enough to write these impassioned posts (even if I'd prefer a little less ad hom). But I think he needs his scam detector recalibrated.

IDK why someone would just read/comment on bitcointalk just to troll and rant about altcoins. It's obvious he has a depressing life.

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 09:27:37 AM

i quoted you too see wow i win right ?

thanks for advertising my topic smart guy you sure showed me ..

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 09:30:12 AM

IDK why someone would just read/comment on bitcointalk just to troll and rant about altcoins. It's obvious he has a depressing life.

you defend them what does that say about you ? i bet your happy about life making such cash very money much lambo'z !!

why didn't you just post i am ugly and my mother dresses me funny ? is replying about the coins tech specs over your head son ?

traumschiff
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 09:30:49 AM

what i meant was you can simply comment out some of the code in the hashing algo function and it still hashes and faster there for giving you a potential advantage
and there for maybe someone already knew this ? its commented in much of the source code i have no doubt this coin was based on.
releasing a miner that is doing extra *useless work to me is a scammy method of screwing the public flash miners
while you flash mine with a massive advantage.. jeez guys do you even read the shit that rolls out of your mouths ? seriously
one guy just said the miner was was faaaaaaaar slower at launch and history has shown us that is a common method of fucking scamming gullable idiot fanboys.
most of you clearly don't have the faintest clue what stunts these coin cloners pull ..i do, i have been here for ages exposing them.

want me to run a few experiments and prove it ? already did a million times on similar coins and can easily do it for this one too.

and white papers are propaganda.. i don't read that crap, i look at the facts like source code ..it don't lie.
all i had to do is look at what hashing algo's were used on page 1..

ya ya argue lip me off then later come back and say ..ohhh yeah he's right afterwards right ? (like on the previous page)

knee jerk defensive reactions from people who don't know what their talking about..
if i have to go grab the source code and compare and take screenshots jamming it down your throats i am not going to be amused.
i know you all love being argumentative fanboys but gimme a break.

You literally sound like a 10 year old autist who got an internet connection on his gameboy. Please try to atleast look educated while trolling.

This coin has a fulltime dev who works nonstop on implementing features which not a single coin has so far.

Congrats btw because you are the first user I muted since I joined this forum around Dec.

igigme77

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 09:32:13 AM

Just sell a few more, come on - you're nearly at my buy point for today...... Wink

Prices will rise,
It then you sell it when, can earn profit!
Good luck.
 Smiley Smiley

Let's flower the moon. SPgwHfAkcrRb5uA6MSbujpaEYtwdxzanxk
Energycoin - Save Energy, Pure POS (Free IPO). eAXEjvLGMYA6N8ujGqHL9ZFScZPYqt5Z3o
traumschiff
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 09:32:19 AM

you defend them what does that say about you ? i bet your happy about life making such cash very money lambo'z !!

why didn't you just post i am ugly and my mother dresses me funny ? is replying about the coins tech specs over your head son ?

I'm not making money on coins, I am actually working for my money and mining/trading as a hobby. Calling someone son on the internet just again shows how a sad person you are.

CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 09:34:21 AM

yeah im wondering why he is being so "nice" as to warn others, i really have  no clue why he is wasting his energy, if he think its a scamming job, well, then why does he stick around, why not just go find something else to mine. we have our reason for why we like this coin, our believes, are ours alone, he can believe whatever he likes, but the point is still the same, find a coin you want to mine, or dont, but to presume everything is a scam, well. besides, litecoin is also a copy of another coin, if we have to look at it this way. the reasoning for the hashing algos, that is quite clear, there are not infinte numbers of proven secure hasing methods available.
the reasoning those 11 where chosen, to keep the asics at bay for longer.

traumschiff
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 09:37:24 AM

yeah im wondering why he is being so "nice" as to warn others, i really have  no clue why he is wasting his energy, if he think its a scamming job, well, then why does he stick around, why not just go find something else to mine. we have our reason for why we like this coin, our believes, are ours alone, he can believe whatever he likes, but the point is still the same, find a coin you want to mine, or dont, but to presume everything is a scam, well. besides, litecoin is also a copy of another coin, if we have to look at it this way. the reasoning for the hashing algos, that is quite clear, there are not infinte numbers of proven secure hasing methods available.

Also he is ranting eternally about dogecoins. Even though we all know that its a clone there is also one thing obvious: that coin has a marketing value far above anything else that crypto-s could show so far. It takes everything positive about humanity and puts it into a crypto that is working for itself.

And there is this guy who just shit talks it with terrible grammar and even proudly puts it into his signature.

igigme77

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 09:38:06 AM

I wonder if I should buy any more than I already have...

Of course
Now is a good time to invest!
Buy buy buy
Don't hesitate.

Let's flower the moon. SPgwHfAkcrRb5uA6MSbujpaEYtwdxzanxk
Energycoin - Save Energy, Pure POS (Free IPO). eAXEjvLGMYA6N8ujGqHL9ZFScZPYqt5Z3o
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 09:39:14 AM

Also he is ranting eternally about dogecoins. Even though we all know that its a clone there is also one thing obvious: that coin has a marketing value far above anything else that crypto-s could show so far. It takes everything positive about humanity and puts it into a crypto that is working for itself.

And there is this guy who just shit talks it with terrible grammar and even proudly puts it into his signature.

advancement alone does not make a coin, marketing also needs to be done right, and, that is where doge did right, besides, look at human history.. betamax vs vhs did the better win, or did marketing win... you can find dosen of those

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 09:39:24 AM

congrats on insulting me endlessly because i highlighted how much of the coin is just like others.. aka: a clone.

butthurt much ? Source code don't lie kids trolling or not.. which i am not just stating the obvious and verifiable and ya'll gotta play dumb games about it.

being a cheer leader doesn't mean your better at c++ than me sorry neither does insulting me like a 10 tear old child.
i'm busy eating now but i think i will go grab the source code and compare it to the million code bases i have already.
then i can screenshot the recycled / copied code so you guys can't keep arguing calling me a poo poo face...

blow a coin cloner or your a troll ? lol i already knew that Wink this ain't my first dance lol

Pages: « 1 ... 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 [570] 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: