Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 01:19:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6960 6961 6962 6963 6964 6965 6966 6967 6968 6969 6970 6971 6972 6973 6974 6975 6976 6977 6978 6979 6980 6981 6982 6983 6984 6985 6986 6987 6988 6989 6990 6991 6992 6993 6994 6995 6996 6997 6998 6999 7000 7001 7002 7003 7004 7005 7006 7007 7008 7009 [7010] 7011 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722497 times)
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
September 14, 2023, 09:20:27 PM
Merited by afbitcoins (1)

There is an open invitation to both of you to join the Incubator weekly on Monday and put forward your side of the argument, ie why this is a bad proposal.  The podcast is a paid segment, you will be able to claim a 3 Dash bounty for your time, but more importantly, you will be given a forum to explain this to the broader community and hopefully save Dash (in your eyes) from this folly.  Please contact Amanda on the Discord, or DM the DashIncubator handle on the sub reddit, or leave a comment on the youtube link and let them know you wish to appear on the show and set the matter straight.  I look forward to hearing from one of you.  Grin

What's wrong with simply acknowledging that mining is a decentralised market ? Does something that fundamental really have to be explained on a podcast ?

It's why "mining" was created - to distribute the coin to "buyers" without recourse to a trusted entity such as Binance. It's also why it's called the "primary" market because it's where coins are "purchased" for the first time. The buyer purchases electricity, the electric company supplies it, the buyer then feeds that to the network as a bid and receives coin according to the level of their bid.

"Dash" is not paying the electric company anything, the market buyer is because that is the currency of the primary, trustless market. If you feed coin into that market at zero difficulty (i.e. masternodes receive it) you simply circumvent that market, thereby tanking the price.

What exactly is so difficult to understand about this for certain Dash people when EVERY OTHER POW coin understands it ? Even POS people understand it because they realise that if they don't have mining they need an on-chain business model.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2023, 01:20:25 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2023, 05:29:07 PM by afbitcoins

This is hilarious. The last re-allocation worked so well that lets do more of it.

Roll Eyes

Did you delete posts so yours would be top of the most recent page, pushing mine to the end of the previous page ? Haha same back to you  Grin
Its quite a pitiful gesture to be honest, does anyone even come here anymore?

No, not at all, I've never deleted a post, but I see many others do.

There is an open invitation to both of you to join the Incubator weekly on Monday and put forward your side of the argument, ie why this is a bad proposal.  The podcast is a paid segment, you will be able to claim a 3 Dash bounty for your time, but more importantly, you will be given a forum to explain this to the broader community and hopefully save Dash (in your eyes) from this folly.  Please contact Amanda on the Discord, or DM the DashIncubator handle on the sub reddit, or leave a comment on the youtube link and let them know you wish to appear on the show and set the matter straight.  I look forward to hearing from one of you.  Grin

I won't be accepting that invitation to your podcast but its to your credit you seem willing to try and understand why this is a bad idea (on the surface at least). Its strange to me that people can't grasp it. I don't see whats hard to understand.

As soon as Ryan Taylor's first reward 'adjustment' was made I sold my entire Dash position. I felt forced out !

If or when a day comes where the reward is swung firmly into POW realm I'll buy Dash again and be very happy to. Simply not pushing through this latest proposal is nowhere near enough.

I'm talking 80% POW, 10% treasury, 10% Masternodes, something in that ballpark. While we're at it lets get rid of chainlocks. the most harmful thing it has contributed is a belief that we don't need POW

I'm not holding my breath. I still follow Dash because I always loved this coin going back to the darkcoin days. But I don't expect those circumstances I favour will materialise.

edit- Just to add I don't think Masternode owners would be punished in that scenario I just mentioned. Everyone would benefit from a more valuable token, including masternode owners who would enjoy the value of their collateral rising immensely. Capital gains would dwarf what they get as income now.
xkcdd

Activity: 214
Merit: 24

View Profile
September 17, 2023, 05:55:19 AM

What's wrong with simply acknowledging that mining is a decentralised market ? Does something that fundamental really have to be explained on a podcast ?

Yes, because the opposing side seems equally fundamental and obvious, that is why we discuss those things.  It seems that you have expressed interest in putting forward this point of view to the community and I applaud that look forward to hearing it.

As soon as Ryan Taylor's first reward 'adjustment' was made I sold my entire Dash position. I felt forced out !

Many others did and as they did the price continued to fall and Taylor's work was undone.  Add to that Binance spinning up 270 nodes using customer funds completely stole the entire first year of reallocation benefits meaning there was no increase in ROI for MNs only selling from disgruntled holders so the feedback loop continued!  My only criticism of Taylor's proposal at the time was that it did too little and was too slow and this turned out to be true and why it appears to have been a failure.

I still follow Dash because I always loved this coin going back to the darkcoin days.

Me too, at least we have that much in common.  Smiley

I'm talking 80% POW, 10% treasury, 10% Masternodes, something in that ballpark. While we're at it lets get rid of chainlocks.

This would kill the coin, once the yield is gone, the capital would be sold en-masse and the price would be obliterated, the dev team would become completely unfunded and leave we'd fall off the CMC and enter the realm of the zombie coins like peercoin, feathercoin, megacoin, namecoin and countless others.

Staking rewards is a key feature of Dash since it is pure DeFi and trustless, no rug, it is distinct advantage over the more centralised DeFi options.  Paying for our independent dev team is crucial in ensuring the code base is not only maintained, but also innovating forward, kill that off and the community will soon leave and finally the miners will leave as the value plummets.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
September 18, 2023, 11:48:12 PM

This would kill the coin, once the yield is gone, the capital would be sold en-masse and the price would be obliterated

This has already occurred - propelled on in no small measure by the reward ratio adjustment of 3 years ago in favour of masternodes. Yield must be measured in $USD, not Dash because the yield is on the invested capital (which is $USD). This means capital loss on the masternode collateral has far more to say about "yield" than masternode rewards do while they are denominated in Dash. In the current circumstances therefore, the yield is negative and if we increase masternode rewards at the expense of providing value for money to primary market buyers - it will go even more negative IMO.

("Obliteration" in most market observers eyes is being wiped off Page 1 of coinmarketcap.com which is now happening to us).

What we must do IMO is restore the Dash blockchain's capacity to absorb capital which has been throttled by the the need to fund unearned masternode profits and treasury budgets at all costs. Conversely, those budgets will be restored with the stabilisation - and the growth - of the capital value of the coin.
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2023, 07:54:50 AM
Merited by nutildah (4)

Yes, because the opposing side seems equally fundamental and obvious, that is why we discuss those things.  It seems that you have expressed interest in putting forward this point of view to the community and I applaud that look forward to hearing it.

Many others did and as they did the price continued to fall and Taylor's work was undone.  Add to that Binance spinning up 270 nodes using customer funds completely stole the entire first year of reallocation benefits meaning there was no increase in ROI for MNs only selling from disgruntled holders so the feedback loop continued!  My only criticism of Taylor's proposal at the time was that it did too little and was too slow and this turned out to be true and why it appears to have been a failure.

I still follow Dash because I always loved this coin going back to the darkcoin days.

Me too, at least we have that much in common.  Smiley

I'm talking 80% POW, 10% treasury, 10% Masternodes, something in that ballpark. While we're at it lets get rid of chainlocks.

This would kill the coin, once the yield is gone, the capital would be sold en-masse and the price would be obliterated, the dev team would become completely unfunded and leave we'd fall off the CMC and enter the realm of the zombie coins like peercoin, feathercoin, megacoin, namecoin and countless others.

Staking rewards is a key feature of Dash since it is pure DeFi and trustless, no rug, it is distinct advantage over the more centralised DeFi options.  Paying for our independent dev team is crucial in ensuring the code base is not only maintained, but also innovating forward, kill that off and the community will soon leave and finally the miners will leave as the value plummets.

Oh come on. its because people like me sold? that proposal passed with thousands of yes votes and about 2 no votes! Ridiculous argument
binance spinning up masternodes and stealing the reward.

I'm going to tune out of this ridiculousness now. Good luck with it
gadado2

Activity: 31
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 27, 2023, 02:46:19 PM

For what it's worth....

After being a long time holder I am out of DASH too.
With the price deciline and Evolution never comming I gradualy reduced my positions over the last years.

After V19 and when DASH fell out of the TOP 100 it was the signal for me to leave completly.
So over the last months and weeks I slowly reduced my Dash positions with the aim to have them all gone by end of this years.
Due to an unforseen event I am ahead of this shedule and I am already sold out now.

I never thought DASH for me will end like this. But sorry to say this but you can not talk about Evolution for years and years and never bring it out. If you bring this now it is too late. Nothing will change anymore.

Really loved the speed in transactions and the privacy feature which I really used. For legal things only. But I value my privacy.
And whenever I have to do a Bitcoin transactions this days..I so hate it! Really hate it.
Cryptocoins had been so much better with DASH.

About the reward debate. I analysed this myself once from an other angle and tok is somewhat correct when saying it devaluates the coin price but not for the reason he gives. And it is also not a strong effect and could have easily be countered with new developments in time  and selling/marketing. Anything that had indicated progression in the market.

Things are as they are.
I feel sad to had to give DASH up after so long but I can not allow emotions to fog financial decitions.

A reminder: Bitcoinhalfing is next spring/summer.

So for those newer ppl ... in the past Bitcoinhalfing always triggered a price rise for the months after the halfing.
The reason is simple.. the earnings in Bitcoin is halfed but the mining costs (dominated by the price of electricity) stays the same. This inbalance tends to equalize. So that is still a good bet/chance in cryptocurrency. But you know just because it always did that in the past this doesn't mean it will do this too this time.
Never invest more than you can affort to lose.

So long.
All the best to those that stay with DASH.

It was a nice ride and an experience!
xkcdd

View Profile
September 30, 2023, 07:17:56 PM

Catch up on the Dash Retreat in Utah, all the details are on this Medium page.

https://dashincubator.medium.com/join-the-2023-dashretreat-1a32fc1d730f
Waelsakr1

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2023, 04:56:24 AM

Hi
I want to make masternode on allnodes.com with my ledger , i want to aske for the site is safe?
xkcdd

View Profile
October 16, 2023, 03:59:46 AM

Hi
I want to make masternode on allnodes.com with my ledger , i want to aske for the site is safe?

The site is well respected, however it makes Dash very centralised, please consider self hosting your masternode.  There are tools to make it super easy.

https://www.dashmate.org/

https://www.dash.org/forum/index.php?threads/dash-masternode-zeus-replacement-for-dashman.51618/ (preferred)

Project's GitHub address: https://github.com/Bertrand256/dash-masternode-tool
Binaries: https://github.com/Bertrand256/dash-masternode-tool/releases
DASH.org

Activity: 11

View Profile
October 18, 2023, 05:11:05 AM

Hi

100% Safe!
I myself have been using allnodes.com for a long time
DASH.org

View Profile
October 18, 2023, 05:45:33 AM

Hi

The site is well respected, however it makes Dash very centralised, please consider self hosting your masternode.  There are tools to make it super easy.

https://www.dashmate.org/

https://www.dash.org/forum/index.php?threads/dash-masternode-zeus-replacement-for-dashman.51618/ (preferred)

Project's GitHub address: https://github.com/Bertrand256/dash-masternode-tool
Binaries: https://github.com/Bertrand256/dash-masternode-tool/releases
allnodes.com on this site 4 steps and done, everything is simple, clear and 100% safe!
Your proposed options: dashmate, dash-masternode-zeus-r are absolutely not clear and complicated.
Pang.

Activity: 257
Merit: 20

View Profile
November 02, 2023, 10:08:06 AM
Merited by nutildah (6)

Dash's valuation performance has clearly been a disaster. The excuse that we have experienced a bearish period is not valid, since we have lost more than 30 positions of capitalization. in a few months

The currency works perfectly, so nothing can be blamed on this part, however the social interest in acquiring, possessing, or using dash is minimal.

New users to this universe are not only not interested in Dash, they don't even know it exists.

What was a top 5 years ago is now approaching position 150 in the market, and is at historic lows with respect to BTC.

Nothing that would not have been anticipated here. It doesn't matter if there are internal fights between nodes or super nodes, if DCG deserves a vote of confidence or not...

The biggest problem I see is that being a currency with usability well above average, no one uses it. And that is our failure.

I keep my node purchased many years ago at $15 and assume that I will soon lose that investment. It is a lesser evil, especially considering those people who trusted Dash investing at $500, $250 or even $80... prices that I highly doubt we will see again unless real interest is generated in the asset.

good luck, I'll go back to $15 or $100
DASH.org

View Profile
November 23, 2023, 05:51:15 PM

Today someone transferred 55 BITCOINS and paid a fee.
(network transaction cost)
83 BTC !!!

Transaction hash:
b5a2af5845a8d3796308ff9840e567b14cf6bb158ff26c999e6f9a1f5448f9aa

https://blockchair.com/ru/bitcoin/transaction/b5a2af5845a8d3796308ff9840e567b14cf6bb158ff26c999e6f9a1f5448f9aa

Remind everyone that the transaction cost on the DASH network is only a few cents!!!
DASH.org

View Profile
December 12, 2023, 03:57:54 AM
Last edit: December 12, 2023, 08:50:15 AM by DASH.org

In the movie " Dumb Money " based on the true events of GameStop Corporation
8 million social media users bought and held GME shares.
This increased the price by 120 times!

11.57 million DASH mined so far A total of 4709 addresses contain 8876026 DASH, which is 76.67%
🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳

If 1-3 million people buy 10-100 DASH
and at the same time the coins will be withdrawn on January 19, 2024
from exchanges to your own wallet, then the price will fly into space! 🚀
No exchange has an abundance of real DASH coins.
There is no DASH in your exchange wallets,
these are just numbers and often on credit (greenyjoe example).

Offering for DASH's 10th Anniversary which will take place on January 19, 2024
Organize a "DASH Key Proof Day" withdraw your coins to your own wallet, the keys to which belong only to You!

PS. Since January 2018, Binance has been mercilessly shorting DASH...
DASH is the most undervalued and technologically advanced asset. Millions of social network users
You have a chance to make history!
P.P.S. "DASH Proof of Keys Day" like Bitcoin every year On
owners withdraw from exchanges to check the actual availability of coins and check the keys to their own non-exchange wallet.

Binance holds 270,000 DASH coins, but they are your coins and many people hold them there on staking.
On January 19, 2024, take your coins away from them and see the price go up!

The point is to withdraw DASH from all exchanges to your own wallet and only then it will be your personal and real DASH coins.
January 19, 2024

Binance is manipulating and destroying the price of DASH. The short start from 2018.
76.67% of DASH coins are consolidated in single hands, distributed among a few big players.
DASH is a high-tech and undervalued coin that has limitless potential!
Get your piece of the pie!!!
DASH.org

View Profile
December 12, 2023, 10:12:00 PM

DASH hard fork will occur around December 14th, at block 1987776
DASH.org

View Profile
December 14, 2023, 11:36:23 AM

Please update all your Dash Core 20.0.2 wallets to the latest version
https://github.com/dashpay/dash/releases
DASH.org

View Profile
December 14, 2023, 12:18:50 PM
Last edit: December 15, 2023, 05:36:06 AM by DASH.org

The DASH hard fork on block 1987776 was successful!
DASH.org

View Profile
December 18, 2023, 03:22:50 AM

Masternodes are making profits today:
allnodes.com 10.04% APR 🔥
app.crowdnode.io 8.19% APR 👍
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4883

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
December 18, 2023, 03:51:08 AM

Masternodes are making profits today:
allnodes.com 10.04% APR 🔥
app.crowdnode.io 8.19% APR 👍

Big surprise, scam fork gives profit to scammers.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
hilaluya

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 13, 2024, 11:03:42 AM

more than 300 pairs of exchange of Dash with fiat, stablecoins, and other cryptographies.

Average daily volume of more than 300 million dollars.

A daily average that exceeds 10,000 transactions.

You may be right, but not only capitalization will mark whether a coin is used or not.

What if I accept and share, is that if the capitalization does not gain traction, the financing will get worse and worse, and therefore the media will be reduced entering a death spiral.

Imagine Dash at $ 10. It may not disappear, but I doubt that Ryan can afford his monthly luxuries at those prices, he will abandon ship and look for another project that allows him to improve his situation.

In the meantime, the master nodes will have been ruined, and the mine will have been abandoned for being unprofitable.

Will this happen?
Pages: « 1 ... 6960 6961 6962 6963 6964 6965 6966 6967 6968 6969 6970 6971 6972 6973 6974 6975 6976 6977 6978 6979 6980 6981 6982 6983 6984 6985 6986 6987 6988 6989 6990 6991 6992 6993 6994 6995 6996 6997 6998 6999 7000 7001 7002 7003 7004 7005 7006 7007 7008 7009 [7010] 7011 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: