Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:47:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6946 6947 6948 6949 6950 6951 6952 6953 6954 6955 6956 6957 6958 6959 6960 6961 6962 6963 6964 6965 6966 6967 6968 6969 6970 6971 6972 6973 6974 6975 6976 6977 6978 6979 6980 6981 6982 6983 6984 6985 6986 6987 6988 6989 6990 6991 6992 6993 6994 6995 [6996] 6997 6998 6999 7000 7001 7002 7003 7004 7005 7006 7007 7008 7009 7010 7011 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722518 times)
r_victory

Activity: 1927
Merit: 332

English<->Pt-BR - Professional Translations(90+)

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2022, 12:58:29 AM

Dash Core Group Q4 2021 Quarterly Call

The Dash Core Team will share the recent updates about the product development progress, marketing, and business development efforts made during the last quarter.

The call will take place on Thursday, the 3rd of February 2022 at 15:00 UTC.

Link to the Youtube live stream: https://youtu.be/ZNiYAd2XODg

Translations from English to Portuguese at affordable prices. Send me a PM here on the forum or contact me via Telegram: @cryptoheart

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xkcdd

Activity: 214
Merit: 24

View Profile
February 03, 2022, 01:17:11 AM

Tears for Tok. Cry   https://blockworks.co/sources-in-win-for-crypto-stakers-irs-says-untraded-tokens-are-tax-free/  Meanwhile Tokenonormal was paying taxes on unrealised gains in 2018 for coins minted in 2017.  Grin  That is what put him on this sour and hateful path in the first instance.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
February 03, 2022, 01:40:04 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2022, 02:12:55 PM by toknormal

Tears for Tok. Cry   https://blockworks.co/sources-in-win-for-crypto-stakers-irs-says-untraded-tokens-are-tax-free/  Meanwhile Tokenonormal was paying taxes on unrealised gains in 2018 for coins minted in 2017.  Grin  That is what put him on this sour and hateful path in the first instance.

That remark seems a bit desperate, even for you.

For a start, even if it were relevant I'm not in that jurisdiction. The statutory compliance sourced sell pressure applies to any income stream that doesn't have costs that can be offset against. So it categorically impacts Dash to a far greater extent than any other mined coin.

I won't complain if this "let off" is applied more widely but it was never the reason I opposed the reward ratio configuration.

That was in opposition to the "miners are forced to sell" mantra, since they are not net sellers given that they have a primary market buy to match each coin they sell (which masternode rewards do not).
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2022, 04:52:20 PM

Nobody posted a link to this in here.

Dash Platform Team Sprint 75 Review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8Jel6udSQk
coinman76

Activity: 247
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 10, 2022, 06:53:25 AM

Just in case any of you here expect a refund from Altilly. If you don't have all their deposit confirmation emails, they give you nothing. That's a scam.

Altilly Exchange FAKE Refunds, Possible Exit Scam https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5385112.0
Pang.

Activity: 257
Merit: 20

View Profile
February 10, 2022, 11:30:26 AM
Last edit: February 11, 2022, 09:22:27 AM by Pang.

Nobody posted a link to this in here.

Dash Platform Team Sprint 75 Review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8Jel6udSQk

we need incentivize masternodes to provide platform services.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2022, 02:15:50 PM

Tanking the ROI on their collateral due to pushing the reward ratio way past the point of diminishing returns does not seem to be a very optimal way of doing that.

We are number 82 and falling. Soon be a Page 2 crypto.

DCG now pulling an impressive global audience of all of 45 people for the quarterly report. (They should contract my local street busker to present it. He has a bigger pull).

xkcdd

View Profile
February 10, 2022, 04:01:06 PM

Tanking the ROI on their collateral due to pushing the reward ratio way past the point of diminishing returns does not seem to be a very optimal way of doing that.

We are number 82 and falling. Soon be a Page 2 crypto.

DCG now pulling an impressive global audience of all of 45 people for the quarterly report. (They should contract my local street busker to present it. He has a bigger pull).

I agree with you that the falling ROI will result in more masternodes leaving the network, I believe we should divert more of the network rewards to the Masternodes to subsidise them and slow this trend.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2022, 07:16:03 PM

I agree with you that the falling ROI will result in more masternodes leaving the network, I believe we should divert more of the network rewards to the Masternodes to subsidise them and slow this trend.

Well, being that you're the poster-boy for Dash recklessness I would expect nothing less  Wink
Pang.

View Profile
February 14, 2022, 05:29:32 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2022, 05:59:46 PM by Pang.

Well, being that you're the poster-boy for Dash recklessness I would expect nothing less  Wink

@toknormal, it seems that they are looking for a substitute for Ryan. I think you should submit your candidacy.

It seems unbelievable that so many years have had to pass for this fact to arise right now.

DCG's proposal on not voting on this quarter's budget is very interesting.

Thanks to this, we can know the voting power that DCG has and who really pulls the strings of this coin.

If the budget for DCG goes through, there is no doubt that they have somehow monopolized the voting power, and the currency is useless in the long term, since it will not be able to evolve for the user, it will only do so for the DCG.

Possibly, I will sell my nodes if I see that DCG continues to have full support in its financing proposals, since it is a dead end.
xkcdd

View Profile
February 14, 2022, 07:26:38 PM

Well, being that you're the poster-boy for Dash recklessness I would expect nothing less  Wink

@toknormal, it seems that they are looking for a substitute for Ryan. I think you should submit your candidacy.

It seems unbelievable that so many years have had to pass for this fact to arise right now.

Thanks to this, we can know the voting power that DCG has and who really pulls the strings of this coin.

If the budget for DCG goes through, there is no doubt that they have somehow monopolized the voting power, and the currency is useless in the long term, since it will not be able to evolve for the user, it will only do so for the DCG.

Possibly, I will sell my nodes if I see that DCG continues to have full support in its financing proposals, since it is a dead end.

Thank you for mentioning this Pang, and please if you can support by voting NO on the DCG Compo proposal, that would be amazing and to anyone else, Tok, please vote NO to DCG Compo proposal this month to send the message that the MNOs would like Ryan to announce a transition plan as he steps down from role of CEO.

Cheers !
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2022, 12:05:26 AM

This is the first I've heard of any of this corporate intrigue and backroom staff struggles (I'm not on Discord and for that exact reason).

Sounds like golf club politics. There must be a woman involved, that's all I can say  Wink
Alexey45

Activity: 204
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 15, 2022, 06:21:26 AM

Go beg Elon Musk to install the wallet on his smartphone and show it to everyone on Twitter.
Make a publicity stunt for the world!
Pang.

View Profile
February 15, 2022, 08:14:04 AM

This is the first I've heard of any of this corporate intrigue and backroom staff struggles (I'm not on Discord and for that exact reason).

Sounds like golf club politics. There must be a woman involved, that's all I can say  Wink

I am not in Discord either. Nor anywhere where a moderator can delete or censor my comments.

Every democratic dictatorship begins in a subtle way and uses prohibition as a banner for the common good, and ends up becoming a destructive hell of fundamental rights such as freedom of expression itself.

In any case, Toknormal, be clear that if the underlying problem were the fault of a woman, it is evident that you or I could solve it quickly given our attributes of masculine attraction to them.

Unfortunately, DCG promises and doesn't deliver, and a woman doesn't like that, and in the long run she ends up looking for another boyfriend who satisfies her without using postponements as an excuse.

All the best
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2022, 11:26:13 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2022, 12:24:24 PM by toknormal

I am not in Discord either. Nor anywhere where a moderator can delete or censor my comments.

Every democratic dictatorship begins in a subtle way and uses prohibition as a banner for the common good, and ends up becoming a destructive hell of fundamental rights such as freedom of expression itself.

The rot set in for Dash when toxic discord carried out the coup on TaoOfSatoshi moderated Discord which until that point had been a fairly broad church. It was all downhill from there as the centre of mass of policy making tipped into a MN whale / DCG dominated axis who's centrifugal force threw off all known creatives, visionaries and challenges to core Dash orthodoxies such as "give as much free Dash to masternodes as humanly possibly even if they do nothing to earn it and even if it chronically tanks the marketcap".

That has left us where we are today: with an endemic economic problem, golf club politics and a number 80 ranking.

No amount of "marketing" can counteract the undermining effect of feeding coin to holders en-masse at zero price. It's simply a corruption of the core business model of mined crypto and problems will remain until those headwinds are lifted.

Store-of-value 101 for mined coins. Understood by everyone except a tiny exclusive group of Dash holders and policy makers.
xkcdd

View Profile
February 15, 2022, 12:09:32 PM

The rot set in for Dash when toxic discord carried out the coup on TaoOfSatoshi moderated Discord which until that point had been a fairly broad church. It was all downhill from there as the centre of mass of policy making tipped into a MN whale / DCG dominated axis who's centrifugal force threw off all known creatives, visionaries and challenges to core Dash orthodoxies such as "give as much free Dash to masternodes as humanly possibly even if they do nothing to earn it and even if it chronically tanks the marketcap".

That has left us where we are today: with an endemic economic problem, golf club politics and number 80.

No amount of "marketing" can counteract the undermining effect of feeding coin to holders en-masse at zero price. It's simply a corruption of the core business model of mined crypto and problems will remain until those headwinds are lifted.

Store-of-value 101 for mined coins. Understood by everyone except a tiny exclusive group of Dash holders and policy makers.

So...  You are in support of us or not?  I am confused on this one.  Please recall that it was Ryan that introduced the flawed economic model that you hate so much and it is Ryan that we are requesting be stood down as CEO of DCG.  Are we not aligned on this issue, Tok?
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2022, 12:39:17 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2022, 02:32:41 PM by toknormal

So...  You are in support of us or not?  I am confused on this one.  Please recall that it was Ryan that introduced the flawed economic model that you hate so much and it is Ryan that we are requesting be stood down as CEO of DCG.  Are we not aligned on this issue, Tok?

No we are not.

Ryan is a manager. Ok it was his suggested policy and I didn't agree with it but at least he had one. My problem is with the masternodes not understanding the core business model behind their own investments and the nature of the fundamental capital flows that underpin it. In particular the role of "hashrate" as a currency medium in its primary market and the role of miners as "brokers" rather than sellers.

I would imagine being CEO of DCG is somewhat of a no-win thankless task. Lots of bureaucratic drudgery, hiring and firing of people, studying the minutiae of regulatory compliance frameworks, structuring companies and so forth. I can't see many people wanting to do it with such sustained dedication.

Looks to me like DCG signed NDAs with partners and Ryan was simply trying to plug leaks so they wouldn't be exposed to contractural litigation. I'd probably be over-paranoid about that too if I was in that position, specially as the CEO. So he ran a tight ship with regard to leaks and talking to the press. Who cares ? It's not exactly a firing offence - we can all see what's happening to Dash in the markets and the developers have at least given a good account of themselves. Professional due diligence vs golf club politics.

The bottom line is this: none of this really matters very much when the protocol already wastes nearly $2 million per week trying to incentivise stakeholders through an income stream which simultaneously drains the primary market of the bids that collateralise the capital value of their holdings. To win, Dash must deploy ALL the firepower at its disposal, every last ounce of it. There is no room for unearned income and anyway the "unearned income" that DCG and other contractors get is nothing compared to the unearned income of the masternode network.

Changing the CEO isn't going to change that.
Pang.

View Profile
February 19, 2022, 08:32:01 PM

It seems that as I intuited. DCG's budget proposal will go through smoothly this month.

It is evident, and much to my regret, that there is a clear centralization of votes in the Dash MN network, since there are whales that always move more than 200 votes in favor of DCG, and that is a sign that there is a small error in decentralization.

I understand that it is nobody's fault that there are whales with hundreds of nodes, since it is their money and their risk. But think for a moment that these whales have an economic and friendship link with DCG. This would mean that no matter what happened, DCG would always receive support, even with a conflict of interest in the face of perhaps more interesting projects that should be financed.

When I see things like this, I think of a father who has a big business and who wants his "dumb" son to continue the business in front of brilliant employees who could do it better than his own son. But the father loves his son, and in the long run when his son governs, the company will die because it is no longer competitive.

A shame. I've never considered getting rid of my MNs, but right now, it's the first time in a long time that I've seen a big, hard-to-fix problem. And I'm not talking about Dash's current performance, I'm talking about future conflicts of interest that are likely to appear in the future and could push out Dash's talent in favor of mediocrity.

All the best
xkcdd

View Profile
February 20, 2022, 03:21:07 AM

It seems that as I intuited. DCG's budget proposal will go through smoothly this month.

It is evident, and much to my regret, that there is a clear centralization of votes in the Dash MN network, since there are whales that always move more than 200 votes in favor of DCG, and that is a sign that there is a small error in decentralization.

I understand that it is nobody's fault that there are whales with hundreds of nodes, since it is their money and their risk. But think for a moment that these whales have an economic and friendship link with DCG. This would mean that no matter what happened, DCG would always receive support, even with a conflict of interest in the face of perhaps more interesting projects that should be financed.

When I see things like this, I think of a father who has a big business and who wants his "dumb" son to continue the business in front of brilliant employees who could do it better than his own son. But the father loves his son, and in the long run when his son governs, the company will die because it is no longer competitive.

A shame. I've never considered getting rid of my MNs, but right now, it's the first time in a long time that I've seen a big, hard-to-fix problem. And I'm not talking about Dash's current performance, I'm talking about future conflicts of interest that are likely to appear in the future and could push out Dash's talent in favor of mediocrity.

All the best

Pang, you raise some good points and like you I am dismayed that the DCG_Compo proposal appears to be passing.  The issue as I see it is that there are too few good men left in Dash.  All the people that would have voted NO on this proposal with us have already sold and left.  This leaves a concentration of fools that actually agree with the (in)actions of the DCG CEO Ryan Taylor.  It is really hard getting the required votes to make the change.  What I expect will happen is if this proposal passes, some of the NO voters will give and up sell and DCG's approval rating will rise.  Ryan will celebrate himself and point to the super majority of yes votes as confirmation he is doing a great job.
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2022, 12:30:36 AM

Ok it was his suggested policy and I didn't agree with it but at least he had one.

You are too kind to him.  Lets face it he should have been booted out for leading dash in the complete wrong direction, yonks ago. Yes it was an idea. A shit idea. And dash has well and truly paid for it

That shit idea was what persuaded me to sell out.

If the community would have listened to toknormal things would be very different. Tok for economic leadership (and not management).

Page 7000!

Pages: « 1 ... 6946 6947 6948 6949 6950 6951 6952 6953 6954 6955 6956 6957 6958 6959 6960 6961 6962 6963 6964 6965 6966 6967 6968 6969 6970 6971 6972 6973 6974 6975 6976 6977 6978 6979 6980 6981 6982 6983 6984 6985 6986 6987 6988 6989 6990 6991 6992 6993 6994 6995 [6996] 6997 6998 6999 7000 7001 7002 7003 7004 7005 7006 7007 7008 7009 7010 7011 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: