Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:19:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 [1788] 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722497 times)
TsuyokuNaritai

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 01:48:02 PM

Is mintpall the best place to buy some coins.
Yes.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
naxin

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 01:53:51 PM

Is mintpall the best place to buy some coins. Trying to get about 5 aweek thz
The only exchange I would consider besides mintpal would be bitfinex. I used to be an ardent cryptsy user, but I've since withdrawn all my coins and moved them to mintpal.
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 01:59:40 PM

Where and How Huh

What's the exchange that's allowing to short DRK? Please share!

Thanks!

I just meant that I was "short" as opposed to "long" - I switched out of DRK into BTC.

I'm not shorting in the true sense of borrowing lots of DRK to sell and then payback to the lender, keeping the BTC profit after the fall if that's what you mean.

Good luck staying in BTC
when that auction goes off 27th June
http://www.coindesk.com/18-million-worth-of-silk-road-bitcoin-to-be-sold-by-us-government/
BTC will crash big time
better to stay in DRK …. that only can go up …. up … up ……>>
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:03:02 PM

1 Trillion Dollars a year estimate for "private" transactions taking place around the globe...

As I've said before, that is my only chart reading. And those who dont get that... thank you very much!!
GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:07:24 PM

Where and How Huh

Thanks!

I just meant that I was "short" as opposed to "long" - I switched out of DRK into BTC.

I'm not shorting in the true sense of borrowing lots of DRK to sell and then payback to the lender, keeping the BTC profit after the fall if that's what you mean.

Good luck staying in BTC
http://www.coindesk.com/18-million-worth-of-silk-road-bitcoin-to-be-sold-by-us-government/
BTC will crash big time

How can 18 million impact and 8 billion market that much, except for FUD & Panic ?
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:13:40 PM

Good luck staying in BTC
BTC will crash big time

For a start, I'm not interested in the BTC / USD rate.

Secondly, DRK cannot go up and up and up.

It can probably go up a bit, but remember DRK is in demand for technical function - not its "network effect". BTC has taken that crown and won't be giving it up. There is a big difference - being in demand because of a specific technical property and being in demand because it's the 'reserve currency'.

So while I don't disagree that DRK probably has some mileage left (if not considerable) and that it can probably remain in front as the leading 'brand', it's clearly not going to be the only 'private transaction' network around and that will limit its ultimate market cap. I think the days of multiple DRK's per bit coin might be dreamland now, but as I say it could still go up considerably as it's a technically sound project. Only problem is, the more it goes up, the more risky an investment it is.

We've already seen the recent technical developments valued. The top was 0.0277, so that sets a precedent. It's one thing getting there when it's uncharted waters, a very different one to retrace that path after a lot of people have lost a lot of money.

Sleepyx

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:15:12 PM

Dark to da moon, wish i got in early but we is still starting 2 snowball !!!

For all we know you are in early!  Dark's value could go way up from here!

I think we're going up again, 1 & 2h charts looks like cup & a handle...

Imagine if you were lucky enough to get into Bitcoin at $10-$15???

It's still extremely early for DRK...

1 Trillion Dollars a year estimate for "private" transactions taking place around the globe...

I was and then I sold them all at $20  Cry

Dude...

I would have cancer by now thinking about that every day...

You've been given a 2nd chance with DRK... Tongue

You couldn't possibly know. But now you know, and Darkcoin has a lot of potential... So you can repeat history or not, the choice is yours.
http://youtu.be/NG1qooBzE2w

Yeah Im holding at least a masternodes worth forever. I searched for a good month every day before finding darkcoin to put my money into in february. My prediction is that drk will be somewhere between $50-$200 this time next year, especially since Evan is going to be doing a lot of PR once its open source, I know he's got the contacts waiting for interviews. Hopefully everything goes smooth.

Trade crypto? Check out Quatloo Trader - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=711966.0
GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:15:20 PM

Where and How Huh

Thanks!

Good luck staying in BTC
BTC will crash big time

How can 18 million impact and 8 billion market that much, except for FUD & Panic ?

At worst it will lower the price by 5-10%, they aren't going to go full retard and flood the order books.

On the contrary. Its an auction, off the order books. No one will be dumping those. They'll buy cheaper, not much below market, as I'm sure there will be an "overdose" of biddings. Then, these poeple buying massive amount of BTC will what... dump them right after?

No no... these are the guys who are now talking to investors and filling up bank account to actually do stuff with BTC, like start-ups, mutual funds etc.

Yeah, the price might drop in general, but it will bounce back really quick. Those bidders are the HODLers. Its the panic people that make the price drop, like as soon as it was announced, boom 20 USD drop.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:21:37 PM

On the contrary. Its an auction, off the order books. No one will be dumping those. They'll buy cheaper, not much below market, as I'm sure there will be an "overdose" of biddings. Then, these poeple buying massive amount of BTC will what... dump them right after?

Anyway, it doesn't matter.

With Bitcoin being the reserve currency, if it goes down they all go down against fiat.

DRK and all other alts are just proxies for Bitcoin (since their value is expressed in BTC).
GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:24:50 PM

Good luck staying in BTC
BTC will crash big time

For a start, I'm not interested in the BTC / USD rate.

Secondly, DRK cannot go up and up and up.

It can probably go up a bit, but remember DRK is in demand for technical function - not its "network effect". BTC has taken that crown and won't be giving it up. There is a big difference - being in demand because of a specific technical property and being in demand because it's the 'reserve currency'.

So while I don't disagree that DRK probably has some mileage left (if not considerable) and that it can probably remain in front as the leading 'brand', it's clearly not going to be the only 'private transaction' network around and that will limit its ultimate market cap. I think the days of multiple DRK's per bit coin might be dreamland now, but as I say it could still go up considerably as it's a technically sound project. Only problem is, the more it goes up, the more risky an investment it is.

We've already seen the recent technical developments valued. The top was 0.0277, so that sets a precedent. It's one thing getting there when it's uncharted waters, a very different one to retrace that path after a lot of people have lost a lot of money.

Very good point, handn´t thought of that. Though I disagree in that DRK can be a store of value, just as much as BTC. In fact, it could even be MORE in some individual's case, as the tx was private.

But, I do see the main purpose of DRK in a two way fashion. Mega and micro tx, with very little in between. Mega tx will initially drive the price insane, until it retracts and consolidates. People will want to move crazy amounts around, and sell instantly into local currency, or diversify portfolio. Mainly, FIAT though.

Micro tx in the real life "dark market" has the equivalent to many mega coorporations put together. So all those little tx can equate the same volume as large tx.

Its like BTC + LTC + privacy = DRK

EDIT: I mean DarkSend in this post !!
GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:26:49 PM

With Bitcoin being the reserve currency, if it goes down they all go down against fiat.

DRK and all other alts are just proxies for Bitcoin (since their value is expressed in BTC).

Bitfinex does DRK/USD. Also another, I forget the name.
 Which other crypto has a FIAT pair in less than 6 months since launch ?
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:32:02 PM

Bitfinex does DRK/USD. Also another, I forget the name.

ccex
tombtc

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:35:42 PM

https://bter.com/marketlist/USD

bter got DRKUSD today Smiley
sukottosan_d

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:56:54 PM

Neutrinocoin is funny: check out the github commits...
LOL. Can't believe people are buying and having $s stolen.
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:58:42 PM

Anyone thinking the US Government selling 30k of BTC is going to actually do a damn thing to bitcoin is stupid as fuck. These aren't NEW coins, they are very much accounted for in the existing coinage, as are Satoshi's 1 million. Further, these aren't heading to any of the major exchanges--they are being sold to investors that need to show valid forms of identification to take delivery (further, being that they are 3k blocks, these are going to be wealthy investors). Finally, this shows BTC has value.
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:58:51 PM

Where and How Huh

Thanks!

Good luck staying in BTC
BTC will crash big time

Because all the children will panic !
aaaaaaa ….>>>
sukottosan_d

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:04:18 PM

Re-initialization of Advanced Neutrino Coin blockchain

Neutrino neutrinocoin released this on Mar 31 · 18 commits to master since this release

We are re-initializing the Advanced Neutrino Coin blockchain. The reason is that we found a flaw in the initial release which we felt put the blockchain at risk of being unverifiable in certain scenarios. The genesis block reward was set inconsistently in two parts of the code: at initialization, it was set to 1 coin and when being verified it was expected to be 3992. We could not guarantee that this would not cause verification problems in the future, and so, reluctantly, decided for the sake of the community to re-initialize so we could all have a blockchain that we could trust. Apologies to those who have mined some coins, but you will all have the chance to start again, and in fact this next round will be arguably more fair, since presumably more people now know about Advanced Neutrino Coin. Incidentally, we also have changed the difficulty retarget from 24 blocks to 12 blocks to make the network more resilient to changes in hash-rate, but this was a relatively minor change and one we may revisit in the future depending on feedback from the community.

So wait...they reinitialized the blockchain ....less then 3 months ago....
And...the 210,000,000 coins got mined in less then 3 months? with no release info really..
Fun..doesn't sound scammy at all.
sukottosan_d

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:22:30 PM

Neutrino neutrinocoin released this on Mar 31 · 18 commits to master since this release

We are re-initializing the Advanced Neutrino Coin blockchain. The reason is that we found a flaw in the initial release which we felt put the blockchain at risk of being unverifiable in certain scenarios. The genesis block reward was set inconsistently in two parts of the code: at initialization, it was set to 1 coin and when being verified it was expected to be 3992. We could not guarantee that this would not cause verification problems in the future, and so, reluctantly, decided for the sake of the community to re-initialize so we could all have a blockchain that we could trust. Apologies to those who have mined some coins, but you will all have the chance to start again, and in fact this next round will be arguably more fair, since presumably more people now know about Advanced Neutrino Coin. Incidentally, we also have changed the difficulty retarget from 24 blocks to 12 blocks to make the network more resilient to changes in hash-rate, but this was a relatively minor change and one we may revisit in the future depending on feedback from the community.

And...the 210,000,000 coins got mined in less then 3 months? with no release info really..

Reviewed the code - ....they integrated Tor...which does nothing for anonymity in this type of system. I know that's what they say but they muddle it up with all kinds of other info on their site and all that.
Look like a cash grab. <---- I realize everyone suspected such. Just wanted to say I did a code review....and for the record - it doesn't take long cause they didn't add much.

naxin

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:32:13 PM

Reviewed the code - ....they integrated Tor...which does nothing for anonymity in this type of system. I know that's what they say but they muddle it up with all kinds of other info on their site and all that.
Look like a cash grab. <---- I realize everyone suspected such. Just wanted to say I did a code review....and for the record - it doesn't take long cause they didn't add much.

Yep, literally the only thing they have going for them is a _beautiful_ (as for as cryptocoins go...) website done by people who actually know something about marketing.

I concluded the same thing you did when I reviewed it and the whitepaper. All it will do is obfuscate the IP address connected to a transaction, but 99% of the time that wouldn't matter, as the IP address associated with a block will be which node the miner got the block from, which only in a very rare case would actually be the person sending the transaction. They do a great job of making it sound like it does an awful lot more than that though.
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:33:12 PM

Join the official Facebook page for Development updates and News ….>>

https://www.facebook.com/DarkcoinOfficial

Pages: « 1 ... 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 [1788] 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: