Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 11:43:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 [2123] 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722540 times)
peteycamey
Legendary

Activity: 1184
Merit: 1017

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 06:15:31 PM

is there a guide for regular 1 pc old style masternode setup? (no hot/cold)

I keep getting inbound port is not open. please open it and try again error.
fatherof5

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 06:21:56 PM

About a month ago I discovered Darkcoin. I bought in over .02 after reading about what it was trying to do. I invested far more than I should have as I was certain it would keep going up.

I am in absolute despair right now, I still haven't told my wife how much I lost. Honestly, I'm terrified of the thought. It was money we could have used as a down payment on a house, or to send the kids to college. Money that pretty much would have been useful somewhere else.

We live in an apartment and have been saving for a house for years.

I'm sick to my stomach now. I can't sleep at night because my mind races through series of 'what-ifs.' I honestly don't know what to do. How do I tell my wife the money is gone?

I'm thinking about leaving everything behind and going off to some other country as that is how heavy the burden feels right now. I know my kids would miss me but I can't stand the thought of them knowing how much of a failure I am.

It's hard to read about all these people talking about all their profits and how much they made. I hope they realize for everything they've gained is off the back of someone like me who saw something they thought was a worthwhile investment and got burned.

darkproton

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 06:25:04 PM

About a month ago I discovered Darkcoin. I bought in over .02 after reading about what it was trying to do. I invested far more than I should have as I was certain it would keep going up.

I am in absolute despair right now, I still haven't told my wife how much I lost. Honestly, I'm terrified of the thought. It was money we could have used as a down payment on a house, or to send the kids to college. Money that pretty much would have been useful somewhere else.

I'm sick to my stomach now. I can't sleep at night because my mind races through series of 'what-ifs.' I honestly don't know what to do. How do I tell my wife the money is gone?

I'm thinking about leaving everything behind and going off to some other country as that is how heavy the burden feels right now. I know my kids would miss me but I can't stand the thought of them knowing how much of a failure I am.

It's hard to read about all these people talking about all their profits and how much they made. I hope they realize for everything they've gained is off the back of someone like me who saw something they thought was a worthwhile investment and got burned.

Damn. I'm truly sorry to hear of your pain. It won't help much, but do you have an addy to donate?
tombtc

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 06:28:22 PM

Man, you have not lost anything until you sell.
fatherof5

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 06:28:51 PM

Damn. I'm truly sorry to hear of your pain. It won't help much, but do you have an addy to donate?

I couldn't take anyone's money. My head is just spinning right now and I want to go back in time.
Pencha

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 06:32:29 PM

You will have to wait my friend. You invested but this is not going to rise over night. If you go out now, you lost, game over, no college, no house. I think you invested smart but a little to late. I entered at 4x lower price and i'm holding it. You'll be rich next year, maybe till the end of this year even, trust on this one    Wink

xgtele

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 06:32:41 PM

Keep your DRKs, don't do panic sell!
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 06:34:57 PM

Your first mistake was investing more than you could afford to lose. If you were still saving for a house, you really didn't have the excess capital to take on additional risk. It's all about priorities. Having said that, the money isn't gone. If you bought at .02, you still have half your capital. Whether you decide to take the hit and realize those losses is completely up to you, but given how emotionally involved you are and your goals, it might make sense in your shoes to get your money back into savings. As for telling the wife, do it. Not worth hiding anything from your significant other. It would be cowardly to just pack your shit and leave everything you worked so hard for behind.
becker

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 06:37:47 PM

Nice, pretty good story. Hope no one is dumb enough to give you free coins though. I've read this same scenario before, and eventually it turns to e begging.
bigc1984

Activity: 658
Merit: 534

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 06:38:20 PM

#1 rule of investing is to never invest more than you can afford to lose. I made $24,000 profit from darkcoin and last week I invested .3 btc on miningrigs to mine razorcoin and it turned into over $8000. When I got into crypto I would spend 12 hours a day soaking in patterns and learning everything there is no to know. I sacrificed many many MONTHS of researching before I start making any significant profit. Advice I can give you is learn from your mistake. Just know that no matter what you think you are going through, there are people going through much worse. I read about a guy who just sent half a million dollars to an old MTGOX address because he thought it was a mintpal address or something. People die everyday and they never see it coming, trust me shit could be worse if you are on here talking about it.
fatherof5

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 06:42:51 PM

Nice, pretty good story. Hope no one is dumb enough to give you free coins though. I've read this same scenario before, and eventually it turns to e begging.

I don't want any money...
tprogex

Activity: 104

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 06:46:11 PM

#1 rule of investing is to never invest more than you can afford to lose. I made $24,000 profit from darkcoin and last week I invested .3 btc on miningrigs to mine razorcoin and it turned into over $8000. When I got into crypto I would spend 12 hours a day soaking in patterns and learning everything there is no to know. I sacrificed many many MONTHS of researching before I start making any significant profit. Advice I can give you is learn from your mistake. Just know that no matter what you think you are going through, there are people going through much worse. I read about a guy who just sent half a million dollars to an old MTGOX address because he thought it was a mintpal address or something. People die everyday and they never see it coming, trust me shit could be worse if you are on here talking about it.
so Based on Your patterns will price rise stay or down in coming weeks.
piyany

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 06:48:01 PM

You are right to be in despair since this is the despair phase for this coin Wink Does not feel like it in this thread though.

If any of this is true then it sucks but you will make it up. Just dump now on mintpal, I need some under .01  Wink
hartvercoint

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 06:51:40 PM

Well, it's most likely going back up once RC4 is out and everything is working smoothly. It may not make you rich over night, but I don't see you getting out at a loss. It's just gonna take a while.

However in Crypto shit can turn south any second, regardless of the coin. So if you really rely on that money and can't stand the uncertainty, you might wanna grab what's left of it and get it over with.

#edit: is there any interest in having someone run the remote part of a masternode for you for something like 2DRK/month? No Linux hassle, just paste provided data in your darkcoin.conf and go for it. You'd remain full control over your funds at any time.
BossBee

Activity: 682
Merit: 540

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 06:57:40 PM

First of all if your living in an apartment you shouldn't be having 5 kids, Its apparent you've been making bad decisions for some time now. Secondly welcome to capitalism, every winner in this game is standing on the backs of a thousand losers. I have zero remorse for you . . Hold your coins and next month your life will be a green candle stick

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 07:01:37 PM

DRK isn't over by a long shot, in my view, and this *may* be at the bottom. Even if you sell, maybe just keep a few long term and later perhaps it will make up for the loss.

Whatever coin wins Anon is going to be huge, and the investments in the Anon craze is all because of the success of DRK. It is the #5 Crypto on the CMC, not like you bought into some IPO and the dev ran off with your Bitcoin.

becker

Activity: 146

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 07:01:48 PM

I don't want any money...

Well, you have a few options either hold DRK, and hope for rebound. I give it 50/50. Or look for some promising coin launch, and try to make it back on the initial pop when it's listed on an exchange, or see if your marriage is worth anything and tell your wife. If she leaves you over a dumb mistake, well she wasn't worth it anyway. Sickness and in health, good time and bad, but most likely if she doesn't leave you she'll beat you with it for years, so yeah, I'd move to mexico.

Dark development has been sllllllllooooooowwwww that is why everyone is dumping it, other alts are moving faster in development and have other plans beyond anon. If anon was fully implemented now, it would be trading much higher.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 07:02:39 PM

Hi, first off, let me say, I never thought it would go as low as it has.  I dont' invest, only did in this coin because I really believe in Evan's abilities and vision.  I'm not going to say anything like don't invest more than you can afford to lose, because frankly I did the same thing.  I have to pay a big bill I've avoided 2 months now.  I can't avoid it much longer and have about 2 days left.  I will have to sell then no matter what.  And I was hoping this would help me get out of dept.  So I sort of feel your pain.  BUT!

Ok, look, hold on.  First of all, are you under pressure right now to sell, like I am?  If not, take a deep breath.  Please read on.

Cryptos are extremely volatile, even Bitcoin is.  I can not promise you the moon, but I'm very confident in saying you will see your price again, if not higher.  I know it's scary, and that there is a whole band of crypto manipulators out there that are trying to lower the price as much as they can so they can make fast money on the coin.  Believe me, those are the same people who will pump it again as soon as Evan announces, pretty much anything.  They literally pump money like they're squeezing the life out of your heart.  BUT PLEASE!

For your family's sake, please don't dump it now at the low.  I would understand if this were another coin, especially ones that have been proven not to work (at all) or have fatal flaws.  Dark doesn't have fatal flaws, just kinks to work out and Evan, our main developer, is brilliant.

I do not trade.  I only care about the price right now because I'm going to end up selling at a loss due to the fact I absolutely need the money.  Wish I had sold it now a month ago.  I never would have thought the price would get this low.  But the rest of my coins, I will hold, I'll only sell as much as I absolutely have to.

God, I know you must be going through hell, I'm so sorry!  But I'm begging you to be careful.  Right now, you must admit you're in a panic.  DON'T PANIC!  Nothing good comes from panicking!  Darkcoin is NOT going away.  It's an amazing coin, honestly, it is!  The privacy issue is a real issue that must be solved and Darkcoin is millimeters from the goal.  I have nothing to gain by your holding, only trying to minimize your loss and hopefully help your get your money back.  I have to go, I'm sorry, gotta leave.  But follow Toknormal, listen to him please, he is smart!  Toknormal help this guy please!  I'm so sorry people are waiting on me, got to go! 

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
tprogex

Activity: 104

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 07:03:16 PM

95% of whem lie as if You do mathematical analyse  based on price and volume in exchanges, if current price will stay or go down 95% (I think even more) who play with drkcoin will be in lose. Form this point coin have only 2 ways 1st die 2nd success it can't be stay in this level too match.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 07:07:18 PM

First of all if your living in an apartment you shouldn't be having 5 kids, Its apparent you've been making bad decisions for some time now. Secondly welcome to capitalism, every winner in this game is standing on the backs of a thousand losers. I have zero remorse for you . . Hold your coins and next month your life will be a green candle stick

+1

Never invest money that you can't afford to lose, you made a very bad decision by using money that you need in real life to invest in crypto.

Crypto is high risk, ''reading'' about a certain coin is not enough, you should do some proper research as well.
Buying coins at a certain level when it already has risen quite a bit is your second mistake.

For the next time you should think before you buy crypto, not buy crypto and do the thinking after.

Let this be a lesson for you, hope you'll not make the same mistake.

Pages: « 1 ... 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 [2123] 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: