Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:25:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 [2111] 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722547 times)
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:16:44 PM

We support like 40 coins, all of them have something bubbling, for none of them do we have update stratum code unless it's a new algo. First we were told we just needed to update client, which we complied with as fast as we could. If some one could point to some clear instructions on what needs to be done, we would attempt to comply, but so far nothing (something beyond then just "update NOMP" as we have to write the solution custom ourselves.)

Hi, I have to agree with this, there should be no stratum modifications necessary for the masternode payments, they should be done within the coin wallet code, there is code already out there for this, check freicoin or other coins that have automated donations.

People are going to exploit this to steal masternode payments.  I guarantee it.

I can't see how once it's enforced. Care to elaborate ?
Drobek

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:17:22 PM

Thanks for the view from the other side. Yes, the instructions could have been better. On the other hand, the majority of pools managed to implement the MN and surprise surprise - they still mine the coin even when the rate is lower by 20%. However, their compliance is putting them into disadvantaged positions against your pool so it is unlikely this situation will last much longer.
[/quote]

Look we have no problem complying, but 95% of those pools just had to update to the latest version of NOMP (the solution was provided for them) we have to write it custom. We would pay the 20%, and work it in to our formula-- but like I said instructions were not clear, even after we scrubbed through this thread and the darkcointalk one. This is coming from my engineers who spent like the better part of yesterday looking in to trying write in compliance.
[/quote]

Thanks for coming here and clarifying your points, much appreciated. Up until now I was under the impression that greed is the only factor for not paying the MN :-)
Scriptiee

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:17:44 PM

We support like 40 coins, all of them have something bubbling, for none of them do we have update stratum code unless it's a new algo. First we were told we just needed to update client, which we complied with as fast as we could. If some one could point to some clear instructions on what needs to be done, we would attempt to comply, but so far nothing (something beyond then just "update NOMP" as we have to write the solution custom ourselves.)

Hi, I have to agree with this, there should be no stratum modifications necessary for the masternode payments, they should be done within the coin wallet code, there is code already out there for this, check freicoin or other coins that have automated donations.

Blocks not including payment or ones attempting to tamper with it will be orphaned as far as I understand.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:18:09 PM

Haven't been able to keep up recently.

Sporks: are they a permanent feature of alt-coins? Hard forks can now be replaced by 2-step implementations, including checkpoints?

If so, no more ASICs unless it is voted upon by choice?

Part of LTC price pressure has been said to be down to ASIC miners dumping

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=2327.msg190260#msg190260

BUMP

Can I ask, are Sporks the end of ASICs?
TheBlackDogeOfWallStreet

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:18:29 PM

Look I didn't mean to come off all hostile, we've been trying to become compliant for the last 2 days or so, but it's becoming frustrating, as everyone thinks we're doing this on purpose, but we're just not finding any clear instructions on getting this done.

Hell the first 3 people that reached out to me all just said update your Drk Coin wallet, which we did, and then people still kept messaging us, so I thought it was a mistake, but people STILL kept messaging us, so I posted on twitter asking WTF, some one FINALLY links me to the DarkCoinTalk thread! Great I thought, I forward it to my engineers, and they come back and tell me that payments have to be manually sent-- or that we would have to write a custom solution on how to do it. Instructions were mostly just to update to NOMP or whatever flavor of Stratum you are using.

So please gentlemen, understand where I am coming from. I'm not trying to steal freaking DRK coins or whatever, we've been trying to become compliant, and if some one can point to some real technical data and say "HERE THIS IS FROM THE DEVS, DO THIS" we will do it, but I have not seen that as of yet.
flound1129

Activity: 938

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:18:44 PM

Thanks for the view from the other side. Yes, the instructions could have been better. On the other hand, the majority of pools managed to implement the MN and surprise surprise - they still mine the coin even when the rate is lower by 20%. However, their compliance is putting them into disadvantaged positions against your pool so it is unlikely this situation will last much longer.

Look we have no problem complying, but 95% of those pools just had to update to the latest version of NOMP (the solution was provided for them) we have to write it custom. We would pay the 20%, and work it in to our formula-- but like I said instructions were not clear, even after we scrubbed through this thread and the darkcointalk one. This is coming from my engineers who spent like the better part of yesterday looking in to trying write in compliance.
[/quote]

Thanks for coming here and clarifying your points, much appreciated. Up until now I was under the impression that greed is the only factor for not paying the MN :-)
[/quote]

I wasn't even aware stratum updates were required until about 20 minutes ago.  I am asking my developer to merge the changes now.

However, I still think this is stupid and should be done in the wallet code.

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
Kai Proctor

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:19:39 PM

Blocks not including payment or ones attempting to tamper with it will be orphaned as far as I understand.

Yes. That's why I don't understand his statement.
Scriptiee

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:21:19 PM

Oh sorry, misread your post, thought you asking how enforcement will resolve the issue ... my bad
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:21:39 PM

Haven't been able to keep up recently.

Sporks: are they a permanent feature of alt-coins? Hard forks can now be replaced by 2-step implementations, including checkpoints?

If so, no more ASICs unless it is voted upon by choice?

Part of LTC price pressure has been said to be down to ASIC miners dumping

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=2327.msg190260#msg190260

BUMP

Can I ask, are Sporks the end of ASICs?

BUMP

Have we Has Evan just saved Bitcoin and Litecoin?
TheBlackDogeOfWallStreet

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:22:19 PM

I wasn't even aware stratum updates were required until about 20 minutes ago.  I am asking my developer to merge the changes now.

Yes please when you are reaching out to pools telling them to update, do more than just telling them to update the client-- a lot of these pools run dozens of coins, and it's impossible to keep up with every single one of them, or what little quirk they need. 99.9% of coin updates require us to update the client only-- that's what we are used to, so that's what we did when we were initially approached.

Some real technical information here would be greatly appreciated-- specifically for pool operators, instead of accusing them of being greedy thieves =/
flound1129

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:23:02 PM

It leaves this open as an attack vector.  If there is any flaw in the enforcement code it can be exploited.  If the code isn't even there yet then it can potentially be exploited right now.

Scriptiee

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:24:00 PM

Look I didn't mean to come off all hostile, we've been trying to become compliant for the last 2 days or so, but it's becoming frustrating, as everyone thinks we're doing this on purpose, but we're just not finding any clear instructions on getting this done.

Hell the first 3 people that reached out to me all just said update your Drk Coin wallet, which we did, and then people still kept messaging us, so I thought it was a mistake, but people STILL kept messaging us, so I posted on twitter asking WTF, some one FINALLY links me to the DarkCoinTalk thread! Great I thought, I forward it to my engineers, and they come back and tell me that payments have to be manually sent-- or that we would have to write a custom solution on how to do it. Instructions were mostly just to update to NOMP or whatever flavor of Stratum you are using.

So please gentlemen, understand where I am coming from. I'm not trying to steal freaking DRK coins or whatever, we've been trying to become compliant, and if some one can point to some real technical data and say "HERE THIS IS FROM THE DEVS, DO THIS" we will do it, but I have not seen that as of yet.

We will need info on what your setup is, well someone here will need. I would recommend contacting chaeplin for help. He would be the most qualified person to assist you here really,

https://darkcointalk.org/members/chaeplin.206/ <-- his profile on Darkcointalk

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=247488 <--- his profile on btctalk
TheBlackDogeOfWallStreet

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:24:54 PM

I'm thinking that if.....

....if I am reading TheBlackDoge correctly

You run custom pool software - correct

Then getting DRK software to run on your system would be your issue and not a DRK issue

I feel like I'm banging my head up against a wall here--- I'm saying we are trying to comply-- just point us to the technical information-- something beyond than just "update to latest NOMP."
hartvercoint

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:25:14 PM

Great, thanks for looking into it!

I agree that this could have been communicated in a more transparent way. And I see that stuff like this is a huge pain for pools using custom stratum solutions (i.e. multipools).

@BlackDoge:

I think the magic happens here https://github.com/darkcoinproject/darkcoin-stratum/blob/master/lib/coinbasetx.py#L10 ll. 10-65
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:26:08 PM

I agree that this could have been communicated in a more transparent way. And I see that stuff like this is a huge pain for pools using custom stratum solutions (i.e. multipools).

Then once enforcement starts...its a feature  Grin
flound1129

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:26:14 PM

Then getting DRK software to run on your system would be your issue and not a DRK issue

Introducing a gratuitous incompatibility that makes it harder for pools to mine your coin is a DRK issue as well.

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:28:29 PM

Introducing a gratuitous incompatibility that makes it harder for pools to mine your coin is a DRK issue as well.

Pools are an adaptation to decentralised crypto? Adapt, n'est-ce pas?
TheBlackDogeOfWallStreet

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:29:23 PM

@BlackDoge:

I think the magic happens here https://github.com/darkcoinproject/darkcoin-stratum/blob/master/lib/coinbasetx.py#L10 ll. 10-65

Alright cheers, I'm forwarding this to my engineers to see if we could make this work.
flound1129

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:30:16 PM

Pools are an adaptation to decentralised crypto? Adapt, n'est-ce pas?

We are adapting.  The point is via lazy coding you are increasing the number of headaches in my life and I have enough already.

Kai Proctor

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:31:44 PM

I feel like I'm banging my head up against a wall here--- I'm saying we are trying to comply-- just point us to the technical information-- something beyond than just "update to latest NOMP."

https://darkcointalk.org/forums/official-developer-thread.15/
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rc3-relaunch-strategy-and-testing.1482/
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rc3-soft-fork.1576/
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/please-update-your-darkcoin-clients.1602/
Pages: « 1 ... 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 [2111] 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: