Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:34:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 [2110] 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722547 times)
TheBlackDogeOfWallStreet

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 06:45:41 PM

{SNIP}
Well, we don't run an off the shelf solution, so to create a proper implementation, would take quiet some time, all to make 20% less coin. DRK womps.

I fail to see how the loss of a multipool is going to damage the DRK ecosystem. All it does is limit the options of your miners.

It doesn't limit anything for my miners, at -20% DRK is not a profitable coin to mine at all-- on top of that we would have to invest dev time in to what is largely not a very profitable coin.

Like I said, we will just be removing it from our rotation, as it does not make sense to mine-- not to mention the DEVs did not make it easy for pools with any clear instructions on what even needs to be automated. Just github links to a bunch of patches for off the shelf solutions--- 0 help really.
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 06:46:51 PM

{SNIP}
Well, we don't run an off the shelf solution, so to create a proper implementation, would take quiet some time, all to make 20% less coin. DRK womps.

I fail to see how the loss of a multipool is going to damage the DRK ecosystem. All it does is limit the options of your miners.

Domino effect
TheBlackDogeOfWallStreet

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 06:50:26 PM

{SNIP}

It doesn't limit anything for my miners, at -20% DRK is not a profitable coin to mine at all-- on top of that we would have to invest dev time in to what is largely not a very profitable coin.

Like I said, we will just be removing it from our rotation, as it does not make sense to mine-- not to mention the DEVs did not make it easy for pools with any clear instructions on what even needs to be automated. Just github links to a bunch of patches for off the shelf solutions--- 0 help really.

So basically your saying that if you can't dump it now for profit what's the point?
Am I reading this right?

DRK Holders will be just find
DRK dumpers will be the ones that really lose out

I run a multipool... that's literally what we do-- we profit switch to get the best return. Mining DRK at a 20% loss will not make any of our miners happy-- as ultimately they don't get paid out in DRK anyway.. to them it's just a 20% loss of revenue.

I wouldn't even care about all that, if I could just update the wallet and be on my merry way, instead of having to manually pay some Master Node.
MineP.it

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 06:54:33 PM

{SNIP}

So basically your saying that if you can't dump it now for profit what's the point?
Am I reading this right?

DRK Holders will be just find
DRK dumpers will be the ones that really lose out

I run a multipool... that's literally what we do-- we profit switch to get the best return. Mining DRK at a 20% loss will not make any of our miners happy-- as ultimately they don't get paid out in DRK anyway.. to them it's just a 20% loss of revenue.

I wouldn't even care about all that, if I could just update the wallet and be on my merry way, instead of having to manually pay some Master Node.

You don't have to manually pay anything. You just need to make some modifications to your stratum code that adds the extra transaction to the block. Shouldn't take very long if you know what you're doing. And, as a pool owner, you should.

https://www.minep.it - secure, stable mining pools | 0.75% fees | chat | forums | one login for 40+ pools | unique interface
Pools: Bitcoin | BitMark | ConspiracyCoin | CryptCoin | CureCoin | DarkCoin | Digit | DogeCoin | Dvorakoin | FeatherCoin | FractalCoin | Hiro | IsraelCoin | KarmaCoin | Kryptonite | LimeCoinX | Litecoin | MultiWalletCoin | Negotium | NewWorldOrder | OzzieCoin | PyramidsCoin | RootCoin | SaveCoin | Shade | SurvivorCoin | SysCoin | TalkCoin | TitCoin | Trinity | UseCoin | UtopiaCoin | VertCoin | ViaCoin | VirtualCoin | VirtualMiningCoin | WankCoin | WorldCoin | ZetaCoin
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 06:54:45 PM

Well if you find it difficult to comply with the intentions of the community and the development team, best we leave things there then.  If you guys are paying out in BTC or something other than DRK, you are part of the reason for the coin 'not being profitable to mine'.

In any event, if its not profitable, you wouldn't be switching to mine it, so no loss for you either way.
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 06:54:59 PM

{SNIP}

No problem. Do what you think is best for your pool and your clients. Why do you keep defending your decision here?

You've made your point, and it's understandable. I think the feeling in the crypto community at large is that multipools are good for miners and bad for the actual currencies since they lead to wildly variable network hashrates. I'm frankly a little encouraged that we'll have one less multipool jacking with our network stats. But that may just be me.

I don't mean to come across as rude, just pragmatic. You do what's best for your pool, but I really doubt it's going to hurt DRK.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
ddink7
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 06:55:53 PM

Well if you find it difficult to comply with the intentions of the community and the development team, best we leave things there then.  If you guys are paying out in BTC or something other than DRK, you are part of the reason for the coin 'not being profitable to mine'.

In any event, if its not profitable, you wouldn't be switching to mine it, so no loss for you either way.

+1, especially the part in bold!

Dash - Digital Cash
Scriptiee

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 06:58:35 PM

You don't have to manually pay anything. You just need to make some modifications to your stratum code that adds the extra transaction to the block. Shouldn't take very long if you know what you're doing. And, as a pool owner, you should.

this indeed
TheBlackDogeOfWallStreet

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 06:59:10 PM

Which is why I said, if it was just as easy as updating the wallet, we would tweak our profit formula, and I wouldn't speak of it ever. The only reason I'm on here is because I kept getting messages about it, and we were trying to comply, we updated our wallet etc. But there was nearly no information on how pools can update themselves to work automagically with the payments-- except for updating NOMP or Stratum -- which we run a highly custom version of, so we can't just do that.

That was my whole point, I don't care what you guys do with your currency, or how you handle it, or whatever-- but everyone is saying COMPLY COMPLY, with nearly no information on how to do it.
ddink7
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:01:13 PM

Which is why I said, if it was just as easy as updating the wallet, we would tweak our profit formula, and I wouldn't speak of it ever. The only reason I'm on here is because I kept getting messages about it, and we were trying to comply, we updated our wallet etc. But there was nearly no information on how pools can update themselves to work automagically with the payments-- except for updating NOMP or Stratum -- which we run a highly custom version of, so we can't just do that.

That was my whole point, I don't care what you guys do with your currency, or how you handle it, or whatever-- but everyone is saying COMPLY COMPLY, with nearly no information on how to do it.

May I suggest that if you want to stop getting emails, you go ahead and remove DRK from your rotation now, rather than waiting? That will stop the emails, since people will no longer see your pool on the network at all.

I wish I knew enough to help you with the technical side but sadly I don't =/

Best of luck!

Dash - Digital Cash
Scriptiee

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:01:56 PM

There is plenty of information available on this forum as well as on darkcointalk.org all you need to do is spend a little time looking for it. Though this looks like it's not something you are interested in, therefore please do keep your word and remove DRK from your multipool.
TheBlackDogeOfWallStreet

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:03:13 PM

We support like 40 coins, all of them have something bubbling, for none of them do we have update stratum code unless it's a new algo. First we were told we just needed to update client, which we complied with as fast as we could. If some one could point to some clear instructions on what needs to be done, we would attempt to comply, but so far nothing (something beyond then just "update NOMP" as we have to write the solution custom ourselves.)
piyany

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:03:18 PM

I'm so annoyed to people selling huge amounts of dark on this ridiculous prices, why they hurt the coin instead of letting the price rise so they can profit more, also i hate those idiots on cryptsy trollbox insulting the darkcoin and talking about other clones and scam coins like they are better from our DARK...also i hope evan will make an positive announcement as soon as possible because the coin is being dumped because too many investors are afraid of the wallet bugs,the difficulty of setting up an masternode and we need immidiately to get ridd off those pools which are not willing to update they are scaring the hell out of the peoples..this coins is not stable anymore...WE NEED TO FIX THOSE ISSUES FIXED IMMIDIATELY ...there is not more time for fail,,this need to be done fast and with reliability.....I HOPE EVAN WILL DELIVER AND PERFECT CODING JOB WITHOUT ERRORS THIS TIME ON THE RC4......the price is hurting too many investors who are panic selling and too many enemies trying to kill the coin also ...GO DARK PROVE THEM WRONG...we need dark to rise to 0.03..this is more suitable for this coin ...we can even see bigger prices...RISE DARK ..RISE TO THE MOON!!

Words of a true bagholder Wink Some people predicted drk at .008 some time ago and with no new announcements...

Drobek

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:06:33 PM

{SNIP}

Thanks for stopping by and for the view from the other side. Yes, the instructions could have been better. On the other hand, the majority of pools managed to implement the MN and surprise surprise - they still mine the coin even when the rate is lower by 20%. However, their compliance is putting them into disadvantaged positions against your pool so it is unlikely this situation will last much longer.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:06:59 PM

this indeed

We support like 40 coins, all of them have something bubbling, for none of them do we have update stratum code unless it's a new algo. First we were told we just needed to update client, which we complied with as fast as we could. If some one could point to some clear instructions on what needs to be done, we would attempt to comply, but so far nothing (something beyond then just "update NOMP" as we have to write the solution custom ourselves.)

Thank you for pointing out that the vast majority of coins are not trying to push the boundaries of innovation  Tongue

Post here for help:

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/just-had-an-idea-for-us-miner-collectively-help-drk-before-next-fork.1662/

If DRK is still on your 'rotation', you must find it profitable, which is contra to what you said earlier  Tongue Tongue
TheBlackDogeOfWallStreet

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:08:58 PM

{SNIP}

Thanks for the view from the other side. Yes, the instructions could have been better. On the other hand, the majority of pools managed to implement the MN and surprise surprise - they still mine the coin even when the rate is lower by 20%. However, their compliance is putting them into disadvantaged positions against your pool so it is unlikely this situation will last much longer.

Look we have no problem complying, but 95% of those pools just had to update to the latest version of NOMP (the solution was provided for them) we have to write it custom. We would pay the 20%, and work it in to our formula-- but like I said instructions were not clear, even after we scrubbed through this thread and the darkcointalk one. This is coming from my engineers who spent like the better part of yesterday looking in to trying write in compliance.
Litecoinlocal.org

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 07:09:07 PM

DRK/LTC added to https://www.litecoinlocal.org/exchange
TheBlackDogeOfWallStreet

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:09:44 PM

this indeed

Thank you for pointing out that the vast majority of coins are not trying to push the boundaries of innovation  Tongue

Post here for help:

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/just-had-an-idea-for-us-miner-collectively-help-drk-before-next-fork.1662/

If DRK is still on your 'rotation', you must find it profitable, which is contra to what you said earlier  Tongue Tongue

Profit switch is 100% formula based-- it's whatever our algo says.
flound1129

Activity: 938

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:09:55 PM

Hi, I have to agree with this, there should be no stratum modifications necessary for the masternode payments, they should be done within the coin wallet code, there is code already out there for this, check freicoin or other coins that have automated donations.

People are going to exploit this to steal masternode payments.  I guarantee it.

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:11:45 PM

Hi, I have to agree with this, there should be no stratum modifications necessary for the masternode payments, they should be done within the coin wallet code, there is code already out there for this, check freicoin or other coins that have automated donations.

People are going to exploit this to steal masternode payments.  I guarantee it.

Maybe. But enforcement in RC4 might be a barrier.

EDIT:

I have no issue with pools. I've used them quite a bit.

But maybe using sporks can be used to prevent ASICs and enforcement can be used to encourage p2pool.  Both encourage decentralisation, something we should all want to see.
Pages: « 1 ... 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 [2110] 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: